PDA

View Full Version : Tonight the temperature will not fall below 20c. It’s mid-October.

Rich
10-12-2018, 09:08 AM
This must be some sort of record, Shirley? Even during the heatwave the temperature would fall to around 19c at night.

IUFG
10-12-2018, 09:15 AM
This must be some sort of record, Shirley?

no, this is a record
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/de/14/ff/de14ff726f97092cf7795e1a283273a6--rez-underworld.jpg

Tony C
10-12-2018, 09:32 AM
It’s because of all the smug imo

#SouthPark

Burney
10-12-2018, 10:18 AM
This must be some sort of record, Shirley? Even during the heatwave the temperature would fall to around 19c at night.

I keep feeling really hot and having to take my dressing gown off. Is it global warming? The menopause? Or have I just completely fvcked my body's thermostat with drink?

Sir C
10-12-2018, 10:20 AM
I keep feeling really hot and having to take my dressing gown off. Is it global warming? The menopause? Or have I just completely fvcked my body's thermostat with drink?

Go and wash yourself, you repulsive creature.

Burney
10-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Go and wash yourself, you repulsive creature.

I'm currently in bed writing a feature about motors for electric vehicles. I worry that washing might interrupt my creative flow.

Sir C
10-12-2018, 10:23 AM
I'm currently in bed writing a feature about motors for electric vehicles. I worry that washing might interrupt my creative flow.

'Motors for electic vehicles are the work of faggots and Satanists'.

That should be your opening argument.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-12-2018, 10:35 AM
I can picture Burney sitting up in bed : legs crossed, dressing gown on, quizzical look on his face
Glass of Alka Seltzer fizzing by his side

Burney
10-12-2018, 10:42 AM
I can picture Burney sitting up in bed : legs crossed, dressing gown on, quizzical look on his face
Glass of Alka Seltzer fizzing by his side

This is eerily accurate - right down to the crossed legs. Although I had the Alka Seltzer about two hours ago and only the foul, powdery dregs remain.

Are you looking through my bedroom window, s? :-(

Rich
10-12-2018, 10:46 AM

I couldn't be sure. What I can be sure of is that the stupidly warm weather will not prevent me from lighting the fire tonight. I did not buy a family home in Wimbledon with a large fire to be told that I must sit in the garden in October.

The log man came with a tonne (ton?) of logs last weekend. They will be gone by spring :cloud9:

Burney
10-12-2018, 10:48 AM
I couldn't be sure. What I can be sure of is that the stupidly warm weather will not prevent me from lighting the fire tonight. I did not buy a family home in Wimbledon with a large fire to be told that I must sit in the garden in October.

The log man came with a tonne (ton?) of logs last weekend. They will be gone by spring :cloud9:

I take it you illegally burn coal as well? You can't beat coal.

Pokster
10-12-2018, 10:51 AM

You bought logs???? I assume you were sensible and bought briquettes with practically no moisture rather than buying logs
https://www.woodfuel.coop/

Sir C
10-12-2018, 10:53 AM
You bought logs???? I assume you were sensible and bought briquettes with practically no moisture rather than buying logs

They don't look like a cosy log fire, though.

No, you want a nice log fire to build up some hot coals, then you chuck a load of coal on top, wait half an hour, then strip naked and open all the doors and windows.

Pokster
10-12-2018, 10:55 AM

No, you want a nice log fire to build up some hot coals, then you chuck a load of coal on top, wait half an hour, then strip naked and open all the doors and windows.

And they look just like a log/coal fire except they are hotter and you use less fuel

PSRB
10-12-2018, 10:58 AM

and then invite B round....

Viva Prat Vegas
10-12-2018, 11:00 AM
:hehe: :hehe:

Burney
10-12-2018, 11:01 AM
and then invite B round....

There's nothing gay about two men grappling naked on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring fire, psrb. Nothing could be more manly.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-12-2018, 11:05 AM

We've been having temperatures below 0'C at night and now this weekend it might be BBQ weather. ****ing mental.

barrybueno
10-12-2018, 11:13 AM

And yet the eco-****s stiil ain't happy.

Bigger and more frequent hurricanes, earthquakes, floods etc in other countries is a small price to pay for this beautiful warmth :cloud9:

barrybueno
10-12-2018, 11:17 AM
no, this is a record
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/de/14/ff/de14ff726f97092cf7795e1a283273a6--rez-underworld.jpg

That's not a record, this is a record!

Rich
10-12-2018, 11:18 AM
I take it you illegally burn coal as well? You can't beat coal.

Coal just sort of glows, though. I enjoy the drama of burning logs. The crackle, the light, the smell :cloud9:

Wd logs imo.

Rich
10-12-2018, 11:20 AM

I bought what my parents buy which is barn seasoned logs. Can't be dealing with logs with lots of sap that take forever to burn.

Also, there are some trees at the end of my garden with TPOs on them. Any idea how they can unfortunately catch a disease and have to be felled? They're going to block the sun on my BBQ area in the summer.

PSRB
10-12-2018, 11:31 AM
I bought what my parents buy which is barn seasoned logs. Can't be dealing with logs with lots of sap that take forever to burn.

Also, there are some trees at the end of my garden with TPOs on them. Any idea how they can unfortunately catch a disease and have to be felled? They're going to block the sun on my BBQ area in the summer.

I have a similar issue, rather hoping this storm blows it onto their house

Rich
10-12-2018, 12:23 PM
I have a similar issue, rather hoping this storm blows it onto their house

One of the Partners knows of a tree surgeon that will declare that they have a certain type of disease (tree cancer) that means they have to be felled & will do all of the necessary paperwork, all for a small fee :cloud9:

Pokster
10-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Coal just sort of glows, though. I enjoy the drama of burning logs. The crackle, the light, the smell :cloud9:

Wd logs imo.

The crackle is because they aren't dry enough... you still get the aroma with briquettes but without the extra ash