PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately a very fair result. Don't have the firepower as yet.

eastgermanautos
02-03-2019, 07:39 PM
And defense is not of a level to hold fast.

bbrian
02-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Fűck off you Kroenke loving tosser!

barrybueno
02-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Fűck off you Kroenke loving tosser!

ooh I say, Super Bowl LIII is gonna get pwopa nawty :fight:

Tony C
02-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Had to laugh...Josh Kroenke wanting Unai to be more like McVay and get us to the CL Final.

:clap:

bbrian
02-03-2019, 10:26 PM
ooh I say, Super Bowl LIII is gonna get pwopa nawty :fight:

Its a good thing the little whippersnapper is on the left coast baz , else id be dishing out a very nasty hiding now :fight:

eastgermanautos
02-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Its a good thing the little whippersnapper is on the left coast baz , else id be dishing out a very nasty hiding now :fight:

McVay did awesomely, it was just Goff who fvcked up. With that being said, his receivers had two shots at TDs with very catchable balls. Esp the second. Lastly, the Patriots benefit from all kinds of cheesy calls. Those holding calls which three times killed Rams drives.

I'm not saying the Patriots were not deserving winners, or that the Rams, had they not themselves benefited from a sh!t call, would not have even been there.

But dammit, it gets old. Six Superbowls. It's ridiculous.

bbrian
02-04-2019, 09:49 PM
McVay did awesomely, it was just Goff who fvcked up. With that being said, his receivers had two shots at TDs with very catchable balls. Esp the second. Lastly, the Patriots benefit from all kinds of cheesy calls. Those holding calls which three times killed Rams drives.

I'm not saying the Patriots were not deserving winners, or that the Rams, had they not themselves benefited from a sh!t call, would not have even been there.

But dammit, it gets old. Six Superbowls. It's ridiculous.

Wade Phillips did awesomely ....McVay was outcoached by the goat! The rams will hopefully now go the way of all the other teams the Pats tangle with . ...Seattle , Atlanta , Philly and Jacksonville . Win or lose against us the effort it takes ends teams .

I accept your non existent congrats btw

AFC East
02-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Wade Phillips did awesomely ....McVay was outcoached by the goat! The rams will hopefully now go the way of all the other teams the Pats tangle with . ...Seattle , Atlanta , Philly and Jacksonville . Win or lose against us the effort it takes ends teams .

They are ALL bitter. It was yet a new way for the boys to win. They've done it every which way. Peerless.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Disappointing, very. An Arsenal coach worth his badge ought to be able to go to Manchester City and get at least a 0-0 draw, no matter our patchy form.

Yes, we have issues but we seem to be preserving, perpetuating, emphasising them, rather than detracting from them and eradicating them. For example, yes, our centre backs are too slow. But the first rule of being a slow centre back is that you must never ever get caught out for your lack of pace. And that's a training ground issue, albeit not exactly a new one, before anyone says anything. Just what is going on out there?!

Monty92
02-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Disappointing, very. An Arsenal coach worth his badge ought to be able to go to Manchester City and get at least a 0-0 draw, no matter our patchy form.

Yes, we have issues but we seem to be preserving, perpetuating, emphasising them, rather than detracting from them and eradicating them. For example, yes, our centre backs are too slow. But the first rule of being a slow centre back is that you must never ever get caught out for your lack of pace. And that's a training ground issue, albeit not exactly a new one, before anyone says anything. Just what is going on out there?!

Slow centre backs in possession-oriented teams are always going to get into trouble on occasion. You can't control a game without playing a defensive line that, on occasion, compromises your defenders.

The problem is when you're a defender that's slow AND 'front-footed', like Mustafi. Sokratis, in contrast, knows his limits, as I think does Holding. And they defend accordingly.

What made Kosceilny world class was that he had that Keown-esque 'rash' like inclination to chase down attackers, but also had the pace to recover if he got himself into trouble.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Slow centre backs in possession-oriented teams are always going to get into trouble on occasion. You can't control a game without playing a defensive line that, on occasion, compromises your defenders.

The problem is when you're a defender that's slow AND 'front-footed', like Mustafi. Sokratis, in contrast, knows his limits, as I think does Holding. And they defend accordingly.

What made Kosceilny world class was that he had that Keown-esque 'rash' like inclination to chase down attackers, but also had the pace to recover if he got himself into trouble.

"Front-footed"; I like that.

Still, it's the manager's job to put it right, on the training ground, to ensure that it is not exposed so often. No players are perfect but you cannot allow the team to be scuppered by the shortcomings of its constituent individuals.

IUFG
02-05-2019, 10:44 AM

user @ThierryyHenry has a wonderful thread on Twitter 'showcasing' Mustafi :hehe:

as with Djourou, Squillachi, Silvestre, Caesar, etc . . . we are truly blessed to have him :rolleyes:

SWv2
02-05-2019, 11:20 AM
"Front-footed"; I like that.

Still, it's the manager's job to put it right, on the training ground, to ensure that it is not exposed so often. No players are perfect but you cannot allow the team to be scuppered by the shortcomings of its constituent individuals.

Monty doing his utmost there to come across like an effete Hebrew version of Jamie Carragher.

IUFG
02-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Monty doing his utmost there to come across like an effete Hebrew version of Jamie Carragher.

tbf to Carragher... the high-pitched, dolphin-clicking like Scouser was spot on about Mustafi the other day.

https://icdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/mustafi.jpg

Pokster
02-05-2019, 11:42 AM
tbf to Carragher... the high-pitched, dolphin-clicking like Scouser was spot on about Mustafi the other day.

https://icdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/mustafi.jpg

Sorry, in this case you are wrong! he stayed back to give a passing option, not exactly his fault Iwobi tried to dribble the ball where he did.... if he'd been level with Kos he'd have been in just a bad a position

IUFG
02-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Sorry, in this case you are wrong! he stayed back to give a passing option, not exactly his fault Iwobi tried to dribble the ball where he did.... if he'd been level with Kos he'd have been in just a bad a position

Shirley, the goalkeeper is the back pass option in that situation?

Not a defender who becomes the second player, thus playing almost the entire pitch onside.

SWv2
02-05-2019, 12:00 PM

Iwobi you say.

Bobble headed shít**** that he is.

IUFG
02-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Iwobi you say.

Bobble headed shít**** that he is.

that is a fair assessment there, sw :thumbup:

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 12:06 PM

Not a defender who becomes the second player, thus playing almost the entire pitch onside.

Right. Ordinarily, all you'll be wanting there is a hoof-it-up-the-pitch option. But if we're going to insist on passing it out from the back then this sort of silliness is practically unavoidable, as M says.

SWv2
02-05-2019, 12:06 PM
that is a fair assessment there, sw :thumbup:

I am a football coach you know.

:nod:

Speaking of which I introduced the concept of Offside to my U12 side last night in training. They all understood they informed me so we ran through a few scenarios without the ball and then went into a few drills.

I stopped after about 15 minutes and we agreed we would leave it for the night.

First league game on Saturday week.

I have sympathy for Emery.

Pokster
02-05-2019, 12:13 PM

They would have all been onside anyway as SL is playing them on... you give options to the player on the ball, you can't expect him to lose it their Clive

IUFG
02-05-2019, 12:21 PM
They would have all been onside anyway as SL is playing them on... you give options to the player on the ball, you can't expect him to lose it their Clive

Well, SL is a **** too.

And Iwobi.

Tony C
02-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Back 5 with a sweeper and still can’t sort it out

:-|

SWv2
02-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Well, SL is a **** too.

And Iwobi.

In a weird, almost perverse way you had to find a little bit of humour really in Iwobi’s part in the first goal.

I mean, none of us expected anything from the game, but to be 0-1 down within 38 seconds or whatever was just pure comedy gold.

:hehe:

IUFG
02-05-2019, 12:33 PM
In a weird, almost perverse way you had to find a little bit of humour really in Iwobi’s part in the first goal.

I mean, none of us expected anything from the game, but to be 0-1 down within 38 seconds or whatever was just pure comedy gold.

:hehe:

I was driving home from town when the goal went in. I turned off when we got away with a "stone wall pelanty" (Alan Green).

I did wonder what the score might be when I got home, 15 minutes later. Imagine my surprise...

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:15 PM
I am a football coach you know.

:nod:

Speaking of which I introduced the concept of Offside to my U12 side last night in training. They all understood they informed me so we ran through a few scenarios without the ball and then went into a few drills.

I stopped after about 15 minutes and we agreed we would leave it for the night.

First league game on Saturday week.

I have sympathy for Emery.

You probably sound like him too. Shirley you don't introduce "concepts" of anything to eleven year olds, do you?

SWv2
02-05-2019, 01:46 PM
You probably sound like him too. Shirley you don't introduce "concepts" of anything to eleven year olds, do you?

Of course you do.

"Right lads, we will be playing offside from Saturday week. Very important from an attacking and defensive perspective. Hands up who understands it?".

Cue 11 hands in the air.

My job is done.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Our backs must have about five hundred caps between them and they still haven't mastered it :-\

Of course you do.

"Right lads, we will be playing offside from Saturday week. Very important from an attacking and defensive perspective. Hands up who understands it?".

Cue 11 hands in the air.

My job is done.

IUFG
02-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Our backs must have about five hundred caps between them and they still haven't mastered it :-\

a picture speaks a . . .

https://d3vlf99qeg6bpx.cloudfront.net/content/uploads/2018/02/26101420/PA.35225600.jpg

eastgermanautos
02-05-2019, 06:10 PM

I think congratulations may be a bit beyond me at the moment. Grudging acknowledgement, yes, okay.