PDA

View Full Version : Overrated things:

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:27 PM
Pizza.

It’s actually rather boring, isn’t it? And all attempts to make it more interesting actually render it worse.

Fùck pizza. Fúck it in its tracheotomy-induced neckhole.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Pizza.

It’s actually rather boring, isn’t it? And all attempts to make it more interesting actually render it worse.

Overrated? Quite possibly. However, when it's good, it's good. You can't deny that.

Monty92
11-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Pizza.

Nope, you've misjudged this one horribly.

****er.

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Overrated? Quite possibly. However, when it's good, it's good. You can't deny that.

Nah. When it’s good it’s perfectly OK. That’s it.

It’s no saveloy, battered sausage and chips.

All these claims of ‘the best pizza in London’ or whatever irritate me immensely. IT’S NOT HARD.

And don’t get me started on burgers. There’s a foodstuff that has massively outgrown its actual worth.

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Nope, you've misjudged this one horribly.

****er.

Flat bread, hot oven, tomato sauce, mozzarella. THAT’S ****ING IT!

Pat Vegas
11-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Pizza.

macaroons,
:shrug:

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:38 PM
macaroons,

Racist. :-(

Pat Vegas
11-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Racist. :-(

they all taste the same to me.

Monty92
11-28-2018, 02:41 PM
macaroons,

Absolutely bang on there

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:42 PM

All these claims of ‘the best pizza in London’ or whatever irritate me immensely. IT’S NOT HARD.

And don’t get me started on burgers. There’s a foodstuff that has massively outgrown its actual worth.

Oh but it is hard. Making the dough properly is a job, and getting the oven to 600 degrees is hard. After that it gets simple. Buffalo mozarella, salami, chilli. Done.

A good burger is worth it's weight in gold but takes lots and lots of effort.

Monty92
11-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Flat bread, hot oven, tomato sauce, mozzarella. THAT’S ****ING IT!

No-one's suggesting there's anything sophisticated about it, but why would you not place it in the category of 'simple but tastes ****ing great'?

And there *is* a world of difference between a good and a bad pizza.

Nope, you've ****ed up big time here and any efforts to pretend otherwise will simply be stubborn face-saving.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:45 PM
No-one's suggesting there's anything sophisticated about it, but why would you not place it in the category of 'simple but tastes ****ing great'?

Nope, you've ****ed up big time here and any efforts to pretend otherwise will simply be stubborn face-saving.

Do you think he's only ever had pizza from Pizza Hut? Deep pan? With a hot dog in the crust?

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:46 PM
they all taste the same to me.

:hehe: :clap:

WES
11-28-2018, 02:46 PM

Further proof - as if it were needed - that Burney's taste buds are f*cked. Taking food advice from Burney is like asking Stephen Hawkings how to run the 100 yard dash.

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:47 PM

It doesn’t taste great. It tastes OK.

And nobody said there isn’t a world of difference between good and bad. Simply that good isn’t that great.

Burney
11-28-2018, 02:49 PM
Oh but it is hard. Making the dough properly is a job, and getting the oven to 600 degrees is hard. After that it gets simple. Buffalo mozarella, salami, chilli. Done.

A good burger is worth it's weight in gold but takes lots and lots of effort.

Oh, nobody said it isn’t effort. Just that the effort is disproportionate to the worth of the outcome.

Ditto burgers. Dreary things, really.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:50 PM
Further proof - as if it were needed - that Burney's taste buds are f*cked. Taking food advice from Burney is like asking Stephen Hawkings how to run the 100 yard dash.

You love those slices of pizza off the buffet after they've been sweating under heatlamps for hours, don't you?

Monty92
Do you think he's only ever had pizza from Pizza Hut? Deep pan? With a hot dog in the crust?

There is a germ of truth in his otherwise absurd ramblings, which is that pizza has fallen foul of the foodie hipster revolution, when it's simply not variable enough to justify such treatment.

Burney

You’re American. You don’t like any food you can’t eat with your fùcking hands like the worthless animal you are. :shrug:

IUFG
11-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Pizza.

it's alright when you're píssed...

but then again, I'd always go for a doner.

Pizza? Meh! :judge:

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:53 PM
it's alright when you're píssed...

but then again, I'd always go for a doner.

Pizza? Meh! :judge:

In Germany I often eat doner pizza.

Yes. Pizza. With doner meat on. You can't beat it, i.

WES
11-28-2018, 02:53 PM
You love those slices of pizza off the buffet after they've been sweating under heatlamps for hours, don't you?

Nope, the Italian restaurant in my fave resort has a wood burning stove in which they cook quite wonderful pizzas.

In fact, I expect there will be a picture of it somewhere here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g311321-d2490570-Reviews-Sapore-Fujairah_Emirate_of_Fujairah.html

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:55 PM
There is a germ of truth in his otherwise absurd ramblings, which is that pizza has fallen foul of the foodie hipster revolution, when it's simply not variable enough to justify such treatment.

There is absolutely no comparison between something from Dominoes and a proper pizza. They are entirely different things. And ascribing an appreciation of decent pizza as somehow 'foodie' is a little ironic, given the peasant origins of the dish.

A good pizza is a fine thing. A bad pizza is revolting.

WES
11-28-2018, 02:55 PM
You’re American. You don’t like any food you can’t eat with your fùcking hands like the worthless animal you are. :shrug:

Stop being silly. The point here is that you your very self have publicly admitted that you prefer a battered sausage to the finest pizza or burger that could be produced.

The game is well and truly over, I'm afraid. :shrug:

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:56 PM
Nope, the Italian restaurant in my fave resort has a wood burning stove in which they cook quite wonderful pizzas.

In fact, I expect there will be a picture of it somewhere here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g311321-d2490570-Reviews-Sapore-Fujairah_Emirate_of_Fujairah.html

Dear God. Dear, dear God.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 02:57 PM

I say, that's a bit strong. The chap is a moosefúcker, which is to say thick and dull, but calling him American is beyond the pale.

Monty92
11-28-2018, 03:09 PM
There is absolutely no comparison between something from Dominoes and a proper pizza. They are entirely different things. And ascribing an appreciation of decent pizza as somehow 'foodie' is a little ironic, given the peasant origins of the dish.

A good pizza is a fine thing. A bad pizza is revolting.

Agreed, but equally, the variance between good pizza is negligible, and the kind of people who claim they've found "the best pizza in London" are exclusively ****s.

Now slightly nervous that I may have made this very claim some time ago on Awimb :hide:

Sir C
11-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Agreed, but equally, the variance between good pizza is negligible, and the kind of people who claim they've found "the best pizza in London" are exclusively ****s.

Now slightly nervous that I may have made this very claim some time ago on Awimb :hide:

Oh, people who claim to know 'the best' anything are invariably ****s. From pizza to cars to footballers, I'll accept anyone's view of what constitutes good, or exceptional, or amongst the best, but claiming to know the definitive 'best'? Fúck off.

Monty92
11-28-2018, 03:17 PM
Oh, people who claim to know 'the best' anything are invariably ****s. From pizza to cars to footballers, I'll accept anyone's view of what constitutes good, or exceptional, or amongst the best, but claiming to know the definitive 'best'? Fúck off.

Agree entirely.

You're the best, man :thumbup:

SWv2
11-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Pizza.

Good pizza is magnificent.

Simpler the better.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Agree entirely.

You're the best, man :thumbup:

You see, you're completely wrong there. I'm one of the best, certainly. But obviously you bear the crown for ultimate bestness.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Good pizza is magnificent.

Simpler the better.

:nod: A floury spud and some mash?

SWv2
11-28-2018, 03:23 PM
:nod: A floury spud and some mash?

Mash is the king of whatever you call something you eat with the main event. It’s not really a side dish as such, is it, as to suggest so undermines it.

Do you boil or steam? You strike me as a steamer.

I assume you heat the cream / milk / combination. Please tell me you do else never set foot in Limerick again.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 03:39 PM
Mash is the king of whatever you call something you eat with the main event. It’s not really a side dish as such, is it, as to suggest so undermines it.

Do you boil or steam? You strike me as a steamer.

I assume you heat the cream / milk / combination. Please tell me you do else never set foot in Limerick again.

I meant as a pizza topping, not a side dish.

I used to heat the butter/cream, but now I take the French view and simply add butter to the riced potato. No milk, no cream, just butter, to about 50% of the weight of the spuds. It's.. good.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Pizza.

It is one of the best things if done well.

SWv2
11-28-2018, 04:00 PM
I meant as a pizza topping, not a side dish.

I am aware of one local place that offers a pizza that has potatoes as a topping.

For real.

Derek’s

Baby Potatoes,Bacon,Garlic, Rosemary, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella (1,2)

I don't know who Derek is.

WES
11-28-2018, 04:04 PM
I am aware of one local place that offers a pizza that has potatoes as a topping.

For real.

Derek’s

Sounds sh1t - I'd have pineapple on pizza before I'd have potatoes. Although neither is clearly the best option.

I have three types of pizza: plain, pepperoni and quattro formaggi. No other kind is required.

Sir C
11-28-2018, 04:09 PM

For real.

Derek’s

Opportunity missed there. Could have gone the full boiled bacon and cabbage.

SWv2
11-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Sounds sh1t - I'd have pineapple on pizza before I'd have potatoes. Although neither is clearly the best option.

I have three types of pizza: plain, pepperoni and quattro formaggi. No other kind is required.

1 Plain, 2) pepperoni, 3) mushroom / olives.

You can shove your quatro formaggio up your hole.

Tony C
11-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Charlie imo

Especially these days when it’s barely 2% and cut with god knows what.

Miss the old days imo

WES
11-28-2018, 04:25 PM
1 Plain, 2) pepperoni, 3) mushroom / olives.

You can shove your quatro formaggio up your hole.

Actually I sometimes have mushroom and pepperoni. Olives on pizza = meh.

Quattro formaggi is quite wonderful; it's just a plain pizza with better cheese. If they get the gorgonzola proportions right it is quite exceptional.

#lovebluecheese