PDA

View Full Version : Decent article from the Tele on why everything is so much better under Unai

WES
10-09-2018, 11:13 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/09/exactly-has-changed-arsenal-unai-emery/

Monty92
10-09-2018, 11:22 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/09/exactly-has-changed-arsenal-unai-emery/

nahnahnahnahnahnahnah I can't hear you

:-(

Luis Anaconda
10-09-2018, 11:25 AM
nahnahnahnahnahnahnah I can't hear you

:-(

There, there - you'll be fine in a couple of years

SWv2
10-09-2018, 11:29 AM

Haven't we always trained on the pitch the night before foreign matches?

Some decent points in the article but that one appears a little generous.

I was reading at the weekend how he likes us to train the day before a game at the exact time of kick-off the following day and for home games said session is on the Emirates pitch.

Still you know, new manager new ideas. Hardly rocket science stuff.

Pokster
10-09-2018, 11:35 AM

I was reading at the weekend how he likes us to train the day before a game at the exact time of kick-off the following day and for home games said session is on the Emirates pitch.

Man City Academy has different sort of grass pitches (3) that they train on depending on who they are playing.. do it to match the surface that the other team uses....... out La'd la there

Burney
10-09-2018, 11:35 AM

Also, we've played a real bunch of sh1t since he lost his first two. Mind you, it seems increasingly clear that there are only six decent sides in the league at the moment.

Pokster
10-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Also, we've played a real bunch of sh1t since he lost his first two. Mind you, it seems increasingly clear that there are only six decent sides in the league at the moment.

Are you counting Wolves or Man U as number 6

Burney
10-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Are you counting Wolves or Man U as number 6

As a great man once said 'Ask me in May'.

SWv2
10-09-2018, 11:42 AM

9 wins in a row for a new manager including a few away league games is not to be sniffed at irrespective of the sides we have played. The Chelsea game is really the only one so far we have managed to allow slip away. Next up we have Palace and Leicester which if we won both would take us to the Scousers and a more serious test.

The post-Fulham euphoria is perhaps excessive however it is also understandable.

Burney
10-09-2018, 12:06 PM
9 wins in a row for a new manager including a few away league games is not to be sniffed at irrespective of the sides we have played. The Chelsea game is really the only one so far we have managed to allow slip away. Next up we have Palace and Leicester which if we won both would take us to the Scousers and a more serious test.

The post-Fulham euphoria is perhaps excessive however it is also understandable.

Is it churlish to wish there were a few more clean sheets in among that lot, though?

redgunamo
10-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Is it churlish to wish there were a few more clean sheets in among that lot, though?

There's not too many rock solid defences about anymore, imo. Not just us. Because of all the attacking quality available, especially at the top but even further down the table, it seems there's an acceptance that the opposition team will score; with your "apparently" better players, you just have to score more.

We won the league in '91 allowing just 18 goals; Manchester City, despite dominating last season, let in almost thirty, I think, which seems about par recently.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 12:37 PM

Yes, ridiculously churlish.

The man has been in the job a few weeks. He has a whole squad, indeed a whole football club, to get operating in line with his plan.

If, at this point, we had lost 4 and drawn a couple, I wouldn't have been in the least surprised.

This bloke may turn out to be utter mince, but to suggest that he is doing anything other than remarkably well at this point is Cascarino-esque.

Burney
10-09-2018, 12:45 PM

The man has been in the job a few weeks. He has a whole squad, indeed a whole football club, to get operating in line with his plan.

If, at this point, we had lost 4 and drawn a couple, I wouldn't have been in the least surprised.

This bloke may turn out to be utter mince, but to suggest that he is doing anything other than remarkably well at this point is Cascarino-esque.

You’ve made Arsene cry. :-(

Burney
10-09-2018, 12:47 PM
There's not too many rock solid defences about anymore, imo. Not just us. Because of all the attacking quality available, especially at the top but even further down the table, it seems there's an acceptance that the opposition team will score; with your "apparently" better players, you just have to score more.

We won the league in '91 allowing just 18 goals; Manchester City, despite dominating last season, let in almost thirty, I think, which seems about par recently.

Yes. People seem to think it’s just about scoring more than the other chap these days. Awfully vulgar if you ask me.

SWv2
10-09-2018, 12:52 PM

This bloke may turn out to be utter mince but to suggest that he is doing anything other than remarkably well at this point is Cascarino-esque.

Why do you hate him?

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Why do you hate him?

You will note that I have advised against judging him yet. I certainly do not hate him. Just because he lept into Arsene's chair while it was still warm and didn't have the decency to tell Gazidis to go fúck himself, as an honourable man would have done, doesn't mean that I hate the filthy chap.

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:10 PM
Why do you hate him?

If someone killed your (albeit nagging and past her prime) wife of 22 years and the next day dumped some random bint on your doorstep and said "Here, live with her. And have sex with her tonight. Come on, forget the last two decades, life goes on, just do it" .....would you be happy, even if she was a bit of a looker with three wafer cups under her knickers?

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:11 PM
If someone killed your (albeit nagging and past her prime) wife and the next day dumped some random bint on your doorstep and said "Here, live with her. And have sex with her tonight. Come on, forget the last 22 years, life goes on, just do it" .....would you be happy?

This bird I have to have sex with tonight who's been duped on my doorstep - she's alive, right?

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:13 PM
This bird I have to have sex with tonight who's been duped on my doorstep - she's alive, right?

Yes, and a touch younger, not a grey hair in sight, and has actually managed to win a European ****ing trophy. But it's not your soulmate and life partner, who is now dead.

What do you do?

Peter
10-09-2018, 01:16 PM
If someone killed your (albeit nagging and past her prime) wife of 22 years and the next day dumped some random bint on your doorstep and said "Here, live with her. And have sex with her tonight. Come on, forget the last two decades, life goes on, just do it" .....would you be happy, even if she was a bit of a looker with three wafer cups under her knickers?

Er, oh, um, yes, I would be absolutely furious! What a dreadful thought......

SWv2
10-09-2018, 01:17 PM

So you get rid of the first wife, who you have wanted to get rid of for years and who you secretly hoped would leave you in order to save you the hassle, and in return you get a new younger model with new ideas and practices.

Win win in my book.

The killing bit is excessive, that I grant you. Though nob

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Yes, and a touch younger, not a grey hair in sight, and has actually managed to win a European ****ing trophy. But it's not your soulmate and life partner, who is now dead.

What do you do?

I think a better analogy is that your mum and dad split up and with undue haste she takes up with a new fella who barely speaks English. He makes her happy, the household's running more smoothly and the rows have stopped, but still and all he's not your dad, is he? He's just some cvnt who's turned up and is knobbing your mum. Your dad, meanwhile, is in Totteridge, alone and staring out the window. :cry:

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Er, oh, um, yes, I would be absolutely furious! What a dreadful thought......

:nod: And this one's not a vegan.

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:25 PM
So you get rid of the first wife, who you have wanted to get rid of for years and who you secretly hoped would leave you in order to save you the hassle, and in return you get a new younger model with new ideas and practices.

Win win in my book.

The killing bit is excessive, that I grant you. Though nob

But I didn't want to get rid of the first wife, though. She was my soulmate. Sure, the sex had become infrequent and I was often reduced to masturbating in the bathroom, but that doesn't mean I stopped loving her for a second. And there was the occasional wild night too when she'd keep the spark alive by letting me stick it in her bum (win the FA Cup).

You talk as if we lived entirely separate lives when it was a perfectly functional relationship :shrug:

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:28 PM
But I didn't want to get rid of the first wife, though. She was my soulmate. Sure, the sex had become infrequent and I was often reduced to masturbating in the bathroom, but that doesn't mean I stopped loving her for a second. And there was the occasional wild night too when she'd keep the spark alive by letting me stick it in her bum (win the FA Cup).

You talk as if we lived entirely separate lives when it was a perfectly functional relationship :shrug:

Hang on. If the FA Cup is anal, what's winning the Champion's League?

Pokster

keep, the lights on

Sir C

What do you do?

I peer mournfully at my shrivelled, flaccid member, like a dessicated prawn hanging dead from a fence, and remember...

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:29 PM
I think a better analogy is that your mum and dad split up and with undue haste she takes up with a new fella who barely speaks English. He makes her happy, the household's running more smoothly and the rows have stopped, but still and all he's not your dad, is he? He's just some cvnt who's turned up and is knobbing your mum. Your dad, meanwhile, is in Totteridge, alone and staring out the window. :cry:

But in that scenario I could presumably still go and live with my dad (what with him living alone in an 8-bedroom detached house n'all) if I so wished.

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Fúck knows, but I wouldn't recommend googling it at work.

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:30 PM
But in that scenario I could presumably still go and live with my dad (what with him living alone in an 8-bedroom detached house n'all) if I so wished.

Nah. She's got custody and you're a minor.

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:31 PM
I peer mournfully at my shrivelled, flaccid member, like a dessicated prawn hanging dead from a fence, and remember...

How did the prawn get on the fence?

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Your dad lives alone in an 8 bedroom detached house?

You might want to be a bit nicer to him. And ndver, ever admit that you wanted to fúck his mum.

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Your dad lives alone in an 8 bedroom detached house?

You might want to be a bit nicer to him. And ndver, ever admit that you wanted to fúck his mum.

He's not really still in Totteridge on his tod is he? :-( It really is a very unremarkable place - even for Hertfordshire.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:35 PM
How did the prawn get on the fence?

It was dropped by a passing gull, tern or, perhaps, guillemot who, having caught, boiled and peeled the prawn, became careless and allowed it to slip from its grasp as it flew home to enjoy a fruits de mer in the comfort of its nest.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Fúck knows, but I wouldn't recommend googling it at work.

I'm not really a fan of anal. It makes my haemorrhoids bleed. :-(

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:36 PM
He's not really still in Totteridge on his tod is he? :-( It really is a very unremarkable place - even for Hertfordshire.

The Orange Tree is a nice summer pub

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:39 PM
The Orange Tree is a nice summer pub

You think AW goes to the pub?

Gilberto used to go the pub in St Alban's and play his mandolin. Good old Gilberto (although I've a nasty feeling I read that he's a bit of a commie these days).

Peter
10-09-2018, 01:42 PM
:nod: And this one's not a vegan.

Aside from the previous wife dying (and I really dont see why this is necessary) its a genuine thumps up from me.

Not fussed re the whole vegan thing. It has its upsides. One doesnt need to worry about putting on weight as there. Is **** all worth eating.

I havent felt this healthy in years.

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:42 PM

Gilberto used to go the pub in St Alban's and play his mandolin. Good old Gilberto (although I've a nasty feeling I read that he's a bit of a commie these days).

Doesn't being a commie mean he'll almost certainly be put in prison or summarily shot if he returns to Brazil under this new chap?

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:43 PM
It was dropped by a passing gull, tern or, perhaps, guillemot who, having caught, boiled and peeled the prawn, became careless and allowed it to slip from its grasp as it flew home to enjoy a fruits de mer in the comfort of its nest.

It's ages since I had a good fruits de mer. The best I ever had was in a restaurant above a fish market in Etaples. Piled high, it was. Lobster, crab, prawns, oysters, mussels, winkles and the snottiest of bulots to chew your way through. As good a meal as I've ever had, I'd say.

Luis Anaconda
10-09-2018, 01:43 PM

I was actually surprised how nice the pubs in St Albans were - I think I might have been at the nice end of town but I remember going to a wedding in one a few years back and it seemed like something out of a Guy Ritchie film (though that might of been the people who were getting married's fault

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Doesn't being a commie mean he'll almost certainly be put in prison or summarily shot if he returns to Brazil under this new chap?

:nod: Or chucked out of a helicopter. It's for the best, though.

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Aside from the previous wife dying (and I really dont see why this is necessary) its a genuine thumps up from me.

Not fussed re the whole vegan thing. It has its upsides. One doesnt need to worry about putting on weight as there. Is **** all worth eating.

I havent felt this healthy in years.

This seems a very miserable way to look at things, p. :-(

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:48 PM
It's ages since I had a good fruits de mer. The best I ever had was in a restaurant above a fish market in Etaples. Piled high, it was. Lobster, crab, prawns, oysters, mussels, winkles and the snottiest of bulots to chew your way through. As good a meal as I've ever had, I'd say.

I like that place in Etaples. Aux Pecheurs, I believe. Haven't been for 15 years, probably. Oddly, getting decent seafood in Le Touquet or Etaples was never as easy as, say, Dieppe or Deauville. Although of course Le Touquet has Perard, which was still wonderful when I last went a couple of months ago. Thinking about it, I first went to Perard in 1988. I can't think of another restaurant I've been going to for 30 years. Rules, maybe?

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:48 PM
I was actually surprised how nice the pubs in St Albans were - I think I might have been at the nice end of town but I remember going to a wedding in one a few years back and it seemed like something out of a Guy Ritchie film (though that might of been the people who were getting married's fault

Smudger lives in St Albans. I know this because he recently texted me with his address to ask me to send him something in the post :cloud9:

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:49 PM

There are a couple of very nice ones. There's the Fighting Cocks out near Verulamium (which is the oldest pub in the country) and there's a nice one at the far end of the high street that's very good.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:49 PM
This seems a very miserable way to look at things, p. :-(

Well, no shít! peter, looking at things miserably? Who would have thought it?

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Smudger lives in St Albans. I know this because he recently texted me with his address to ask me to send him something in the post :cloud9:

Is it nudes of your mum?

Monty92
10-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Is it nudes of your mum?

We nearly bought a decent sized family home in St Albans about five years ago but bottled it and opted for a poky little flat in Highgate. Now we've been totally priced out and are going to have to move out to ****ing Kent :-(

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:54 PM
I like that place in Etaples. Aux Pecheurs, I believe. Haven't been for 15 years, probably. Oddly, getting decent seafood in Le Touquet or Etaples was never as easy as, say, Dieppe or Deauville. Although of course Le Touquet has Perard, which was still wonderful when I last went a couple of months ago. Thinking about it, I first went to Perard in 1988. I can't think of another restaurant I've been going to for 30 years. Rules, maybe?

That's the chap. I think I last went in 2012.

I'm starting to only be able to remember the years things happened by trying to remember which woman I was with at the time. Problem is, I sometimes say things like 'You remember when we went to such and such?' only to remember too late that that was in my previous life. This can lead to a certain froideur.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:55 PM
That's the chap. I think I last went in 2012.

I'm starting to only be able to remember the years things happened by trying to remember which woman I was with at the time. Problem is, I sometimes say things like 'You remember when we went to such and such?' only to remember too late that that was in my previous life. This can lead to a certain froideur.

You know dat.

I once used the wrong name...

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:56 PM
We nearly bought a decent sized family home in St Albans about five years ago but bottled it and opted for a poky little flat in Highgate. Now we've been totally priced out and are going to have to move out to ****ing Kent :-(

Yeah, we looked at it before we bought this place, but it was just too far out for work and we'd have got much less for our money.

Luis Anaconda
10-09-2018, 01:56 PM

that's funny as the friend I was meeting has an uncanny resemblance to him - and a brummy accent. **** striker though

Burney
10-09-2018, 01:58 PM
You know dat.

I once used the wrong name...

Oooof! I've never done that. I've always been very, very paranoid about that.

Good God! It wasn't...you know...during, was it? :yikes:

Sir C
10-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Yeah, we looked at it before we bought this place, but it was just too far out for work and we'd have got much less for our money.

Get yourself up Shap way.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68538863.htmlhttp://

Pokster
10-09-2018, 02:00 PM

She'd need a short name

IUFG
10-09-2018, 02:01 PM

Don't worry, m.

Sell your flat now and wait for the post-Brexit housing market crash.

You could then move in next to Arsene in Harmsworth Way :thumbup:

Burney
10-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Get yourself up Shap way.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68538863.htmlhttp://

That would be lovely. Although I fear the commute might take it out of me.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 02:04 PM

Christ no. For a start I'd have had to remove the gag.

Burney
10-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Christ no. For a start I'd have had to remove the gag.

Yes. Not easy with the handcuffs on, I don't suppose.

I'm well aware mine would go absolutely fvcking garrity if I ever did that and have managed to guard against it for six years now.

How far in were you when you did it (as it were).

Sir C
10-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Yes. Not easy with the handcuffs on, I don't suppose.

I'm well aware mine would go absolutely fvcking garrity if I ever did that and have managed to guard against it for six years now.

How far in were you when you did it (as it were).

About 3 years. It was completely ignored, to the extent that I have a slight question over whether I was heard.

No. I was definitely heard. Ignring it was simply the best way around it. wd glw.

Burney
10-09-2018, 02:27 PM
About 3 years. It was completely ignored, to the extent that I have a slight question over whether I was heard.

No. I was definitely heard. Ignring it was simply the best way around it. wd glw.

:nod: Good work. On reflection, I'm probably being unfair on the wife. It could probably be laughed off now. A few years ago, not so much.

Mind you, I wouldn't give a toss if she called me 'Neil', I don't think. But then I - as you've often pointed out - have no real feelings.