PDA

View Full Version : Oh, look! Our only moment of creativity and only goal came via a player this

Burney
12-22-2018, 01:26 PM
snaggle-toothed Spic cùnt is doing his best to drive out of the club.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-22-2018, 02:52 PM

. . . . . . . .

AFC East
12-23-2018, 01:19 AM
And he kept Ramsey on the bench, just in case he did something exciting.

7sisters
12-23-2018, 10:51 AM

. . . . . . . .

Point of order, H. Dago is more generic Mediterranean. B was correct with his original, racist slur..

Tony C
12-23-2018, 03:12 PM
My weird theory...Maybe the Mad Spaniard is saving him for the 2nd half of the season ie Europa League Knock Out games and Premier League games where well drilled defences start to get tired and worn out as they can’t keep up with a long season.

Might also give him the best chance of cashing in on him ie Ozil wins us the Europa League :wave: enjoy Madrid or Paris and hello Jadon Sancho :cloud9:

Wouldn’t be the first time a coach has deliberately done this to target one final charge late in the season.

Just one thing...that 1st goal yesterday and people ****ing themselves off over his pass to Kolasinac.

1. You honestly don’t think Ozil saw Kolasinac thundering forward? He started his sprint near the half line :shrug:

2. There’s a freeze frame people are looking at in which Kolasinac is not in shot when Ozil makes the pass. Firstly - see point 1 and secondly it’s a bad camera angle ffs. Jesus Christ. You can do that with pretty much every camera shot.

3. Kolasinac and Aboomerang deserve as much praise for the goal. If not more. Kolasinac was the one sprinting and then had to find another gear to reach the ball before it went out of play and then first time touch it back precisely to Aboomerang who also had to hit it first time to score. People going on like he’s Bergkamp when there was still of tonne of work to do to score that goal.

Kolasinac was on some serious next level sh*t yesterday. Brutal forward runs...savage imo

We need him for the rest of the season.

WES
12-23-2018, 03:44 PM
And he kept Ramsey on the bench, just in case he did something exciting.

The first two goals were a joy to watch.

But this isn’t good enough for you? :hehe:

AFC East
12-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Did you watch the whole game? My condolences if you did.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Point of order, H. Dago is more generic Mediterranean. B was correct with his original, racist slur..

are wops.

. . . . .

WES
12-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Did you watch the whole game? My condolences if you did.

Yes, and I enjoyed it. Compared to the endless array of 90 minutes of sideways passing with no goal threat games that we’ve been watching under Wenger (when we weren’t getting hammered 6-0) for the past 4 years or so it was a positive joy.

Honestly, if you can’t watch your team win 3-1 and score two beautiful goals it might be an idea to pack the whole thing in. I think Burney is just on a wind up, BTW, so you might want to consider how ridiculous you look.

IUFG
12-24-2018, 08:37 AM
My weird theory...Maybe the Mad Spaniard is saving him for the 2nd half of the season ie Europa League Knock Out games and Premier League games where well drilled defences start to get tired and worn out as they can’t keep up with a long season.

Might also give him the best chance of cashing in on him ie Ozil wins us the Europa League :wave: enjoy Madrid or Paris and hello Jadon Sancho :cloud9:

Wouldn’t be the first time a coach has deliberately done this to target one final charge late in the season.

Just one thing...that 1st goal yesterday and people ****ing themselves off over his pass to Kolasinac.

1. You honestly don’t think Ozil saw Kolasinac thundering forward? He started his sprint near the half line :shrug:

2. There’s a freeze frame people are looking at in which Kolasinac is not in shot when Ozil makes the pass. Firstly - see point 1 and secondly it’s a bad camera angle ffs. Jesus Christ. You can do that with pretty much every camera shot.

3. Kolasinac and Aboomerang deserve as much praise for the goal. If not more. Kolasinac was the one sprinting and then had to find another gear to reach the ball before it went out of play and then first time touch it back precisely to Aboomerang who also had to hit it first time to score. People going on like he’s Bergkamp when there was still of tonne of work to do to score that goal.

Kolasinac was on some serious next level sh*t yesterday. Brutal forward runs...savage imo

We need him for the rest of the season.

Kolasinac was brilliant on Saturday.

Ozil - great pass and I thought he put a decent shift in, as they say.

Barnes - how the **** did he not get sent off during the course of the match? The ref let far too much go, by modern standards, and really had nowhere to go other than the flurry of yellow cards.

Dyche - I saw his interview on Sky. He can fúck right off with his selective vision

AFC East
12-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Yes, and I enjoyed it. Compared to the endless array of 90 minutes of sideways passing with no goal threat games that we’ve been watching under Wenger (when we weren’t getting hammered 6-0) for the past 4 years or so it was a positive joy.

Honestly, if you can’t watch your team win 3-1 and score two beautiful goals it might be an idea to pack the whole thing in. I think Burney is just on a wind up, BTW, so you might want to consider how ridiculous you look.

I think Garth Crooks summed our midfield up, have a look at his team of the week piece. He is spot on.

When Ozil and Ramsey are dropped we have a midfield incapable of creating a thing. On Saturday we could barely keep the ball because we have a team composed of cloggers. Ozil did light up the place a couple of times, but when you are passing the ball to Iwobi, Elneny and Guendouzi there is only so much you can do.

The jury will be out for sometime on Emery, but I find the levels of praise and optimism laughable. Especially from the JCL bunch.

Sir C
12-24-2018, 09:51 AM
I think Garth Crooks summed our midfield up, have a look at his team of the week piece. He is spot on.

When Ozil and Ramsey are dropped we have a midfield incapable of creating a thing. On Saturday we could barely keep the ball because we have a team composed of cloggers. Ozil did light up the place a couple of times, but when you are passing the ball to Iwobi, Elneny and Guendouzi there is only so much you can do.

The jury will be out for sometime on Emery, but I find the levels of praise and optimism laughable. Especially from the JCL bunch.

Perhaps some cohesive plan or personality will appear eventually, but at the moment I have no idea who or what this team is or what it is trying to do. Just working hard to be efficient is a good basis, but there must for something more than that, surely?

IUFG
12-24-2018, 09:55 AM

tbf, I though Emery got his tactics and squad selection (from those available) spot on, to play a bunch a thugs like Burnley.

Loved it that Sokratis never once took a backward step when their forwards, quite clearly,had instructions to wind him and Xhaka up

Sir C
12-24-2018, 09:58 AM
tbf, I though Emery got his tactics and squad selection (from those available) spot on, to play a bunch a thugs like Burnley.

Loved it that Sokratis never once took a backward step when their forwards, quite clearly,had instructions to wind him and Xhaka up

Papa is quite rapidly becoming my favourite player. :hehe:

We haven't seen such shíthousery since Keown retired.

IUFG
12-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Papa is quite rapidly becoming my favourite player. :hehe:

We haven't seen such shíthousery since Keown retired.

More of that shíthousery is needed throughout the squad imo

AFC East
12-25-2018, 12:28 AM
Perhaps some cohesive plan or personality will appear eventually, but at the moment I have no idea who or what this team is or what it is trying to do. Just working hard to be efficient is a good basis, but there must for something more than that, surely?

I certainly hope so and perhaps, as you say, fitness and organisation are the simple foundation. It is going to be difficult to watch until some cohesive plan takes shape.

WES
12-26-2018, 08:35 AM
I certainly hope so and perhaps, as you say, fitness and organisation are the simple foundation. It is going to be difficult to watch until some cohesive plan takes shape.

Out of interest, what was the cohesive plan under Wenger?

It seems rather obvious that Emery wants to play a higher line, press up the pitch more and attack more quickly and directly. This leaves us open at the back but I find the more direct football to be a breath of fresh air after the possession based, innocuous football we had under Wenger over the last 4-5 years, it frequently bored me senseless. If you haven’t noticed we’ve scored some quite stunning goals this season including two in the last game.

Still lots of work to do, of course, but as we’re on a pace to concede the same number of goals as last season while scoring 13 more and finishing 15 points ahead of where we were last season I’m not too sure why any Arsenal supporter wouldn’t be very pleased with the first 5 months under Unai.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-26-2018, 09:42 AM
I’m not too sure why any Arsenal supporter wouldn’t be very pleased with the first 5 months under Unai.

Well then allow me to explain to you my moose brained syrup guzzling friend.

It has nothing to do with his abilities as a footballing coach and strategist. It is that his coiffure, command of English and aversion to good dentistry are so manifestly appalling.

I have, incidentally, just seen Herr Klopp talking with lyrical charm and insight into the title race. He is far more articulate and interesting than our mumbling old Clousea mimic ever was and, most importantly, what a set of ivories! The man has a thousand yard smile.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQTJYecWAAIValN.jpg

AFC East
12-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Out of interest, what was the cohesive plan under Wenger?

If you don’t understand Arsene’s football ethos after 22 years of watching it. I’m not going to be able to inform you in an awimb post.

WES
12-26-2018, 06:13 PM
If you don’t understand Arsene’s football ethos after 22 years of watching it. I’m not going to be able to inform you in an awimb post.

Oh so we’ve gone from ‘cohesive plan’ to ‘ethos’ in one smooth step there, have we? :hehe:

What a load of sh1t. What you’re really saying is that you don’t like change regardless of how obvious the need was so you’re going to moan about Emery no matter how good the results. Since the results are hard to argue with you come up with garbage like ‘cohesive plan’ and then when pushed to explain what this is you deflect to ‘ethos’ or other such nonsense.

The reality is that we have taken significant steps forward under Emery in no small part because of how poor Wenger was performing and you can’t come to accept it no matter how much qualitative or quantitative evidence there is.

Enjoy your moaning, the rest of us are enjoying the football. :wave:

AFC East
12-26-2018, 11:28 PM
Oh so we’ve gone from ‘cohesive plan’ to ‘ethos’ in one smooth step there, have we? :hehe:

What a load of sh1t. What you’re really saying is that you don’t like change regardless of how obvious the need was so you’re going to moan about Emery no matter how good the results. Since the results are hard to argue with you come up with garbage like ‘cohesive plan’ and then when pushed to explain what this is you deflect to ‘ethos’ or other such nonsense.

The reality is that we have taken significant steps forward under Emery in no small part because of how poor Wenger was performing and you can’t come to accept it no matter how much qualitative or quantitative evidence there is.

Enjoy your moaning, the rest of us are enjoying the football. :wave:

I’m not saying any of those things, but I don’t have time to explain otherwise. Your fellow posters don’t aeem to agree with you about enjoying the football. Today he took off Ozil for tactical reasons and we didn’t create a single chance after that. Great viewing.

Tony C
12-27-2018, 02:19 AM
We always knew it would take Unai at least 3 transfer windows to sort out this c rap.

No wonder Luis Enrique and Allegri wanted assurances of £200m a season to spend.

We simply aren’t good enough if we can’t beat this lot. Mind you...it’s an improvement on last season because we would’ve 100% lost this under Arsene.

A hard Wegxit was always going to mean some tough times but the good times will come back.

You don’t need Ozil to create chances imo

A well oiled team will do this naturally but unfortunately there are too many with Arsene DNA still left.

Word is we’ve identified a new centre half (Fernando Calero) so hopefully he signs on 1 Jan with Blackpool his 1st game.

Also the Ever Banega rumours have restarted.

We need someone with his guile and skill...one player to replace 4 - Ozil, Ramsey, Xhaka and Mhikiwhatever.

Get him and slot him in with Gwen and Torreira. He’s what those two need.