Tony C
11-12-2018, 12:55 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-46151838

What’s the deal with the mother?

Burney
11-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Dunno, but she is called Claudia Potatoes, so she's got my vote.

Pat Vegas
11-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Racists can be any colour and join any faction they wish they want these
days. #racistshaming

Sir C
11-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Not as bad as Illinois Nazis.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

barrybueno
11-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Not as bad as Illinois Nazis.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

:hehe: Well played.

Sir C
11-12-2018, 01:39 PM
:hehe: Well played.

I knew someone would get it b.

SWv2
11-12-2018, 02:18 PM
I knew someone would get it b.

30 years since i have seen that film, I wonder would it still be as good. Perhaps even better?

Sir C
11-12-2018, 02:19 PM
30 years since i have seen that film, I wonder would it still be as good. Perhaps even better?

I love it. I watch it at least one a year. I rate it alongside Withnail and Lebowski.

But that's just, like, my opinion man.

SWv2
11-12-2018, 02:24 PM
I love it. I watch it at least one a year. I rate it alongside Withnail and Lebowski.

Well yes, 3 excellent movies. Just have not seen BB in decades.

One always likes to revisit the old classics. Warriors, Apocalypse Now, Quadrophenia.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
11-12-2018, 02:24 PM

It's still brilliant as is Withnail (the filum not the awimber) but I've never really understood the fuss about Lebowski. Watched it years ago and didn't think much of it, saw it again on a flight fairly recently and my opinion has not changed :shrug: What am I missing, C?

Sir C
11-12-2018, 02:26 PM
It's still brilliant as is Withnail (the filum not the awimber) but I've never really understood the fuss about Lebowski. Watched it years ago and didn't think much of it, saw it again on a flight fairly recently and my opinion has not changed :shrug: What am I missing, C?

It's just the absuridty of the character, really. And Bridges does it so well.

Mind you, Goodman is also a bit special. :hehe:

Burney
11-12-2018, 02:27 PM

One always likes to revisit the old classics. Warriors, Apocalypse Now, Quadrophenia.

Alongside Kung Fu movies, I remember The Warriors being an absolute classic for sleepovers in the early 80s. We would watch it and then all beat each other up in new and innovative ways until someone's dad came down and told us to shut the fùck up and go to sleep.

Good timezzz.

Sir C
11-12-2018, 02:27 PM

:nod: Battle of Britain, The Cruel Sea, Ice Cold in Alex, 633 Squadron.

11-12-2018, 02:29 PM

Ok. Glad I wasn't missing something subtle :thumbup:

Burney

:nod: Goodman is the best thing in it. That and the nihilists. I remember hearing someone who watched it first in Germany with a German audience and saying they didn't even crack a smile at the nihilists.

Burney
:nod: Battle of Britain, The Cruel Sea, Ice Cold in Alex, 633 Squadron.

Zulu, Zulu, Zulu.

Sir C
11-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Ok. Glad I wasn't missing something subtle :thumbup:

Consider yer man Jesus with his bowling ball polishing schtick. That scene alone is worth the entrance money, surely?

Sir C
11-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Zulu, Zulu, Zulu.

Oh yes, Zulu bien sur.

The Dambusters and the David Lean Great Expectations.

Burney
Consider yer man Jesus with his bowling ball polishing schtick. That scene alone is worth the entrance money, surely?

:hehe: Oh, yes. John Turturro. Wasn't there supposed to be a spin-off movie about that character?

Oh yes - I did appreciate that bit. Of course, it was good to see it in it's original form rather than in social media memes. What a world we live in today.

Burney
11-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Oh yes, Zulu bien sur.

The Dambusters and the David Lean Great Expectations.

Yes. Although I do find the lack of armed combat in Great Expectations a bit of a problem. There's that boxing match where he biffs Herbert on the schnozz, but that's about it as I recall.

SWv2
11-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Alongside Kung Fu movies, I remember The Warriors being an absolute classic for sleepovers in the early 80s. We would watch it and then all beat each other up in new and innovative ways until someone's dad came down and told us to shut the fùck up and go to sleep.

Good timezzz.

Warriors is an absolute classic of film.

Escape from New York another.

Pat Vegas
11-12-2018, 02:35 PM
I watched the Towering inferno yesterday.
rather long winded.

Sir C
11-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Yes. Although I do find the lack of armed combat in Great Expectations a bit of a problem. There's that boxing match where he biffs Herbert on the schnozz, but that's about it as I recall.

Magwitch looks like he has the capacity to fúck you up good.

Burney
11-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Warriors is an absolute classic of film.

Escape from New York another.

Would you believe it is based on Xenophon's Anabasis, which was written in about 370BC?

I did not know this when watching it while full of crisps and fizzy pop, of course, but it adds to my enjoyment of it now.

Burney
11-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Magwitch looks like he has the capacity to fúck you up good.

Given how much time he's spent on that prison hulk, I'd say you could have stopped after 'you'.

Burney
11-12-2018, 02:39 PM
I watched the Towering inferno yesterday.
rather long winded.

There's a very boring story about the way Newman and McQueen's agents worked out who got top billing on the poster for that.

It's a dull film as I recall. The Poseidon Adventure was much better.

Tony C
11-12-2018, 02:41 PM
re:warriors

Once Were Warriors :bow: