PDA

View Full Version : Fillet of pork, peppers, onions, courgette, King Edward potatoes, herbs and spices.

Rich
10-09-2018, 10:13 AM
What should I rustle up for supper?

Oh, and chickpeas.

Pokster
10-09-2018, 10:13 AM

Fish finger sandwich... no need to thank me

Sir C
10-09-2018, 10:15 AM

Oh, and chickpeas.

Boil a shoe and serve it in a sauce of tepid water. That will replicate the experience of eating a pork fillet.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-09-2018, 10:17 AM

Oh, and chickpeas.

Sounds like the contents of a bag on Ready Steady Cook.

Rich
10-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Boil a shoe and serve it in a sauce of tepid water. That will replicate the experience of eating a pork fillet.

I have the breasts of chickens and a duck as well but already have plans for them (stir fry/pancakes). Thank you for your help...

SWv2
10-09-2018, 10:20 AM

Which in a strange coincidence was a television programme over run with complete ****s.

Rich
10-09-2018, 10:22 AM

I'm thinking of marinading the fillet, then flash frying to seal the outside. Then add chopped veg and chickpeas to the pan with all the juices from the pork. Cook them up in that, then re-add the fillet until medium rare. Slice fillet and serve on bed of chickpeas and veg which should have absorbed some flavour from the pork juices and marinade.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 10:23 AM
I have the breasts of chickens and a duck as well but already have plans for them (stir fry/pancakes). Thank you for your help...

Your shopping list is fillet of pork and chicken breasts? Have you ever experimented with food that tastes of something?

Billy Goat Sverige
10-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Which in a strange coincidence was a television programme over run with complete ****s.

:hehe: :hehe:

Burney
10-09-2018, 10:30 AM

I always quite liked it. I liked the way the food always looked absolutely fvcking awful.

Sir C
10-09-2018, 10:32 AM
I always quite liked it. I liked the way the food always looked absolutely fvcking awful.

I liked it when it was presented by thon fat bird, but then along came Ainsley :-(

I appreciate you've shared intimacy with Mr Harriott but, between us girls, the man is an utter ****.

SWv2
10-09-2018, 10:36 AM

I can watch and almost enjoy most food programs on television as you sit and watch a lovely dish be created in front of you while nodding sagely and telling yourself, and indeed anyone else in the room, that yes you could nail that quite easily.

Even better if you are sat there enjoying your evening meal of a massive bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes adorned with sliced banana at the time. Cook that you ****.

Unfortunately television food programmes are invariably ruined by either the presenters, the chefs or the competitors who are normally wánkers to a man, apart from Rick Stein.

From memory RSC had that buffoon Ainsley Harriot plus Worrall Thompson, Paul Rankin and Aldo Zilli. Now, defend that if you can.

Rich
10-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Your shopping list is fillet of pork and chicken breasts? Have you ever experimented with food that tastes of something?

My shopping list? Assume you mean my fiancee's.

IUFG
10-09-2018, 10:40 AM
From memory RSC had that buffoon Ainsley Harriot plus Worrall Thompson, Paul Rankin and Aldo Zilli. Now, defend that if you can.

Any defence of that lot would fall apart like a powder-puff Arsenal rearguard.