PDA

View Full Version : I hope all these Tory MPs coming out and backing May turn into

Billy Goat Sverige
12-12-2018, 08:56 AM
The lying ********s they are when it comes to casting their vote this evening. Put this daft cow out of her misery.

IUFG
12-12-2018, 09:39 AM
The lying ********s they are when it comes to casting their vote this evening. Put this daft cow out of her misery.

The current (for now) PM was handed an overflowing bucket of shít by Cameron and every single other MP, of any persuasion, has used that bucket of Brexit shít for personal and party political gain.

In short, they are all massive ****s.

Brexit will not happen. mark my words...

WES
12-12-2018, 09:46 AM
The current (for now) PM was handed an overflowing bucket of shít by Cameron and every single other MP, of any persuasion, has used that bucket of Brexit shít for personal and party political gain.

She's been very unlucky and treated very badly by all sides but there is no option now but to change leaders. The new leader will charge in claiming to have all the solutions and shortly find themselves in the exact same situation that May is in.

And at that point it will come down to figuring out a way to Remain or getting on with no deal. Personally, I'd like to see parliament vote on that. Make them all put their b0llocks on the line and let their constituents know where they stand so they can't weasel out of any responsibility. They either reject the result of the vote or man/woman/trans up and make the best of no deal and live with the consequences.

It's the cretins like Boris who sit on the fence proposing things that can't work and criticizing everyone and everything that wind me up.

Rich
12-12-2018, 10:10 AM

Tend to agree that it won't happen as there is simply too much to lose and not enough to gain. But what do you see the mechanics of getting to no Brexit being? Second referendum?

Burney
12-12-2018, 03:05 PM

She wasn't 'handed' anything. She asked for and got what she wanted. She has handled these negotiations with breathtaking incompetence and has damn near broken the Tory party in the process. I hope she dies painfully.
And I don't see any realistic mechanism whereby Brexit doesn't happen in whatever form.

Sir C
12-12-2018, 03:19 PM
She wasn't 'handed' anything. She asked for and got what she wanted. She has handled these negotiations with breathtaking incompetence and has damn near broken the Tory party in the process. I hope she dies painfully.
And I don't see any realistic mechanism whereby Brexit doesn't happen in whatever form.

It's not going to happen. :-( Ol' Jacob has shot his bolt too early. She'll survive this afternoon, go back to Brussels in January, fudge, fudge, more fudge, delay article 50, fudge fudge fudge, civil unrest but no Brexit.

I have seen the future, and it stinks.

Tony C
12-12-2018, 03:25 PM
She is 1/8 to win and 5/1 to lose in the Vote if No Confidence market.

WES
12-12-2018, 03:30 PM

What should she have done differently and what do you think the outcome would have been?

Or are you just another gob****e who can only criticize without any realistic alternatives. Like Boris. And Corbyn. That's some nice company you're keeping there.

Burney
12-12-2018, 03:30 PM
It's not going to happen. :-( Ol' Jacob has shot his bolt too early. She'll survive this afternoon, go back to Brussels in January, fudge, fudge, more fudge, delay article 50, fudge fudge fudge, civil unrest but no Brexit.

I have seen the future, and it stinks.

I simply don’t believe that reversing Brexit is politically feasible. If you think what we have now is chaos, an open attempt by the establishment to overturn the largest democratic exercise in British history will be infinitely worse. Knicker-wetting little queers like Rich who simper girlishly about how ‘damaging’ Brexit is will need a whole new word to define the damage not implementing Brexit will do.

Tony C
12-12-2018, 03:33 PM
It wasn’t even a fair vote.

Loads of foreigners were allowed to vote because they hailed from commonwealth countries (2-3 million maybe more).

My ex boss is a Kiwi and he applied and was given a vote. What a joke.

If you scrub those votes it’s even more of win for the Leave camp.

Burney
12-12-2018, 03:38 PM
What should she have done differently and what do you think the outcome would have been?

Or are you just another gob****e who can only criticize without any realistic alternatives. Like Boris. And Corbyn. That's some nice company you're keeping there.

She ought to have begun by preparing properly for no deal from the very start. By ruling it out, she gave the EU no incentive whatsoever to negotiate rather than simply dictating terms.
She ought never to have set out any red lines - least of all over Ireland. This simply told the enemy what her vulnerabilities were and they’ve used them ruthlessly to nail us to the ground.
Most importantly, however, she ought to have picked a side - naturally the side that won. The attempt to negotiate a deal that satisfies all over a binary issue was utterly doomed from the start and has simply given traitorous remainer scum encouragement to undermine our negotiating position.

She is, in short, a cùnt.

Sir C
I simply don’t believe that reversing Brexit is politically feasible. If you think what we have now is chaos, an open attempt by the establishment to overturn the largest democratic exercise in British history will be infinitely worse. Knicker-wetting little queers like Rich who simper girlishly about how ‘damaging’ Brexit is will need a whole new word to define the damage not implementing Brexit will do.

Yes, but consider the demographic of those who voted leave and would be outraged by a reversal of Brexit; a large number of them are middle-aged and many of them middle-class. I can imagine some protest marches and Farage spitting feathers on TV, but talk of civil war is hyperbolic. The TV and print media, led by Our BBC, will simply sweep it all under the carpet and after a brief period of mild aggravation, we'll all move on.

Democracy will have been betrayed, but whaddya gonna do?

Herbert Augustus Chapman

Brexit is binned then b? Apart from a legion incandescent, swivel eyed old tory tossres like you taking to social media and fulminating for the next 10 years and a few northern shítholes going up in flames?

Sir C
12-12-2018, 03:40 PM

Well, for a start, very visibly making preparations for 'no deal' might at least have convinced our drunken Belgian friends that she was actually interested in negotitating, rather than rolling over. :shrug:

Burney
12-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Yes, but consider the demographic of those who voted leave and would be outraged by a reversal of Brexit; a large number of them are middle-aged and many of them middle-class. I can imagine some protest marches and Farage spitting feathers on TV, but talk of civil war is hyperbolic. The TV and print media, led by Our BBC, will simply sweep it all under the carpet and after a brief period of mild aggravation, we'll all move on.

Those demographics are very similar to the demographics of those who’ve been setting Paris on fire for the last four weekends. :shrug:

Sir C
12-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Brexit is binned then b? Apart from a legion incandescent, swivel eyed old tory tossres like you taking to social media and fulminating for the next 10 years and a few northern shítholes going up in flames?

Ah, Terrible Golgotha, that's my nickname for your mum's mingepiece h.

Sir C
12-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Those demographics are very similar to the demographics of those who’ve been setting Paris on fire for the last four weekends. :shrug:

JRM, Nigel and Carswell at the barricades? Colonel Hardly-Worthit (ret'd) preparing Molotov cocktails?

Can't see it, man.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Ah, Terrible Golgotha, that's my nickname for your mum's mingepiece h.

You see how difficult reasoned and informed debate is when you insist on dragging everything down to this infantile level?

Your mum's got a fanny like a ripped out fireplace c.

Burney
12-12-2018, 03:47 PM
JRM, Nigel and Carswell at the barricades? Colonel Hardly-Worthit (ret'd) preparing Molotov cocktails?

Can't see it, man.

Very odd idea of the pro-Leave vote you have. Consider Essex.

Sir C
12-12-2018, 03:48 PM
You see how difficult reasoned and informed debate is when you insist on dragging everything down to this infantile level?

Your mum's got a fanny like a ripped out fireplace c.

:sigh: 12 years this January, h. I miss my Ma :-(

Sir C
12-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Very odd idea of the pro-Leave vote you have. Consider Essex.

My dear old chum, as you well know I take it as a matter of principle never to consider Essex.

Seriously. They're not the sort of Essexians to take to the streets.

Burney
12-12-2018, 04:06 PM
My dear old chum, as you well know I take it as a matter of principle never to consider Essex.

Seriously. They're not the sort of Essexians to take to the streets.

I’m sure they said the same about Wat Tyler.
Oliver Cromwell was a lowly squire and unremarkable MP - until he wasn’t.

Nobody’s that sort - until they are.

bbrian
12-12-2018, 04:10 PM

Surely that would make them look like bigger cűnts ? ...is there someone that actually wants to be PM at this point btw? Watching from afar its fascinating stuff

WES
12-12-2018, 04:11 PM
She ought to have begun by preparing properly for no deal from the very start. By ruling it out, she gave the EU no incentive whatsoever to negotiate rather than simply dictating terms.
She ought never to have set out any red lines - least of all over Ireland. This simply told the enemy what her vulnerabilities were and they’ve used them ruthlessly to nail us to the ground.
Most importantly, however, she ought to have picked a side - naturally the side that won. The attempt to negotiate a deal that satisfies all over a binary issue was utterly doomed from the start and has simply given traitorous remainer scum encouragement to undermine our negotiating position.

She is, in short, a cùnt.

It was hardly May that ruled out no deal - it was most of Parliament. Not to mention the governor of the B of E and an endless array of business leaders. There was never any chance that the EU wouldn't see through the no deal threat, had she gone in and said 'we're prepared for no deal' the would have said 'go ahead then'. And regardless of her red lines the EU was never going to let Ireland be hammered - as they have said clearly, without a backstop there is no deal.

Nothing you have said makes any clear argument for us getting a deal any different than we have now had we negotiated differently. I have yet to hear anyone come up with one, not Rees-Mogg, not Boris, no one. And when they get pushed on how impossible our negotiating position is they inevitably admit that the only realistic alternative is no deal.

She was in an impossible position and we'll end up where we were always going to end up; Remain or no deal. There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent that. BTW, I consider the Norway option to be Remain, because it really is.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2018, 04:13 PM
:sigh: 12 years this January, h. I miss my Ma :-(

Me too c. And I never really appreciated mine while she was here :cry:

Burney
12-12-2018, 04:18 PM

The rest of us did, though, h! :thumbup:

Sir C
12-12-2018, 04:19 PM

Mine was possessed of a, shall we say, powerful personality. Very much the matriarch, she was.

When I was young all my mates were terrified of her, but when they had a problem they'd come creeping round asking for advice. Even my mate with the genital warts. :hehe:

Burney
12-12-2018, 04:27 PM
It was hardly May that ruled out no deal - it was most of Parliament. Not to mention the governor of the B of E and an endless array of business leaders. There was never any chance that the EU wouldn't see through the no deal threat, had she gone in and said 'we're prepared for no deal' the would have said 'go ahead then'. And regardless of her red lines the EU was never going to let Ireland be hammered - as they have said clearly, without a backstop there is no deal.

Nothing you have said makes any clear argument for us getting a deal any different than we have now had we negotiated differently. I have yet to hear anyone come up with one, not Rees-Mogg, not Boris, no one. And when they get pushed on how impossible our negotiating position is they inevitably admit that the only realistic alternative is no deal.

She was in an impossible position and we'll end up where we were always going to end up; Remain or no deal. There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent that. BTW, I consider the Norway option to be Remain, because it really is.

What the fùck has it got to do with the Governor of the Bank of England or business leaders, ffs?

Your thick-headed failure to grasp that BREXIT IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS makes you wholly unqualified to have this discussion and you ought probably to stop trying until such time as you can hammer that simple idea into your bonce.

Before she started ‘negotiating’, she removed everything the EU feared - a hard border in Ireland; no £39 billion; no deal; kicking out EU citizens - from her arsenal. As a result, they’ve fùcked her arsewise - because she’d thrown away all our strongest cards. By any conceivable standards that is písspoor negotiation. The ONLY way you get anything from the EU is by playing hardball and brinkmanship. She ante’d up and folded before anyone has even bet.

Burney
12-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Mine was possessed of a, shall we say, powerful personality. Very much the matriarch, she was.

When I was young all my mates were terrified of her, but when they had a problem they'd come creeping round asking for advice. Even my mate with the genital warts. :hehe:

What did your sainted ma know of genital warts, for goodness’ sake?

Sir C
12-12-2018, 04:31 PM
What did your sainted ma know of genital warts, for goodness’ sake?

Oh she was that sort of lady. She was an expert in absolutely every matter under the sun. She had trained as a nurse during the war so I suppose she had some basic medical knowledge, but I don't imagine her advice extended much further than, 'Go to see your doctor'.

Some people just need to hear common sense spoken, don't they? And she was famed for her common sense.

Tony C
12-12-2018, 04:35 PM
From the BBC

So far, 174 Tory MPs have publicly said they will vote for her - although the ballot will be secret.

Although the ballot will be secret :clap:

Burney
12-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Oh she was that sort of lady. She was an expert in absolutely every matter under the sun. She had trained as a nurse during the war so I suppose she had some basic medical knowledge, but I don't imagine her advice extended much further than, 'Go to see your doctor'.

Some people just need to hear common sense spoken, don't they? And she was famed for her common sense.

Well I suppose we must just hope the silly boy didn’t show her his shameful growths.

Tony C
12-12-2018, 04:40 PM
From Betfair....

Event Start Time
12 December 2018 18:00

Rules
Win Only Market
MARKET INFORMATION
For further information please see Rules & Regs.

What will be the result of the Tory No Confidence Vote in Theresa May? Theresa May win means the motion of no confidence vote has been defeated. If the actual vote does not take place on 12/12/2018 then market will be void The market will be settled once the result of the vote has officially been announced.

. At 18:00 on 12/12/2018 this market will be turned in-play with unmatched bets cancelled. Thereafter this market will not be actively managed and customers are responsible for their own positions at all times.

For clarification this market refers to the confidence vote on Theresa May's Leadership of the Conservative Party due to be held on 12/12/2018. Theresa May Win will be settled as a winner if on the announcement of the result she received the most votes in the Confidence Vote to stay on as leader of the Conservative Party.

Took a bit of the 7/1 for her to lose.

WES
12-12-2018, 05:21 PM
What the fùck has it got to do with the Governor of the Bank of England or business leaders, ffs?

Your thick-headed failure to grasp that BREXIT IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS makes you wholly unqualified to have this discussion and you ought probably to stop trying until such time as you can hammer that simple idea into your bonce.

Before she started ‘negotiating’, she removed everything the EU feared - a hard border in Ireland; no £39 billion; no deal; kicking out EU citizens - from her arsenal. As a result, they’ve fùcked her arsewise - because she’d thrown away all our strongest cards. By any conceivable standards that is písspoor negotiation. The ONLY way you get anything from the EU is by playing hardball and brinkmanship. She ante’d up and folded before anyone has even bet.

Brexit is not about business :clap: :clap:

You artsies really are f*cking thick and out of touch with reality. That's probably the funniest thing I've read on the subject, well it would be if it wasn't so tragically stupid.

And even if you choose to ignore the practical implications of Brexit, the point that you massively missed as your head was stuck up your arse, is that the EU very much would have been listening to the governor of the B of E and all those business leaders and would have been very aware of the pressure that was putting on May and that would have impacted their attitude during negotiations.

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious to most people. Possibly not you.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2018, 05:40 PM

Oi Mrs c'smum, about these genital warts you gave me!

I'm leaving already ... taxi!

Burney
12-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Brexit is not about business :clap: :clap:

You artsies really are f*cking thick and out of touch with reality. That's probably the funniest thing I've read on the subject, well it would be if it wasn't so tragically stupid.

And even if you choose to ignore the practical implications of Brexit, the point that you massively missed as your head was stuck up your arse, is that the EU very much would have been listening to the governor of the B of E and all those business leaders and would have been very aware of the pressure that was putting on May and that would have impacted their attitude during negotiations.

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious to most people. Possibly not you.

No. It’s not - and never was. It affects business, but it is not about business. It is about ideas like nationhood, pride, self-determination, political sovereignty, representation and what it means to be a democracy.
These ideas lead some people to have these things called principles. Sadly, you simply don’t have any of these because you are a man with little if any intellectual or emotional depth and cannot conceive that some people might think think that principles matter more than money because all you can ever see are numbers.
It’s a disability, really. You assume everyone thinks like you because you lack the empathy or intellectual range to understand that not everyone is wired like you. You’re like a man who’s been blind since birth who therefore assumes the whole world is black. You are quite unable to think beyond your tiny, narrow little worldview.

Tony C
12-12-2018, 09:03 PM
200 to 117 to stay

WES
12-13-2018, 08:55 AM
No. It’s not - and never was. It affects business, but it is not about business. It is about ideas like nationhood, pride, self-determination, political sovereignty, representation and what it means to be a democracy.
These ideas lead some people to have these things called principles. Sadly, you simply don’t have any of these because you are a man with little if any intellectual or emotional depth and cannot conceive that some people might think think that principles matter more than money because all you can ever see are numbers.
It’s a disability, really. You assume everyone thinks like you because you lack the empathy or intellectual range to understand that not everyone is wired like you. You’re like a man who’s been blind since birth who therefore assumes the whole world is black. You are quite unable to think beyond your tiny, narrow little worldview.

Funny, you just described yourself perfectly there. I wouldn't change a word.

Rich
12-13-2018, 09:42 AM

Well May's compromise means that A) I will not have to live in Netherlands/Germany/Ireland to stay with my other half and B) I can import wine from France and Italy without paying import duty. :cloud9:

These are, of course, the important things.

Rich
12-13-2018, 09:46 AM

I agree that is what it means to you. However, the vast majority of those that voted leave did so because they didn't like foreign (EU and non-EU) folk claiming benefits, want to earn more money, want more job opportunities etc.

The reality, at least with the final two points, is that people would be worse off. Ultimately, people care about their own quality of life and in the short to medium term, there is absolutely no doubt that they will be better off in the EU (or with May's compromise/semi-Brexit).

SWv2
12-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Well May's compromise means that A) I will not have to live in Netherlands/Germany/Ireland to stay with my other half and B) I can import wine from France and Italy without paying import duty. :cloud9:

These are, of course, the important things.

Why won't you pay duty from France / Italy?

Rich
12-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Why won't you pay duty from France / Italy?

Because May's deal keeps the GB and NI in the Customs Union.

SWv2
12-13-2018, 09:58 AM

Okay, fair enough.

I thought the whole point was to leave it.

Sir C
12-13-2018, 10:01 AM
Okay, fair enough.

We're not allowed to, apparently. Because what we vote for is irrelevant. Apparently.

WES
12-13-2018, 10:02 AM
I agree that is what it means to you. However, the vast majority of those that voted leave did so because they didn't like foreign (EU and non-EU) folk claiming benefits, want to earn more money, want more job opportunities etc.

The reality, at least with the final two points, is that people would be worse off. Ultimately, people care about their own quality of life and in the short to medium term, there is absolutely no doubt that they will be better off in the EU (or with May's compromise/semi-Brexit).

Now you see, Rich, after all this time you finally made yourself useful.

Yes, you are exactly correct, Burney represents a tiny minority of people who voted for Brexit because of his 'principles'. His failure to recognize this is because of....... you know what, I won't bother. Just read his post again where he describes himself perfectly while missing how incredibly ironic it is that he does so while trying to describe someone else (me).

:hehe:

Rich
12-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Okay, fair enough.

Speaking generally, I think the below lists the things we like and dislike as a country.

Customs Union/Free trade/Single market
Visa-less travel

Dislike

Free movement of people
Having to give lots of money to the likes of Greece and Ireland
Being told by Brussels what to do

WES
12-13-2018, 10:05 AM

If her deal were to go through, you mean. And not only does it keep us in the CU while we negotiate our exit terms, during that period we get all the benefit of being in the EU without having to pay them any money, having control of our borders and being able to deviate from their regulations in all but a few areas.

Yet somehow this is a horrible deal and a travesty and May is a cund etc etc etc

Honestly, you couldn't make some of these halfwits up if you tried.

Rich
12-13-2018, 10:10 AM
If her deal were to go through, you mean. And not only does it keep us in the CU while we negotiate our exit terms, during that period we get all the benefit of being in the EU without having to pay them any money, having control of our borders and being able to deviate from their regulations in all but a few areas.

Yet somehow this is a horrible deal and a travesty and May is a cund etc etc etc

Honestly, you couldn't make some of these halfwits up if you tried.

I think that May got most of what she asked for, tbh. A negotiation is a compromise and given that nobody wanted a hard/no-deal Brexit, the EU were hardly going to bend over and give May everything she asked for.

She's damned if she does and damned if she does. I, for one, admire her resilience.

SWv2
12-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Speaking generally, I think the below lists the things we like and dislike as a country.

Customs Union/Free trade/Single market
Visa-less travel

Dislike

Free movement of people
Having to give lots of money to the likes of Greece and Ireland
Being told by Brussels what to do

Is this not slightly contradictory as in you want to have it but you don't want others to have it?

Rich
12-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Is this not slightly contradictory as in you want to have it but you don't want others to have it?

Sort of, but not exactly. We have no problem with foreign folk coming over for a holiday, spending some money & then returned from whence they came. We do have a problem with foreign folk coming here to settle.

We do not ask for the right to settle within the EU. What we ask is that we can still visit Tuscany/Bordeaux/Corsica etc without having to go through the palava of obtaining a visa.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-13-2018, 02:53 PM
We're not allowed to, apparently. Because what we vote for is irrelevant. Apparently.

1. The vote said Leave the EU, it said nothing about the CU or SM.

2. Not one of the Leave campaigns said we would have no deal. They all promised the easiest, cake and eat it deal in history. However, Parl should never have countenanced a referendum which it couldn't enact. As a deal required the consent of the EU as well as parl, there was no way a vote could specify any deal, unless the EU and the UK had agreed the future arrangements before the vote.

So we are, in effect, enacting the vote which was a choice between Remain and whatever deal the UK PM returns with which commands the support of Parl.

We should have had a remain vs no deal vote 2-3 years ago. Given we didn't we should have one now. Have May's deal (and Norway, too, if you want) on the first ballot and then use 2nd and 3rd prefs to get a winner.

The only possible argument against this is from Brexiters who haven't changed their mind, and don't think others should be allowed to. Or Brexiters who wanted no deal when they vote leave and therefore think everyone else should have done.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Sort of, but not exactly. We have no problem with foreign folk coming over for a holiday, spending some money & then returned from whence they came. We do have a problem with foreign folk coming here to settle.

We do not ask for the right to settle within the EU. What we ask is that we can still visit Tuscany/Bordeaux/Corsica etc without having to go through the palava of obtaining a visa.

So because northern plebs are too thick to go and live in a foreign country, I shouldn't be allowed to?

Why the fück do people want to live here all the time when most of the rest of Europe is far more civilised?

eastgermanautos
12-13-2018, 03:02 PM

You betrayed democracy long before, when you installed kings. An autonomous collective was the way to go and you churlishly refused...