PDA

View Full Version : A what point does one become "rich"* in leftie speak?

PSRB
10-30-2018, 03:02 PM
*I'm not referring to metamorphosing into our resident GP

Burney
10-30-2018, 03:21 PM

As far as I can make out, you're in their sights the minute you start having to pay 40%. There's currently an article in The Guardian demanding that Labour pledge to reverse these tax cuts on the basis that they're supposed to act for the many rather than the few.

Putting aside the sheer electoral suicide of such an act, I'd have thought 32 million people was the many rather than the few.

Sir C
10-30-2018, 03:43 PM

When you don't live in Our poverty. It's perfectly simple: if you can't afford an iPhone 8 and have to make do with your crappy old iPhone 7S, you're living in poverty and bástard Tories are literally trying to kill you. Once you can afford an upgrade, you're an evil Far Right thug dtermined to undermine Our NHS and cause transes to suicied themselves.

Easy, see?

Pat Vegas
10-30-2018, 03:48 PM
When you don't live in Our poverty. It's perfectly simple: if you can't afford an iPhone 8 and have to make do with your crappy old iPhone 7S, you're living in poverty and bástard Tories are literally trying to kill you. Once you can afford an upgrade, you're an evil Far Right thug dtermined to undermine Our NHS and cause transes to suicied themselves.

Easy, see?

Man dem don't do upgrades I buy my phones

Sir C
10-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Man dem don't do upgrades I buy my phones

You are clearly a Far Right reactionary element and I'm going to have to report you to Our Jeremy.

Pat Vegas
10-30-2018, 03:51 PM
You are clearly a Far Right reactionary element and I'm going to have to report you to Our Jeremy.

hmm, I am also confused I like now to buy nice clothing. but I understand very poor people also do this to show off rather than eat. how can one tell the difference.
:shrug:

redgunamo
10-30-2018, 03:59 PM
As far as I can make out, you're in their sights the minute you start having to pay 40%. There's currently an article in The Guardian demanding that Labour pledge to reverse these tax cuts on the basis that they're supposed to act for the many rather than the few.

Putting aside the sheer electoral suicide of such an act, I'd have thought 32 million people was the many rather than the few.

I doubt it's about detail or anything like that. It's merely one of the numberless slurs they use for people they don't like.

7sisters
10-30-2018, 04:34 PM

Easy, see?

I recently eschewed the additional expense of the 8, in favour of a cracking deal on a 7s. There's pretty much FA between most of the iphones from what I can discern, aside from louder speakers and camera improvements. From my perspective, if you're that bothered about picture quality from your phone then stop being a knob and go all out on a proper 35mm job.

7S - 10mb, £50 quid down and..... 27 quid a month.. Now, unless you're 14 and use snapchat or Instagram to excess, this is an absolute no brainer for a chap in his 50's. :old:

Sir C
10-30-2018, 04:37 PM
I recently eschewed the additional expense of the 8, in favour of a cracking deal on a 7s. There's pretty much FA between most of the iphones from what I can discern, aside from louder speakers and camera improvements. From my perspective, if you're that bothered about picture quality from your phone then stop being a knob and go all out on a proper 35mm job.

7S - 10mb, £50 quid down and..... 27 quid a month.. Now, unless you're 14 and use snapchat or Instagram to excess, this is an absolute no brainer for a chap in his 50's. :old:

I can't tell one from the other, to be quite honest. Every couple of years a new one arrives, but it's fúck all to do with me. I think I've got an 8 but can't be sure.

Burney
10-30-2018, 04:51 PM
I can't tell one from the other, to be quite honest. Every couple of years a new one arrives, but it's fúck all to do with me. I think I've got an 8 but can't be sure.

I think I've got a 7 Plus. I've really no idea, though. I keep promising myself I'll liberate myself from Apple's tyranny, but that would involve actually finding stuff about about telephones and I don't understand how the music thing would then work.

All in all, I'm hopelessly lost. :-(

Sir C
10-30-2018, 04:52 PM
I think I've got a 7 Plus. I've really no idea, though. I keep promising myself I'll liberate myself from Apple's tyranny, but that would involve actually finding stuff about about telephones and I don't understand how the music thing would then work.

All in all, I'm hopelessly lost. :-(

Yes, I'd say it's the music issue that troubles me most. I fear that the dead chap has us firmly by the balls.

PSRB
10-30-2018, 04:54 PM
Yes, I'd say it's the music issue that troubles me most. I fear that the dead chap has us firmly by the balls.

I won't change now until 5G is properly up and running. Quite happy with my 40GB of data for £16 per month :-)

Sir C
10-30-2018, 04:55 PM
I won't change now until 5G is properly up and running. Quite happy with my 40GB of data for £16 per month :-)

I have not the first clue what any of that means, p.

You've always been down with the youth, haven't you? :-(

Burney
10-30-2018, 04:56 PM

I've only just got my music collection back to where it was before I split up with R. I'm really quite loath to have to buy it all over again. :-(

Sir C
10-30-2018, 04:58 PM
I've only just got my music collection back to where it was before I split up with R. I'm really quite loath to have to buy it all over again. :-(

I'm sure some genius would be able to turn it into the sort of file you could put on a different phone. E could probably do it tbh, she's of that age.

7sisters
10-30-2018, 04:58 PM

Indeed. I'm quite aghast at the rentals on the X and XS models. Again, I'm no expert but one can get the full Sky package for what these command.
Nicer cameras, bevelled edges and some type of face recognition bollix that enables you to become a gold plated tw@t, sending out animated emoji's of yourself as a Monkey, Dog.... possibly a giant p*nis for all I know. :kerching:

Sir C
10-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Indeed. I'm quite aghast at the rentals on the X and XS models. Again, I'm no expert but one can get the full Sky package for what these command.
Nicer cameras, bevelled edges and some type of face recognition bollix that enables you to become a gold plated tw@t, sending out animated emoji's of yourself as a Monkey, Dog.... possibly a giant p*nis for all I know. :kerching:

I rather like the sound of this giant pénis, 7. Have you always been blessed in the trouser department?

Burney
10-30-2018, 05:23 PM
I'm sure some genius would be able to turn it into the sort of file you could put on a different phone. E could probably do it tbh, she's of that age.

Oh, she wouldn't dream of actually paying for music. :rolleyes:

Sir C
10-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Oh, she wouldn't dream of actually paying for music. :rolleyes:

Where on earth might she have learnt this rather cavalier attitude to property rights?

PSRB
10-31-2018, 10:00 AM
I have not the first clue what any of that means, p.

You've always been down with the youth, haven't you? :-(

It essentially means that I can stream what I like when not on wi-fi, with no worries about extra charges :thumbup:

Sir C
10-31-2018, 10:07 AM
It essentially means that I can stream what I like when not on wi-fi, with no worries about extra charges :thumbup:

Tits and that, is it?

Nice.

PSRB
10-31-2018, 10:27 AM
Tits and that, is it?

Nice.

and music and films

IUFG
10-31-2018, 11:00 AM

when one can afford a round of drinks at the o2, it would appear...