PDA

View Full Version : It's at around this time each day that I start to fancy a drink.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 02:05 PM
When I retire my liver is going to fail in about 6 weeks.

Burney
10-09-2018, 02:09 PM
When I retire my liver is going to fail in about 6 weeks.

Funny you should say that. I'm working from home and have just poured myself a wee glass to aid the creative juices.

Do you think you might become a pub goer when you retire? A regular discussing sheep prices and similar with your fellow locals over a pint? Because let's face it, you're going to have to do something to get out of each other's hair.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 02:24 PM
Funny you should say that. I'm working from home and have just poured myself a wee glass to aid the creative juices.

Do you think you might become a pub goer when you retire? A regular discussing sheep prices and similar with your fellow locals over a pint? Because let's face it, you're going to have to do something to get out of each other's hair.

Perhaps. Perhaps a little charity work. I may seek election to the village council. I quite fancy a lollipop. Or being a parkie. You get a uniform and you're licensed to shout at kids!

Burney
10-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Perhaps. Perhaps a little charity work. I may seek election to the village council. I quite fancy a lollipop. Or being a parkie. You get a uniform and you're licensed to shout at kids!

I got my actual Tory membership card the other day. I'm seriously considering popping up to Much Hadham to harangue my MP. Thankfully there's a bar. Distressingly, though, the meals served are fish and chips, chicken and chips and pie and chips. In a Conservative meeting! What the fvck is the world coming to?