PDA

View Full Version : I just weighed myself at the gym post holidays

WES
01-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Not good, I gained 3kgs. :-(

And Mrs WES has just informed me that she has purchased scales for Maison WES and they've arrived.

2019 has started really, really sh1t. :-(

IUFG
01-02-2019, 01:04 PM

And Mrs WES has just informed me that she has purchased scales for Maison WES and they've arrived.

Innit

92kgs...

Must do more running, less currying and lagering.

sad, sad seens imo

Viva Prat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Wesley will have to sweat it off

Sir C
01-02-2019, 01:07 PM

What are you weighing in at these days, Lard Boy?

Sir C
01-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Innit

92kgs...

sad, sad seens imo

Fúck me, I hope you're 6' 7.

IUFG
01-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Fúck me, I hope you're 6' 7.

180 cms, sc

Whatever that is in old money. 5 ft 10" ?

barrybueno
01-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Innit

92kgs...

sad, sad seens imo

I just converted that to English and you Sir, are a fat *******! (you might not be, I've no idea how tall you are)

Just weighed myself and I'm 14 stone :hehe: I need to lose some weight or grow about 6 inches imo

Rich
01-02-2019, 01:14 PM

6lbs for me so I’m giving up eating for January.

Fat shame me. I’m a fat lump of lard. Disgusted with myself.

IUFG
01-02-2019, 01:15 PM
I just converted that to English and you Sir, are a fat *******! (you might not be, I've no idea how tall you are)

Just weighed myself and I'm 14 stone :hehe: I need to lose some weight or grow about 6 inches imo

I must admit, when playing football, I appear to be harder to knock off the ball nowadays.
every cloud, etc

IUFG
01-02-2019, 01:18 PM
180 cms, sc

Whatever that is in old money. 5 ft 10" ?

Just measured myself* in the medical room at work.

Bonus - I'm 91.5kgs and 182 cms.

I can have an extra pint tonight :lager:

* not a euphemism - for the more puerile of you

WES
01-02-2019, 01:18 PM
What are you weighing in at these days, Lard Boy?

97.3 kgs, 214 lbs or 15 stone 4 lbs - choose your units.

Was 94.3 when the hols started and down to 92.1 when I left for holiday in October. It's been all downhill since. Who would have known that two 2 1/2 hour walks in the Lakes wouldn't manage to counter 12 days of alcohol abuse and rich food consumption. :shrug:

WES
01-02-2019, 01:19 PM
97.3 kgs, 214 lbs or 15 stone 4 lbs - choose your units.

Was 94.3 when the hols started and down to 92.1 when I left for holiday in October. It's been all downhill since. Who would have known that two 2 1/2 hour walks in the Lakes wouldn't manage to counter 12 days of alcohol abuse and rich food consumption. :shrug:

In mitigation, for those who have not met me I am 6'3" of muscle and bone. And now some more fat. :-(

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Innit

92kgs...

sad, sad seens imo

I was up there. but lost a load at the beginning of 2017. took about 6 months and shifted 14kgs easy.

hasn't come back even my 32 waist jeans are loose these days.

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:30 PM
In mitigation, for those who have not met me I am 6'3" of muscle and bone. And now some more fat. :-(

it's all water weight you can shift it easy. restrict the carbs you'll be fine in 2 weeks

Viva Prat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:37 PM
I might have to undertake an entirely foreign concept called sit-ups to shift the baby fat on my midriff
Walking is not enough

WES
01-02-2019, 01:39 PM
it's all water weight you can shift it easy. restrict the carbs you'll be fine in 2 weeks

Love your optimism, Pat :thumbup:

Generally post hols it takes me about 3-4 weeks to get back to the 92kg or so range and given my natural size and my refusal to diet or significantly reduce my alcohol intake that's really the best I'm going to do.

Exercise 4 times a week, eat healthy breakfasts and lunch as much as possible and try to limit my drinking Mon-Thu is the best I can do so 92kg it is.

Monty92
01-02-2019, 01:42 PM
It will simply strengthen your abdominal muscles hidden behind the mounds of stomach lard

I might have to undertake an entirely foreign concept called sit-ups to shift the baby fat on my midriff
Walking is not enough

Billy Goat Sverige
01-02-2019, 01:42 PM

I went up from 85kg to 86kg. Quite impressed with myself to be honest. I had lost 2kg before christmas as well due to a mixture of having man flu on and off for 5 weeks plus a bout of food poisoning.

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:44 PM
It will simply strengthen your abdominal muscles hidden behind the mounds of stomach lard

there is one small benefit. working the muscle behind the abs does pull it in.
but as you say you need to shed the fat.

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:45 PM
I went up from 85kg to 86kg. Quite impressed with myself to be honest. I had lost 2kg before christmas as well due to a mixture of having man flu on and off for 5 weeks plus a bout of food poisoning.

I am quite surprised. On xmas eve I had a pizza as I was busy preparing stuff for the dinner.
eat loads of stuff on xmas day and drunk.
on boxing day i was one kilo less than I was on christmas eve morning :sherlock:

Viva Prat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:46 PM
I can feel the abs buried beneath the mound mid-sit-up
What must I undertake to diminish the minor mound?

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:47 PM
I can feel the abs buried beneath the mound mid-sit-up
What must I undertake to diminish the minor mound?

if you can handle it. keto diet/atkins or similar will get rid of it

Billy Goat Sverige
01-02-2019, 01:48 PM
I am quite surprised. On xmas eve I had a pizza as I was busy preparing stuff for the dinner.
eat loads of stuff on xmas day and drunk.
on boxing day i was one kilo less than I was on christmas eve morning :sherlock:

I came over and had christmas with my mum and dad but didn't really touch the tubs of sweets or any of the other ****. I think constantly running around making sure my kid didn't wreck their house stopped me from having time to eat anything. The worst thing i had was probably three Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:49 PM
I will look up the word 'keto' and get back to you
:thumbup:

I have heard Atkins plays havoc with the breath

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:50 PM

:nod: chewing gum may be needed. this is due to ketones in your blood.
but it works tremendously.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-02-2019, 01:57 PM
It looks to be a case of switching fuel supply
I like the biological science behind ketone molecules
Bit surprised to learn that fruit needs to go but otherwise it looks manageable
Will also have to watch the blood pressure drop

Thanks for the advice Brother Pat

barrybueno
01-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Now is not the time my little yellow friend...

Pat Vegas
01-02-2019, 02:02 PM
It looks to be a case of switching fuel supply
I like the biological science behind ketone molecules
Bit surprised to learn that fruit needs to go but otherwise it looks manageable
Will also have to watch the blood pressure drop

Thanks for the advice Brother Pat

:nod: I actually enjoyed it as it felt rather scientific. then people would ask me what I did and then would say oooh I couldn't do that.

Tony C
01-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Joe Rogan said the best and worst thing about the Keto diet was binging on McDonalds several months later.

Said the initial high was like being on mushrooms but then came one of the worst crashes he ever had as his buddy tried to comprehend what it was digesting.

:clap: