PDA

View Full Version : 37 years today since what's now only the 2nd most shameful episode in Aussie cricket

Burney
02-01-2019, 10:00 AM
history.*

Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=xpIkBTR2jao

*The first obviously being the time Michael Clarke, the Australian captain, cried like a girl in public just because someone died.

Oh, and there was that sandpaper incident, of course.

Tony C
02-01-2019, 10:14 AM
The Murali No Ball incident....shameful especially as he had just been cleared by the ICC.

Got to squeeze Warner crying after Sandgate. Loooool

Burney
02-01-2019, 10:21 AM
The Murali No Ball incident....shameful especially as he had just been cleared by the ICC.

Got to squeeze Warner crying after Sandgate. Loooool

I was on Hair's side there. Murali was a chucker. The fact they changed the laws specifically to accommodate his cheating didn't make him any less of a cheat. I discount his wickets in all-time lists.

Oddly enough, in all seriousness I find the underarm incident much more reprehensible than the sandpaper incident - despite the fact that it was legal and the sandpapering wasn't. I just feel that it's even more contrary to the spirit of the game than out-and-out cheating.

PSRB
02-01-2019, 11:07 AM
I was on Hair's side there. Murali was a chucker. The fact they changed the laws specifically to accommodate his cheating didn't make him any less of a cheat. I discount his wickets in all-time lists.

Oddly enough, in all seriousness I find the underarm incident much more reprehensible than the sandpaper incident - despite the fact that it was legal and the sandpapering wasn't. I just feel that it's even more contrary to the spirit of the game than out-and-out cheating.

:nod: Murali chucked