PDA

View Full Version : Oh, look. We still can’t beat United away. Or defend. And we have a shît keeper.

Burney
12-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Emery is a wànker. Get him OUT!

Sir C
12-05-2018, 10:10 PM

I fear you have become intemperate. Chill your, as it were, jism, and look at matters with a sense of perspective.

AFC East
12-05-2018, 10:18 PM

Harsh, huge difference from the Wenger years.

Man U have now come down to our level.

Burney
12-05-2018, 10:19 PM
I fear you have become intemperate. Chill your, as it were, jism, and look at matters with a sense of perspective.

If AW had been manager for that performance, the media (and others) would be crucifying us for failing to beat a palpably inferior side. There’d be talk of ‘lack of character/backbone/whatever’.
Now, because we’re under the dago gobshíte, our failings are suddenly OK.
Bòllocks.

redgunamo
12-05-2018, 10:33 PM
If AW had been manager for that performance, the media (and others) would be crucifying us for failing to beat a palpably inferior side. There’d be talk of ‘lack of character/backbone/whatever’.
Bòllocks.

No, not after his first visit there, they wouldn't..

Sir C
12-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Bòllocks.

I see you didn’t watch the game. Never mind.

Calm down and have a nice sleep.

IUFG
12-05-2018, 10:42 PM

Oh do **** off, b.

It was a shít match, because they attempted to drag us down to their level. Which they did in the first half.

Niggly fouls, rolling around like sniper victims (which we started to do too - wd The Arsenal) and chipping away at the referee. It's like the return of the ghost of Ferguson.

We gave away shít goals. So did they.

We shoud have won. Despite his howler, De Gea, once again for them, was the difference.

20 undefeated. Not to be sniffed at.

Read Twitter / redcafe. Apparently its their best performance of the season.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-05-2018, 10:43 PM
And take a hangover-reducing couple of Alker Seltzer tablets
:thumbup:

Burney
12-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Oh do **** off, b.

It was a shít match, because they attempted to drag us down to their level. Which they did in the first half.

Niggly fouls, rolling around like sniper victims (which we started to do too - wd The Arsenal) and chipping away at the referee. It's like the return of the ghost of Ferguson.

We gave away shít goals. So did they.

We shoud have won. Despite his howler, De Gea, once again for them, was the difference.

20 undefeated. Not to be sniffed at.

Read Twitter / redcafe. Apparently its their best performance of the season.

The tyranny of low expectations is strong in this one.

We’ll finish fifth this year. At best.

Just Trent
12-05-2018, 10:46 PM

At least we’ve still got something to moan about though. The defence is still ropey and Aubameyang isn’t quite as good as he thinks he is.

IUFG
12-05-2018, 10:50 PM
At least we’ve still got something to moan about though. The defence is still ropey and Aubameyang isn’t quite as good as he thinks he is.

Tbh, none of our CBs would get in any of the other top 5 teams...transfer magic to be worked in the summer.

and, I thought Auba was alright in the second half.

IUFG
12-05-2018, 10:50 PM
The tyranny of low expectations is strong in this one.

We’ll finish fifth this year. At best.

fourth. mark my words,b.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Just Trent " ....and Aubameyang isn’t quite as good as he thinks he is."
10 goals from 10 shots (before tonight) is none to shabby JT

Burney
12-05-2018, 11:04 PM
fourth. mark my words,b.

All bantering aside, you have noticed that this is the worst keeper we’ve had since Almunia, right?

IUFG
12-05-2018, 11:12 PM
All bantering aside, you have noticed that this is the worst keeper we’ve had since Almunia, right?

I've just spat my wine out, b.

You did actually see Almunia play, right?

I think I've previously describe Leno as lucky. Saving with arse and elbow, etc.
No favours were done to him tonight by his colleagues tbh.

The save from the free kick was decent. He pushed it along the byline...the recipient of the ball was (admittedly, marginally) offside. And then two defenders choose to watch the ball.

the second was a monumental, defensive **** up

redgunamo
12-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Tbh, none of our CBs would get in any of the other top 5 teams...transfer magic to be worked in the summer.

and, I thought Auba was alright in the second half.

It's the other way about, I think; none of the defenders in the top four would look particularly out of place playing for us.

Wenger never really looked like getting to grips with the issue over recent seasons, no matter who we played at the back, but UE has a fresh opportunity there. #judgehiminmay

Just Trent
12-05-2018, 11:27 PM
Just Trent " ....and Aubameyang isn’t quite as good as he thinks he is."
10 goals from 10 shots (before tonight) is none to shabby JT

I’m setting the bar high for Auba. He should’ve slotted that chance away tonight. Then celebrated by driving around Old Trafford in his solid gold Lamborghini.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
12-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Had we had Owen Coyle managing, we'd have won that game.

Tony C
12-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Would have rather lost and not have those injuries.

Poor Holding might be out for months and Ramsey was playing his way to a new contract.

Was terrified when Mustafi started limping as we used up all our subs so can't be sure of his long term availability either (injured vs Spurs too)

Can you imagine the seeeens if Leno had been sent off (almost handled outside the box)

Could’ve seen Aboomerang in goal imo

Rich
12-06-2018, 08:54 AM
Bòllocks.

I fear that you haven't let Him go yet. All good things must come to an end, B.

Can you not learn to love again. Unai is waiting for you with open arms.

PSRB
12-06-2018, 09:07 AM

I thought players looked tired, not a great performance, ref and and assistants were facking awful. Mhiki can't finish from a yard and then scores a blinder (offside).

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Unai is waiting for you with open arms.

And greasy hair, crooked teeth and a squeaky voice. I wouldn't wish that on redgunamo's mum tbh.

PSRB
12-06-2018, 09:16 AM
It's the other way about, I think; none of the defenders in the top four would look particularly out of place playing for us.

Wenger never really looked like getting to grips with the issue over recent seasons, no matter who we played at the back, but UE has a fresh opportunity there. #judgehiminmay

#judgehiminMay2020, imo needs at least another summer window

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 09:23 AM
I thought players looked tired, not a great performance, ref and and assistants were facking awful. Mhiki can't finish from a yard and then scores a blinder (offside).

Yep - but we finished the game strongly which was odd. Never really had any fluency. Bailly was rather good for them as well though - can't understand why he doesn't play every week (when fit)

IUFG
12-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Yep - but we finished the game strongly which was odd. Never really had any fluency. Bailly was rather good for them as well though - can't understand why he doesn't play every week (when fit)

He was. I'd have him they don't want him.

Like the Riley game in 2004, their tactic appeared to be a high press and kick us off the park.
It nearly worked.

WES
12-06-2018, 09:54 AM

Like the Riley game in 2004, their tactic appeared to be a high press and kick us off the park.
It nearly worked.

Thought we were clearly the better team. I think some of you have forgotten going there and struggling to create much or even being hammered. Can you imagine a Unai team losing 8-2? How many times did Wenger beat Mourinho?

We were better than them, at their place, and really should have won if not for a missed offside call and a moment of madness from Kolasinac/Leno. And it was fun to watch, the days of endless sideways passing seem to be over, thank god. And I haven't even gotten to the 20 games undefeated 22 games into the beginning of his hopefully very long Arsenal career.

Everything is just soooooo much better under Unai. :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 09:59 AM

It nearly worked.
I thought we gave as good as we got - Utd fans I was watching with were getting quite riled by Torreira :)

IUFG
12-06-2018, 10:08 AM
I thought we gave as good as we got - Utd fans I was watching with were getting quite riled by Torreira :)

We did. There is a leeeeetle bit more steel in this Arsenal side nowadays.

And

Apparently, when Fellaini had his hair pulled by Huth in 2016, Huth got a 3 match ban for 'violent conduct'. I do hope there is some kind of consistency applied...

AFC East
12-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Everything is just soooooo much better under Unai. :cloud9:

Yes, we are back in for the 4th place cup!! (Although losing it at the moment).

I suspect you were the kind of fellow who made light of top four finishes. Am I wrong?

PSRB
12-06-2018, 10:12 AM

Guen also seems to have riled them quite a lot. Fell over rather easily when was in process of losing possession and then won a foul.....they may have a point on this :hehe:

Rich
12-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Guen also seems to have riled them quite a lot. Fell over rather easily when was in process of losing possession and then won a foul.....they may have a point on this :hehe:

3 game ban incoming for Fellani?

SWv2
12-06-2018, 10:19 AM

The finish from the yard was not as easy / straightforward as I have seen suggested.

IUFG
12-06-2018, 10:22 AM
The finish from the yard was not as easy / straightforward as I have seen suggested.

:nod: running past the near post and trying to turn a quick ball in is a rather difficult skill. He did well to actually get to the ball first imo.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Yep - I rather think Lichtsteiner holds "how to be a ********" classes during training sessions

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 10:24 AM
3 game ban incoming for Fellani?

:rolleyes: For a foul clearly seen by the referee who gave a free kick - no

PSRB
12-06-2018, 10:25 AM
:nod: running past the near post and trying to turn a quick ball in is a rather difficult skill. He did well to actually get to the ball first imo.

To get that much elevation takes some doing! Giroud would have finished that

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 10:26 AM

Let it go p, let it go

IUFG
12-06-2018, 10:27 AM

A free kick given for a foul.

But no yellow/red for an act that has previously been identified as violent conduct..?

barrybueno
12-06-2018, 10:28 AM

Only one man on the planet can do this finish every time, Giroud.

PSRB
12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Only one man on the planet can do this finish every time, Giroud.

:thumbup: I miss him so much, the big, handsome *******

PSRB
12-06-2018, 10:30 AM

I don't think he saw the hair pull, I think he thought he pulled him back by the shoulder, as I did at first

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 10:31 AM
A free kick given for a foul.

But no yellow/red for an act that has previously been identified as violent conduct..?

Very odd it wasn't a yellow at least but scroll down here and you'll see the ref's view - can't really claim he didn't see it so no further action can be taken

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/46464788

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 10:32 AM
I don't think he saw the hair pull, I think he thought he pulled him back by the shoulder, as I did at first

See below - does also look like Matteo hits him the *******s as well though :)

IUFG
12-06-2018, 10:36 AM

leave off, it was hardly a
https://media.giphy.com/media/3FkwfYUSqnfL22Iv6E/giphy.gif

Viva Prat Vegas
12-06-2018, 11:45 AM
LA "Very odd it wasn't a yellow at least but scroll down here and you'll see the ref's view - can't really claim he didn't see it so no further action can be taken
"
Very annoying too
:shout:
I would shoot the ref
Or send him to League 1

Viva Prat Vegas
12-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Lichtsteiner took a buffeting to the back of the head courtesy of a stray Fellaini forearm
Guendouzi - such a mature, persistent performance and he maintained his cool in the face of some tasty fouls
Micky Terrian's 'goal' - still in phase 1 ?

IUFG
12-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Very odd it wasn't a yellow at least but scroll down here and you'll see the ref's view - can't really claim he didn't see it so no further action can be taken

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/46464788

I think Fellaini disguised it from the ref quite well on second viewing
https://media.giphy.com/media/fV2tdSiYYFpEYBncxh/giphy.gif

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Lichtsteiner took a buffeting to the back of the head courtesy of a stray Fellaini forearm
Guendouzi - such a mature, persistent performance and he maintained his cool in the face of some tasty fouls
Micky Terrian's 'goal' - still in phase 1 ?

Lichtsteiner took a buffeting to the back of the head courtesy of a stray Fellaini forearm -don't remember that :redcard: Brave man though - Lightstone knows where he lives
Micky Terrian's 'goal' - still in phase 1? Wouldn't have liked that given against us

Pokster
12-06-2018, 01:04 PM
I think Fellaini disguised it from the ref quite well on second viewing
https://media.giphy.com/media/fV2tdSiYYFpEYBncxh/giphy.gif

The ref is looking at the feet and doesn't see the hiar pull imo

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2018, 01:05 PM
The ref is looking at the feet and doesn't see the hiar pull imo

I think you may both have a good point - would still be surprised if anything is done about it