PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea are going to eviscerate us and feast upon our steaming bowels.

Sir C
01-15-2019, 12:13 PM
Thank God Cesc isn't there to join in the ritual disembowelling.

SWv2
01-15-2019, 12:17 PM

It is more United the week after and then City two weeks after that which concerns me.

Sir C
01-15-2019, 12:18 PM
It is more United the week after and then City two weeks after that which concerns me.

We're going to lose all three, or I'm a Dutchman.

IUFG
01-15-2019, 12:20 PM

You are a Dutcher, sc.

Therefore, you is talking gobbledibóllocks

Pat Vegas
01-15-2019, 12:22 PM

ik heb uitslag

SWv2
01-15-2019, 12:28 PM

I actually tend to agree with you and unlike you I am generally known for my positive outlook on life and indeed football.

Tony C
01-15-2019, 12:41 PM
Unai is nobody’s fool imo

He’s been strategically resting and bringing players along cautiously knowing a big 2nd half of the season was necessary.

Bellend, Mavrapanos, Monreal, Torrerira, Willock and Sako will lead us to victory imo

You don’t win 3 straight Europa Leagues by running your players into the ground through November and December imo

AFC East
01-15-2019, 12:50 PM
You don’t win 3 straight Europa Leagues by running your players into the ground through November and December imo

You win it by giving up on the league nice and early.

WES
01-15-2019, 12:53 PM
You win it by giving up on the league nice and early.

Surprising that we never won it under Wenger then. :-)

Burney
01-15-2019, 01:10 PM

Eww! Chitlins? Andouillettes?

No, nobody wants to eat bowels.

Burney
01-15-2019, 01:29 PM

I’d actually give the GDC some credit if he leaves us outside the UEFA Cup places. I loathe European football,

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Eww! Chitlins? Andouillettes?

No, nobody wants to eat bowels.

We're cooking 5A andouilllettes with roquefort sauce tonight, with gratin daupinoise after a dozen snails each as a starter.

But I am in the 4e of Paris sleeping on a mate's sofa atm. View of Ile St Louis from the window.

The manifestation was great on saturday, btw. The CRS kept firing tear gas at us, but we refused to respond with violence. It felt more like a Teknival/free festival/old Glastobury than a riot.

Well, other than the tear gas clusterbombs being launched at you every 5 mins.

So nice of 3 different Gilets Jaunes to pull out bottles of eye drops and administer them to me when they saw I was in trouble.

So Andouillettes and peaceful, festival style protest IN. The Ozil and Rambo wasting Dago OUT.

AW, Titi, PV4 and Bobby P all munched andouillettes. Dick Emery doesn't. I rest my case.

Burney
01-15-2019, 03:43 PM
We're cooking 5A andouilllettes with roquefort sauce tonight, with gratin daupinoise after a dozen snails each as a starter.

But I am in the 4e of Paris sleeping on a mate's sofa atm. View of Ile St Louis from the window.

The manifestation was great on saturday, btw. The CRS kept firing tear gas at us, but we refused to respond with violence. It felt more like a Teknival/free festival/old Glastobury than a riot.

So nice of 3 different Gilets Jaunes to pull out bottles of eye drops and administer them to me when they saw I was in trouble.

So Andouillettes and peaceful, festival style protest IN. The Ozil and Rambo wasting Dago OUT.

AW, Titi, PV4 and Bobby P all munched andouillettes. Dick Emery doesn't. I rest my case.

The Roquefort sauce should give you a decent chance of masking the overwhelming reek of dung emanating from the andouillettes, I suppose.
Bonne chance, mes braves! :thumbup:

Sir C
01-15-2019, 03:46 PM

At least it's not the salade de gesiers.

The salade de gesiers can bite me.

01-15-2019, 03:52 PM
The Roquefort sauce should give you a decent chance of masking the overwhelming reek of dung emanating from the andouillettes, I suppose.
Bonne chance, mes braves! :thumbup:

Merci, mon pote.

Every other time I've cooked it with mustard sauce. Just normal Dijon, though I've had a l'anncienne when out. {Also had one with that French gin Genieve at Lille.}

But my mate - who loves my roquefort sauce on the steaks - says they go great with andouillette too, so we're having that tonight.

He's eating less beef since I took him to India for the first time this summer. Still, got him to have some carpaccio after the riot and have now talked him into getting a cote de boeuf at some point.

01-15-2019, 03:55 PM
At least it's not the salade de gesiers.

The salade de gesiers can bite me.

Ooooh, speaking of the Sud-Ouest.

Our female Toulouse based DJ mate was up in Paris last summer, so we got and cooked 4 confits de canard.

She told us her 99 year old granny always makes sautéd spuds the next day in the confit fat. Did them in a wok as we had tons of fat left.

Best fried spuds I've ever eaten.

Sir C
01-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Ooooh, speaking of the Sud-Ouest.

Our female Toulouse based DJ mate was up in Paris last summer, so we got and cooked 4 confits de canard.

She told us her 99 year old granny always makes sautéd spuds the next day in the confit fat. Did them in a wok as we had tons of fat left.

Best fried spuds I've ever eaten.

Oh yes. I always feel that a confit de canard should be accompanied by duck fat chips. The floppy, greasy kind of duck fat chips :cloud9:

01-15-2019, 05:01 PM
Oh yes. I always feel that a confit de canard should be accompanied by duck fat chips. The floppy, greasy kind of duck fat chips :cloud9:

Yeah, but what I can't work out is how to do at the same time. The 99 year old granny is convinced you save the fat from the confit and then use later.

And ftr, I've often done duck or goose fat roast spuds, but I wanted my missus to try the duck fat sautés we'd done in Paris.

So when staying with said DJ down in Toulose for Fête de la Musique, I bought a jar of proper, S-Western duck fat.

Tried to make the spuds back home and while nice they were shîte compared to the confit left-over fat ones we made in Paris.

I'm not very good at biology or the mechanics of cooking, but using the confit stuff in the bottom of the oven dish is totlly different to using a jar of duck or goose fat.

Well, it was for us anyway.

The Insider
01-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Without sounding like a pretentious ****, I have always wanted to try the local delicacy in whatever country I have found myself. Hence as a raw tweenager I asked for Andouilettes at a very local restaurant in Vance. Well **** me, they looked, smelt and tasted like merde. I tried offloading them on the omni-present dog of said Auberge and even it refused to even sniff them.

And don't even get me started on teh thousand year eggs that I had in Beijing....

Sir C
01-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Without sounding like a pretentious ****, I have always wanted to try the local delicacy in whatever country I have found myself. Hence as a raw tweenager I asked for Andouilettes at a very local restaurant in Vance. Well **** me, they looked, smelt and tasted like merde. I tried offloading them on the omni-present dog of said Auberge and even it refused to even sniff them.

And don't even get me started on teh thousand year eggs that I had in Beijing....

Christ yes, local delicacies are often utterly repulsive. The fried tarantulas of Cambodia spring to mind.

Not good.

AFC East
01-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Surprising that we never won it under Wenger then. :-)

We only qualified once. I suspect Emery will have as many chances as the board allow him.

eastgermanautos
01-16-2019, 07:46 AM

However much I may approve of your revolutionary efforts -- and I do; so much so that I may be coming to France myself soon -- I cannot agree with your assessment of Emery. Emery is smashing, and while it's inevitable that there was going to be some slipping back, he'll get there. Need to purge the squad with fire first! Teacher's pet "Rambo" needs to be on a ferry to wherever the hell by end of day.

eastgermanautos
01-16-2019, 07:48 AM
Christ yes, local delicacies are often utterly repulsive. The fried tarantulas of Cambodia spring to mind.

Not good.

:hehe: .