PDA

View Full Version : Don't laugh, but what about Mitrovic in January?

The Insider
11-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Maybe I am still haunted by the way he came on and destroyed us when playing for Anderlecht a few year's back, but I feel that we should consider a cheeky bid for Mitrovic in the next window. Danny is out for the rest of the season and getting a proven impact goal scorer in as a stopgap could really work. I'd fancy him against the Burnleys and Watfords (and the Newcastles and Fulhams!) and he could also do a great job in the Ropey League Knockout stage. To me he would be a perfect third striker.

Just a thought!

PSRB
11-21-2018, 10:55 AM
Maybe I am still haunted by the way he came on and destroyed us when playing for Anderlecht a few year's back, but I feel that we should consider a cheeky bid for Mitrovic in the next window. Danny is out for the rest of the season and getting a proven impact goal scorer in as a stopgap could really work. I'd fancy him against the Burnleys and Watfords (and the Newcastles and Fulhams!) and he could also do a great job in the Ropey League Knockout stage. To me he would be a perfect third striker.

Just a thought!

Newcastle/Fulham is his level, if we were mad enough to go for one of these Eastern bloc mentalists, then Arnautovic would be the better choice

The Insider
11-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Newcastle/Fulham is his level, if we were mad enough to go for one of these Eastern bloc mentalists, then Arnautovic would be the better choice

He's Austrian, but I do like him too!

Rich
11-21-2018, 11:02 AM

Just a thought!

Must we really discuss football here? Sigh.

Pokster
11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Must we really discuss football here? Sigh.

Does it take you out of your comfort zone

Billy Goat Sverige
11-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Just a thought!

No we need a wide forward. You don’t sign a striker when you’ve got Aubameyang and Lacazette.

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2018, 11:59 AM

Just a thought!

I've always liked him but probably not our type of player (although appreciate he would be a good "different" option, so by no means a mad idea). I would rather see Nketiah getting the odd start though

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2018, 12:00 PM
No we need a wide forward. You don’t sign a striker when you’ve got Aubameyang and Lacazette.

Pepe seems to be the preferred option - not seen anything of him mind

PSRB
11-21-2018, 12:15 PM
He's Austrian, but I do like him too!

That's Eastern-ish

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2018, 12:45 PM
That's Eastern-ish

Depends where you are - it's just a short hop south from here

Rich
11-21-2018, 12:47 PM
Pepe seems to be the preferred option - not seen anything of him mind

Prefer Dembele, tbh. Also, I note that Munsilant is bringing in Wiegl in the summer to replace Ramsey. Any good?

WES
11-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Prefer Dembele, tbh. Also, I note that Munsilant is bringing in Wiegl in the summer to replace Ramsey. Any good?

That would be the Dembele that Barcelona recently paid around 100mil Euros for?

Tell me, Rich, what would you think the odds of that transfer going through would be?

Pokster
11-21-2018, 01:43 PM
That would be the Dembele that Barcelona recently paid around 100mil Euros for?

Tell me, Rich, what would you think the odds of that transfer going through would be?

This is Rich you are talking to...

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2018, 02:24 PM

Weigl is a very talented lad - wouldn't mind him at all