PDA

View Full Version : Blimey, the aeroplane carrying Cardiff's new signing

Sir C
01-22-2019, 09:35 AM
appears to have gone into the channel en route to Wales.

If that had happened to us people would be blaming Wenger. For years to come there would be 'hysterical' snide remarks about aeroplanes and crashing into the sea, all aimed at undermining the dignity of our manager and our club.

cf '2 quid and a packet of salt and vinegar Discos'.

Oh my aching sides.

Burney
01-22-2019, 09:36 AM

If that had happened to us people would be blaming Wenger. For years to come there would be 'hysterical' snide remarks about aeroplanes and crashing into the sea, all aimed at undermining the dignity of our manager and our club.

Oh my aching sides.

A Bluebird who failed to make it over the the White Cliffs of Dover?

Burney
01-22-2019, 09:40 AM

Oh my aching sides.

Also, I think it was £1.37 and half a packet of Cheese & Onion Discos. But that's inflation for you, I suppose.

Sir C
01-22-2019, 09:40 AM
A Bluebird who failed to make it over the the White Cliffs of Dover?

It's nice, but one wonders whether we may refer to him as a Bluebird prior to his signing for the club. One assumes he hadn't passed a medical and signed a contract yet? Perhaps your jokette would be more accurate if you said, "A Bluebird (in spirit, if not yet in fact), who couldn't make it over the White Cliffs of Dover"?

You may be right, it may lose a little something... Comedy is hard, b. Mind you, Arsenal fans are the funniest individuals around. I mean, "Hahahaha he can't do up his zip!" There's a fúcking belter for you.

Pokster
01-22-2019, 09:43 AM
It's nice, but one wonders whether we may refer to him as a Bluebird prior to his signing for the club. One assumes he hadn't passed a medical and signed a contract yet? Perhaps your jokette would be more accurate if you said, "A Bluebird (in spirit, if not yet in fact), who couldn't make it over the White Cliffs of Dover"?

You may be right, it may lose a little something... Comedy is hard, b. Mind you, Arsenal fans are the funniest individuals around. I mean, "Hahahaha he can't do up his zip!" There's a fúcking belter for you.

Ity would be more accurate if the aeroplane was flying anywhere near Dover imo

Burney
01-22-2019, 09:44 AM

I wasn't really trying to produce a finely honed gag, tbf. It was very much off the cuff.

Anyway, this is the big aviation story of the day for me. Dirty, dirty bâstard. :-(

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/21/31-stone-man-moaned-in-pleasure-as-he-forced-air-stewardess-to-wipe-his-backside-8369823/

Monty92
01-22-2019, 09:45 AM

The zip thing was pretty ****ing funny, to be fair.

Senile French c*nt :-(

Burney
01-22-2019, 09:46 AM
The zip thing was pretty ****ing funny, to be fair.

Senile French c*nt :-(

The tie issue was always far more problematic for me. :-( The one good thing I have to say about the GDC is that he can at least tie a tie.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-22-2019, 09:52 AM

Oh my aching sides.

I’d like to think we wouldn’t stick our most expensive signing on a Piper Malibu to cross the channel.

Sir C
01-22-2019, 09:53 AM
I wasn't really trying to produce a finely honed gag, tbf. It was very much off the cuff.

Anyway, this is the big aviation story of the day for me. Dirty, dirty bâstard. :-(

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/21/31-stone-man-moaned-in-pleasure-as-he-forced-air-stewardess-to-wipe-his-backside-8369823/

That man should be put down like a rabid dog.

Sir C
01-22-2019, 09:54 AM
I’d like to think we wouldn’t stick our most expensive signing on a Piper Malibu to cross the channel.

Why? What's the problem with a Piper Malibu?

Burney
01-22-2019, 09:54 AM

Ironically, of course, they bought him because he was good in the air.

Burney
01-22-2019, 09:55 AM
That man should be put down like a rabid dog.

But why were they agreeing to do this in the first place? I'm pretty sure if I asked a stewardess to wipe my arse I'd rightly get told to fùck off.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-22-2019, 09:57 AM
Why? What's the problem with a Piper Malibu?

It doesn’t look the most luxurious way to travel, C.

Sir C
01-22-2019, 10:01 AM
It doesn’t look the most luxurious way to travel, C.

Much more comfortable than the average short haul airliner :shrug:

Sir C
01-22-2019, 10:02 AM
But why were they agreeing to do this in the first place? I'm pretty sure if I asked a stewardess to wipe my arse I'd rightly get told to fùck off.

Eva Air. Sweet young Chinee birds, innit?

Burney
01-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Eva Air. Sweet young Chinee birds, innit?

You almost sound envious. :sherlock:

Sir C
01-22-2019, 10:06 AM

I do have a penchant for a bit of sideways, as you know. Not so much for having my bottom wiped, though.

Tony C
01-22-2019, 10:08 AM
This can all be traced back to when they clamped down on Fat Shaming imo

As for the Cardiff lad...got a weird feeling this might be one for Columbo. The negotiations with Nantes weren’t exactly cordial. Maybe someone on their side wasn’t happy about it.

Monty92
01-22-2019, 10:09 AM

I lost sympathy when I got to the bit when they complain that they had to wipe his arse three times.

If you've agreed - however reluctantly - to wipe someone's arse, you can't then quibble about the number of wipes required. You wipe till there's no more shiiite, surely? And that's hardly the fault of the sh*tter.

Burney
01-22-2019, 10:10 AM
I lost sympathy when I got to the bit when they complain that they had to wipe his arse three times.

If you've agreed - however reluctantly - to wipe someone's arse, you can't then quibble about the number of wipes required. You wipe till there's no more shiiite, surely? And that's hardly the fault of the sh*tter.

True enough imo.

btw, it looks as though Neil Warnock beat us all to the bad taste joke punch.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1077202537156091905

Monty92
01-22-2019, 10:13 AM
I do have a penchant for a bit of sideways, as you know. Not so much for having my bottom wiped, though.

Surely it's only social norms and a sense of dignity that prevents us enjoying having our arses wiped as adults?

I mean, my son is perfectly capable of wiping his own, but he's in no rush to stop me doing it for him. And I can't say I blame him.

Rich
01-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Much more comfortable than the average short haul airliner :shrug:

Let me ask you this - would you prefer to cross the Channel in a Piper Malibu or a Gulfstream G550 like our boy Aubameyang did?

Burney
01-22-2019, 10:18 AM
Surely it's only social norms and a sense of dignity that prevents us enjoying having our arses wiped as adults?

I mean, my son is perfectly capable of wiping his own, but he's in no rush to stop me doing it for him. And I can't say I blame him.

The Monarch used always to have a Groom of the Stool whose job it was to wipe his arse. It was a much sought after position, since it meant you had - as well as other body parts - the King's ear.

Burney
01-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Let me ask you this - would you prefer to cross the Channel in a Piper Malibu or a Gulfstream G550 like our boy Aubameyang did?

Surely it's all about the G6? That's what rappers are always going on about anyway.

Sir C
01-22-2019, 10:20 AM

I wouldn't give a blind fiddler's fart either way. Why would I care? Dickhead.

SWv2
01-22-2019, 10:22 AM

I think this was an under rated comment.

Wd.

Sir C
01-22-2019, 10:27 AM

Oh well, if it's 'only' a sense of dignity, let's just chuck it away and display our shít-ridden ringpieces in public, why not?

Burney
01-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Oh well, if it's 'only' a sense of dignity, let's just chuck it away and display our shít-ridden ringpieces in public, why not?

Of course we wouldn't need to wipe our arses if we shât on all fours as nature intended. We also wouldn't get piles.

This whole 'standing erect' thing is a mixed blessing imo.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
01-22-2019, 10:38 AM
Bergkamp's got a smug smile nodding his head now i'd imagine.

Burney
01-22-2019, 10:41 AM
Bergkamp's got a smug smile nodding his head now i'd imagine.

It's not been a great season for Far Eastern-owned clubs in blue and aircraft imo.

barrybueno
01-22-2019, 12:43 PM

:hehe: Back of the net!

PSRB
01-23-2019, 09:56 AM

This was my first thought, also only 1 pilot, **** goes down then I'm fairly sure your £18m striker can't do much

Pat Vegas
01-23-2019, 09:59 AM
This was my first thought, also only 1 pilot, **** goes down then I'm fairly sure you're £18m striker can't do much

I heard a rumour they are floating about on a raft?

IUFG
01-23-2019, 10:30 AM
This was my first thought, also only 1 pilot, **** goes down then I'm fairly sure your £18m striker can't do much

Unless it's Ted Striker, of course....

https://a1cf74336522e87f135f-2f21ace9a6cf0052456644b80fa06d4f.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/images/characters/p-airplane-robert-hays.jpg

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2019, 10:31 AM
very good i, very good

IUFG
01-23-2019, 10:32 AM
very good i, very good

thank you, la

barrybueno
01-23-2019, 12:54 PM

https://a1cf74336522e87f135f-2f21ace9a6cf0052456644b80fa06d4f.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/images/characters/p-airplane-robert-hays.jpg

:clap: Over the English Channel?