Luis Anaconda
10-26-2018, 08:23 AM
Yo WTF!!!

He must be like 50 by now surely?

Cesc and Hleb on the same pitch and not for us :cry:

SWv2
10-26-2018, 08:26 AM
Cesc and Hleb on the same pitch and not for us :cry:

Neither would get into our current team.

Even in their pomp.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-26-2018, 08:37 AM

Even in their pomp.

Serious? I’d have Hleb over Iwobi and Mkhitaryan (useless ****) and Fabregas gets in easily. In fact I’d probably take Fabregas from 09/10 over Özil.

SWv2
10-26-2018, 08:47 AM
Serious? I’d have Hleb over Iwobi and Mkhitaryan (useless ****) and Fabregas gets in easily. In fact I’d probably take Fabregas from 09/10 over Özil.

Perhaps a little facetious however I would not necessarily disrupt the first choice midfield of Torreria/Xhaka to accommodate Fabregas nor would I remove Ozil when Ozil is what we know he can be.

Hleb was a really lovely footballer for sure.

I am perfectly happy and at ease with the current set up, players come in and out and we continue on the path. I really don’t get the hatred of Mkhytarian, not just you but I have seen now successive reports from that clown Arseblog where his performances have been written off as ineffective. He may not have completely dominated the game on Monday as Mesut did however he was not necessarily any more “ineffective” than a few others last night, noticeable late in the game working back to assist Bellerin on occasion.

Perhaps even when things are going well there is a need for a target, or a scapegoat for whatever.

There is no doubt he can contribute more but to simply label him as infective is a nonsense.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Perhaps a little facetious however I would not necessarily disrupt the first choice midfield of Torreria/Xhaka to accommodate Fabregas nor would I remove Ozil when Ozil is what we know he can be.

Hleb was a really lovely footballer for sure.

I am perfectly happy and at ease with the current set up, players come in and out and we continue on the path. I really don’t get the hatred of Mkhytarian, not just you but I have seen now successive reports from that clown Arseblog where his performances have been written off as ineffective. He may not have completely dominated the game on Monday as Mesut did however he was not necessarily any more “ineffective” than a few others last night, noticeable late in the game working back to assist Bellerin on occasion.

Perhaps even when things are going well there is a need for a target, or a scapegoat for whatever.

There is no doubt he can contribute more but to simply label him as infective is a nonsense.

I wouldn’t say he’s a target, he’s just not performing to expectations (mine at least). He drifts in and out of games too much and often has defensive lapses leaving Bellerin exposed. Although as you say he also can be seen providing good cover on occasions which is the frustrating part. For me the fact Iwobi is now clearly ahead of him in the pecking order says it all really. Granted Iwobi has improved a lot but his promotion to the first 11 is just as much down to Mkhitaryan being poor as it is Iwobi’s improvement.

SWv2
10-26-2018, 09:06 AM
I wouldn’t say he’s a target, he’s just not performing to expectations (mine at least). He drifts in and out of games too much and often has defensive lapses leaving Bellerin exposed. Although as you say he also can be seen providing good cover on occasions which is the frustrating part. For me the fact Iwobi is now clearly ahead of him in the pecking order says it all really. Granted Iwobi has improved a lot but his promotion to the first 11 is just as much down to Mkhitaryan being poor as it is Iwobi’s improvement.

Iwobi is having his purple patch and is doing excellently, good luck to him. Think there is 3-4 of them who will constantly revolve / rotate through the season with only really 1 of Lacazette/Aubameyang and Ozil being permanent fixtures if you will.

Iwobi, Henrik, Ramsey, Welbeck.

Love it.

Sir C
10-26-2018, 09:07 AM

Even in their pomp.

Fabregas in his pomp was the best midfield player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. And I say that having watched Brady in his pomp.

IUFG
10-26-2018, 09:16 AM
Fabregas in his pomp was the best midfield player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

David Rocastle.
Patrick Vieira.

There's two midfielders better than Fabregas imo.

SWv2
10-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Fabregas in his pomp was the best midfield player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. And I say that having watched Brady in his pomp.

I have never at any point said he was not a fantastic footballer.

Merely I have said I would not disrupt the balance of the current midfield duo of Torreira and Xhaka for him, nor would I remove Ozil from the 10 position in his stead. To accommodate him in a 3 man midfield with the aforementioned duo then lovely.

Boss eyed little Spanish shíthouse that he is.

Sir C
10-26-2018, 09:39 AM
I have never at any point said he was not a fantastic footballer.

Merely I have said I would not disrupt the balance of the current midfield duo of Torreira and Xhaka for him, nor would I remove Ozil from the 10 position in his stead. To accommodate him in a 3 man midfield with the aforementioned duo then lovely.

Boss eyed little Spanish shíthouse that he is.

I'd drop Ozil for him in the blink of an eye. His ability to carry a team by force of will alone made him twice the player Ozil has been for us - and as you know I am a great admirer of the googly-eyed pretendy-German.

It's all about opions, isn't it?

Sir C
10-26-2018, 09:40 AM
David Rocastle.
Patrick Vieira.

There's two midfielders better than Fabregas imo.

Have you received a blow to the head?

SWv2
10-26-2018, 09:42 AM
I'd drop Ozil for him in the blink of an eye. His ability to carry a team by force of will alone made him twice the player Ozil has been for us - and as you know I am a great admirer of the googly-eyed pretendy-German.

It's all about opions, isn't it?

You hate Germans also, possibly a legacy of your Dutch heritage.

I can understand it though it reflects poorly on you as a person.

I don't hate English footballers or people in comparison.

SWv2
10-26-2018, 09:46 AM

Now, Patrick Vieria was a simply magnificent footballer. Let there be no doubt on that please.

We were so ridiculously fúcking spoiled in that 5-6 year period that sometimes it is easy to forget or overlook.

If you are singling out Fabregas for his ability to carry a team then may I suggest you look at a video of the Spurs cup semi-final at Old Trafford in 2000 and whatever and witness a midfield display that defined midfield football of that era.

LA will be along presently to point another game I am sure.

Luis Anaconda
10-26-2018, 09:49 AM
Now, Patrick Vieria was a simply magnificent footballer. Let there be no doubt on that please.

We were so ridiculously fúcking spoiled in that 5-6 year period that sometimes it is easy to forget or overlook.

If you are singling out Fabregas for his ability to carry a team then may I suggest you look at a video of the Spurs cup semi-final at Old Trafford in 2000 and whatever and witness a midfield display that defined midfield football of that era.

LA will be along presently to point another game I am sure.

Ray Parlour at Anfield December 2001 - simply the finest display I have ever seen in Arsenal shirt

SWv2
10-26-2018, 09:51 AM
Ray Parlour at Anfield December 2001 - simply the finest display I have ever seen in Arsenal shirt

The 2-1 minus GvB?

Luis Anaconda
10-26-2018, 09:56 AM
The 2-1 minus GvB?

That's the one - Kanu alongside him in midfield. Bossed the game with 10 men and showed the over-rated show pony Gerrard what a real footballer is (obviously helped having Pires, Henry and Freddie taking the piss out of their shocking defence in front of him, and Keown, Campbell, Cole and Lauren behind). Christ we were spoilt

IUFG
10-26-2018, 10:01 AM

No.

All about opinions, innit.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-26-2018, 10:04 AM

the majestic Liam Brady shows you are way past your pomp.

Anyway, this wánking holiday up in The Lakes. Room for one more?