PDA

View Full Version : So the Invincibles thing is safe for another season and Spurs aren't going to win it.

Burney
01-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Good things both, but now the sole interest we have left in the league this season is hoping Liverpool don't win it.

Jesus. We really have just turned into Everton, haven't we? :-(

#justanotherfootballclub

IUFG
01-04-2019, 09:33 AM
#justanotherfootballclub

That's all we've been since we relaxed the 'one shirt type for all' on match days rule

PSRB
01-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Good things both, but now the sole interest we have left in the league this season is hoping Liverpool don't win it.

#justanotherfootballclub

#transition - I was watching last night and thinking that I really hope Emery is given the funds (or the drugs) to put us on a par (ish) with those 2 sides. Cracking match

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-04-2019, 09:37 AM

#justanotherfootballclub

Was there really any confidence that Liverpool would go through the season unbeaten?

Burney
01-04-2019, 09:40 AM
That's all we've been since we relaxed the 'one shirt type for all' on match days rule

True story, i. To think the way people used to moan about PH-W. We were a proper club with proper traditions back then. We've chucked all that in the bin and now look at us. :-(

Burney
01-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Was there really any confidence that Liverpool would go through the season unbeaten?

Not really, but until it happens you're bound to worry.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-04-2019, 09:43 AM
Not really, but until it happens you're bound to worry.

Good, good. Now that, that is over, we can go back to whinging about the Arsenal :-)

IUFG
01-04-2019, 09:44 AM
True story, i. To think the way people used to moan about PH-W. We were a proper club with proper traditions back then. We've chucked all that in the bin and now look at us. :-(

Money what done it.

PH-W
The club has had to move with the times, embrace modernity, and at the same time try to retain Arsenal’s tradition values. “I remember my father being absolutely horrified at the thought of having perimeter advertising. It was a case of ‘over my dead body’, says the chairman.

Pokster
01-04-2019, 09:46 AM

There was a risk, they have played most of the decent teams away from home... a win last night could have given them belief they could have done it.... As long as Spurs don't win the league i dont care if City or Liverpool win it

Burney
01-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Money what done it.

PH-W
The club has had to move with the times, embrace modernity, and at the same time try to retain Arsenal’s tradition values. “I remember my father being absolutely horrified at the thought of having perimeter advertising. It was a case of ‘over my dead body’, says the chairman.

I'm not saying it was avoidable - it probably wasn't. However, it is a salutary lesson in how easy it is when seeking to modernise an institution to also remove everything that made it special. Because all those little things seem silly when you're doing well and don't need them, but when you're mediocre and have nothing else to cling to, they matter much, much more.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 10:27 AM

But we're rich now. That all that mattress :rolleyes:

I'm just watching that Keys & Gray interview with Veng. He goes all JFK at one point and bemoans the fact that when he arrived at Arsenal, the players used to feel responsible to the club, for bad results and so on. But now it's t'other way about and the club feels responsible to the players; if there's bad results and performances, the club feels it has let the players down and it must do more for them.

Yes, who could've imagined that celebrating the replacement of actual Arsenal players with an endless supply of cheap, foreign mercenaries would lead to this :homer:

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Money what done it.

PH-W

Right. Values is difficult whereas almost anybody can make money.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 10:36 AM
There was a risk, they have played most of the decent teams away from home... a win last night could have given them belief they could have done it.... As long as Spurs don't win the league i dont care if City or Liverpool win it

It's going to be hard for anybody because people start talking about it after a dozen games nowadays. When we did it, I don't remember anyone mentioning Nottingham Forest until the home stretch of the season.

Pokster
01-04-2019, 10:43 AM
It's going to be hard for anybody because people start talking about it after a dozen games nowadays. When we did it, I don't remember anyone mentioning Nottingham Forest until the home stretch of the season.

I remember it a bit differently.. he had mentioned going unbeaten the year before so by Christmas it was being mentioned more.... but that was 14 yrs ago and I am :old:

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 10:50 AM
I remember it a bit differently.. he had mentioned going unbeaten the year before so by Christmas it was being mentioned more.... but that was 14 yrs ago and I am :old:

Yes, you're right. Was that serious though? More just banter, I remember. Also :old:

Monty92
01-04-2019, 10:56 AM
But we're rich now. That all that mattress :rolleyes:

I'm just watching that Keys & Gray interview with Veng. He goes all JFK at one point and bemoans the fact that when he arrived at Arsenal, the players used to feel responsible to the club, for bad results and so on. But now it's t'other way about and the club feels responsible to the players; if there's bad results and performances, the club feels it has let the players down and it must do more for them.

Yes, who could've imagined that celebrating the replacement of actual Arsenal players with an endless supply of cheap, foreign mercenaries would lead to this :homer:

Hang on, we got almost a decade of service each out of our most successful "cheap foreign mercenaries". That's a pretty good model for success if you can sustain it, which is of course the hard bit.

And look what happened when Wenger produced his first world class "actual Arsenal player" - he nearly swerved off the road in his desperation to leave, Jeff.

AFC East
01-04-2019, 10:58 AM
#transition - I was watching last night and thinking that I really hope Emery is given the funds (or the drugs) to put us on a par (ish) with those 2 sides. Cracking match

The first thing we’d need to do with that money is but either Guardiola or Klopp

PSRB
01-04-2019, 11:00 AM
The first thing we’d need to do with that money is but either Guardiola or Klopp

Nah, happy to give him the next summer transfer window and following season for top 4 and another season to challenge, it's taken Klopp 4 seasons and a lot of £££ to get Liverpool anywhere near City's level.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-04-2019, 11:04 AM

responded to a direct question about whether an unbeaten season was feasible and simply replied that he believed it was.

United fans then had their "Comical Wenger" T-shirts printed and that was the most satisfying thing for me with the invincible phenomenon - that AW effectively ****ed off all Man Utd supporters.

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:07 AM

You don't get it, do you? We aren't in that league anymore.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Hang on, we got almost a decade of service each out of our most successful "cheap foreign mercenaries". That's a pretty good model for success if you can sustain it, which is of course the hard bit.

And look what happened when Wenger produced his first world class "actual Arsenal player" - he nearly swerved off the road in his desperation to leave, Jeff.

Yes. I think his point is that these people are no longer "Arsenal"; they no longer "sents els colors del seu club", as they say in Foreign.

For instance, we never placed any special, uncommon value on Cole's one-of-our-ownness, did we. And so on. Whereas once, it would've been enough to make him captain.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 11:15 AM

Emery has won considerably more than Klopp has........

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:21 AM

But Klopp has nicer gnashers, apparently

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Nah, happy to give him the next summer transfer window and following season for top 4 and another season to challenge, it's taken Klopp 4 seasons and a lot of £££ to get Liverpool anywhere near City's level.

Liverpool have spent a lot of money, but in recent seasons, the have made about £250M by selling Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho, while we have let contracts run down and lost players on the cheap.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 11:25 AM
Liverpool have spent a lot of money, but in recent seasons, the have made about £250M by selling Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho, while we have let contracts run down and lost players on the cheap.

True but that's not Emery's fault. Hopefully Ramsey will be the last of these balls ups

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Yes. I think his point is that these people are no longer "Arsenal"; they no longer "sents els colors del seu club", as they say in Foreign.

For instance, we never placed any special, uncommon value on Cole's one-of-our-ownness, did we. And so on. Whereas once, it would've been enough to make him captain.

Off-topic, I would argue that not enough value is placed on Cole generally. For my money, he's the one English player of the last 20 years who would consistently have been there or thereabouts in a World XI. The fact that he was a gobshíte tends to obscure his excellence as a player.

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:27 AM

But this is about perceived worth, not track record. Klopp's stock is currently at a level that would preclude his next step being to us. It would be a step down.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 11:29 AM
But this is about perceived worth, not track record. Klopp's stock is currently at a level that would preclude his next step being to us. It would be a step down.

Would it? Much of a muchness, imo.

AFC East
01-04-2019, 11:30 AM

Are you seriously comparing their records?

Two league titles with Dortmund v one with PSG.

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:31 AM

They're challenging for the league, are in the CL and have just lost their first game this season. They also stuffed us 5-1.

How are they much of a muchness with us right now?

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:32 AM
Off-topic, I would argue that not enough value is placed on Cole generally. For my money, he's the one English player of the last 20 years who would consistently have been there or thereabouts in a World XI. The fact that he was a gobshíte tends to obscure his excellence as a player.

Lost. all for the sake of £10-£15k a week. Small potatoes nowadays of course.

Pokster
01-04-2019, 11:32 AM

hmmm, Liverpool are considered challengers for the League and also a shoe in for a CL place..... we are struggling to get top 4, have a much weaker squad and look a long way off from where they are at the moment

AFC East
01-04-2019, 11:33 AM

Having that kind of money would put us back in that league. It's a very simple equation. City weren't in that league either.

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Having that kind of money would put us back in that league. It's a very simple equation. City weren't in that league either.

That type of money was only ever going to come to us via (the likes of) Usmanov.

And he's fúcked off now.

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Lost. all for the sake of £10-£15k a week. Small potatoes nowadays of course.

Yes. Worth bearing in mind any time people feel like getting nostalgic about David Dein, that.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 11:36 AM

No, that's very much on topic. Pre-Wenger, Cole is precisely the sort of player who'd have skippered the side for a decade before having a statue raised in his honour outside the ground.

It would have to be the ground that Wenger built, of course, so I guess it's complicated :homer:

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:37 AM
No, that's very much on topic. Pre-Wenger, Cole is precisely the sort of player who'd have skippered the side for a decade before having a statue raised in his honour outside the ground.

It would have to be the ground that Wenger built, of course, so I guess it's complicated :homer:

Dunno. You could argue that, like Kenny Sansom, he was a great player, but had the wrong personality for leadership.

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Dunno. You could argue that, like Kenny Sansom, he was a great player, but had the wrong personality for leadership.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5838849.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Kenny-Sansom.jpg

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 11:39 AM
That type of money was only ever going to come to us via (the likes of) Usmanov.

And he's fúcked off now.

No, that's what we built the Emirates for. We can't give it back.

I think .. :sherlock:

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 11:40 AM

Almost everybody does! That's what Sandhurst is for. Or, in our case, London Colney.

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:40 AM
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5838849.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Kenny-Sansom.jpg

Poor chap. :-(

Mateus Rose, ffs! :shakehead:

PSRB
01-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Are you seriously comparing their records?

Two league titles with Dortmund v one with PSG.

Yes. 3 Europa Leagues back to back as well

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Poor chap. :-(

Mateus Rose, ffs! :shakehead:

I know.

There's sinking to a low level.

And then there is that...

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:47 AM
No, that's what we built the Emirates for. We can't give it back.

I think .. :sherlock:

we built the Emirates to compete with the likes of Bayern Munich.

then the landscape of football changed completely with the emergence of sugar daddy vanity projects.

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:49 AM
I know.

There's sinking to a low level.

And then there is that...

You have to imagine it's warm, as well. :-( :puke:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-04-2019, 11:50 AM
hmmm, Liverpool are considered challengers for the League and also a shoe in for a CL place..... we are struggling to get top 4, have a much weaker squad and look a long way off from where they are at the moment

And, under Herr Klopp, would have won their sixth CL but for Salah being fouled off the pitch.

IUFG
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
And, under Herr Klopp, would have won their sixth CL but for Salah being fouled off the pitch.

supposition :judge:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-04-2019, 11:52 AM

then the landscape of football changed completely with the emergence of sugar daddy vanity projects.

Leicester?

PSRB
01-04-2019, 11:52 AM
They're challenging for the league, are in the CL and have just lost their first game this season. They also stuffed us 5-1.

How are they much of a muchness with us right now?

Challenging for Top 4, good chance of EL, London location, bigger stadium, bigger revenues. We are still a very attractive option

Burney
01-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Challenging for Top 4, good chance of EL, London location, bigger stadium, bigger revenues. We are still a very attractive option

Sorry, I couldn't finish reading because I collapsed in helpless laughter after the first four words.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
True but that's not Emery's fault. Hopefully Ramsey will be the last of these balls ups

My comment was in reference to Liverpool's spending and Arsenal's mismanagement. Clearly, it isn't Emery's fault but the fault of Kronke, Gazidis, Wenger or a combination? Whether Ramsey is the last of the bunch is fine but Emery is the one suffering for that mismanagement. Ever since Nasri and RVP, this has become a perennial issue for the club. Even if Kronke is running the club purely as a business, it is a basic and major failing of the hierarchy. How much money have we lost due to this mismanagement?

For the record, Emery has to be given 3 seasons, it would be utterly foolish not to.

IUFG
Leicester?

was the exception that proved the rule. where are they now (now that they can't grapple everyone in the area and everyone has got wise to Vardy dangling his leg)?

PSRB
01-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I couldn't finish reading because I collapsed in helpless laughter after the first four words.

Why not? 3 points off 4th and Chelsea hardly look amazing.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 12:04 PM

It only seems to have actually affected two or three clubs though. Liverpool are top in England (nothing particularly unusual there historically) and the same clubs as always are winning in Spain, Germany and Italy. Forget Ligue Un #merde

And anyway, we've been one of the major beneficiaries of the increase in cash in the game :shrug:

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Why not? 3 points off 4th and Chelsea hardly look amazing.

United picking up pace, Chelsea not great (but still better than us) and we can’t even defend a long ball.

Doomed.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Leicester?

Yes, even Leicester City are a sugar daddy vanity project nowadays (RIP). And Stoke City get their forwards from Barcelona and Real Madrid.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 12:15 PM
United picking up pace, Chelsea not great (but still better than us) and we can’t even defend a long ball.

Doomed.

FWIW, I do think we'll miss top 4 but not by much and still think United are flattering to deceive. Will know more after they play spurs

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Yes, even Leicester City are a sugar daddy vanity project nowadays (RIP). And Stoke City get their forwards from Barcelona and Real Madrid.

'Sugar Deady' imo.

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:20 PM
FWIW, I do think we'll miss top 4 but not by much and still think United are flattering to deceive. Will know more after they play spurs

We and Chelsea will fight fiercely over the fifth place trophy imo.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 12:21 PM
We and Chelsea will fight fiercely over the fifth place trophy imo.

I'm just not having that OGS can make such a huge difference to United. Chelsea are also an injury to Hazard away from being fecked

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:23 PM
I'm just not having that OGS can make such a huge difference to United. Chelsea are also an injury to Hazard away from being fecked

It's not about OGS making the difference, it's about no longer being dragged down by that miserable, sardine-munching narcissist.

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 12:24 PM

I see what you're saying; if Manchester United were actually any good, OGS woldn't be their manager.

Thing is though, their squad is practically perfect :-( :rubchin:

redgunamo
01-04-2019, 12:27 PM
It's not about OGS making the difference, it's about no longer being dragged down by that miserable, sardine-munching narcissist.

Harsh, imo. I love sardines.

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Harsh, imo. I love sardines.

Me too, actually. A woefully under-appreciated fish imo. As is mackerel, tbh. I'll very happily devour a plate of grilled sardines with my fingers.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 12:35 PM
I see what you're saying; if Manchester United were actually any good, OGS woldn't be their manager.

Thing is though, their squad is practically perfect :-( :rubchin:

Is it? Defence is horrid, De Gea aside. Midfield is okay, forward line is very good. Still hope we can somehow pinch Martial

Sir C
01-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Me too, actually. A woefully under-appreciated fish imo. As is mackerel, tbh. I'll very happily devour a plate of grilled sardines with my fingers.

Lemon though. They need rather a lot of lemon.

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Lemon though. They need rather a lot of lemon.

Yes. Something acidic to cut the oiliness is good. Generally, though, I do think things like mackerel, sardines, pilchards (these three may all be the same thing) and herring are underrated. I think it's because people don't seem to like fish that tastes really fishy. Benders.

I had a kipper over Christmas and enjoyed it enormously. I'd forgotten how nice they could be.

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Is it? Defence is horrid, De Gea aside. Midfield is okay, forward line is very good. Still hope we can somehow pinch Martial

It's all very well to say the defence is horrid, but have you had a butcher's at ours lately?

Sir C
01-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Yes. Something acidic to cut the oiliness is good. Generally, though, I do think things like mackerel, sardines, pilchards (these three may all be the same thing) and herring are underrated. I think it's because people don't seem to like fish that tastes really fishy. Benders.

I had a kipper over Christmas and enjoyed it enormously. I'd forgotten how nice they could be.

Yes, I'm a great admirer of the oily fish, which isn't a euphemism but should be. In particular, of course, the raw fat herring.

I adore a kipper but the subsequent repititions get me down after a while.

A kipper is like smoked salmon or a prawn cocktail; the only possible accompaniment is thinly sliced, buttered brown bread. Cut into little triangles.

IUFG
01-04-2019, 12:46 PM

sardines, pilchards and herrings are all in the herring family Clupeidae. Obv a kipper is a smoked herring.

mackerel is a scombridae fish.
scromber scrombus the most common consumed on these shores.

oily fúckers, the lot of em.

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Yes, I'm a great admirer of the oily fish, which isn't a euphemism but should be. In particular, of course, the raw fat herring.

A kipper is like smoked salmon or a prawn cocktail; the only possible accompaniment is thinly sliced, buttered brown bread. Cut into little triangles.

I blame Captain Cùnting Birdseye. On his watch, 'Fish' became synonymous with 'white, flaky, but largely flavourless protein in batter/breadcrumbs' and the country's love for the herring came to an end.

AFC East
01-04-2019, 12:50 PM

I probably best not mention I used to wash them down with a glass of Matues Rose and assumed I was the most sophisticated person.

I miss the 70s.

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:51 PM
sardines, pilchards and herrings are all in the herring family Clupeidae. Obv a kipper is a smoked herring.

mackerel is a scombridae fish.
scromber scrombus the most common consumed on these shores.

oily fúckers, the lot of em.

This is fine fish knowledge, i. I salute you.

I also rather love the name 'Scromber Scrombus', which sounds like a schoolboy declining a latin verb.

SWv2
01-04-2019, 12:52 PM

With a poached egg or two for the breakfast??

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:52 PM
I probably best not mention I used to wash them down with a glass of Matues Rose and assumed I was the most sophisticated person.

I miss the 70s.

It's OK, afce. We knew no better then. It was Saddam Hussein's favourite wine, too.

Also, you weren't drinking it in a park.

PSRB
01-04-2019, 12:53 PM
It's all very well to say the defence is horrid, but have you had a butcher's at ours lately?

United will in all probability lose to spurs and we'll beat West Ham, 6 point gap again :-)

Our defence was looking okay until Bellerin and Holding both got knacked

Burney
01-04-2019, 12:53 PM

This is a powerful argument and I think you may have our Dutch chum there, sw.

SWv2
01-04-2019, 12:54 PM
This is a powerful argument and I think you may have our Dutch chum there, sw.

I expect he is typing his correction and indeed apology at this moment.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 12:55 PM

I miss the 70s.

I went for an Indian meal with some friends of friends recently. They took us to their local spot. They were greeted as regulars and, once seated, after a great deal of winking and nudging, a waiter delivered, with some eceremony. Their usual tipple. The drink they look forward to every week. A bottle of Mateus Rosé.

This was in 2018.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 12:56 PM

I suppose it should work, like a poached egg and hollandaise atop smoked haddock... I'll give it a go, since I am an open-minded, scholarly type.

IUFG
01-04-2019, 12:58 PM

I also rather love the name 'Scromber Scrombus', which sounds like a schoolboy declining a latin verb.

in one of my previously lives I worked in the seafood industry.

the factories smelled lovely*

* they didn't

SWv2
01-04-2019, 01:02 PM
I suppose it should work, like a poached egg and hollandaise atop smoked haddock... I'll give it a go, since I am an open-minded, scholarly type.

Hold on. You have never had it before?

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Hold on. You have never had it before?

Kippers with eggs? No, of course I haven't had it before. I am an English gentleman, not some sort of desperate guttersnipe willing to shovel any old shít down his gullet.

IUFG
01-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Kippers with eggs? No, of course I haven't had it before. I am an English gentleman, not some sort of desperate guttersnipe willing to shovel any old shít down his gullet.

Kippers with butter.

nowt else.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Kippers with butter.

nowt else.

Well said, i. (You forgot the wee triangles of brown bread.)

IUFG
01-04-2019, 01:12 PM
(You forgot the wee triangles of brown bread.)

they go without saying, sc

Ash
01-04-2019, 01:40 PM

:nono:

One declines nouns. Verbs are conjugated.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Ash !
:bow:

SWv2
01-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Well said, i. (You forgot the wee triangles of brown bread.)

and the poached eggs.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 03:05 PM

Hello a. How the devil are you, old chum?

Burney
01-04-2019, 03:31 PM

You are, of course, correct. My face is red. It's been such a long time since I conjugated. Sadly, I cannot say the same about declining.

AFC East
01-04-2019, 03:35 PM
It's OK, afce. We knew no better then. It was Saddam Hussein's favourite wine, too.

Also, you weren't drinking it in a park.

Very true. There is the silver lining.

Ash
01-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Hello a. How the devil are you, old chum?

Not too bad, thanks. Been very busy with work, which has been at least useful in the lucre department. Not got around to spending much of it though, apart from a Spotify account and a device to connect my laptop to a pair of decent monitors. Music has flooded back into my life and it is good. I might even play some again this year, if a drunken exchange of messages on NYE turns out to be true.

How's the nose?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Yes. Worth bearing in mind any time people feel like getting nostalgic about David Dein, that.

Are you sure? IIRC, everything that we read at the time was coming solely from Cole's agent. At no point was Dein actually quoted teeling Cole or his agent how much he was getting. The only quote actually attributed to Dein was that he would be getting a pay rise.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Not too bad, thanks. Been very busy with work, which has been at least useful in the lucre department. Not got around to spending much of it though, apart from a Spotify account and a device to connect my laptop to a pair of decent monitors. Music has flooded back into my life and it is good. I might even play some again this year, if a drunken exchange of messages on NYE turns out to be true.

How's the nose?

Hurrah! We'll come and watch you pluck your strings!

Nose needs surgery. Not good.

In better news we're off to Ullswater at the end of the month. Hoping for snow!

Burney
01-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Are you sure? IIRC, everything that we read at the time was coming solely from Cole's agent. At no point was Dein actually quoted teeling Cole or his agent how much he was getting. The only quote actually attributed to Dein was that he would be getting a pay rise.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/jun/05/newsstory.sport5

Burney
01-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Hurrah! We'll come and watch you pluck your strings!

Nose needs surgery. Not good.

In better news we're off to Ullswater at the end of the month. Hoping for snow!

Ah, yes. The nose. Is it a complete re-boring job? Just think of all that lovely oxygen you'll get. Your brain might start functioning on some sort of uber-level and you'll start knowing all about black holes and whatnot. It could be a full Flowers For Algernon job.

Sir C
01-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Ah, yes. The nose. Is it a complete re-boring job? Just think of all that lovely oxygen you'll get. Your brain might start functioning on some sort of uber-level and you'll start knowing all about black holes and whatnot. It could be a full Flowers For Algernon job.

Yes, the steroids apparently failed so it's the full cut and slash. Mind you, he's talking about two weeks off work, and the chances of me getting away from here for two weeks in the foreseeable future are slim to none. So we'll have to see.

Burney
01-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Yes, the steroids apparently failed so it's the full cut and slash. Mind you, he's talking about two weeks off work, and the chances of me getting away from here for two weeks in the foreseeable future are slim to none. So we'll have to see.

Oh, they always say that sort of thing. Couple of days with your feet up and you'll be grand.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-04-2019, 05:21 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/jun/05/newsstory.sport5

Yup, all that does is confirm what I said in my previous response