PDA

View Full Version : NLD weekend

SWv2
11-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Simply put the most exciting weekend of the Premier League schedule.

If you do not get a massive, almost perverse, sense of joy and excitement from this imminent fixture then as a great man once said you need a new hobby.

I predict that by early afternoon that effete sham that is Monty will be on talking in detail about his sense of fear and dread.

Is it any surprise he was constantly bullied in his youth / teenage years. He probably still is, but by teenagers.

Sir C
11-30-2018, 09:43 AM

If you do not get a massive, almost perverse, sense of joy and excitement from this imminent fixture then as a great man once said you need a new hobby.

I predict that by early afternoon that effete sham that is Monty will be on talking in detail about his sense of fear and dread.

Is it any surprise he was constantly bullied in his youth / teenage years. He probably still is, but by teenagers.

I've always, always anticipated this fixture with deep forboding. I think it stems from the fact that when I started attending these games, we were peculiarly shíte and they were really quite good, so there was always a decent chance we might take a good hiding. As well as the fact that there was a more than decent chance of getting a good hiding on your way to and from the stadium. Or in the stadium.

IUFG
11-30-2018, 09:44 AM

It is a horrible game to watch (unless we are putting them to the sword) and only when it is over can you really enjoy it (or otherwise).

No other game makes me feel this way.

this one sticks out as quite a joyous day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcTO-YxRe7k

Sir C
11-30-2018, 09:47 AM
It is a horrible game to watch (unless we are putting them to the sword) and only when it is over can you really enjoy it (or otherwise).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcTO-YxRe7k

My first was at Highbury in 1979. 1-0. Stapleton scored. :cloud9:

IUFG
11-30-2018, 09:58 AM
My first was at Highbury in 1979. 1-0. Stapleton scored. :cloud9:

Early 80s.

Sunderland. Woodcock. iirc
2-0 :cloud9:

I seem to remember they had a good team. Full of ****s they were, such as Mabbutt, Hazard, Archibald, et al.

Rich
11-30-2018, 09:59 AM

Have you seen Tim Sherwood's NLD XI?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/30/tim-sherwood-embarrasses-arsenal-with-his-north-london-derby-combined-xi-8193681/

I think I'd include Ozil over Winks, Aubameyang over Son and Torreira over Dier. Maybe Monreal over Davies too but other than that, I'd agree.

Sir C
11-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Early 80s.

2-0 :cloud9:

I seem to remember they had a good team. Full of ****s they were, such as Mabbutt, Hazard, Archibald, et al.

Lord yes, I remember that one well. We might have bumped into each other.

I've just checked and we won my first four, from April 79 to August 80. After that it went very much downhill, culminating with getting done 5-0 at their place. A particularly miserable way to celebrate my birthday.

SWv2
11-30-2018, 10:05 AM

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/30/tim-sherwood-embarrasses-arsenal-with-his-north-london-derby-combined-xi-8193681/

I think I'd include Ozil over Winks, Aubameyang over Son and Torreira over Dier. Maybe Monreal over Davies too but other than that, I'd agree.

Fúck off Dick.

IUFG
11-30-2018, 10:05 AM

"Tim Sherwood embarrasses himself with his north London derby combined XI"

SWv2
11-30-2018, 10:06 AM

Exactly my HR friend.

It is this sense of nervous excitement that is the very essence of being a football supporter.

EIE.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-30-2018, 10:09 AM
Sir C "My first was at Highbury in 1979. 1-0. Stapleton scored. "

Last minute goal
You were allowed out on a schoolnight c !
Or it might have been in the Easter Holiday break

Viva Prat Vegas
11-30-2018, 10:12 AM
IUFG "Early 80s.

2-0

I seem to remember they had a good team. Full of ****s they were, such as Mabbutt, Hazard, Archibald, et al."

Boxing Day 82
Which was somehow the 27th that year :rubchin:

You missed out a few bigger cunds IUFG .... Roberts, Clemence

Rich
11-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Fúck off Dick.

You looking for a scrap?

Pokster
11-30-2018, 10:13 AM

I do believe our Dr chum has offered you out sw, you can't stnad for that from the upper class tw@t surely

Sir C
11-30-2018, 10:17 AM
Sir C "My first was at Highbury in 1979. 1-0. Stapleton scored. "

Last minute goal
You were allowed out on a schoolnight c !
Or it might have been in the Easter Holiday break

I'd just started being allowed to go on my own :cloud9: Well, with my mate Dave, anyway.

IUFG
11-30-2018, 10:20 AM
IUFG "Early 80s.

2-0

I seem to remember they had a good team. Full of ****s they were, such as Mabbutt, Hazard, Archibald, et al."

Boxing Day 82
Which was somehow the 27th that year :rubchin:

You missed out a few bigger cunds IUFG .... Roberts, Clemence

I probably have missed 8/9 other ****s tbh

It WAS Christmas time, you're right.

I may have received a Kappa ski coat as crimbo pressie and was wearing it to the match
https://www.topsimages.com/thumbs/Fr3s0en6QJQ6zv5V3FXtvs63-5K_dq646pORpPDQNMwKq0WVAD-qq47QuG-Q71KkqHDCDXvvVGrxrTYqFWJldQ.jpg

IUFG
11-30-2018, 10:22 AM
I do believe our Dr chum has offered you out sw, you can't stnad for that from the upper class tw@t surely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQWPR9TM0Gk

Rich
11-30-2018, 10:37 AM

I’ll bop the mick straight on the nose, make no mistake.

SWv2
11-30-2018, 10:40 AM
You looking for a scrap?

Oh my :hehe:

This reminds me of my school days. Normal protocol here is to meet at 3:30 in the subway at the bottom of the hill and knock ****e out of each other.

Purely for the record, never ever again share any football "knowledge" from Tim Sherwood with me.

Luis Anaconda
11-30-2018, 10:40 AM
I'd just started being allowed to go on my own :cloud9: Well, with my mate Dave, anyway.
You were 32 at the time

SWv2
11-30-2018, 10:41 AM
I probably have missed 8/9 other ****s tbh

It WAS Christmas time, you're right.

I may have received a Kappa ski coat as crimbo pressie and was wearing it to the match
https://www.topsimages.com/thumbs/Fr3s0en6QJQ6zv5V3FXtvs63-5K_dq646pORpPDQNMwKq0WVAD-qq47QuG-Q71KkqHDCDXvvVGrxrTYqFWJldQ.jpg

Nice.

Pair of Adidas I expect.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-30-2018, 10:43 AM
LA "You were 32 at the time"

It's Timothy Lumsden

Sir C
11-30-2018, 10:50 AM
You were 32 at the time

14. I don't know what 14 year olds are like these days but sending one from south London to White Hart Lane to negotiate the running street battles alone seems to me... brave.

Luis Anaconda
11-30-2018, 10:52 AM
14. I don't know what 14 year olds are like these days but sending one from south London to White Hart Lane to negotiate the running street battles alone seems to me... brave.

I think I was 16 when I first went there - far more scared when I last went there aged about 40

IUFG
11-30-2018, 10:52 AM
Nice.

Pair of Adidas I expect.

Most definitely.

Not my Gazelles. Not in winter.

Sambas maybe, or these . . .
http://only-sneakers.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/adidas-srs.jpg

Sir C
11-30-2018, 10:54 AM
I think I was 16 when I first went there - far more scared when I last went there aged about 40

I always think of the early to mid-80s as the truly scary time. On occasion I'm sure the police just reterated and let the morons get on with it. Things sort of felt out of control.

Sir C
11-30-2018, 10:54 AM
I’ll bop the mick straight on the nose, make no mistake.

You can't call him that you racist.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Sir C "After that it went very much downhill, culminating with getting done 5-0 at their place. A particularly miserable way to celebrate my birthday."

Legend has it that our keeper did a Sammy Nelson at that one
In response to stick from the fans

IUFG
11-30-2018, 10:57 AM
I always think of the early to mid-80s as the truly scary time. On occasion I'm sure the police just reterated and let the morons get on with it. Things sort of felt out of control.

the met were too excited about going up north and twátting a few miners.
or indeed heading down Brixton way to get unfriendly with the afro-caribbeans

Sir C
11-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Sir C "After that it went very much downhill, culminating with getting done 5-0 at their place. A particularly miserable way to celebrate my birthday."

Legend has it that our keeper did a Sammy Nelson at that one
In response to stick from the fans

Don't remember that. I just kept my head down. I remember being tempted to leave early, then realising what a bad idea thast would be.

SWv2
11-30-2018, 11:13 AM
You can't call him that you racist.

Thank you.

We need to stick together.

Sir C
11-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Thank you.

We need to stick together.

We've suffered centuries of brutal English oppression, sw, and it still continues. :-(