It’s like Wenger never left.

Dago Chauncey Gardiner OUT!

WES
10-23-2018, 10:03 AM
Our star striker on the wing.

Yup. :nod:

Other than the bit where we've won 10 in a row, of course.

You must be gutted :hehe:

Peter
10-23-2018, 10:06 AM

Some cracking goals as well. Almost Wenger-like at times (apart from the work rate, obviously :))

Monty92
10-23-2018, 10:07 AM
Just promise me you’ll never forget that Wenger laid the foundations for the glorious era that awaits us. :(

Peter
10-23-2018, 10:09 AM
Just promise me you’ll never forget that Wenger laid the foundations for the glorious era that awaits us. :(

Or just remember the many amazing things he did during his reign and the incredible sides and players we got to watch because of him.

and forget the last few years where things got a bit unpleasant.

SWv2
10-23-2018, 10:15 AM

For shame.

Trying to give AW credit when we all know it was GG who pioneered the policy of playing your full back in a totally opposite role to what most expect. Nigel Winterburn for those not of a certain age.

I expect you are too young to really remember.

The whole clinging onto Wenger is a sad thing to see. Move on, he is history. Should have been sacked earlier. The future is bright.

Monty92
10-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Please stop talking

For shame.

Trying to give AW credit when we all know it was GG who pioneered the policy of playing your full back in a totally opposite role to what most expect. Nigel Winterburn for those not of a certain age.

The whole clinging onto Wenger is a sad thing to see. Move on, he is history. Should have been sacked earlier. The future is bright.

WES
10-23-2018, 12:15 PM

Oh yes, I'll never forget what he did for the club. How could any sensible Arsenal supporter not recognize the enormous, positive impact he had on us? :shrug:

Equally, I think it is important that we recognize that if not for sycophantic, childish supporters like you who were incapable of objective, rational analysis we would have retired him 4-5 years earlier than we did thereby improving the historical view of his legacy, eliminating 4-5 years of unnecessary angst and conflict within the club and providing the additional success that might have meant that we were in the middle of period of unparalleled success at this point rather than just the beginning.

It is you who caused this. You and people like you. This is your fault and you should accept your culpability and consider the option of getting a new hobby.

:-)

eastgermanautos
10-23-2018, 12:29 PM
For shame.

The Wretched Cur has been kicked out of doors, which was long overdue. Let him go and coach Sri Lanka.

SWv2
10-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Oh yes, I'll never forget what he did for the club. How could any sensible Arsenal supporter not recognize the enormous, positive impact he had on us? :shrug:

Equally, I think it is important that we recognize that if not for sycophantic, childish supporters like you who were incapable of objective, rational analysis we would have retired him 4-5 years earlier than we did thereby improving the historical view of his legacy, eliminating 4-5 years of unnecessary angst and conflict within the club and providing the additional success that might have meant that we were in the middle of period of unparalleled success at this point rather than just the beginning.

It is you who caused this. You and people like you. This is your fault and you should accept your culpability and consider the option of getting a new hobby.

:-)

I think he is struggling with the fact that the world has not caved in around us because Wenger left.

Early days of course but the most interesting and exciting days in a decade.

AFC East
10-23-2018, 01:04 PM
For shame.

Bright, but we will never win the league under Emery. We might win a Champions League knockout game next year.

7sisters
10-23-2018, 01:14 PM
Bright, but we will never win the league under Emery. We might win a Champions League knockout game next year.

Well, you may as well roll out that statement for any incoming manager.
Why not just say, our chances have improved significantly under our new manager.
We all accept that we'll never outspend the like of City, Chelsea or United. :shrug:

Sir C
10-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Well, you may as well roll out that statement for any incoming manager.
Why not just say, our chances have improved significantly under our new manager.
We all accept that we'll never outspend the like of City, Chelsea or United. :shrug:

What makes you think our chances have improved significantly?

I'm not saying they haven't, or that they have. I'm just wondering how you can make such a judgementat this point.

7sisters
10-23-2018, 01:21 PM

Speaking of wheeling in a new LB. I hope the scouts are tracking both Chilwell or Sessignon.

7sisters
10-23-2018, 01:28 PM

I'm not saying they haven't, or that they have. I'm just wondering how you can make such a judgementat this point.

The new man has addressed several weaknesses that have been apparent for a few years. We've not had a player like Torriera for a while now. He was at the centre of most of our build up play last night but equally impressive, was his cover for the defence.
You cant also fail to acknowledge what he's done for the likes of Iwobi and Xhaka, by improving their effectiveness by about 200%.

I realise its early days and the need to not get ahead of ourselves but the squad are playing with real purpose and appear to be far fitter under the new training management.

He just needs to work on his press conference Spanglish and he'll cut quite the manager.

WES
10-23-2018, 01:28 PM
Speaking of wheeling in a new LB. I hope the scouts are tracking both Chilwell or Sessignon.

And Digne who I have been very impressed with when I have seen him (twice). :-)

WES
10-23-2018, 01:30 PM
The new man has addressed several weaknesses that have been apparent for a few years. We've not had a player like Torriera for a while now. He was at the centre of most of our build up play last night but equally impressive, was his cover for the defence.
You cant also fail to acknowledge what he's done for the likes of Iwobi and Xhaka, by improving their effectiveness by about 200%.

I realise its early days and the need to not get ahead of ourselves but the squad are playing with real purpose and appear to be far fitter under the new training management.

Not to mention that results were getting worse under Wenger with no sign of change.

You could add in that Emery has won a league within the past few years even if it was PSG in a one team league. I'd also point out that stating that our chances have improved significantly is far less controversial than saying that we will never win the league under Emery.

Cause that bit is just nonsense.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-23-2018, 01:34 PM
I think he is struggling with the fact that the world has not caved in around us because Wenger left.

Early days of course but the most interesting and exciting days in a decade.

I think there’s a fair few looking at it feeling gutted that they might not be able to say “I told you so” in terms of Arsene leaving and us turning into a load of ****e.

AFC East
10-23-2018, 01:35 PM

Because I don't think they have. I may change my mind in 3 months, but I'm far from convinced we will be able to stop the best teams scoring. Spurs building a stadium has helped. We need Chelsea, Man C and Liverpool to do the same.

7sisters
10-23-2018, 01:42 PM
And Digne who I have been very impressed with when I have seen him (twice). :-)

Digne is unlikely to leave Everton so soon. There's probably a more realistic opportunity of prizing the other two away.

SWv2
10-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Digne is unlikely to leave Everton so soon. There's probably a more realistic opportunity of prizing the other two away.

Especially since Chilwell has just agreed and signed a new deal and also any transfer fee will have gone up about £10m as he is now a full international.

AFC East
10-23-2018, 01:57 PM
You could add in that Emery has won a league within the past few years even if it was PSG in a one team league. I'd also point out that stating that our chances have improved significantly is far less controversial than saying that we will never win the league under Emery.

Cause that bit is just nonsense.

Of course there is always a chance, I'm being flippant.

The fact he managed to lose the league with PSG is more remarkable than the fact he won it.

Sir C
10-23-2018, 02:01 PM

He just needs to work on his press conference Spanglish and he'll cut quite the manager.

So we are significantly more likely to win the league under Emery because.... Torreira.

OK then.

Pokster
10-23-2018, 02:25 PM
So we are significantly more likely to win the league under Emery because.... Torreira.

OK then.

Run further, sprint more, picks players on form.... not a past it frenchie.

We won't win the league but have more chance of finishing top 4

AFC East
10-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Run further, sprint more, picks players on form.... not a past it frenchie.

We won't win the league but have more chance of finishing top 4

Spurs' stadium and Mourinho's meltdown are arguably the most important part of this change.

IUFG
10-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Spurs' stadium and Mourinho's meltdown are arguably the most important part of this change.

Every team has a blip. Spurs are having theirs - being a decent team - that is.

Mourinho, on the other hand, was wholly predictable.

At least Emery is making decisions that the fans can see - picking players on form, hooking underperformers... and Torreira :love:

Peter
10-23-2018, 03:39 PM

I like the way we are talking about winning a knockout game in the Champions League. Maybe we should focus on actually qualifying for it first :)

At this stage nobody knows what to expect in the future and that is rather a lovely feeling.

Peter
10-23-2018, 03:43 PM

OK then.

I think the two most pleasing aspects are the obvious impact he has had on some existing players (Iwobi for example) and the fact that the signings that the new structure has made so far appear to be pulling us in the right direction- at this point Guendouzi, Toerreira, the Greek lad and the new keeper are looking like good additions.

Its a good start.

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2018, 03:53 PM
I like the way we are talking about winning a knockout game in the Champions League. Maybe we should focus on actually qualifying for it first :)

At this stage nobody knows what to expect in the future and that is rather a lovely feeling.
I don't like this cheerful Peter, p. It's unnerving

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-23-2018, 04:07 PM
I don't like this cheerful Peter, p. It's unnerving

It won't last.