PDA

View Full Version : It's nearly time for the Christmas Party

Pat Vegas
10-30-2018, 09:04 AM
well a month or so.

what shall I wear? the pressure is immense as I am fashion icon these days.

Sir C
10-30-2018, 09:12 AM
well a month or so.

For a party I'd look at something in a royal blue; single-breasted, slim cut, 2 button jacket, 4 button sleeve - if the event in formal I'd even consider a tan brogue to go with that.

Burney
10-30-2018, 09:24 AM
For a party I'd look at something in a royal blue; single-breasted, slim cut, 2 button jacket, 4 button sleeve - if the event in formal I'd even consider a tan brogue to go with that.

Hang on. A tan brogue? What trouserings are you proposing here? I trust you're not suggesting wearing brown shoes with a blue suit like some sort of....well...Dutchman, are you?

Pat Vegas
10-30-2018, 09:25 AM

yes i like this. can i wear my gucci belt?

Sir C
10-30-2018, 09:28 AM
Hang on. A tan brogue? What trouserings are you proposing here? I trust you're not suggesting wearing brown shoes with a blue suit like some sort of....well...Dutchman, are you?

You have no concept of style, old chap. Sticking unthinkingly to some outmoded 'rules', which were never actually rules in the first place, simply shows that you lack imagination and a sense of flair.

Now pop your wellies back on and get back to your spud patch, there's a good paddy.

Burney
10-30-2018, 09:33 AM
You have no concept of style, old chap. Sticking unthinkingly to some outmoded 'rules', which were never actually rules in the first place, simply shows that you lack imagination and a sense of flair.

Now pop your wellies back on and get back to your spud patch, there's a good paddy.

Oh, dear me. You are. How extremely distressing. :-(

Fortunately, I am a broad-minded sort and can overlook even this enormity. I mean I can never forget that you propose to prance around looking as though you got dressed in the dark, but I can forgive, since that is what Our Lord Jesus Christ implored us to do.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-30-2018, 10:54 AM
Don't wear one of those fashionable blue suits Fash
They are cundish

redgunamo
10-30-2018, 04:00 PM
well a month or so.

Black Tie or national costume, I reckon. Number 1 Kit, if applicable.

Otherwise, don't go.

Burney
10-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Black Tie or national costume, I reckon. Number 1 Kit, if applicable.

Otherwise, don't go.

I think f is part-Canadian.

I think that means he can go as a Mountie or a lumberjack. Possibly a toothless ice hockey player.

What's English national costume, btw?

PSRB
10-30-2018, 04:10 PM
I think f is part-Canadian.

I think that means he can go as a Mountie or a lumberjack. Possibly a toothless ice hockey player.

What's English national costume, btw?

Black tie, obvs

Burney
10-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Black tie, obvs

Right. And Americans?

PSRB
10-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Right. And Americans?

Cowboy attire

Burney
10-30-2018, 04:18 PM
Cowboy attire

Of course. I became very fond of Calvin Coolidge when I read that he was once presented with a sort of ceremonial cowboy outfit while in South Dakota and was so enamoured of it that he took to wearing it at every opportunity - even while riding a mechanical horse in the White House itself.

This fact alone would make him my favourite ever US President. Added to his famous taciturnity, which meant he barely ever spoke, he sounds to me like the perfect leader for a capitalist democracy.