PDA

View Full Version : Lunch?

IUFG
11-08-2018, 11:04 AM
reheated kebab :eat:

in other news, whilst at the kebab shop last night I had a pickled egg.

I haven't had one of those in years and years.

Fúcking delicious imo. wd the pickled egg.

Sir C
11-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Wait, you went to the kebab shop and ordered two kebabs, and saved one for lunch? That is a level of forward planning rarely seen in these days of instant gratification. I salute you.

I have a Kobuto chilli chicken ramen. Calling it a chilli chicken ramen really doesn't alter the fact that it's a Pot Noodle.

304 calories ftw.

PSRB
11-08-2018, 11:09 AM

Had kebab delivered last night with a side of jalapeño flamers :eat:

IUFG
11-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Wait, you went to the kebab shop and ordered two kebabs, and saved one for lunch? That is a level of forward planning rarely seen in these days of instant gratification. I salute you.

I have a Kobuto chilli chicken ramen. Calling it a chilli chicken ramen really doesn't alter the fact that it's a Pot Noodle.

304 calories ftw.

I bought a tray of kebab meat for a fiver.
No pitta, no salad just lovely, lovely, greasy kebab meat :cloud9:

I made my own up at home and had enough left over for lunch today :cholesterol:
:cloud9:

Sir C
11-08-2018, 11:12 AM

You are one of the filthiest human beings I have ever encountered, and I doff my cap to you sir. :chapeau:

Burney
11-08-2018, 11:17 AM

304 calories ftw.

I've just enjoyed my first cup of curried butternut squash soup. I shall have fruit for pudding.

Comfortably back in 32" trousers. Few more weeks and I can dig out the 30" ones again.

Burney
11-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Seems odd not to wrap the pickled egg in kebab meat to me. Surely that was the obvious thing to do?

IUFG
11-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Seems odd not to wrap the pickled egg in kebab meat to me. Surely that was the obvious thing to do?

I was eating it whilst the Turkish chap sliced the meat :shrug:

I may try your suggestion next time.

Burney
11-08-2018, 11:20 AM
I was eating it whilst the Turkish chap sliced the meat :shrug:

I may try your suggestion next time.

Must admit I've never seen a pickled egg in a kebab shop. I associate them with chippies.

Monty92
11-08-2018, 11:22 AM
I've just enjoyed my first cup of curried butternut squash soup. I shall have fruit for pudding.

Comfortably back in 32" trousers. Few more weeks and I can dig out the 30" ones again.

I don't think I've ever noticeably gained or lost weight, regardless of my diet or exercise routine.

There's basically no downside to this, is there... :cloud9:

IUFG
11-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Must admit I've never seen a pickled egg in a kebab shop. I associate them with chippies.

it was the old, village chippy and it was bought by a couple of Turkish chaps a few years ago. They've kept the chippy thing going and also diversified into kebabs and burger, etc.

More popular now than it ever was.

The only other takeaway choice in the village is Chinese :-\

Sir C
11-08-2018, 11:25 AM
I don't think I've ever noticeably gained or lost weight, regardless of my diet or exercise routine.

There's basically no downside to this, is there... :cloud9:

You'll hit 40 and turn into Obelix. Without the superhuman strength.

Monty92
11-08-2018, 11:31 AM
You'll hit 40 and turn into Obelix. Without the superhuman strength.

Weight lifting is great for keeping your metabolism down.

I'm going to die having never once had to turn down a bacon butty :cloud9:

Sir C
11-08-2018, 11:41 AM

I give it 5 years until you look like Philip Green. Sans yacht and supermodels.

Monty92
11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
I give it 5 years until you look like Philip Green. Sans yacht and supermodels.

My partner's just informed me that she's going to a vegan "dirty food" stall near Spitalfields for lunch, which sells burgers and wings made with jackfruit instead of meat.

I guess this is the point where I leave her, right? :-(

Sir C
11-08-2018, 11:58 AM
My partner's just informed me that she's going to a vegan "dirty food" stall near Spitalfields for lunch, which sells burgers and wings made with jackfruit instead of meat.

Ladies like vegetables, m. Also fruits, pulses and grains. This is simply a part of what makes them different. Do not judge her, until such a time as she tries to foist some of this foulness on you, atr which time you are quite entitled to punch her in the tits.

Burney
11-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Ladies like vegetables, m. Also fruits, pulses and grains. This is simply a part of what makes them different. Do not judge her, until such a time as she tries to foist some of this foulness on you, atr which time you are quite entitled to punch her in the tits.

I made a cauliflower and sweet potato curry the other day and served it with...this actually hurts me to admit...cauliflower rice. :cry:

Worst of all, I enjoyed it! :-(

Burney
11-08-2018, 12:02 PM

How do you make a wing out of jackfruit?

Burney
11-08-2018, 12:05 PM

Yeah, well done. It took you until your late 30s to summon up the courage to take 'shrooms, though. And even then you had to wait until you had medical professionals present, you big fanny.

Monty92
11-08-2018, 12:06 PM
How do you make a wing out of jackfruit?

They shape them onto cane skewers to make them a wing shaped, then breadcrumb and fry....apparently.

Burney
11-08-2018, 12:10 PM
They shape them onto cane skewers to make them a wing shaped, then breadcrumb and fry....apparently.

Surely they must see that this apeing of meat dishes is a tacit acknowledgement that the meat versions are better, though?

Monty92
11-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Surely they must see that this apeing of meat dishes is a tacit acknowledgement that the meat versions are better, though?

Nothing tastes "better" than how not killing animals feels....apparently.

Burney
11-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Nothing tastes "better" than how not killing animals feels....apparently.

That's why I make a point of not actually killing the animals myself. I leave that to some educationally subnormal cùnt on minimum wage to do that for me. Problem solved. :shrug:

Monty92
11-08-2018, 12:26 PM
That's why I make a point of not actually killing the animals myself. I leave that to some educationally subnormal cùnt on minimum wage to do that for me. Problem solved. :shrug:

It was vegan only food during my 4-day 'shroom experience. I kept emerging from my room chewing surreptitiously on animal-based snacks I'd stashed away in my suitcase. I felt like a naughty child.