PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Holding?

PSRB
12-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Looked like an ACL :-(

and how that wasn't given as a foul by Rashford :shout:

Pat Vegas
12-06-2018, 10:49 AM

:nod:
He may have a Big injury where as Ramsey has a Small injury according to Unai

Monty92
12-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Banned by feminists

Monty92
12-06-2018, 10:54 AM
:nod:
He may have a Big injury where as Ramsey has a Small injury according to Unai

These are going to be the verbal tics that we all take the p*ss out of when we wake up from the honeymoon period and realise we're still 5th

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 10:58 AM
These are going to be the verbal tics that we all take the p*ss out of when we wake up from the honeymoon period and realise we're still 5th

Jesus - I was wrong earlier when I thought Berni was being even more tedious than you. You're still No 1

WES
12-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Jesus - I was wrong earlier when I thought Berni was being even more tedious than you. You're still No 1

And Burney is on a wind up - I think Monty really means it.

And yes it really is unbelievably tedious but at the same time watching them deny reality and moan like little bitches has a pleasant side to it too.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 11:05 AM
And Burney is on a wind up - I think Monty really means it.

And yes it really is unbelievably tedious but at the same time watching them deny reality and moan like little bitches has a pleasant side to it too.
They'd be far better off acknowledging the upturn in performance and the growing acceptance* that Unai is benefitting from the fantastic foundation left to him by the visionary genius who preceded him

*one article by Barney Ronay and a comment on Football365

WES
12-06-2018, 11:09 AM
They'd be far better off acknowledging the upturn in performance and the growing acceptance* that Unai is benefitting from the fantastic foundation left to him by the visionary genius who preceded him

*one article by Barney Ronay and a comment on Football365

Quite. You'd think that intelligent, mature people would understand that you can recognize Wenger's achievements and what a great start we've had under Unai; they're not mutually exclusive.

And anyone that can't see how much better the team is playing has a short memory and probably needs a new hobby.

redgunamo
12-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Quite. You'd think that intelligent, mature people would understand that you can recognize Wenger's achievements and what a great start we've had under Unai; they're not mutually exclusive.

And anyone that can't see how much better the team is playing has a short memory and probably needs a new hobby.

They've been banging that drum for years though. To stop now would be the same as admitting they'd actually been wrong for years too.

WES
12-06-2018, 11:23 AM
They've been banging that drum for years though. To stop now would be the same as admitting they'd actually been wrong for years too.

As usual red, you are spot on. This is more about themselves and their egos than any particular love they had for Wenger.

They need to man up, accept that they were wrong, and move on and start supporting Arsenal again.

SWv2
12-06-2018, 11:23 AM

They are the footballing equivalent of the DUP.

Monty92
12-06-2018, 11:38 AM

I should fu*cking well think so too!

Monty92
12-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Oh well I'm glad we're playing a lot better. Along with the "4th placed trophy" the "20 games unbeaten" trophy and the "above spurs for three days" trophy, we're on course for a glorious quadruple.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 11:45 AM
They are the footballing equivalent of the DUP.

****ing hell- harsh, sw, harsh

AFC East
12-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Oh well I'm glad we're playing a lot better. Along with the "4th placed trophy" the "20 games unbeaten" trophy and the "above spurs for three days" trophy, we're on course for a glorious quadruple.

Shame the people who were desperate for Wenger to leave are also the people who belittled the 4th place trophy. What solace for them?

When we have a downturn we can expect the 'it's because of the **** players Wenger signed.' excuse.

IUFG
12-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Let it go, m; for your own sanity.

The king is dead. Long live the king and all that.

All your little-girl blubbing isn't going to bring him back.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-06-2018, 12:14 PM
I suspect Monty is being a cheeky little imp

redgunamo
12-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Shame the people who were desperate for Wenger to leave are also the people who belittled the 4th place trophy. What solace for them?

When we have a downturn we can expect the 'it's because of the **** players Wenger signed.' excuse.

No, it was Wenger Himself who belittled the first-place trophy by inventing the fourth-place trophy in the first place.

If you follow me..

Rich
12-06-2018, 12:31 PM
No, it was Wenger Himself who belittled the first-place trophy by inventing the fourth-place trophy in the first place.

If you follow me..

Oh how they howled 'Wenger OUT' when we finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Ignoring the fact it was the likes of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea we were outperforming (with significantly less resource).

Now we have a new man who is delivering similar results and he's a genius.

Bring back Arsene imo.

IUFG
12-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Oh how they howled 'Wenger OUT' when we finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Ignoring the fact it was the likes of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea we were outperforming (with significantly less resource).

Bring back Arsene imo.

you and monty need a new hobby, r

SWv2
12-06-2018, 12:40 PM

Bring back Arsene imo.

Wee bit of advice R, just be quiet here.

M and B we can to a degree take seriously, certainly with respect to the effete Jew we have always known his views on these issues.

You are just a puppet. Desperate to be in the gang.

I am still not even convinced you are a real puppet as I struggle with the concept of such a stupendously dense person going about everyday life.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-06-2018, 12:59 PM
You need to be a little more forgiving of Dick I think s ( OK if I call you Dick Rich?).

He is basically a vulgar hairy-back boer with a medical degree desperate for the acceptance and approval of the english middle classes whom he identifies as Berni and Sir C. Hence the continual "I'm dining/staying/drinking in Mayfair/South Ken tonight, any suggestions" posts, as if there are no food guides available to him outside of AWIMB (he is blissfully unaware that c spends his evenings in a caravan on his 2nd hand car lot eating baked beans and swigging cheap whisky).

It is pitiful of course but he deserves your sympathy rather than your disdain.

Pokster
12-06-2018, 01:03 PM
You need to be a little more forgiving of Dick I think s ( OK if I call you Dick Rich?).

He is basically a vulgar hairy-back boer with a medical degree desperate for the acceptance and approval of the english middle classes whom he identifies as Berni and Sir C. Hence the continual "I'm dining/staying/drinking in Mayfair/South Ken tonight, any suggestions" posts, as if there are no food guides available to him outside of AWIMB (he is blissfully unaware that c spends his evenings in a caravan on his 2nd hand car lot eating baked beans and swigging cheap whisky).

Perhaps R/D could become our care in the community project???

SWv2
12-06-2018, 01:03 PM

A washed up bloke from the motor trade in Kent and a journalist from Croydon, both sons of Ireland when all is said and done.

Hardly members of the Bullingdon Club.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Steady on h, Sir C certainly doesn't drink cheap whisky

Pokster
12-06-2018, 01:06 PM

He says he doesn't, but can you really trust him? He had no sense of smell for years so it wouldn't make any difference if he was drinking single malt or meths

Sir C
12-06-2018, 01:08 PM

I'll drink any old scotch when I'm drowning it in soda, la. Bells, Grants, Teachers, Grouse... I have no shame whatsoever.

IUFG
12-06-2018, 01:10 PM
I'll drink any old scotch when I'm drowning it in soda, la. Bells, Grants, Teachers, Grouse... I have no shame whatsoever.

Teachers?

Really?

Wow!

Sir C
12-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Teachers?

Really?

Wow!

:shrug: If you can tell the difference between Teachers and Grouse in a scotch and soda, I take my hat off to you.

IUFG
12-06-2018, 01:38 PM
:shrug: If you can tell the difference between Teachers and Grouse in a scotch and soda, I take my hat off to you.

I'd imagine one tastes like bleach and the other tastes like a slightly harsher bleach

Burney
12-06-2018, 01:46 PM

Overrated things: single-malt whisky. A lot of wànkery about fùck all if you ask me.

AFC East
12-06-2018, 01:47 PM

If you follow me..

I follow you, I just don't agree with you. Wenger rightly recognised that the consistency to finish top 4 over that period was an incredible achievement in itself. Finishing their once is now considered 'something'.

This doesn't belittle first.

Sir C
12-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Overrated things: single-malt whisky. A lot of wànkery about fùck all if you ask me.

I enjoy swilling it on occasion but what I can't get my head round is the peaty stuff. The TCP. Bleeeurgh.

Burney
12-06-2018, 01:54 PM
I enjoy swilling it on occasion but what I can't get my head round is the peaty stuff. The TCP. Bleeeurgh.

Exactly. People who claim to enjoy that stuff are clearly frauds with no actual olfactory capability, but a desperate need to be perceived as possessing sophisticated tastes.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Exactly. People who claim to enjoy that stuff are clearly frauds with no actual olfactory capability, but a desperate need to be perceived as possessing sophisticated tastes.

You have met Frimley haven't you?

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Teachers?

Really?

Wow!

I'm more offended by the soda

Burney
12-06-2018, 02:12 PM
You have met Frimley haven't you?

I was thinking more of Headgear, tbh. He talked some right shíte abour whisky.

Mind you, he also pretended to like Belgian beer. Which is pretty much all nasty, cloying filth fit only for Belgians.

redgunamo
12-06-2018, 02:29 PM

I haven't had any TCP in years :-(

SWv2
12-06-2018, 02:35 PM

Redbreast 15 is a fine drop.

Sir C
12-06-2018, 02:38 PM

I was given a bottle of such a thing by my good friend berni. We sat after dinner and sampled it. Then we sampled it some more. After that we smapled a little bit and simpled some and soon there was none left and I woke up in the morning with a sore bottom :-(

Burney
12-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Y’see, Headhear denounced that as being sweet as treacle.

Burney
12-06-2018, 02:45 PM
I was given a bottle of such a thing by my good friend berni. We sat after dinner and sampled it. Then we sampled it some more. After that we smapled a little bit and simpled some and soon there was none left and I woke up in the morning with a sore bottom :-(

Weird coincidences. I was having a lunchtime pint in my local and the new barman looks oddly familiar. Then it lands. I’ve been watching This Country on your recommendation and he’s the bloke who wrote the ‘threatening letters’ to Kerry about how strong she was. Name’s Jimmy Walker and he’s hoping to be written into series 3.

How fùcking odd is that?

Sir C
12-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Weird coincidences. I was having a lunchtime pint in my local and the new barman looks oddly familiar. Then it lands. I’ve been watching This Country on your recommendation and he’s the bloke who wrote the ‘threatening letters’ to Kerry about how strong she was. Name’s Jimmy Walker and he’s hoping to be written into series 3.

How fùcking odd is that?

You see, I take that as proof that there must be a God, directing events. How else would you bump into Jimmy Walker like that?

Did you see what I mean about 'peeping' being unaccountably hilarious? "He was peeping in the 60s, peeping in the 70s, peeping in the 80s on your Auntie Linda..." :hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55RS5ZhPv5Q

Burney
12-06-2018, 02:56 PM
You see, I take that as proof that there must be a God, directing events. How else would you bump into Jimmy Walker like that?

Did you see what I mean about 'peeping' being unaccountably hilarious? "He was peeping in the 60s, peeping in the 70s, peeping in the 80s on your Auntie Linda..." :hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55RS5ZhPv5Q

I do. I think Kerry’s mum is my favourite character. Although Len with the smelly trousers is good, too.

SWv2
12-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Y’see, Headhear denounced that as being sweet as treacle.

Headgear innit.

He is probably Rich.

Sir C
12-06-2018, 03:03 PM
I do. I think Kerry’s mum is my favourite character. Although Len with the smelly trousers is good, too.

Kerry's mum is Kerry, of course. I rather like the vicar's druggy son. :hehe:

So much good stuff in there. "I got enemies in South Cerney, I got enemies in North Cerney, I got enemies in Cerney Wick. :pause: I GOT ENEMIES IN BOURTON-ON-THE-WATER!"

It's very much close by v's home area, of course.

redgunamo
12-06-2018, 06:35 PM
I follow you, I just don't agree with you. Wenger rightly recognised that the consistency to finish top 4 over that period was an incredible achievement in itself. Finishing their once is now considered 'something'.

This doesn't belittle first.

Of course, we all recognised all that. But it was an enormous strategic error to state it publicly, as it suggested to everyone that actually winning the league was beyond us and merely finishing in the top four was fine.

It's true, of course it is! It goes without saying. But that does not mean the leader of our organisation ought to get caught saying it. People want him to show a bit more spirit. Confidence.

eastgermanautos
12-06-2018, 07:17 PM

At least you don't type "alot." This is something.