PDA

View Full Version : CookingWIMB

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2019, 09:27 AM
So Mrs Marve has been a long time follower on Facebook of a chap who shares all sorts of cooking recipes and stuff. His name is Nikos something or other and he has apparently got a small cult following on there. Anyway, Mrs Marve fell in love with this halloumi and mint bread thing this chap had posted and proceeded to bake it at the weekend. Seems like there is some kind of Greek/Cypriot influence in this chap and his food, certainly not a recipe I would dream up.

Anyway, the finished result was okay. More edible when warm as with halloumi it goes a bit rubbery when cold. I had a bit and then the rest unfortunately fell in the bin when nobody was looking.

I wait excitedly to see what we will be having next weekend.

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 09:31 AM
So Mrs Marve has been a long time follower on Facebook of a chap who shares all sorts of cooking recipes and stuff. His name is Nikos something or other and he has apparently got a small cult following on there. Anyway, Mrs Marve fell in love with this halloumi and mint bread thing this chap had posted and proceeded to bake it at the weekend. Seems like there is some kind of Greek/Cypriot influence in this chap and his food, certainly not a recipe I would dream up.

Anyway, the finished result was okay. More edible when warm as with halloumi it goes a bit rubbery when cold. I had a bit and then the rest unfortunately fell in the bin when nobody was looking.

:driving: :vsign: ;-)

Sir C
02-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Halloumi? In bread? Sounds appalling. Halloumi needs lubrication. I like to slice it, flour it and sauté it, adding lime juice, capers and coriander at the end. Served on mixed leaves this makes a pleasing hors d'oeuvre.

Your mate Nicos sounds a bit wrong.

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2019, 09:34 AM
It was a whole block, grated into the mix. I don't know how these Turkish lot come up with it. Personally I have never done anything more than slice halloumi, browned in a dry pan and eaten immediately, sometime with a drizzle of honey if I am feeling particularly promiscuous.

My man Nikos is unfortunately a bit wrong on occasions, but he does take a lovely picture of a Mandarin Duck.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 09:39 AM
It was a whole block, grated into the mix. I don't know how these Turkish lot come up with it. Personally I have never done anything more than slice halloumi, browned in a dry pan and eaten immediately, sometime with a drizzle of honey if I am feeling particularly promiscuous.

My man Nikos is unfortunately a bit wrong on occasions, but he does take a lovely picture of a Mandarin Duck.

Are you saying you know more than Nicos, my friend?

Rich
02-05-2019, 09:39 AM

Have you ever asked him for his views on Alexis Sanchez?

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Are you saying you know more than Nicos, my friend?

What if he is, my friend? :vsign: :hehe:

Sir C
02-05-2019, 09:42 AM
What if he is, my friend? :vsign: :hehe:

Remember the exciting news about a special offer on water filters?

Amazing seens.

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Remember the exciting news about a special offer on water filters?

Amazing seens.

there's an argument to say that Awimb could have been a much better environment had we embraced some of those things. Imagine how harmonious we could all have been, saving money collectively, enjoying recipes and not enjoying people unfortunately falling off cliffs.

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Have you ever asked him for his views on Alexis Sanchez?

Do you follow him on Twitter? He still hunts down anti Arsenal people and calls them out. Quite right too.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 10:00 AM
there's an argument to say that Awimb could have been a much better environment had we embraced some of those things. Imagine how harmonious we could all have been, saving money collectively, enjoying recipes and not enjoying people unfortunately falling off cliffs.

With a few exceptions I feel we have generally been harmonious. Certainly, some of our humour has been somewhat robust, but we've all known each other long enough to recognise what is said in jest.

Now fúck off.

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2019, 10:07 AM
With a few exceptions I feel we have generally been harmonious. Certainly, some of our humour has been somewhat robust, but we've all known each other long enough to recognise what is said in jest.

Now fúck off.

I was going to say there hasn't been a flounce for a while. But as this board is just you and Berni ensuring you don't use up your T-Mobile monthly text allowance, I guess its not really possible anymore.

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 10:11 AM
I was going to say there hasn't been a flounce for a while. But as this board is just you and Berni ensuring you don't use up your T-Mobile monthly text allowance, I guess its not really possible anymore.

I used to love a good flounce.
But now my visits between coming on here are longer than flounces used to last.

how things have changed.

Rich
02-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Do you follow him on Twitter? He still hunts down anti Arsenal people and calls them out. Quite right too.

No - what’s his name there?

Sir C
02-05-2019, 10:30 AM

jorge flounced when berni gave him both barrels.

Monty92
02-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Saw a tweet from Jorge saying that he broke down and cried at the injustices of the world the other day.

I shouldn't have laughed, but, well..... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

Sir C
02-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Saw a tweet from Jorge saying that he broke down and cried at the injustices of the world the other day.

I shouldn't have laughed, but, well..... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

He finally broke me the other evening. After years of reading his juvenile nonsense and gently ribbing him, something he said just broke my banjo string and I gave him a good ****ing, then blocked him.

Pathetic, spineless little ****.

Him, not you. Wait. Maybe both of you.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-05-2019, 10:56 AM

Any recipes for well cooked lamb?

Ash
02-05-2019, 10:59 AM

He didn't flounce, he left. Flouncing requires an announcement imo. As in "THAT'S IT! I'M LEAVING FOREVER!!!111!!!" or perhaps a Cartmanesque "Screw you guys, I'm gerrng herrrm."

How was Ullswater?

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Billy GM "Any recipes for well cooked lamb?"

:nod:
He said to cook on a low temperature for 36 hours, drizzle with Tabasco, place on a slab of feta cheese and serve with a glass of chilled Chardonnay :cheers:

Sir C
02-05-2019, 11:13 AM
He didn't flounce, he left. Flouncing requires an announcement imo. As in "THAT'S IT! I'M LEAVING FOREVER!!!111!!!" or perhaps a Cartmanesque "Screw you guys, I'm gerrng herrrm."

How was Ullswater?

Extremely pretty. Lightweights that we are, the snow stopped us venturing very much upwards (aside from a memorably tough trudge up through deep snow to High Street) but we did plenty around lakes and so on. The best bit was probably a day sitting in the lounge with a roaring fire watching the snow fall on St Sunday Crag.

Planning our next trip now.

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 11:17 AM

How was Ullswater?

funnily enough Cartman is my new nickname

Rich
02-05-2019, 11:34 AM
funnily enough Cartman is my new nickname

That's a very flattering nickname, F.

Ash
02-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Extremely pretty. Lightweights that we are, the snow stopped us venturing very much upwards (aside from a memorably tough trudge up through deep snow to High Street) but we did plenty around lakes and so on. The best bit was probably a day sitting in the lounge with a roaring fire watching the snow fall on St Sunday Crag.

Planning our next trip now.

Yes, the feet have to climb over the snow every step, as well as up the mountain. High Street in such conditions is good work imo. :thumbup:

Sir C
02-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Yes, the feet have to climb over the snow every step, as well as up the mountain. High Street in such conditions is good work imo. :thumbup:

I've been up High Street 5 or 6 times now and every time I forget how hard it is. This time was the hardest climb I've ever done, by a margin.

SWv2
02-05-2019, 12:13 PM
He finally broke me the other evening. After years of reading his juvenile nonsense and gently ribbing him, something he said just broke my banjo string and I gave him a good ****ing, then blocked him.

Indeed. Feisty exchange.

Burney
02-05-2019, 12:51 PM

:hehe: Just looked it up. He really oughtn’t to have tried to use your dad against you. Given that he did, I feel he got off lightly. You could have been much more forensically cruel. But you’re too nice. I’ve always said so.
Must admit, I’ve been tempted many times to lay into him on Twitter when I’ve seen his more fùckwitted utterances. I’ve resisted the temptation. It’s not been easy.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 01:07 PM
:hehe: Just looked it up. He really oughtn’t to have tried to use your dad against you. Given that he did, I feel he got off lightly. You could have been much more forensically cruel. But you’re too nice. I’ve always said so.
Must admit, I’ve been tempted many times to lay into him on Twitter when I’ve seen his more fùckwitted utterances. I’ve resisted the temptation. It’s not been easy.

I’m not proud of myself for losing my temper, but I feel sort of cleansed to be free of him now.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:09 PM

Oh? What's his dad done this time? Troublesome creatures, those. Mine seems to spend all his time gallivanting to and from and occasionally stopping by to drink my best whisky before taking off again.

In fairness though, that's more or less what I used to do to him in my formative years :-\

Ash
02-05-2019, 01:15 PM
I've been up High Street 5 or 6 times now and every time I forget how hard it is. This time was the hardest climb I've ever done, by a margin.

My word. Almost as many times as you've been up Monty's mum, as I believe they say.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:17 PM
I’m not proud of myself for losing my temper, but I feel sort of cleansed to be free of him now.

Fùckssake, man! Yer man the Daily Lama would struggle not to chin that smirking cùnt. Don’t worry about it.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 01:17 PM
My word. Almost as many times as you've been up Monty's mum, as I believe they say.

Actually I mean The Knott, rather than High Street itself, come to think of it. It’s the Knott that’s the tough bit.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Appropriate given the title of this thread that the C and J exchange contained a couple of topically banterous words in 'rancid' and 'gammony'

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Appropriate given the title of this thread that the C and J exchange contained a couple of topically banterous words in 'rancid' and 'gammony'

He called my chum ‘a gammony old prick’. The bounder. :-(

SWv2
02-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Must say I did not get that.

Two feisty old boys going at each other all the same. Lively.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Oh I didn't see that. I'd blocked the little weasel by then.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Must say I did not get that.

Two feisty old boys going at each other all the same. Lively.

Who are you calling old?

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Post block, he was doubly ageist towards the broken old goat

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:53 PM
I would like to ask Sir C if he has received a telegram from Jack Frost yet

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Oh I didn't see that. I'd blocked the little weasel by then.

Which he doubtless knew.
He needs hamstringing for that. The cünt.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Burney "He called my chum ‘a gammony old prick’. The bounder. "

:-( VERY harsh
A curious delicacy which may well be served up the next time Ant and Dec present a Bushtucker Trial

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:56 PM

Just handbags surely? Unless they've actually met, I suppose, but even then..

Sir C
02-05-2019, 01:57 PM
I would like to ask Sir C if he has received a telegram from Jack Frost yet

They don't have telegrams any more, sod. You're living in 1977, your living room decorated like David O'Leary's in this week's centre spread.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Just handbags surely? Unless they've actually met, I suppose, but even then..

Well I’ve met j and I was much nastier to him than that.
But I have a mean streak a mile wide. Sir C doesn’t. He’s a lovely chap.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:00 PM
I never knew you were in the Guinness Book of Records, old bean

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:01 PM
Burney "Well I’ve met j and I was much nastier to him than that."

Does he talk in a cod Jamaican accent ?

Sir C
02-05-2019, 02:03 PM

You're awfully kind. It's true, I have mellowed significantly, it's true. When I look back, I used to be a proper nasty *******.

I suspect your mean streak is mainly a matter of bluster, to be honest. You're not the type to be truly unpleasant.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Yes, I seem to recall you mentioning you had two older female siblings.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Sir C "They don't have telegrams any more, viva. You're living in 1977, your living room decorated like David O'Leary's in this week's centre spread."

I've gone for the "Trevor Ross at his Winchmore Hill home" style of 2 foot deep shagpile with horse brasses nailed to the violet flock wallpaper

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Sir C "I suspect your mean streak is mainly a matter of bluster, to be honest. You're not the type to be truly unpleasant."

:nod:
I believe B's final ever words to Nic were "Now piss off"

Burney
02-05-2019, 02:09 PM
You're awfully kind. It's true, I have mellowed significantly, it's true. When I look back, I used to be a proper nasty *******.

I suspect your mean streak is mainly a matter of bluster, to be honest. You're not the type to be truly unpleasant.

Perhaps. But there’s a real joy - albeit fleeting - in being truly nasty, isn’t there?
I do sometimes wonder if it’s entirely normal to experience it.

Burney
02-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Yes, I seem to recall you mentioning you had two older female siblings.

So does Sir C, though. :shrug:

Sir C
02-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Perhaps. But there’s a real joy - albeit fleeting - in being truly nasty, isn’t there?
I do sometimes wonder if it’s entirely normal to experience it.

If you derive pleasure from being nasty you're a fúcking sicko. :shrug:

Burney
02-05-2019, 02:13 PM
If you derive pleasure from being nasty you're a fúcking sicko. :shrug:

Cold-bloodedly, yes. But I’m talking about in the moment when the blood is up. You feel ashamed afterwards, but it doesn’t alter the pleasure you took in it then.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 02:21 PM

There you are then..

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:24 PM
None of us are above contrition
I learnt this last night when Ashley Cole admitted to being a steadfast, headstrong cund when reevaluating 'that move'

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Oh? What did he say?

I learnt this last night when Ashley Cole admitted to being a steadfast, headstrong cund when reevaluating 'that move'

IUFG
02-05-2019, 02:32 PM

"Of course it hurt me because I knew it wasn't just my fault. I didn't leave for no reason. I didn't go to Arsene Wenger and say 'I want to leave'. There was more to it.

"It happens in football now, I've seen it happen to a lot of other players. It's life, I moved on, they moved on.

"I do feel sometimes a little bit sad because it was my club, I played there since I was nine. To have that ill-feeling from the fans, still, is hard sometimes."

About 5 grand a week, istr

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't remember his exact words but looking back he did see himself as being a bit too stubborn at the time, that the Arsenal fans opinion of him does hurt
No regrets ABOUT the move though (to further his career) - just the machinations and his attitude at the time

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:38 PM
His Combined Arsenal/Chelsea Xi contained
Cech (his best position)
One of theirs at RB
Sol and JT in the middle
Himself at LB

Vieira and Lamps in the middle of the park
Bobby P on one wing
Someone from Chels on the other

Drogba and Henry up front (Carra was positively spitting at Cole for elbowing Bergkamp for Drogba)

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 02:38 PM
"Of course it hurt me because I knew it wasn't just my fault. I didn't leave for no reason. I didn't go to Arsene Wenger and say 'I want to leave'. There was more to it.

"It happens in football now, I've seen it happen to a lot of other players. It's life, I moved on, they moved on.

"I do feel sometimes a little bit sad because it was my club, I played there since I was nine. To have that ill-feeling from the fans, still, is hard sometimes."

About 5 grand a week, istr

Fair enough. I always felt the not-being-made-captain would've injured him more than the money. #WengerOut

Sir C
02-05-2019, 02:40 PM
There you are then..

I beg your pardon?

SWv2
02-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Fair enough. I always felt the not-being-made-captain would've injured him more than the money. #WengerOut

I have never been fully on board the whole all out hatred for AC.

He was a magnificent footballer for us and while I expect he may be a horrible individual then I expect many others are also.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2019, 02:47 PM
"I was young, naive, stoopid...the way I acted ... I was a bit stubborn...I was a little bit hot-headed at the time..."