PDA

View Full Version : No matter how many times you do it, the way the US Immigration authorities insist on

Burney
01-24-2019, 10:14 AM
asking if you've ever engaged in acts of genocide never stops being funny.

'Well there was that one time...' :hehe:

Pokster
01-24-2019, 10:16 AM

Dexys Midnight Runners might struggle to answer that one.........

Burney
01-24-2019, 10:18 AM

:hehe: Took me a moment, but it was worth it, p.

Pokster
01-24-2019, 10:19 AM
:hehe: Took me a moment, but it was worth it, p.

Wasn't sure if that was a tumbleweed moment or not... but risked it

redgunamo
01-24-2019, 10:30 AM

That was actually more of a resurrection, or reanimation.

Ash
01-24-2019, 10:43 AM

Presumably those US personnel assisting the Clown Prince bin Salman in his attempted genocide in Yemen are exempt from this.

redgunamo
01-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Presumably those US personnel assisting the Clown Prince bin Salman in his attempted genocide in Yemen are exempt from this.

You've got them all wrong, A. Top lads, those.

The reason it's taking so long is precisely a direct consequence of trying to avoid civilian collateral damage. Damn silly idea, of course, but there it is :shrug:

Burney
01-24-2019, 11:01 AM

It's not really genocide, though, is it, a? It's a war against a Shi'ite minority trying to carve out an Iranian proxy state.

Burney
01-24-2019, 11:03 AM

The reason it's taking so long is precisely a direct consequence of trying to avoid civilian collateral damage. Damn silly idea, of course, but there it is :shrug:

:nod: As Jackie Fisher put it: "Moderation in war is imbecility."

Mind you, it was easy for him to say. He was an admiral. Not a lot of collateral casualties in the middle of the Atlantic.

Ash

Well, I suppose starving all the buggers to death is certainly a way of avoiding collateral damage to property. :thumbup:

Monty92
They once asked me if I’d ever been to Iraq or the Middle East.

I responded chirpily “well, I’ve been to Israel!”, assuming they’d put two and two together and work out that I’m a harmless Heebie rather than an evil Allan, but this only served to make them even more suspicious :-(

Burney
01-24-2019, 11:05 AM
Well, I suppose starving all the buggers to death is certainly a way of avoiding collateral damage to property. :thumbup:

Destroying off your enemy's ability to sustain its war effort is hardly a novel military tactic, a. :shrug:

Burney
01-24-2019, 11:06 AM
They once asked me if I’d ever been to Iraq or the Middle East.

I responded chirpily “well, I’ve been to Israel!”, assuming they’d put two and two together and work out that I’m a harmless Heebie rather than an evil Allan, but this only served to make them even more suspicious :-(

You are a bit brown, to be fair to them. And if you weren't clean-shaven, their suspicion is entirely understandable.

Ash
01-24-2019, 11:54 AM
Destroying off your enemy's ability to sustain its war effort is hardly a novel military tactic, a. :shrug:

Of course, it's just a good old-fashioned siege. Fine when our chums do it but if a rival does then he's the devil himself.

redgunamo
01-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Of course, it's just a good old-fashioned siege. Fine when our chums do it but if a rival does then he's the devil himself.

Nothing old-fashioned about it. Our Saudi cronies are taking suicidal risks in order to protect the non-combatant population. Which is presumably why nobody is talking about it much. #fakenews

We wouldn't do it, not like that :shrug:

Burney
01-24-2019, 12:53 PM
Nothing old-fashioned about it. Our Saudi cronies are taking suicidal risks in order to protect the non-combatant population. Which is presumably why nobody is talking about it much. #fakenews

Well, no, we wouldn't. We have a voting public at home that takes exception to large numbers of our chaps coming home in boxes in order to preserve the lives of rather dubious foreigners. Saudi has no such problems.

IUFG
01-24-2019, 01:04 PM
You are a bit brown, to be fair to them. And if you weren't clean-shaven, their suspicion is entirely understandable.

Looks like he might be a shoe-bomber :nod:

IUFG
01-24-2019, 01:04 PM

Do they still ask if you are a communist?

redgunamo
01-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Well, no, we wouldn't. We have a voting public at home that takes exception to large numbers of our chaps coming home in boxes in order to preserve the lives of rather dubious foreigners. Saudi has no such problems.

They're not committing suicide, they are merely taking suicidal risks. That's the point; they are behaving very well, not like A says.

Ash
01-24-2019, 01:09 PM

Right. Taking suicidal risks like bombing schools, hospitals, weddings and market places, and blockading Hodeida, lifeline to millions.

We seem to be on different planets on this one.

redgunamo
01-24-2019, 01:15 PM
Right. Taking suicidal risks like bombing schools, hospitals, weddings and market places, and blockading Hodeida, lifeline to millions.

We seem to be on different planets on this one.

It's true, war is hell. And war reporting is even worse :-\