PDA

View Full Version : Jofra Archer eligible for England selection from 1st Jan 2019 :cloud9:

Rich
11-29-2018, 12:14 PM
93mph+ :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2018, 12:48 PM
:spinkings:

Burney
11-29-2018, 12:56 PM

A legspinner and a 90+ mph paceman. Back to the glory days of Salisbury and Malcolm imo. :-\

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2018, 01:00 PM
A legspinner and a 90+ mph paceman. Back to the glory days of Salisbury and Malcolm imo. :-\

Tbf Devon won us a few Tests. Salisbury was just woeful. If Stone can stay fit and Archer comes good there may be life after Jimmy and Broad yet. Still no opening batsman though :(

WES
11-29-2018, 01:11 PM

With that name I'm guessing he isn't English born and bred.

Which country have you lot pinched this one from?

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2018, 01:26 PM

With that name I'm guessing he isn't English born and bred.

Which country have you lot pinched this one from?
(Not Jeffrey.) Has a British passport and wants to play for England. Seems fair

WES
11-29-2018, 01:29 PM

Does he talk with that lovely Caribbean lilt and a deep baritone voice like Michael Holding?

Lord but I could listen to Michael Holding talk about cricket for hours. IF so, he should be playing for the West Indies. :nod:

Rich
11-29-2018, 01:43 PM

The pitch is largely irrelevant when you're capable of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand imo.

He'll only be 25 when we next tour Australia. How do you suppose Steve Smith will enjoy Archer fizzing them at his throat? :-)

Burney
11-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Does he talk with that lovely Caribbean lilt and a deep baritone voice like Michael Holding?

Lord but I could listen to Michael Holding talk about cricket for hours. IF so, he should be playing for the West Indies. :nod:

No. He's Bajan rather than Jamaican. They have less sonorous accents, but in my experience spend less time threatening you with physical violence in them due to being much, much nicer.

Rich
11-29-2018, 02:18 PM
No. He's Bajan rather than Jamaican. They have less sonorous accents, but in my experience spend less time threatening you with physical violence in them due to being much, much nicer.

We had an overseas last summer from St Thomas called Garnet. Huge and quick, if a little erratic. And just about the loveliest man you could hope to meet. Wd Garnet.

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2018, 02:56 PM
The pitch is largely irrelevant when you're capable of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand imo.

He'll only be 25 when we next tour Australia. How do you suppose Steve Smith will enjoy Archer fizzing them at his throat? :-)
He has a lot of work to do before he is “capable of of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand” in the first class game imo. Great prospect of course

Tony C
11-29-2018, 03:06 PM
will be good to seen him in the Big Bash again. Try and gauge how much he’s improved from last year.

For England I’d skip T20s altogether with him and start him off in ODIs and start making him think about the longer game.

Rich
11-29-2018, 03:18 PM
He has a lot of work to do before he is “capable of of bowling 90+mph yorkers on demand” in the first class game imo. Great prospect of course

If he's playing First Class cricket next summer then Whittaker/Fraser need to be shot. He should exclusively remain with the England camp from now.

Jofra has even said how desperate he is to make his debut in the Windies this winter. Hopefully that's in a Test Match.

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2018, 03:37 PM
If he's playing First Class cricket next summer then Whittaker/Fraser need to be shot. He should exclusively remain with the England camp from now.

Jofra has even said how desperate he is to make his debut in the Windies this winter. Hopefully that's in a Test Match.

Not sure what the ex-chairman of selectors and Middlesex’s director of cricket can do about it to be honest, r. He doesn’t actually qualify til March apparently anyway

Pokster
11-30-2018, 08:23 AM

So he is more English than a number of recent players, and at least an equal to recent Captains

Rich
11-30-2018, 08:31 AM
So he is more English than a number of recent players, and at least an equal to recent Captains

Do you recall calling me a racist because I described Samit Patel as fat, P? :hehe:

Pokster
11-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Do you recall calling me a racist because I described Samit Patel as fat, P? :hehe:

I do recall calling you racist when you called him a fat asian prick.... saying Archer is more English than recent players is correct as he has a British parent, please explain which part of that is even slightly racist. ****, you, not him.

WES
11-30-2018, 10:28 AM

So I read about this chap in the Times this morning. Born in Barbados, raised in Barbados, represented the Windies at U19 and came to England when he was 20 years old.

English my arse. Lord what you lot will do to remain competitive in the sports you invented. :hehe:

Pokster
11-30-2018, 10:31 AM
So I read about this chap in the Times this morning. Born in Barbados, raised in Barbados, represented the Windies at U19 and came to England when he was 20 years old.

English my arse. Lord what you lot will do to remain competitive in the sports you invented. :hehe:

Remind me of how Ben Johnson came to represent Canada???

Pokster
11-30-2018, 10:35 AM

And Donovan Bailey.... it is almost like all country's do it..