PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Yannick Carrasco will be joining Denis Suarez in London.

Rich
01-30-2019, 01:36 PM
How does he compare to Perisic? I must say I think it's a disappointing signing considering that I have heard of Perisic but have not heard of Carrasco.

IUFG
01-30-2019, 01:41 PM
How does he compare to Perisic? I must say I think it's a disappointing signing considering that I have heard of Perisic but have not heard of Carrasco.

Carrasco? Former Atletico Madrid winger?

Part of the Monaco team that tore us one at home a few years back? Scored a goal, no less.

You're spending way too much time at kiddie's discos, r

Rich
01-30-2019, 01:42 PM
Carrasco? Former Atletico Madrid winger?

Part of the Monaco team that tore us one at home a few years back? Scored a goal, no less.

You're spending way too much time at kiddie's discos, r

He has played for both of the teams you reference, yes. Whether or not he scored the goal you mention; I cannot be sure.

Tony C
01-30-2019, 01:46 PM
Carassco might be good business.

He was excellent for Atlético imo. Awesome winger.

So he decided to take the Chinese money. Big deal. Can you really blame him. Man got a family to look after imo

Not sure how these loan deals work at the end. Do we get first option at a previously agreed price?

If so then if Carassco works out then he could be a good flip in the summer to find other sales.

He’s got more resale value than the Croatia who feels more like a Missaterian type.

My only worry is can’t seem to get into the Spain squad even though they desperately need someone like him. Shame. Hopefully linking up with Unai and Juan Carlos will help him settle too.

SWv2
01-30-2019, 01:47 PM
He has played for both of the teams you reference, yes. Whether or not he scored the goal you mention; I cannot be sure.

25 year old Belgian international who played for Simeone in Madrid before taking the big money in China.

Now if we were signing a 25 year old Belgian international winger from Atleti, alas poor Jorge :-( then I suspect you would be wetting yourself.

Just go with it Dick.

Tony C
01-30-2019, 01:49 PM
https://youtu.be/ZTbnJlxwbKA

Carassco vs Arsenal edit

IUFG
01-30-2019, 01:49 PM

yes he did.

Ox lost the ball...
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-30-2019/Ph-9uj.gif

Rich
01-30-2019, 01:51 PM
yes he did.

Ox lost the ball...
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-30-2019/Ph-9uj.gif

A nice goal, indeed. Was it Almunia in goal? :-(

IUFG
01-30-2019, 01:53 PM
My only worry is can’t seem to get into the Spain squad even though they desperately need someone like him. Shame. Hopefully linking up with Unai and Juan Carlos will help him settle too.

25 year old Belgian international

:hehe: You knew that of course, T?

IUFG
01-30-2019, 01:55 PM
A nice goal, indeed. Was it Almunia in goal? :-(

I remember that match cos there was a cardboard cut out of Wenger in the (ahem) "matchday magazine"

tbf, they had a great squard.

Arsenal

13Ospina
39BellerinBooked at 74mins
4Mertesacker
6Koscielny
3Gibbs
34CoquelinBooked at 42mins

Substituted forOxlade-Chamberlainat 68'minutes
19Cazorla
Substituted forRosickyat 81'minutes
23Welbeck
11ÖzilBooked at 87mins
17Sánchez
12Giroud

Substituted forWalcottat 60'minutes

Substitutes

1Szczesny
5Gabriel
7Rosicky
14Walcott
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
18Monreal
21Chambers

Monaco

1Subasic
38Touré
13Fortuna dos Santos
5Abdennour
21EchiéjiléBooked at 45mins
7Dirar

Substituted forKurzawaat 82'minutes
2Fabinho
22Kondogbia
23Martial
Substituted forBernardo Silvaat 84'minutes
8João MoutinhoBooked at 90mins
9Berbatov

Substituted forFerreira-Carrascoat 75'minutes

Substitutes

3Kurzawa
12de Carvalho
15Bernardo Silva
16Stekelenburg
17Ferreira-Carrasco
25Traoré
34Diallo

Tony C
01-30-2019, 01:57 PM
:clap:

Lol I was fishing hard there lol

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2019, 02:27 PM
25 year old Belgian international who played for Simeone in Madrid before taking the big money in China.

Now if we were signing a 25 year old Belgian international winger from Atleti, alas poor Jorge :-( then I suspect you would be wetting yourself.

Just go with it Dick.

The China thing was a bit weird and not the normal money grabbing thing, I believe - wasn't get a game at Atletico so went to the club in China that is also owned by Atletico's management to game time on the pitch before the World Cup. Says he never saw it as a long-term thing

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2019, 02:28 PM
The China thing was a bit weird and not the normal money grabbing thing, I believe - wasn't get a game at Atletico so went to the club in China that is also owned by Atletico's management to game time on the pitch before the World Cup. Says he never saw it as a long-term thing
For the record I would have preferred Perisic

SWv2
01-30-2019, 02:36 PM
For the record I would have preferred Perisic

For the record I am happy with either.

I prefer the age profile of Carrasco obviously in terms of Perisic being another ageing player option however I am not sure if we are looking at quick solutions to May or longer term.

Take them all LA.

Dump the whole defence.

Rich
01-30-2019, 02:41 PM

So we have now progressed from signing Barca and Madrid cast offs to loaning people Althletico didn't want... The club continues to surprise me in sinking to ever lower depths.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2019, 02:44 PM
So we have now progressed from signing Barca and Madrid cast offs to loaning people Althletico didn't want... The club continues to surprise me in sinking to ever lower depths.

That would be Atletico who have been in two of the past five champions league finals :muppet:

Pokster
01-30-2019, 02:51 PM

But Dick, you have shown over and over again that you ahve the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to football, so what you think about our club (and how you think signing 2 players about to hit their prime si sinking to new depths) is really not important.

We could have signed Silvestre as defensive cover, now that would be sinking

Pokster
That would be Atletico who have been in two of the past five champions league finals :muppet:

la, he's a thick **** so don't be shocked

IUFG

never wrestle with a pig, la

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2019, 03:35 PM
never wrestle with a pig, la

Got to have some fun somewhere

Tony C
01-30-2019, 04:41 PM
Thoughts on the 2nd Test LA?

The worrying thing for me is the Windies seem to now have more than 1 match winner.

Also hidden by the Dowrich-Holder stand were a few decent batting performances.

They need DarrenBravo to come to the party though..would be helpful.

Had a look through their test results and although there are lot of series defeats they do pick up the odd win so it’s not totally inept like I originally thought.

2nil incoming me thinks.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Thoughts on the 2nd Test LA?

The worrying thing for me is the Windies seem to now have more than 1 match winner.

Also hidden by the Dowrich-Holder stand were a few decent batting performances.

They need DarrenBravo to come to the party though..would be helpful.

Had a look through their test results and although there are lot of series defeats they do pick up the odd win so it’s not totally inept like I originally thought.

2nil incoming me thinks.

Got to be a different England team turn up. We have to bat better. If it is a slow pitch I think we will struggle to get 20 wickets - need to bat first and score big and hope scoreboard pressure becomes a factor - or Broad has one of those spells. Normally we start badly and pull it back but can't say I am confident. Nice to see the Windies attack do so well though

AFC East
02-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Got to be a different England team turn up. We have to bat better. If it is a slow pitch I think we will struggle to get 20 wickets - need to bat first and score big and hope scoreboard pressure becomes a factor - or Broad has one of those spells. Normally we start badly and pull it back but can't say I am confident. Nice to see the Windies attack do so well though

This is panning out well. England may not get 10 wickets in this test, let alone 20 :-)