PDA

View Full Version : Underrated things:

Sir C
11-23-2018, 01:06 PM
1. Top of the list. The single most underrated thing in human existence. Garlic bread.

Garlic bread is fúcking amazing, mixing together, as it does, bread, butter and garlic all in one place; yet how often do we partake? I haven't had garlic bread more than twice in the last 10 years. You just don't think of it these days, do you? It feels like a relic of the 1980s. It's a fúckign travesty.

I want garlic bread.

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2018, 01:12 PM
1. Top of the list. The single most underrated thing in human existence. Garlic bread.

Garlic bread is fúcking amazing, mixing together, as it does, bread, butter and garlic all in one place; yet how often do we partake? I haven't had garlic bread more than twice in the last 10 years. You just don't think of it these days, do you? It feels like a relic of the 1980s. It's a fúckign travesty.

I want garlic bread.
I hate garlic bread

Pat Vegas
11-23-2018, 01:22 PM

I want garlic bread.

But why do they sell garlic bread at places that sell pizza? it's not a good side dish.
:shrug:

Sir C
11-23-2018, 01:28 PM
I hate garlic bread

What nonsense is this? Have you perhaps been eating supermarket garlic bread?

Sir C
11-23-2018, 01:29 PM
But why do they sell garlic bread at places that sell pizza? it's not a good side dish.

It's a bit bread-with-bread, isn't it?

I like mine with a steak.

WES
11-23-2018, 02:02 PM

I want garlic bread.

Often served with cheese - especially in America.

I assume you are a no-cheese garlic bread man?

Rich
11-23-2018, 02:03 PM
It's a bit bread-with-bread, isn't it?

I like mine with a steak.

Overrated things:

1. Top of the list. Marshmallows. Why do they exist? Surely the calories can be put to better use elsewhere?

SWv2
11-23-2018, 02:04 PM

You have garlic bread to start and then a pizza.

Dummy.

Some of the finest garlic bread I have eaten has been in your pizzeria type places.

Sir C
11-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Often served with cheese - especially in America.

I assume you are a no-cheese garlic bread man?

Only a pervert or yanqui would add cheese to garlic bread.

WES
11-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Only a pervert or yanqui would add cheese to garlic bread.

I also prefer it without cheese, although you forgot to add parsley finely chopped. And the butter must be salted, salt is crucial to garlic bread.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2018, 02:21 PM
I hate garlic bread

This detesting anything that isn't alcohol really cannot be good for you la

Tony C
11-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Spam

Tony C
11-23-2018, 02:23 PM
An Old Fashioned imo

Sometimes knocking one out is just better.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2018, 02:25 PM

I want garlic bread.

I have it nearly every day. I keep a butter garlic salt blend in the fridge - garlic salt barely perceptible - take a slice of Waitrose white sourdough bread and toast one side under t' grill. Spread butter mix on t'other side and toast til a light brown. Exquisite!

Pat Vegas
11-23-2018, 02:31 PM
You have garlic bread to start and then a pizza.

Dummy.

Some of the finest garlic bread I have eaten has been in your pizzeria type places.

I prefer to have a slice of pizza then a slice of garlic bread then another slice.

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2018, 02:33 PM
This detesting anything that isn't alcohol really cannot be good for you la

I like crisps, h

Sir C
11-23-2018, 02:36 PM
I like crisps, h

Fair one, la.

You've also been known to partake of a KFC on occasion if I'm not mistaken.

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2018, 02:39 PM
Fair one, la.

You've also been known to partake of a KFC on occasion if I'm not mistaken.

I do - I shall get some next week where gravy is proper :)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-23-2018, 02:51 PM

I want garlic bread.

Garlic, butter, bread, parsley and salt to be precise.

SWv2
11-23-2018, 03:15 PM
A list, in no particular order, of underrated things:

Gilberto Silva
Pint of Guinness
The Style Council
The 4-4-2 formation
An open fire
Pesto
Teenage Fanclub
The NHS
A good burger

Sir C
11-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Gilberto Silva - Agreed, although I would say he stopped being underrated when he was injured for a while.
Pint of Guinness - Agreed. Not the riduclously cold stuff, mind.
The Style Council - Agreed. Some terrific pop music there.
The 4-4-2 formation - Agreed. All formations have a time and a place.
An open fire - Agreed. Especially one burning peat.
Pesto - Agreed. Have you become a poof?
Teenage Fanclub - I don't know what this is. Is it one of your poptastic favourites? You love a pop song.
The NHS - Not sure it's underrated in this country. It has a sortt of saintly status.
A good burger - No **** has ever denied the importance of a good burger, surely?

Tony C
11-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Japanese School Girls imo

SWv2
11-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Gilberto Silva - Agreed, although I would say he stopped being underrated when he was injured for a while.
Teenage Fanclub - I don't know what this is. Is it one of your poptastic favourites? You love a pop song.
The NHS - Not sure it's underrated in this country. It has a sortt of saintly status.
A good burger - No **** has ever denied the importance of a good burger, surely?

You only miss people when they are dead.

The extra cold stuff is sh*t and just an example of innovation gone wrong. Only innovate where and when it is needed.

Good man.

Good man. Too many people getting swallowed up and consumed by over analysing what is in essence a very simple game.

Do you have peat / turf in Britain? I mean the real stuff.

I will stab you.

Scottish band. Very heavily influenced by the likes of Big Star, Byrds etc. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Check out Grand Prix or Songs From Northern Britain as a starting point.

When you have to pay €70 every single time you visit a GP, just for the privilege of seeing the fúcker, before any prescription charge, then you would think it underrated.

Perhaps not but it is rarely spoken of as one of the great foods, and it is a great food item when done correctly, ergo it is underrated.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-23-2018, 03:29 PM
"A good burger - No **** has ever denied the importance of a good burger, surely?"

Sir Thumbsaloft

Viva Prat Vegas
11-23-2018, 03:32 PM
TonyC "Japanese School Girls imo"

They sink my boat

Now ones from Maritius...

barrybueno
11-23-2018, 11:34 PM
I like crisps, h

omg I eat 6 PACKS A DAY

bbrian
11-24-2018, 01:23 AM
omg I eat 6 PACKS A DAY

Bit what about the crisps baz?

barrybueno
11-24-2018, 06:57 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm crisps :cloud9:

barrybueno
11-24-2018, 11:12 AM
Toast must feature here

barrybueno
11-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Bit what about the crisps baz?

Ready salted, cheese & onion, chicken, bacon, beef, don't like prawn cocktail for some reason...

I like the 'salt your own' with the blue bags, I murder them with extra salt