PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't care so much about our mid-table mediocrity

Sir C
01-04-2019, 12:52 PM
if we had one truly exceptional player to watch. Someone to lift the spirits with skill and imagination. I mean, we have tow such players, but we're not allowed to see them. :-(

This must be the least interesting Arsenal team since about 1986.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 12:56 PM
if we had one truly exceptional player to watch. Someone to lift the spirits with skill and imagination. I mean, we have tow such players, but we're not allowed to see them. :-(

I saw a comment on BBC during the Fulham match comparing us to Sam Allardyce's Bolton. This was of course before our truly beautiful second goal - how could you not love that

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-04-2019, 12:58 PM
I saw a comment on BBC during the Fulham match comparing us to Sam Allardyce's Bolton. This was of course before our truly beautiful second goal - how could you not love that

He's still pining for the OFT l - leave him be.

Even when General Unai leads us to Europa League glory he'll be grumbling about the mans enunciation and dodgy ivories.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 12:59 PM

:nod: It was beautiful and bathetic in equal measure, la. As we witness the final vestiges of M. Wenger's fingerprint being worn away by the march of time and mediocrity, an occasional flash of beauty will burst forth, like an orchid from the desert floor, to be rapidly extinguished by the esplaaaaaination that we most work hard to improve our siyuaaaation and make good results for the tim.

SWv2
01-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Stop this gibberish you Dutch nonce.

We have some fine and excellent players – Bellerin, Holding, Xhaka, Torreira, Lacazette, Aubameyang and indeed others who promise much for the future such as Leno and Guendozi and further others who have the requisite quality to offer more than they have of late such as Mkhytarian.

We also need to simply play Ozil or the proverbial age old Awimb remedy of fúcking him out of the window.

Ramsey is gone, he does not even count any more.

We simply need 2-3 others to boost the ranks but that tight Yankee **** won't pony up and the money we do have was spunked by the ****s in the previous regime.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:01 PM

We have some fine and excellent players – Bellerin, Holding, Xhaka, Torreira, Lacazette, Aubameyang and indeed others who promise much for the future such as Leno and Guendozi and further others who have the requisite quality to offer more than they have of late such as Mkhytarian.

We also need to simply play Ozil or the proverbial age old Awimb remedy of fúcking him out of the window.

We simply need 2-3 others to boost the ranks but that tight Yankee **** won't pony up and the money we do have was spunked by the ****s in the previous regime.

I must say, I find your language vulgar in the extreme, and am unable to read your post fully lest I swoon clean away.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:07 PM

I already love watching Guendozi - his range of passing is superb for one so young. Also Iwobi and Kolasinic's link-up play is quite sublime to watch at times

Viva Prat Vegas
01-04-2019, 01:10 PM
:nod:
A real killer pass by our Luiz lookalike took place at some stage on NYD

IUFG
01-04-2019, 01:11 PM
I already love watching Guendozi - his range of passing is superb for one so young. Also Iwobi and Kolasinic's link-up play is quite sublime to watch at times

He does like a touch too many at times, does Gwen.

Knock that out of his games and he'll make Cesc look like Nigel Reo-Coker. :fishing:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-04-2019, 01:13 PM
:nod: It was beautiful and bathetic in equal measure, la. As we witness the final vestiges of M. Wenger's fingerprint being worn away by the march of time and mediocrity, an occasional flash of beauty will burst forth, like an orchid from the desert floor, to be rapidly extinguished by the esplaaaaaination that we most work hard to improve our siyuaaaation and make good results for the tim.

You mock our noble leader's peasant tongue and yet hurled no such brickbats at Wenger's continual mumbling attempt to secure a bit part in 'Allo 'allo.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-04-2019, 01:13 PM
I like his non-reaction to the increasing number of occasions on which he ends up on the deck

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Knock that out of his games and he'll make Cesc look like Nigel Reo-Coker. :fishing:

Don't talk to me about that overrated little boss eyed Catalan pikey. As good as robbed the club for his salary

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:15 PM
I must say, I find your language vulgar in the extreme, and am unable to read your post fully lest I swoon clean away.

Happy New Year and all that by the way - hope you had a nice festive season

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:16 PM

Btw la, I was quite worried about you last night when I thought of you during the Man City game and it struck me that we havn't heard from you for ages; I imagined you dead with your liver á la Bestie, run over whilst staggering across a Munich street, or found in a dingy flat with an electric flex round your neck, and orange in your mouth, and a sphincter the sixe of a large marrow. :-(

I'm glad you're alive la.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:16 PM
:nod:
A real killer pass by our Luiz lookalike took place at some stage on NYD

There was one in particular that caught the eye but can't quite remember which. NYD was a bit of a blur tbh

Viva Prat Vegas
01-04-2019, 01:17 PM
One assumes you've only just awoken from greeting 2019 in a liquid manner and you think it's January 1st

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Yep - generally gets away with it or draws a foul but he could - and hopefully will judge it better. Hard to believe he was playing in the French second division last season

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Btw la, I was quite worried about you last night when I thought of you during the Man City game and it struck me that we havn't heard from you for ages; I imagined you dead with your liver á la Bestie, run over whilst staggering across a Munich street, or found in a dingy flat with an electric flex round your neck, and orange in your mouth, and a sphincter the sixe of a large marrow. :-(

I'm glad you're alive la.

ty - I've been relatively offline for the past few weeks. My liver and I are definitely not friends but it's still ticking along

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:26 PM
ty - I've been relatively offline for the past few weeks. My liver and I are definitely not friends but it's still ticking along

Did you come home for the festivities?

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:28 PM
You mock our noble leader's peasant tongue and yet hurled no such brickbats at Wenger's continual mumbling attempt to secure a bit part in 'Allo 'allo.

Oh, I'm only teasing, h. His English is vastly superior to my Spanish. I have no issues with his accent or his teeth. I just dislike his shítty brand of football.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:29 PM
Did you come home for the festivities?

No. Was home for an early celebration at the beginning of December as my family all seemed to desert the island for Christmas. Was nice over here though

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:35 PM
No. Was home for an early celebration at the beginning of December as my family all seemed to desert the island for Christmas. Was nice over here though

Snowy, maybe. Scenic. Nice.

I expect they eat some foul river fish on christmas day. Carp or somesuch. Monstrous, really.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Snowy, maybe. Scenic. Nice.

I expect they eat some foul river fish on christmas day. Carp or somesuch. Monstrous, really.

I had a bowl of cereal and about half a keg of beer tbh

Billy Goat Sverige
01-04-2019, 02:52 PM

We’re after Denis Suarez apparently. Probably will fill the spots of a Elneny and Ramsey in the squad.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2019, 02:57 PM
We’re after Denis Suarez apparently. Probably will fill the spots of a Elneny and Ramsey in the squad.
Ah - like a latterday Kerry/Lee Dixon story - Arsenal sign Suarez

Burney
01-04-2019, 03:28 PM

I lost track of the number of metaphors you mixed there. It was a veritable metaphor gumbo.
Which is, of course, another metaphor.

Burney
01-04-2019, 03:29 PM

If your liver is ticking, la, something has gone horribly wrong.