PDA

View Full Version : Emery out!

Sir C
01-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Too soon?

He does give the impression that he is somewhat clueless, I fear.

AFC East
01-12-2019, 02:46 PM
Too soon?

I’m far less hopeful than when Bruce signed up. The entire club is an utter mass by the look of things.

Burney
01-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Too soon?

Finally! :rolleyes:

I am genuinely curious to know how on earth this crapstack can be considered a tangible improvement on the status quo ante by the Wengerahti.

barrybueno
01-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Too soon?

If he keeps making the same mistakes for 10 years in a row then get rid

Burney
01-12-2019, 03:14 PM
If he keeps making the same mistakes for 10 years in a row then get rid

‘Mistakes’ that saw us qualifying for the CL most of those years and winning 3 FA Cups. :shrug:
Meanwhile, the greasy dago cùnt (GDC) is consigning us inexorably to mid-table mediocrity while playing football you would cross the road to avoid.

7sisters
01-12-2019, 03:22 PM
‘Mistakes’ that saw us qualifying for the CL most of those years and winning 3 FA Cups. :shrug:
Meanwhile, the greasy dago cùnt (GDC) is consigning us inexorably to mid-table mediocrity while playing football you would cross the road to avoid.

Wenger and the board have ultimately put us in this situation through years of mismanagement, paying top dollar for mediocre players and the shambles of running them down.
The bloke with the disabled mouth is merely a scape goat.

Burney
01-12-2019, 03:30 PM
Wenger and the board have ultimately put us in this situation through years of mismanagement, paying top dollar for mediocre players and the shambles of running them down.
The bloke with the disabled mouth is merely a scape goat.

:hehe: How long are you going to keep making these pathetic excuses?
I’ve no sympathy. The likes of you pushed for this shítshow and now you’ve got it you’re STILL pointing the finger at the guy who allowed us to overachieve all those years?

barrybueno
01-12-2019, 03:34 PM

Even so he was a stubborn arrogant **** who had to be moved on, get behind the new guy, get behind the GDC :hehe:

7sisters
01-12-2019, 05:40 PM
I’ve no sympathy. The likes of you pushed for this shítshow and now you’ve got it you’re STILL pointing the finger at the guy who allowed us to overachieve all those years?

Hang on, we allowed Wenger the folly of indulging in second half season collapses for years. He demonstrated zero aptitude for change or delegation to the point where it was absurd to keep him on.
It’s ridiculous to trash the new bloke in these circumstances.
Give him a couple of seasons and show a bit of support. He can only work with what he has and in a fair few cases, that consists of under performing players from Wengers stewardship.
Emery is in all likely a stop gap to the next manager and we may go through several more over the next decade, such is the pace of change.

Burney
01-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Hang on, we allowed Wenger the folly of indulging in second half season collapses for years. He demonstrated zero aptitude for change or delegation to the point where it was absurd to keep him on.
Give him a couple of seasons and show a bit of support. He can only work with what he has and in a fair few cases, that consists of under performing players from Wengers stewardship.
Emery is in all likely a stop gap to the next manager and we may go through several more over the next decade, such is the pace of change.

No, I’m sorry, you don’t get to do that. You don’t get to relentlessly trash the previous manager and his teams for years and then play the ‘Let’s all get behind the team” card as soon as things start getting shít with the new bloke in charge. It’s monstrous hypocrisy.
I’ll admit that my supposed antipathy to Emery started out as a satirical exercise: holding up a mirror to those who hounded Wenger out to show them what it was like dealing with irrational, spoiled, disloyal people who had become madly fixated on the manager as the source of all our problems.
However, it’s become slightly more complex as it’s grown increasingly clear that the new bloke actually may be a bit shít. Given this, watching those who wanted Wenger out squirm desperately to make excuses for the new guy they’d never have allowed for Wenger has added a whole new level of comedy.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-12-2019, 06:26 PM

I don't think we overachieved under Wenger. He was a revolutionary coach who almost single handedly changed the landscape for training and player recruitment. Others followed and those with more money, overtook him.

Tony C
01-12-2019, 06:30 PM
To be fair....He’s having to make do with Wenger’s sloppy seconds and hampered by Ivan’s stupidity.

Koscielny should not be playing. The man needs physiotherapist everyday for the rest of life but we’re forced to play him.

Mustafi was too sh it for Everton. Should’ve seen him coming a mile off.

Xhaka - been saying it since he arrived - how did he get into the Bundesliga team if the year??

Bellend - spoilt entitled millennial

Ozil - a bull shi tter of the highest order. Makes 1 pass and then faffs about for the other 89 minutes. You would think he would man up and get back into the side but he can’t bothered. No respect whatsoever for his team mates who have to go into battle without him.

They all need to go.

As for Ivan - Torreira earns 50k a week but Jenkinson is on £62k.

Couldn’t make it up.

These players are so garbage we shouldn’t be in the league position we’re currently in. Would argue that Unai has over achieved to at least get us within touching distance of top four.

Unfortunately he’s inherited too many dog sh it players.

Maybe Unai can try something I suggested this time last year ie switch the teams around.

Play the kids in the league and aim the 1st team at the Europa League.

What’s the worse that can happen?

Seriously what’s the worst thing?

Willock, ESR, Nketiah and Zech Medley get loads of PL experience for next season.

Wow that’s fkin awful that looool

Get Reece back too. Bundesliga is c rap ie Xhaka. 15 PL games will do him the world of good.

Pretty sure they would do better than what we now.

7sisters
01-12-2019, 06:45 PM
No, I’m sorry, you don’t get to do that. You don’t get to relentlessly trash the previous manager and his teams for years and then play the ‘Let’s all get behind the team” card as soon as things start getting shít with the new bloke in charge. It’s monstrous hypocrisy.
I’ll admit that my supposed antipathy to Emery started out as a satirical exercise: holding up a mirror to those who hounded Wenger out to show them what it was like dealing with irrational, spoiled, disloyal people who had become madly fixated on the manager as the source of all our problems.
However, it’s become slightly more complex as it’s grown increasingly clear that the new bloke actually may be a bit shít. Given this, watching those who wanted Wenger out squirm desperately to make excuses for the new guy they’d never have allowed for Wenger has added a whole new level of comedy.

Not having that. Wenger had over twenty years in the job. You can’t level accusations of short termism or hounding him out when it was abundantly obvious that all routes led to failure.
I’m not loyal to the new bloke in any way but I’m not about to start writing him off until I’m satisfied he’s walking the same green mile as Wenger, which isn’t just yet.

Monty92
01-13-2019, 09:22 AM
Not having that. Wenger had over twenty years in the job. You can’t level accusations of short termism or hounding him out when it was abundantly obvious that all routes led to failure.
I’m not loyal to the new bloke in any way but I’m not about to start writing him off until I’m satisfied he’s walking the same green mile as Wenger, which isn’t just yet.

That's not quite true though, is it. Of course you didn't hound Wenger out after twenty years in the job. You hounded him out after about 8 years of achieving everything that could have been expected of him followed by two years of under-achievement. Which puts a rather different slant on things.

7sisters
01-13-2019, 11:17 AM
That's not quite true though, is it. Of course you didn't hound Wenger out after twenty years in the job. You hounded him out after about 8 years of achieving everything that could have been expected of him followed by two years of under-achievement. Which puts a rather different slant on things.

He’d had ten years by that point and it subsequently became clear that he’d peaked and was never going to revive that halcyon period.
I became more vocal about him being replaced only in the last four or five seasons. I did say on reflection, that he stayed ten years too long, a comment I stand by.
Emery, or anyone else, will never get to achieve what we had under Wenger. Wenger’s wider influence will become a historical landmark in the English game. You cannot compare the circumstances of Wenger departing, or Emery remaining in the job. :shrug:

redgunamo
01-13-2019, 12:10 PM
Finally! :rolleyes:

I am genuinely curious to know how on earth this crapstack can be considered a tangible improvement on the status quo ante by the Wengerahti.

It depends on your view, of course, but the tangible improvement lies simply in the fact that Wenger is no longer in charge, is no longer the manager. That's the big thing. Small matters like, How is the new manager getting on? Well, we've got the rest of history to fuss and fight over that.

redgunamo
01-13-2019, 12:22 PM
Which puts a rather different slant on things.

Not really. We've all been following football long enough to know that even great managers, enjoying universal support and acclaim, practically never survive even their own greatest achievements for too long. And if they do, they rarely come close to emulating them; there's usually a feeling of, Should've bowed out x-number of years before he did.

That just seems to be the way it works in football. In other walks of life, this is simply known as "Having a career."

redgunamo
01-13-2019, 12:38 PM
Your mum is a satirical exercise.

Did you miss Wenger spending much of the last decade basically writing a whole new book of excuses? As such, any indulgences offered to Emery so far remain perfectly within bounds, I'd say :shrug:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-13-2019, 12:51 PM

Arsene collapsed in February. The dago's started in Dec-Jan. He can **** off and take Kronke with him. Arsene, Ozil and Rambo in.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-13-2019, 12:57 PM
He’d had ten years by that point and it subsequently became clear that he’d peaked and was never going to revive that halcyon period.
I became more vocal about him being replaced only in the last four or five seasons. I did say on reflection, that he stayed ten years too long, a comment I stand by.
Emery, or anyone else, will never get to achieve what we had under Wenger. Wenger’s wider influence will become a historical landmark in the English game. You cannot compare the circumstances of Wenger departing, or Emery remaining in the job. :shrug:

No. It became clear we couldn't compete with Chav and City petrodollars.

Wengerball made me happy. GG's back 5 made me happy. This cünt doesn't. I'd make a banner but I no longer care about this team. None of them ever saw Highbury. So **** 'em. Ozil and Rambo in. Don't care if we lose three on the trot with them starting as long as they combine for one sexy, Wengerball goal.

7sisters
01-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Wengerball made me happy. GG's back 5 made me happy. This cünt doesn't. I'd make a banner but I no longer care about this team. None of them ever saw Highbury. So **** 'em. Ozil and Rambo in. Don't care if we lose three on the trot with them starting as long as they combine for one sexy, Wengerball goal.[/QUOTE]

Well, it’s a view, and on current standing, it’s difficult to understand why a fully fit Ozil, costing 350k pw, didn’t even make the squad, in a game against West Ham ?
He has his reasons and time will judge him but he can’t be held accountable for the way Wenger and Gazidis ran down these player contract situations and the black hole funding debacle in the run up to his appointment.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-13-2019, 06:47 PM
It depends on your view, of course, but the tangible improvement lies simply in the fact that Wenger is no longer in charge, is no longer the manager. That's the big thing. Small matters like, How is the new manager getting on? Well, we've got the rest of history to fuss and fight over that.

Wenger leaving was as much for his own sake as it was for change at the club. Wenger still had a reputation to preserve. Who knows, he may still have one but his last 3 seasons have caused it to take a blow and people could see this coming... and for what, to provide a smokescreen for the owner and the board? The only way this could be seen was for Wenger to leave. He just left a couple of years too late.

Now that Wenger has gone, we will be able to see what the club are all about as no one will endure what Wenger had/chose to endure. Appointing Emery was perhaps a little underwhelming for some, particularly as he probably under-achieved at PSG, but maybe a logical appointment. There had to be a mutual benefit to both. A man trying to manage his slightly dented reputation and a club that won't throw money wildly. IF Arsenal had more money, would they have hired Emery :shrug: How much will Emery endure to protect this board and owner? It depends but I could argue a lot less than Wenger.

What do we know that has happened since Wenger left? Perhaps Gazidis has decided that Wenger going removes some protection, so he sounded out his availability and ran as soon as he could?

Is Emery good enough? Time will tell and it will take at least, 2 full seasons. What we will find out is how much Wenger was really protecting the owner and the board inability/unwillingness to take the club forward on the pitch and how much was his own failings.

AFC East
01-13-2019, 09:43 PM

Not even that really. He won the FA Cup the year before and finished 5th. Not an under-achievement for our current financial situation.

Pokster
01-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Not even that really. He won the FA Cup the year before and finished 5th. Not an under-achievement for our current financial situation.

:hehe: 6th biggest football revenue in the world and you make out we have a "financial situation"..... couldn't make it up.

Wenger was happy to overpay for average players who then we couldn't move om. £350k a week for a player was a joke then, and an even bigger joke now.

IUFG
01-14-2019, 08:28 AM
:hehe: 6th biggest football revenue in the world and you make out we have a "financial situation"..... couldn't make it up.

and I suppose that is at the root of the frustration for fans.

The Arsenal earn big money and charge the fans a fortune to see the team.
I wouldn't mind being milked so hard if we could regularly challenge for the title and see top quality players on the pitch in every position. To say we have no money for players is laughable when there are hundreds(?) of millions in the bank.

But I suppose we'll make do with Xhaka, Iwobi, Mustafi, et al whilst Stan buys up real estate for himself in the USA.
And that is also a point, innit? Football isn't for the Yanks because, quite simply, they don't understand it.

Tony C
01-14-2019, 08:30 AM
he’s only earning 58p a second.

Not so bad when you think about it like that.

All relative. So he can buy a kit kat every second..f uck him. Big deal.

7sisters
01-14-2019, 08:51 AM

Wenger was happy to overpay for average players who then we couldn't move om. £350k a week for a player was a joke then, and an even bigger joke now.

60k per week for Elneny and Jenkinson. You couldn’t make it up.

John Bunnell
01-14-2019, 11:29 AM
I would rather Jenkinson and Elneny play over Lichsteiner and Xhaka. Just putting that out there.

ITSUPFORGRABSNOW
01-14-2019, 01:31 PM
60k per week for Elneny and Jenkinson. You couldn’t make it up.

How do you ****ing know that then, you seen their wage packets?

redgunamo
01-14-2019, 06:56 PM
Too soon?

I must admit surprise that he didn't sort the defence out, as #1 priority. Even my ten year old daughter knows we allow too many goals.

That's the thing with professionals in nowadays' football, I suppose; they're as concerned with their precious processes as they are with results :-\

redgunamo
01-14-2019, 06:58 PM
and I suppose that is at the root of the frustration for fans.

The club, and especially the manager, should never, ever mention money, imo.

redgunamo
01-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Same as at any other club really; it's always the manager's job to shield the board from criticism. When chairmen begin to worry about the paintwork on their new Benz, the manager's day's are usually numbered.

Emery would certainly have been on the list, imo, for any of the top clubs, not just us. Once Wenger went, the actual job offer would've just been about timing; who is actually available at that moment.

Thinking about it, maybe Gazidis was only hired to manage some sort of transition after all and he played a long game until he accomplished that mission (which you would, I guess, if you're on that kind of money). Don't forget these people (all except Wenger apparently) are career professionals and never actually intend to stay in any one job or at any one club for more than three or four years anyway. They're like old-school civil servants; they are responsible for starting a scheme, or for finishing it, but never for both. So any blame can be shared around or avoided.

Wenger leaving was as much for his own sake as it was for change at the club. Wenger still had a reputation to preserve. Who knows, he may still have one but his last 3 seasons have caused it to take a blow and people could see this coming... and for what, to provide a smokescreen for the owner and the board? The only way this could be seen was for Wenger to leave. He just left a couple of years too late.

Now that Wenger has gone, we will be able to see what the club are all about as no one will endure what Wenger had/chose to endure. Appointing Emery was perhaps a little underwhelming for some, particularly as he probably under-achieved at PSG, but maybe a logical appointment. There had to be a mutual benefit to both. A man trying to manage his slightly dented reputation and a club that won't throw money wildly. IF Arsenal had more money, would they have hired Emery :shrug: How much will Emery endure to protect this board and owner? It depends but I could argue a lot less than Wenger.

What do we know that has happened since Wenger left? Perhaps Gazidis has decided that Wenger going removes some protection, so he sounded out his availability and ran as soon as he could?

Is Emery good enough? Time will tell and it will take at least, 2 full seasons. What we will find out is how much Wenger was really protecting the owner and the board inability/unwillingness to take the club forward on the pitch and how much was his own failings.

eastgermanautos
01-15-2019, 12:26 PM

He's managed more important accounts than you're faggetass. Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani. Who are you to come here with your meagre opinion. Go back to selling women's lingerie.

redgunamo
01-15-2019, 12:39 PM
He's managed more important accounts than you're faggetass. Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani. Who are you to come here with your meagre opinion. Go back to selling women's lingerie.

Are you saying B is really Roderick Spode? Makes sense actually :rubchin:

eastgermanautos
01-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Same as at any other club really; it's always the manager's job to shield the board from criticism. When chairmen begin to worry about the paintwork on their new Benz, the manager's day's are usually numbered.

Emery would certainly have been on the list, imo, for any of the top clubs, not just us. Once Wenger went, the actual job offer would've just been about timing; who is actually available at that moment.

Thinking about it, maybe Gazidis was only hired to manage some sort of transition after all and he played a long game until he accomplished that mission (which you would, I guess, if you're on that kind of money). Don't forget these people (all except Wenger apparently) are career professionals and never actually intend to stay in any one job or at any one club for more than three or four years anyway. They're like old-school civil servants; they are responsible for starting a scheme, or for finishing it, but never for both. So any blame can be shared around or avoided.

All that makes sense, which is why Emery's mention of money is all the more noteworthy. He *should take a stand, which is what it looks like to me. Saying, no, this is what my redo of this club will cost. He's a finish carpenter, not a general contractor.