PDA

View Full Version : Amidst the breathlessness of the media and hysteria of the twitterati,

Sir C
01-16-2019, 10:46 AM
as we live through these 'historic days' of absolute 'turmoil' and utter 'national crisis', it's heartening to note how very few fúcks the man on the Clapham omnibus actually gives as he goes about his daily business in the same quiet, steadfast manner in which he comports himself every day.

wd British hoi polloi. No tanks on the streets for us.

Burney
01-16-2019, 10:49 AM
as we live through these 'historic days' of absolute 'turmoil' and utter 'national crisis', it's heartening to note how very few fúcks the man on the Clapham omnibus actually gives as he goes about his daily business in the same quiet, steadfast manner in which he comports himself every day.

It's not the time for getting aereated just yet, tbh. Let's see what actually happens before we get angry about it.

Ash
01-16-2019, 10:52 AM

You were in Clapham today? My word!

Sir C
01-16-2019, 10:53 AM
It's not the time for getting aereated just yet, tbh. Let's see what actually happens before we get angry about it.

Oh life is far too short for anger, old chap. Consider the beauty of a spring dawn, the wonder of man's ingenuity, the song of the nightingale, the bit in Zulu with Michael Caine shouting, "Front rank fire!" Here is peace. Perfect peace.

Peter
01-16-2019, 10:54 AM

Is that a threat,b?

Sir C
01-16-2019, 10:55 AM
You were in Clapham today? My word!

Good Lord no, not literally Clapham. Mind you, I believe I heard that Clapham is on the way up, as it were? When I was a youth it was pretty much a dangerous ghetto.

7sisters
01-16-2019, 10:56 AM
Oh life is far too short for anger, old chap. Consider the beauty of a spring dawn, the wonder of man's ingenuity, the song of the nightingale, the bit in Zulu with Michael Caine shouting, "Front rank fire!" Here is peace. Perfect peace.

Blimey. Nightingales in Clapham.
What sort of utopia is this ?

Ash
01-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Good Lord no, not literally Clapham. Mind you, I believe I heard that Clapham is on the way up, as it were? When I was a youth it was pretty much a dangerous ghetto.

It certainly is. I think it's actually pronounced Clarf'm now. The area between Clapham and Wandsworth commons, known as 'Nappy Valley' is so terribly terribly that on the Northcote Road you can't even get a proper breakfast any more. Crushed avocados only, I'm afraid.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:02 AM

On the way up? The Northcote Road is basically Hampstead now.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:04 AM
It certainly is. I think it's actually pronounced Clarf'm now. The area between Clapham and Wandsworth commons, known as 'Nappy Valley' is so terribly terribly now that on the Northcote Road you can't even get a proper breakfast any more. Crushed avocados only, I'm afraid.

Yes. My sister bought a house on Mallinson Rd (just off Northcote Rd) in about 93 or 94. It wasn't especially cheap at the time, but it was peanuts compared to the seven figures she sold the cvnt for in 2012.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Is that a threat,b?

Not at all. Me telling you that we'll be stringing your sort up from lampposts e're long would be a threat. :-)

Sir C
01-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Blimey. Nightingales in Clapham.
What sort of utopia is this ?

If in Berkeley Square, why not in Clapham? Although I suppose the poor bird does run the risk of being stabbed.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:09 AM
If in Berkeley Square, why not in Clapham? Although I suppose the poor bird does run the risk of being stabbed.

Have you ever actually heard a Nightingale sing? It's really not all that.

PSRB
01-16-2019, 11:09 AM
Yes. My sister bought a house on Mallinson Rd (just off Northcote Rd) in about 93 or 94. It wasn't especially cheap at the time, but it was peanuts compared to the seven figures she sold the cvnt for in 2012.

Even Brixton, my ex-wife sold the flat for £650k+ and that was about 8 years ago.

and no I don't want to talk about how much I sold it to her for :cry:

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Even Brixton, my ex-wife sold the flat for £650k+ and that was about 8 years ago.

and no I don't want to talk about how much I sold it to her for :cry:

I feel your pain, psrb. Currently in the process of transferring the equity from my old place. All very amicable, but I'm accepting a valuation that is some way below market value because a/ I'd quite like to stop paying the mortgage thank you very much and b/ What else are you gonna do? Quibble? Squabble and end up giving most of it to the lawyers? :shrug: Such is life.

Peter
01-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Not at all. Me telling you that we'll be stringing your sort up from lampposts e're long would be a threat. :-)

You have to admit it is all rather funny.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:23 AM
You have to admit it is all rather funny.

Of course. Most things are when looked at dispassionately.

Also, I do find the liberation from party politics rather wonderful. I increasingly find myself genuinely not being able to tell purely from what they say which party MPs represent anymore.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 11:30 AM
I feel your pain, psrb. Currently in the process of transferring the equity from my old place. All very amicable, but I'm accepting a valuation that is some way below market value because a/ I'd quite like to stop paying the mortgage thank you very much and b/ What else are you gonna do? Quibble? Squabble and end up giving most of it to the lawyers? :shrug: Such is life.

wait until you get divorced, b.

that's where the real financial pain manifests... :cry:

Peter
01-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Of course. Most things are when looked at dispassionately.

Also, I do find the liberation from party politics rather wonderful. I increasingly find myself genuinely not being able to tell purely from what they say which party MPs represent anymore.

Vote of no confidence seems to be a waste of time. Conservatives and DUP all seem to be claiming they will back the government. Think Corbyn has ****ed this up a bit.

Sir C
01-16-2019, 11:31 AM
On the way up? The Northcote Road is basically Hampstead now.

This is no time for hyperbole, b.

Next you'll be telling me it's safe for a cracker to show his face on Railton Road. :hehe:

Sir C
01-16-2019, 11:32 AM

Should I mention here how I gave the whole fúcking thing away?

Sheesh.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 11:33 AM
Safe for a cracker ?
Is that a 3-2-1 clue ?

Sir C
01-16-2019, 11:33 AM
Have you ever actually heard a Nightingale sing? It's really not all that.

Well, given that I am regularly dragged from the wánking chariot at 3 a.m. to drive to wherever v's birding chums report nightingales singing at dawn, yes, yes I have certainly heard nightingales sing.

Sir C
01-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Vote of no confidence seems to be a waste of time. Conservatives and DUP all seem to be claiming they will back the government. Think Corbyn has ****ed this up a bit.

One could repeat this phrase all day and all night, like a sort of permanent mantra, and never, ever be wrong. :hehe:

Sir C
01-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Safe for a cracker ?
Is that a 3-2-1 clue ?

I wonder what happened to that freak. Ted, was it? Probably a páedofiddler.

Ash
01-16-2019, 11:37 AM

Next you'll be telling me it's safe for a cracker to show his face on Railton Road. :hehe:

Oh, there's a simply amazing organic farmers market at the Herne Hill end at the weekend. One can also let hours slip away perusing the antique stores and fabulous designer outlets there as well. You'd love it, darling.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 11:38 AM

Not quite reached there yet, but Coldharbour is getting a bit coffeeshop and tearooms nowadays

Peter
01-16-2019, 11:39 AM
One could repeat this phrase all day and all night, like a sort of permanent mantra, and never, ever be wrong. :hehe:

Well, yes. Perhaps I should have left that part out.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Speaking of the earthly omnibus. I was amused by the sight of the one with the "B0llocks To Brexit" slogan emblazoned on the side which kept gatecrashing the live news broadcasts
:hehe:

I reckon Fash was behind the wheel

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Sir C "I wonder what happened to that freak. Ted, was it? Probably a páedofiddler."

Ted Bench I think
He might have married someone less than half his age

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:45 AM

Sheesh.

You may have mentioned it once or twice. :rubchin:

Peter
01-16-2019, 11:48 AM
You may have mentioned it once or twice. :rubchin:

I am currently bing asked to so surrender all my equity, on pain of death (literally).

I'm saying absolutely nothing at the moment.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:48 AM
I wonder what happened to that freak. Ted, was it? Probably a páedofiddler.

Rogers. Ted Rogers. I had to say that to some complete strangers in the pub the other day because they were driving me mad trying to remember his name and they'd settled on Leslie Crowther. "LESLIE FVCKING CROWTHER DID THE PRICE IS RIGHT YOU CVNTS," I thought.
I actually said: "Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear and the chap you mean was Ted Rogers."

They looked at me as though I had two heads.

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:51 AM
I am currently bing asked to so surrender all my equity, on pain of death (literally).

I'm saying absolutely nothing at the moment.

On pain of death, you say? I mean I've had nasty lawyer's letters in my time, but I can't remember one ever having gone that far.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 11:52 AM
With a reaction such as theirs, I bet you wish you'd have said to them, word for word, your actual thought

Peter
01-16-2019, 11:55 AM
On pain of death, you say? I mean I've had nasty lawyer's letters in my time, but I can't remember one ever having gone that far.

I received three death threats this morning. Not from the lawyers, obviously.

I never expected her to be reasonable about this but death is going a bit far. she thinks I have life insurance and that if I die she. Gets the house. I dont have life insurance, we are not married, so if I die the house goes to my parents who wont give her a penny.

I'm almost tempted to kill myself just to spite her :)

Burney
01-16-2019, 11:59 AM
With a reaction such as theirs, I bet you wish you'd have said to them, word for word, your actual thought

Not really, s. I'm more irritated by the fact that I felt it necessary to say anything at all. I've got some sort of smartarse Tourette's that prevents me just saying nothing in that situation. :-(

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:00 PM
I received three death threats this morning. Not from the lawyers, obviously.

I never expected her to be reasonable about this but death is going a bit far. she thinks I have life insurance and that if I die she. Gets the house. I dont have life insurance, we are not married, so if I die the house goes to my parents who wont give her a penny.

I'm almost tempted to kill myself just to spite her :)

Gosh. Perhaps you should call your new-found chums at the cop shop?

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Gosh. Perhaps you should call your new-found chums at the cop shop?

I Considered it. she doesnt mean it.

she is just lashing out because I left. Agreeing a split when we sell the house is going to be hell because I intend to be fair whereas she wants to screw me out of every penny.

I've planned for this but its still very, very unpleasant.

SWv2
01-16-2019, 12:06 PM
I Considered it. she doesnt mean it.

she is just lashing out because I left. Agreeing a split when we sell the house is going to be hell because I intend to be fair whereas she wants to screw me out of every penny.

Sounds to me like you broke her heart.

For shame Pedro.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:07 PM

For shame Pedro.

She will tell you that, now. The fact is she gave me no choice, I had to leave.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:10 PM

Oh, you've only just started being violated, P.

And, they bear grudges.

For fúcking years...

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:10 PM
She will tell you that, now. The fact is she gave me no choice, I had to leave.

Fvckssake mate, the current one's turned you into a vegan. I don't know how much worse the old one could have been. :-(

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Oh, you've only just started being violated, P.

And, they bear grudges.

For fúcking years...

I know. she is a raving lunatic which is partly why I left. I am going to have to seriously consider emigration.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Fvckssake mate, the current one's turned you into a vegan. I don't know how much worse the old one could have been. :-(

Same one, b. There isnt a new one.

I left mid December.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Perhaps she deliberately scratched all his Springsteen LP's

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:16 PM
Same one, b. There isnt a new one.

I left mid December.

Oh, right. Sorry to hear that, old chap. I can't keep up with all your romantic comings and goings.

But other than that, nice Christmas?

PSRB
01-16-2019, 12:18 PM

Sheesh.

I got £20k......so more or less gave it away

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Oh, right. Sorry to hear that, old chap. I can't keep up with all your romantic comings and goings.

But other than that, nice Christmas?

My life has been absolute hell since October. When I finally escaped it started getting better, slowly.

Problem is, she is still in my house. She cant afford to support herself so we have to sell it. I just have to wait for her to accept this. I may end up having to evict her as it is actually my house.

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
My life has been absolute hell since October. When I finally escaped it started getting better, slowly.

Problem is, she is still in my house. She cant afford to support herself so we have to sell it. I just have to wait for her to accept this. I may end up having to evict her as it is actually my house.

So where are you living at the moment?

Also, can you not wait until she goes out for work or whatever, nip in, change the locks and if she kicks up a fuss, get the police to drag her away, citing her death threats as reason for you demanding an exclusion order against her? Rip the plaster off quickly imo.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:25 PM

Did she make any financial contributions to the house? Rent, board, etc? Contribute towards any adaptations to the building?

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:25 PM
So where are you living at the moment?

Also, can you not wait until she goes out for work or whatever, nip in, change the locks and if she kicks up a fuss, get the police to drag her away, citing her death threats as reason for you demanding an exclusion order against her? Rip the plaster off quickly imo.

I rented a flat in chelmsford. Nice place actually. Left her with enough money to survive for at least three months while she finds an income. She hasnt worked in years, I've been supporting her. This is why she has gone potty about me leaving.

I could do what you suggest. I really dont want it to come to that even though, by any objective measure, she ****ing deserves it.

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Did she make any financial contributions to the house? Rent, board, etc? Contribute towards any adaptations to the building?

It sounds like she turned it into an absolute hellhole. Does that count?

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:26 PM

She hasnt earned or contributed a penny to anything in at least 5 years.

Her mother contributed towards the deposit when we bought the place six years ago.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:28 PM
It sounds like she turned it into an absolute hellhole. Does that count?

probably not, b. As long as her name is nowhere near the deeds, P will be safe as, er, houses.

And, P, I'd get in there whilst she's out and get a load of bacon under the grill...

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:28 PM
She hasnt earned or contributed a penny to anything in at least 5 years.

Her mother contributed towards the deposit when we bought the place six years ago.

Crikey, is the, sort of, MiL dead yet?

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:29 PM
I rented a flat in chelmsford. Nice place actually. Left her with enough money to survive for at least three months while she finds an income. She hasnt worked in years, I've been supporting her. This is why she has gone potty about me leaving.

I could do what you suggest. I really dont want it to come to that even though, by any objective measure, she ****ing deserves it.

Being entirely serious now, in my experience of this sort of person (which is more extensive than I'd like due to my wife's ex being an actual, full-blown psychopath), you're best off going in hard and early. If the law is on your side, use it to its fullest extent. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:29 PM
probably not, b. As long as her name is nowhere near the deeds, P will be safe as, er, houses.

And, P, I'd get in there whilst she's out and get a load of bacon under the grill...

Everything is in my name and she had to sing a form when we remortgaged waiving all claim to the house.

Despite all this, I would happily give her half of everything. She wants all of it. Of course she does :(

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Being entirely serious now, in my experience of this sort of person (which is more extensive than I'd like due to my wife's ex being an actual, full-blown psychopath), you're best of going in hard and early. If the law is on your side, use it to its fullest extent. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.

this is ound advice, p...

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:31 PM
Being entirely serious now, in my experience of this sort of person (which is more extensive than I'd like due to my wife's ex being an actual, full-blown psychopath), you're best off going in hard and early. If the law is on your side, use it to its fullest extent. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.

Its not easy, b. she has moved on to suicide threats now. I have a genuine fear, on some level, that she might actually do it.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:33 PM
this is ound advice, p...

I know.

She is threatening to paint me out as a wife beater. I suppose I am just going to have to face it and accept that there is no peaceful resolution to this.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Crikey, is the, sort of, MiL dead yet?

No, she isnt. She is actually a voice of reason.

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Its not easy, b. she has moved on to suicide threats now. I have a genuine fear, on some level, that she might actually do it.

Yes. They do that. It's called manipulation.

Honestly, I can tell you this. Every act of kindness, compassion or human decency on your part will be seized upon and exploited to this person's advantage. You are doing what you think is right because you have a moral code and want to do the right thing, etc, etc.

She doesn't care about any of that. All she sees in those actions on your part is weakness and opportunity.

I know how harsh this sounds, but I've seen all this play out. The next step will be spurious claims of criminal acts against her.

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:45 PM
I know.

She is threatening to paint me out as a wife beater. I suppose I am just going to have to face it and accept that there is no peaceful resolution to this.

Oh. I see we're already at that stage. It's all terribly familiar I'm sorry to say. :-(

It'll be sexual assault next.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Yes. They do that. It's called manipulation.

Honestly, I can tell you this. Every act of kindness, compassion or human decency on your part will be seized upon and exploited to this person's advantage. You are doing what you think is right because you have a moral code and want to do the right thing, etc, etc.

She doesn't care about any of that. All she sees in those actions on your part is weakness and opportunity.

I know how harsh this sounds, but I've seen all this play out. The next step will be spurious claims of criminal acts against her.

You are 100% right about all of this. I've been trying to one kind and help her out with stuff but she does exactly what you describe. Sees it as a weakness to exploit.

I have definitive proof of a crime on her part, one which would destroy her. I wont share it with anyone unless I have to. Its a last resort.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:54 PM
No, she isnt. She is actually a voice of reason.

She might be the only one with a claim to get her deposit share back...

tread cautiously here and keep the MiL onside :thumbup:

PSRB
01-16-2019, 12:55 PM
You are 100% right about all of this. I've been trying to one kind and help her out with stuff but she does exactly what you describe. Sees it as a weakness to exploit.

I have definitive proof of a crime on her part, one which would destroy her. I wont share it with anyone unless I have to. Its a last resort.

:nod: Always keep something in your back pocket

IUFG
01-16-2019, 12:56 PM

You are not, and never will be, responsible for her actions, p.

Burney
01-16-2019, 12:56 PM

I won't bang on about it, but I really cannot emphasise enough that you need to act quickly, harshly and decisively in this. The longer it goes on, the more of a foothold she gets and the more emboldened and vicious she will get. It sounds to me like she's still in the raging stage. That can be a bit scary but it's better than the calculating, manipulative stage, believe me. Act now.

Peter
01-16-2019, 12:58 PM
She might be the only one with a claim to get her deposit share back...

tread cautiously here and keep the MiL onside :thumbup:

My logic is that as we bought it together and have lived their together the house is ours, rather than mine. Had we got married (I refused) it would be half hers so I think she is entitled to the same rights as though we were married- given that it was me that didnt want to get married.

I am sticking with that.

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:00 PM
I won't bang on about it, but I really cannot emphasise enough that you need to act quickly, harshly and decisively in this. The longer it goes on, the more of a foothold she gets and the more emboldened and vicious she will get. It sounds to me like she's still in the raging stage. That can be a bit scary but it's better than the calculating, manipulative stage, believe me. Act now.

she doesnt have a stage other than rage, b. she is incapable of calculation, she is just too damn angry.

I can guarantee you this- you have never known anyone like her. she is off the charts loony.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 01:01 PM
My logic is that as we bought it together and have lived their together the house is ours, rather than mine. Had we got married (I refused) it would be half hers so I think she is entitled to the same rights as though we were married- given that it was me that didnt want to get married.

I am sticking with that.

Joints tenants or tenants in common require both names to be on the deeds.
If her name isn't on the deeds and you are not married and don't have kids together, she is king-sized, fúcked on making a claim for a percentage of the house.

Your MiL, if she can demonstrate, directly, a link of cash given for a deposit on the house on her behalf, she may have a claim for that.

I'd use the offer of giving her share of the deposit back on sale of the house as an incentive to get this over quickly.

Then fúck her out of the window for ever.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Given there are no official ties, would you really be happy to allow her an undeserved half share of the house ?
Your chivalrous logic, although (if I may say so) possibly unwarranted given the behavioral patterns of the third party, does you proud

Burney
01-16-2019, 01:11 PM
she doesnt have a stage other than rage, b. she is incapable of calculation, she is just too damn angry.

I can guarantee you this- you have never known anyone like her. she is off the charts loony.

All the more reason to get it sorted ASAFP.

One word of advice, do not get into bargaining. I remember the wife's ex campaigning for ages to be allowed back into the house when we weren't there to take his old stuff (this despite the entire contents of the house having been granted to my wife). We obviously weren't having that and offered to drop off a bunch of stuff if he provided a list. In classic style, he used this perceived weakness to conduct a campaign of harassment for months. Eventually I got sick of it and just dumped his crap outside his house when it was raining. His 'priceless' collection of vintage Chelsea programmes was absolutely fvcked. :hehe:

I spent that evening talking to a policeman he'd convinced I'd committed criminal damage. It was only because we were able to produce the document proving the court had granted ownership of the house's contents to my wife that I didn't end up getting nicked.

This is the sort of sh1t they do when you try and bargain with them. They use it as an opportunity to make your life hell.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Given there are no official ties, would you really be happy to allow her an undeserved half share of the house ?
Your chivalrous logic, although (if I may say so) possibly unwarranted given the behavioral patterns of the third party, does you proud

yes, agreed.

But when he looks back on the whole sorry episode in a couple of years+, he'll be crying into his light ale about what an idiot he was to give half his estate to a batshít mentalist who shared, only a relatively short, period of their lives together.

A small sum to make sure she is safe for the next 90 days is all that he really needs to do.

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:14 PM
All the more reason to get it sorted ASAFP.

One word of advice, do not get into bargaining. I remember the wife's ex campaigning for ages to be allowed back into the house when we weren't there to take his old stuff (this despite the entire contents of the house having been granted to my wife). We obviously weren't having that and offered to drop off a bunch of stuff if he provided a list. In classic style, he used this perceived weakness to conduct a campaign of harassment for months. Eventually I got sick of it and just dumped his crap outside his house when it was raining. His 'priceless' collection of vintage Chelsea programmes was absolutely fvcked. :hehe:

I spent that evening talking to a policeman he'd convinced I'd committed criminal damage. It was only because we were able to produce the document proving the court had granted ownership of the house's contents to my wife that I didn't end up getting nicked.

This is the sort of sh1t they do when you try and bargain with them. They use it as an opportunity to make your life hell.

Well, yeah, you cant talk to her at all. Its a waste of time.

she can have half he house. No other conversation is going to take place.

Burney
01-16-2019, 01:14 PM
yes, agreed.

But when he looks back on the whole sorry episode in a couple of years+, he'll be crying into his light ale about what an idiot he was to give half his estate to a batshít mentalist who shared, only a relatively short, period of their lives together.

A small sum to make sure she is safe for the next 90 days is all that he really needs to do.

It really isn't a good idea. Currently, she's rat poor, which limits her capacity for mental acts of vengeance severely. Give her several thousand pounds she doesn't deserve and who knows what sort of mayhem she'll conjure up?

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:16 PM
yes, agreed.

I wont regret it for a second, trust me. We have been together for 12 years and I would regret shafting her out of her half.

Whether she deserves it or not (she doesnt) I promised it from the start and asked her to trust me. Going back on that now is not something I could live with. It would be a spiteful act because of her behaviour. I will be spiteful in other respects but not money.

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:17 PM
It really isn't a good idea. Currently, she's rat poor, which limits her capacity for mental acts of vengeance severely. Give her several thousand pounds she doesn't deserve and who knows what sort of mayhem she'll conjure up?

I gave her 3 grand which she still has. Its all bull****, she is hopeless. she is talking about turning up at my work today. I know there is no way she is going to do that. She cant be arsed.

Burney
01-16-2019, 01:19 PM
I gave her 3 grand which she still has. Its all bull****, she is hopeless. she is talking about turning up at my work today. I know there is no way she is going to do that. She cant be arsed.

No, but the threat is the point. My wife's ex was constantly threatening to call her boss and tell him how awful she was so that he'd sack her. It was a stupid, empty threat,but it worked in so far as it kept her awake nights.
It keeps you constantly on edge and worried and unhappy. That's the aim.

Has she started phoning your relatives and crying to them about how awful you are, yet? That's another one.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 01:20 PM
I wont regret it for a second, trust me. We have been together for 12 years and I would regret shafting her out of her half.

Whether she deserves it or not (she doesnt) I promised it from the start and asked her to trust me. Going back on that now is not something I could live with. It would be a spiteful act because of her behaviour. I will be spiteful in other respects but not money.

That's very noble, P, with respect, foolhardy, but noble.

What was the reason you refused to get married? IYDMMA

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:24 PM
That's very noble, P, with respect, foolhardy, but noble.

What was the reason you refused to get married? IYDMMA

We hated each other :(

I wasnt going to marry someone who threatened to leave me every day.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 01:25 PM
We hated each other :(

I wasnt going to marry someone who threatened to leave me every day.

Fúck me. How long did you put up with this?

Don't say "12 years" :hehe:

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Fúck me. How long did you put up with this?

Don't say "12 years" :hehe:

It didnt use to be this bad, and it never lasted long. Five minutes later she'd smile and laugh and apologise.

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:28 PM
No, but the threat is the point. My wife's ex was constantly threatening to call her boss and tell him how awful she was so that he'd sack her. It was a stupid, empty threat,but it worked in so far as it kept her awake nights.
It keeps you constantly on edge and worried and unhappy. That's the aim.

Has she started phoning your relatives and crying to them about how awful you are, yet? That's another one.

she has threatened to ring my mum but doesnt have her number. My mum would tell her to **** right off anyway, no problem there.

Work know all about it and security have been warned. My bosses know all about it and are expecting horrible emails etc

I am not overly concerned about that. Its embarrassing but inevitable.

IUFG
01-16-2019, 01:29 PM
It didnt use to be this bad, and it never lasted long. Five minutes later she'd smile and laugh and apologise.

Fruitcake.

Her, not you.

As an outsider listening in, as b said, her behaviour all sounds very manipulative. :-(

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:30 PM
Fruitcake.

Her, not you.

As an outsider listening in, as b said, her behaviour all sounds very manipulative. :-(

Oh, yeah. No question. You dont know the half of it.

What she was doing from October onwards just utterly stunned me. I still cant quite believe it but I put up with it because I had my escape plan and had to wait for the remortgage money to come through.

Burney
01-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Oh, yeah. No question. You dont know the half of it.

What she was doing from October onwards just utterly stunned me. I still cant quite believe it but I put up with it because I had my escape plan and had to wait for the remortgage money to come through.

Was she violent?

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Was she violent?

Not physically but she would scream in my face, spit at me, smash things up. That's been the case for a while. Her specialism is verbal abuse- she will say things to you that youcant quite believe you've just heard. THe most unbelievably awful things.

Sir C
01-16-2019, 01:43 PM
Not physically but she would scream in my face, spit at me, smash things up. That's been the case for a while. Her specialism is verbal abuse- she will say things to you that youcant quite believe you've just heard. THe most unbelievably awful things.

A lady once wrote me a letter which started, "Dear ****, I hope you get cancer."

Monty's sister, maybe.

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:46 PM
A lady once wrote me a letter which started, "Dear ****, I hope you get cancer."

Monty's sister, maybe.

Its a strong opening but it doesn't leave her anywhere to go does it......

I was labelled a 'privileged white boy' this morning. She has got it in her head that my parents are rich....I am not really sure why she keeps calling me white but I am sure she has a ludicrous explanation. :)

Burney
01-16-2019, 01:47 PM

Monty's sister, maybe.

Ah, the good old days when you actually had to go to the trouble of buying a stamp and walking to the post box in order to spew bile at people. Better times.

barrybueno
01-16-2019, 01:47 PM

Monty's sister, maybe.

Another satisfied customer maybe? She could have just returned the motor imo

Burney
01-16-2019, 01:48 PM
Its a strong opening but it doesn't leave her anywhere to go does it......

I was labelled a 'privileged white boy' this morning. She has got it in her head that my parents are rich....I am not really sure why she keeps calling me white but I am sure she has a ludicrous explanation. :)

Are you not white, p?

Anyway, calling people white and privileged and male is considered an insult these days. Sounds like a compliment to me, but there we are. :shrug:

Peter
01-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Are you not white, p?

Anyway, calling people white and privileged and male is considered an insult these days. Sounds like a compliment to me, but there we are. :shrug:

I am white but so is she. It just appears to be a strange insult for her to hurl.

redgunamo
01-16-2019, 02:03 PM
Are you not white, p?

Indeed. Especially if it's true.

Young P here is a lefty though; they never know whether they're coming or going, that sort. Blame the parents.

redgunamo
01-16-2019, 02:05 PM
I am white but so is she. It just appears to be a strange insult for her to hurl.

Maybe you need to see VDH's latest missives? Although, I must say, I thought you'd be well up on all this sort of thing, in any case.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Burney "Ah, the good old days when you actually had to go to the trouble of buying a stamp and walking to the post box in order to spew bile at people. Better times."

RIP the green biro

Peter
01-16-2019, 02:07 PM
Maybe you need to see VDH's latest missives? Although, I must say, I thought you'd be well up on all this sort of thing, in any case.

I believe her argument is that she is jewish, which is more or less black. Certainly less white than me.

redgunamo
01-16-2019, 02:10 PM

For shame Pedro.

Right. Rule #1: Never invite a dolly into your home unless you are prepared for her to remain there forever. This is true no matter how many hounds and hunting rifles you have.

redgunamo
01-16-2019, 02:14 PM
I believe her argument is that she is jewish, which is more or less black. Certainly less white than me.

I understand their refusal to play the victim, unlike blacks, for instance, actually makes them even *more* white than you :-)