PDA

View Full Version : What's a good London hotel which would make you look good to a chick, without being

eastgermanautos
11-06-2018, 12:29 PM
completely ruinous. Not going above $350 a night, in other words.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
11-06-2018, 12:31 PM

We still use Sterling over here, ta. Not the 51st state just yet :vsign:

Sir C
11-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Any central London hotel under £400 a night is going to be a squalid shítpit.

If you want to play, you've got to pay. :shrug:

Rich
11-06-2018, 12:40 PM

Got in at The Ned a few months ago for £380. Quite nice.

Rich
11-06-2018, 12:43 PM

Before I moved to Wimbledon (and therefore have no need for hotels in London), I tried a Premier Inn hub. Tiny little rooms but well appointed and fine for a night of rest. Think I paid £180 to stay in the Goodge St one & if one intends to be out and about then it seems like a good option, to me.

Sir C
11-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Before I moved to Wimbledon (and therefore have no need for hotels in London), I tried a Premier Inn hub. Tiny little rooms but well appointed and fine for a night of rest. Think I paid £180 to stay in the Goodge St one & if one intends to be out and about then it seems like a good option, to me.

Which chick wouldn't go weak at the knees at the sight of a Premier Inn, eh?

He wants The Beaumont, that's what he wants.

Rich
11-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Well it depends what her motives for meeting with e are, I suppose. And this isn't just any old Premier Inn.

The Delaunay is an option too, I would think.

Rich
11-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Speaking of chicks, I have booked a private beach bungalow for 2 nights at the Koyao Island Resort on Ko Yao Noi & then two nights at some little beach shack called Ko Yao Beach Bungalows. Any experience of either/recommendations to stay on Ko Yao Noi. Going in Feb.

PSRB
11-06-2018, 12:54 PM

The Rathbone Hotel :thumbup:

IUFG
11-06-2018, 01:28 PM

A suite at Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge London

You even get a terraced view of that there Big Ben.
Well, the Elizabeth Tower.
Or rather the scaffolding around it.

300 Queens Heads

Tony C
11-06-2018, 02:00 PM
The Churchill.

SWv2
11-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Travelodge on City Road.

Has a bar.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
11-06-2018, 02:03 PM
Aloft Excel. Has a pool.

IUFG
11-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Travelodge on City Road.

Has a bar.

tbf. You can't go wrong with a Travelodge or Premier Inn. You know what you are going to get...

A decent room, a bathroom and a large bed for whatever type of shenanigans* you want to get up to.

* sleeping :cloud9:

Sir C
11-06-2018, 02:52 PM
A suite at Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge London

You even get a terraced view of that there Big Ben.
Well, the Elizabeth Tower.
Or rather the scaffolding around it.

300 Queens Heads

I checked 8nto the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge around 15 minutes ago. I am using their free WiFi in my superior room, about to head to the bar and then wards to black tie dinner. Dull, dull, dull. Anyway, the fact remains, this place is a squalid ****pit.

Burney
11-06-2018, 04:10 PM
I checked 8nto the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge around 15 minutes ago. I am using their free WiFi in my superior room, about to head to the bar and then wards to black tie dinner. Dull, dull, dull. Anyway, the fact remains, this place is a squalid ****pit.

Last time I was there was in the dying throes of a bender when someone ended up ordering a bottle of Pink Champagne :-\

SWv2
11-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Does beg the question as to why one has booked into it?

eastgermanautos
11-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Okay, I'm inclined to credit your suggestions. Even if you are a capitalist fvck, this is the sort of knowledge base one wants for choice of a good hotel.

And you did come up with a good suggestion for Hong Kong, the Mandarin Oriental. Going to be spending a good bit of time there, as we've set up an office at Shaw Studios. I'll try this Park Plaza you speak of. And if any of you lads want to come over for a drink, please say so. :thumbup:

The Rob2
11-08-2018, 08:39 PM
I don't think prostitutes mind tbh

eastgermanautos
11-08-2018, 11:12 PM
I don't think prostitutes mind tbh

Still gotta sneak em in though ;-)