PDA

View Full Version : Marc Overmars to come in and become our Technical Director :cloud9:

Rich
01-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Hopefully he brings De Jong and De Ligt with him :cloud9:

Burney
01-21-2019, 03:40 PM

Now I loved Overmars (I particularly loved the way he looked as though a heavy weight had been dropped on him and he'd been vertically compressed by about six inches), but I don't remember him being very technical.

Rich
01-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Now I loved Overmars (I particularly loved the way he looked as though a heavy weight had been dropped on him and he'd been vertically compressed by about six inches), but I don't remember him being very technical.

He could run really, really fast & reminded me slightly of Del Boy but with very greasy hair.

Ash
01-21-2019, 03:44 PM

Here he is after ordering the execution of Dennis Bergkamp.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1987-0313-507%2C_Rudolf_Hess.jpg

SWv2
01-21-2019, 03:46 PM

Rest easy B, he has the Rich seal of approval.

Tony C
01-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Des Walker still has nightmares about him and that night at Wembley imo

Brutal speed...

Burney
Rest easy B, he has the Rich seal of approval.

He used to just kick it behind the defender and then pump his wee legs at tremendous speed until he was in behind before shooting, didn't he? That's what I mostly remember, anyway. Marvellous, of course, but hardly 'technical'.

Burney
Here he is after ordering the execution of Dennis Bergkamp.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1987-0313-507%2C_Rudolf_Hess.jpg

Grand pair of eyebrow on him, there.

IUFG
01-21-2019, 03:52 PM
Now I loved Overmars

me too

:cloud9:

https://media.giphy.com/media/duaPwI4A6SArPPj8FQ/giphy.gif

Rich
01-21-2019, 03:53 PM
He used to just kick it behind the defender and then pump his wee legs at tremendous speed until he was in behind before shooting, didn't he? That's what I mostly remember, anyway. Marvellous, of course, but hardly 'technical'.

I must say that I'm not entirely au fait with the roles & responsibilities of a Technical Director. However, I am convinced that Marc will do a tremendous job of all he is asked to do by Raul (presumably he reports to Raul Sanhelli, anyway?).

Burney
01-21-2019, 03:54 PM
me too

:cloud9:

https://media.giphy.com/media/duaPwI4A6SArPPj8FQ/giphy.gif

Never let Sir C pronounce his name in foreign. It'll ruin it. 'Hoovermarge' or something it comes out as.

And I won't even tell you how he says Bergkamp should be pronounced. :-(

Burney
01-21-2019, 03:58 PM
I must say that I'm not entirely au fait with the roles & responsibilities of a Technical Director. However, I am convinced that Marc will do a tremendous job of all he is asked to do by Raul (presumably he reports to Raul Sanhelli, anyway?).

I don't really know who any of these people are, r. I had no idea this Maslinshat chap was even employed by us until he wasn't.

It seems to me we've had to employ about a dozen foreign types to replace one. :shrug:

Just Trent
01-21-2019, 03:59 PM

He’ll do well to negotiate a loan deal for those two.

IUFG
01-21-2019, 04:02 PM
Never let Sir C pronounce his name in foreign. It'll ruin it. 'Hoovermarge' or something it comes out as.

And I won't even tell you how he says Bergkamp should be pronounced. :-(

Berk[UNSPELLABLE]hamp, isn't it?

SWv2
01-21-2019, 04:02 PM

Dennis.

IUFG
01-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Dennis.

thank you, sw

Burney
01-21-2019, 04:05 PM

It sounded simply dreadful. As he said it it I thought from the awful noises coming out of him I was going to have to perform the Heimlich manoeuvre, but then I realised it was Dutchish and was actually meant to sound like that.

Just Trent
01-21-2019, 04:06 PM
I don't really know who any of these people are, r. I had no idea this Maslinshat chap was even employed by us until he wasn't.

It seems to me we've had to employ about a dozen foreign types to replace one. :shrug:

It always seemed odd that half the new staff Ivan Gazidis hired seemed to be from German football, and the rest from Spain. Always a lot of potential for a culture clash of ideas. It appears the Spanish lads have won the battle though. Which is a little disappointing. Clearly the Germans aren’t what they used to be.

SWv2
01-21-2019, 04:06 PM

Ultimately he is a scout in the footballing sense as opposed to the ‘hump a small boy in a tent on a weekend away’ type. A very good one based on a successful series of talent acquisitions at BVB over the past decade.

Very likely some rum ones also.

The club is in crisis and the world in a state of chassis because a scout is leaving the club.

Burney
01-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Ultimately he is a scout in the footballing sense as opposed to the ‘hump a small boy in a tent on a weekend away’ type. A very good one based on a successful series of talent acquisitions at BVB over the past decade.

The club is in crisis and the world in a state of chassis because a scout is leaving the club.

I've just looked up a picture of him and wouldn't put it past him to hump a small boy in a tent, sw.

He looks like a sexually-deviant General Custer.

SWv2
01-21-2019, 04:18 PM

I have football training later tonight, U12.

I shall ask our own Director of Football.

:-|

He actually introduced himself to me in this way.

Rich
01-21-2019, 04:24 PM

Does that make you the Technical Director, SW? Do you have a business card I could take?

SWv2
01-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Does that make you the Technical Director, SW? Do you have a business card I could take?

No no R. I act merely as team manager / coach and indeed man in charge of transfers. Flat structure at U12.

Burney
01-21-2019, 04:30 PM

If I were you, I'd keep a very close eye on that one, sw.

Burney
01-21-2019, 04:56 PM

Also,how odd that you should use the phrase 'a state of chassis' to describe the Arsenal atm. I hadn't heard it for years and then my dad used it on the phone to me in precisely the same context on Saturday.

SWv2
01-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Also,how odd that you should use the phrase 'a state of chassis' to describe the Arsenal atm. I hadn't heard it for years and then my dad used it on the phone to me in precisely the same context on Saturday.

There you go.

Two people who you look up to and respect for their wise and sage views of life and the world in general.

Burney
01-21-2019, 05:12 PM
There you go.

Two people who you look up to and respect for their wise and sage views of life and the world in general.

Yes. You are both Dubliners, though, so I suppose I shouldn't be entirely surprised.

Tony C
01-21-2019, 05:42 PM
The guy had the cushiest job in football.

Paid millions to watch YouTube scout videos for us :shrug:

Good luck to him at Bayern or wherever he’s off too.