PDA

View Full Version : So. This quack reckons he can cure my hooter.

Sir C
11-16-2018, 11:01 AM
I will, he claims, be able to breathe through my nose by christmas. And I may develop a sense of smell.

This miracle involves shoving steroid up my bugle twice a day. Will my nose hget roid rage?

bbrian
11-16-2018, 11:52 AM
I will, he claims, be able to breathe through my nose by christmas. And I may develop a sense of smell.

This miracle involves shoving steroid up my bugle twice a day. Will my nose hget roid rage?

You will be on full alert and buzzing about like a demented person Sir C ....and ravenous 24/7

Burney
11-16-2018, 12:29 PM

Surely shoving pharmaceuticals up there is what got you into this mess in the first place? I would be extremely wary of this fellow if I were you. H

Sir C
11-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Surely shoving pharmaceuticals up there is what got you into this mess in the first place? I would be extremely wary of this fellow if I were you. H

Oddly, it appears that my issues are not drug related.

I have a nasal polyp.

Sir C
11-16-2018, 12:41 PM
You will be on full alert and buzzing about like a demented person Sir C ....and ravenous 24/7

Are the 'roids a bit speedy, than?

Burney
11-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Oddly, it appears that my issues are not drug related.

I have a nasal polyp.

Gosh. Imagine how many more drugs you could have got up there without that getting in the way.

It's probably saved your life.

Sir C
11-16-2018, 02:22 PM
Gosh. Imagine how many more drugs you could have got up there without that getting in the way.

It's probably saved your life.

He's given me hope and I fear he may fail. Imagine being able to breathe through both noseholes! IMAGINE SMELLING SOMETHING!

It's all too much. I need a lie down.

Burney
11-16-2018, 02:57 PM
He's given me hope and I fear he may fail. Imagine being able to breathe through both noseholes! IMAGINE SMELLING SOMETHING!

It's all too much. I need a lie down.

I was reading this amazing thread the other day by deafoids who've been cured of the deafness by implants. They were all describing the things that amazed them when they first heard again. One person was surprised people had different voices. Another thought the sun made a constant low roaring noise and another had previously thought sunshine would make different noises as it hit different things. Another screamed the first time she heard a toilet flush.

You might be like that. But with smells. Imagine smelling your wife for the first time!

Sir C
11-16-2018, 03:04 PM
I was reading this amazing thread the other day by deafoids who've been cured of the deafness by implants. They were all describing the things that amazed them when they first heard again. One person was surprised people had different voices. Another thought the sun made a constant low roaring noise and another had previously thought sunshine would make different noises as it hit different things. Another screamed the first time she heard a toilet flush.

You might be like that. But with smells. Imagine smelling your wife for the first time!

What are you trying to tell me about my wife? :-(

If I can smell again I might be able to taste better. Perhaps I can reduce my salt intake from its current 500g a day.

Burney
11-16-2018, 03:07 PM
What are you trying to tell me about my wife? :-(

If I can smell again I might be able to taste better. Perhaps I can reduce my salt intake from its current 500g a day.

I'm saying that she is a delightful lady of many gifts, which means everyone is happy to ignore the smell. :shrug:

Surely salt has nothing to do with the olfactory sense, though? That's purely a tongue thing.

Sir C
11-16-2018, 03:17 PM
I'm saying that she is a delightful lady of many gifts, which means everyone is happy to ignore the smell. :shrug:

Surely salt has nothing to do with the olfactory sense, though? That's purely a tongue thing.

I'm just thinking that if I can taste things more betterer I might not need to use sdo much salt, see? Fixing my nose is going to cure my life.

Burney
11-16-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm just thinking that if I can taste things more betterer I might not need to use sdo much salt, see? Fixing my nose is going to cure my life.

So will they just be cutting a lump out? Is that all there is to it? You could do that yourself with a pair of scissors.

Sir C
11-16-2018, 03:27 PM
So will they just be cutting a lump out? Is that all there is to it? You could do that yourself with a pair of scissors.

First the lump must be shrunked with steroids, then he will decide whether to chop, but chopping only works 30% of the time for the polyp often grows back quickly! He wasn't very clear, really. But he seemed confident.

I might be less snotty in general as well!