PDA

View Full Version : CricketWIMB

PSRB
01-24-2019, 04:24 PM
I do rather like the Windies tour, very handy for post work glass of wine watching.

Keaton Jennings :rolleyes: need to find a new, decent close in fielder

Burney
01-24-2019, 04:28 PM
I do rather like the Windies tour, very handy for post work glass of wine watching.

The last one we had turned out to have a dicky ticker. This one can't get it off the square against bowling that's faster than 70mph.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2019, 04:39 PM

Replace wine with beer and yes it's great isn't it. Be a good warm-up before the match tomorrow and then the FA has kindly put **** all games of any interest on over the weekend. Though it might be over before Saturday

Can't we just do the Windies Gus Logie thing - permanent 12th man on the pitch until they actually started picking him (there was a Pakistani one as well but I can't remember the name - and he wasn't even that good a fielder)

Rich
01-24-2019, 04:46 PM
Replace wine with beer and yes it's great isn't it. Be a good warm-up before the match tomorrow and then the FA has kindly put **** all games of any interest on over the weekend. Though it might be over before Saturday

Can't we just do the Windies Gus Logie thing - permanent 12th man on the pitch until they actually started picking him (there was a Pakistani one as well but I can't remember the name - and he wasn't even that good a fielder)

Think Archer will make his red ball debut for England this summer, LA?

Rich
01-24-2019, 04:49 PM
The last one we had turned out to have a dicky ticker. This one can't get it off the square against bowling that's faster than 70mph.

Rory Burns can f**k off too. I could have blocked that, ffs.

Surely there is a couple of Boers playing in County Cricket that fancy opening for England.

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2019, 04:54 PM
Think Archer will make his red ball debut for England this summer, LA?

*******s - just missed the Burns dismissal. Hard to say on Jofra - I think we'll need Broad against the Aussies, so with him, Anderson and Stokes not sure another strike bowler is needed (and I think Root is, um, rooted to the idea of two spinners.) Maybe give him a go against the Windies if he goes well in the World Cup

Rich
01-24-2019, 04:59 PM
*******s - just missed the Burns dismissal. Hard to say on Jofra - I think we'll need Broad against the Aussies, so with him, Anderson and Stokes not sure another strike bowler is needed (and I think Root is, um, rooted to the idea of two spinners.) Maybe give him a go against the Windies if he goes well in the World Cup

You think he'll play in the World Cup? If he comes in and is devastating then it will be hard to ignore him for The Ashes. Also, not sure how much reliance you want to put on an aging Anderson & Stokes (see him as a real impact bowler, but wouldn't want him bowling more than 12 overs flat out in an innings, ideally). Anderson, Broad, Archer, Stokes, Rashid, Ali looks a good bowling attack to me?

Burney
01-24-2019, 05:11 PM
*******s - just missed the burns dismissal. Hard to say on jofra - i think we'll need broad against the aussies, so with him, anderson and stokes not sure another strike bowler is needed (and i think root is, um, rooted to the idea of two spinners.) maybe give him a go against the windies if he goes well in the world cup

Calypso collapso!!!

PSRB
01-24-2019, 05:11 PM

Surely there is a couple of Boers playing in County Cricket that fancy opening for England.

Struggling with why Burns can't do it at this level, I thought he'd be excellent. Jason Roy next in line, whilst I like him, not sure he's a test opener

PSRB
01-24-2019, 05:12 PM
calypso collapso!!!

Got that in on Twitter last night

Burney
01-24-2019, 05:16 PM
Got that in on Twitter last night

I just said it to make Ash happy, tbh. :-)

And because we're collapsing, of course. Although I'm not sure it's still accurate to call us being four down for fùck all a collapse anymore. It's more our default mode, followed by the last six wickets scraping us towards respectability.

Burney
01-24-2019, 05:17 PM

I guess it's just not Burns' night. :shrug:

PSRB
01-24-2019, 05:19 PM
I just said it to make Ash happy, tbh. :-)

And because we're collapsing, of course. Although I'm not sure it's still accurate to call us being four down for fùck all a collapse anymore. It's more our default mode, followed by the last six wickets scraping us towards respectability.

I believe Jimmy did warn that we hadn't had enough prep for this series. Not sure how many more times we can get away the middle/lower order digging us out of the ****e

Burney
01-24-2019, 05:27 PM
I believe Jimmy did warn that we hadn't had enough prep for this series. Not sure how many more times we can get away the middle/lower order digging us out of the ****e

48-5 now. :yikes:

PSRB
01-24-2019, 05:29 PM
48-5 now. :yikes:

6 FFS, ****ing shambles

HomerJ
01-24-2019, 05:36 PM
7 now....Roach 5-13!

redgunamo
01-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Just seen the score. Presumably they've recalled Ambrose and Walsh without telling anyone? :homer:

6 FFS, ****ing shambles

Tony C
01-24-2019, 06:25 PM
Windies will be 51 all out imo

Tony C
01-24-2019, 06:29 PM
77 all out...off 30 overs

Should’ve treated it as a t20. Might have scored more

Luis Anaconda
01-24-2019, 06:36 PM
77 all out...off 30 overs

Should’ve treated it as a t20. Might have scored more
Good day to have a bet on Jennings as top scorer

Tony C
01-24-2019, 06:55 PM
Not being funny but I’d have stuck England in again.

Tony C
01-24-2019, 07:09 PM
From Cricinfo...100 all out might be enough for the Windies :clap:

What sort of pitch is this???

Tony C
01-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Calypso Collapso Part 2 incoming loooooool

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2019, 08:42 AM
I guess it's just not Burns' night. :shrug:

You're wasted on here, b :clap: