PDA

View Full Version : Mikkie MOTM by some distance for me

WES
10-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Absolutely wonderful to watch, he was. Quite how he isn’t in the team ahead of that Welsh muppet I have no idea.

You can actually see this coming together; some of our pressing and attacking play at pace was a joy. And I don’t agree that we’re poor defensively. We give the ball away too much trying to play out from the back, but that is different than being poor defensively. In fact, some of defending once we give it away is actually pretty good. Torreira gets some credit there but I think generally we defend dangerous situations better than we used to.

Everything is so much better under Unai :cloud9:

Pokster
10-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Absolutely wonderful to watch, he was. Quite how he isn’t in the team ahead of that Welsh muppet I have no idea.

You can actually see this coming together; some of our pressing and attacking play at pace was a joy. And I don’t agree that we’re poor defensively. We give the ball away too much trying to play out from the back, but that is different than being poor defensively. In fact, some of defending once we give it away is actually pretty good. Torreira gets some credit there but I think generally we defend dangerous situations better than we used to.

Because they don't play in the same position usually... muppet, you, not him

IUFG
10-08-2018, 07:27 AM

Iwobi or Torreira - MOTM for me.

Iwobi. I may need to issue a formal apology for my previous slating of him.

Unai's drugs have started to work :cloud9:

Peter
10-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Because they don't play in the same position usually... muppet, you, not him

Quite funny to think of Ramsey having a position.

Aubamayang's first goal was wonderful- the first touch, judging the bounce....just magnificent. His second wasnt bad either.

Ramsey's 'goal of the season' was actually quite irritating. I will not miss him at all.

Pokster
10-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Aubamayang's first goal was wonderful- the first touch, judging the bounce....just magnificent. His second wasnt bad either.

Ramsey's 'goal of the season' was actually quite irritating. I will not miss him at all.

Woud you like 50p so you can call someonme who gives a ****

Luis Anaconda
10-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Woud you like 50p so you can call someonme who gives a ****

I do think Peter has managed to out-miserable even you. The less said about WES the better

Pokster
10-08-2018, 08:57 AM
I do think Peter has managed to out-miserable even you. The less said about WES the better

To be honets I think berni has become the most miserable poster on here, he trys to suck the joy out of everything, including WES's mum

PSRB
10-08-2018, 09:09 AM
Iwobi or Torreira - MOTM for me.

Iwobi. I may need to issue a formal apology for my previous slating of him.

Unai's drugs have started to work :cloud9:

Are you all mental? Lacazette, complete game changer. 2 bits of brilliance and both at times when nothing much was happening

Monty92
10-08-2018, 09:12 AM

Despite all the tricks and flicks, I think what I loved most about the Ramsey goal was Miki's simple but devastatingly effective pass out to Aubameyang. So many other players would have played it into his feet, rather than the space ahead.

Which is nice, since I've found him to be bang average since we signed him.

SWv2
10-08-2018, 09:13 AM

I must admit that the recent marginalisation of HM for league games concerned me somewhat so his inclusion and performance for the full 90 minutes was very encouraging, his pass to Aubameyang in that goal was superb and is being overlooked in the overall scheme of said goal.

He is a marvellous footballer when things are good.

Interesting all the same, all played very well from Leno to the subs.

Wd Emery.

Wenger out!

IUFG
10-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Are you all mental? Lacazette, complete game changer. 2 bits of brilliance and both at times when nothing much was happening

I think everyone played well, tbf.

Lacazette? Took his goals really well, but it is too cliched to give MOTM to a goal hanger imo.

SWv2
10-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Despite all the tricks and flicks, I think what I loved most about the Ramsey goal was Miki's simple but devastatingly effective pass out to Aubameyang. So many other players would have played it into his feet, rather than the space ahead.

Have to say "bang average" is not a term in the world of football analysis that I would associate with a mind like yours.

PSRB
10-08-2018, 09:19 AM
I think everyone played well, tbf.

Lacazette? Took his goals really well, but it is too cliched to give MOTM to a goal hanger imo.

:fishing: imo

Monty92
10-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Have to say "bang average" is not a term in the world of football analysis that I would associate with a mind like yours.

It feels like a lifetime ago that you called me a ****.

I knew something hasn't felt quite right, but I can cancel the doctor's appointment now.

redgunamo
10-08-2018, 09:28 AM
:fishing: imo

Well said, P.

Luis Anaconda
10-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Indeed - thought the same, or the pass would have pushed him wide. Lovely ball

SWv2
10-08-2018, 09:29 AM
It feels like a lifetime ago that you called me a ****.

I knew something hasn't felt quite right, but I can cancel the doctor's appointment now.

Oh you are a ****, we both know that and have long accepted that. I am glad we can clarify that.

However, Henrik Mkhytarian / bang average. The parenting of very young children has got to you. Snap out of it.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-08-2018, 09:37 AM
I thought Miki had overplayed that pass to Auba

Wonderful goal :cloud9:

Sir C
10-08-2018, 09:39 AM

In what way was such a group display of skill, confidence, imagination and athleticism 'irritating'?

IUFG
10-08-2018, 09:40 AM
In what way was such a group display of skill, confidence, imagination and athleticism 'irritating'?

Not enough tika taka. Obvs.

Monty92
10-08-2018, 09:45 AM

I found it quite irritating too :hide:

Sir C
10-08-2018, 09:56 AM
I found it quite irritating too :hide:

Would you care to explain why?

PSRB
10-08-2018, 10:11 AM

The header and the ball to Mhiki, all a bit jerky and not as flowing as it I'd have liked it..... :hide:

The rest was lovely

Monty92
10-08-2018, 10:15 AM

I can't really, sorry.

Tony C
10-08-2018, 10:27 AM
It’s the reverse of those games back in the day when Flamini was MOTM. Always said something is very wrong if he’s your MOTM.

Here we have a game where you can make a strong case for a number of players which is an extremely positive sign imo

Shame about the International break.

WES
10-08-2018, 10:36 AM
The header and the ball to Mhiki, all a bit jerky and not as flowing as it I'd have liked it..... :hide:

The rest was lovely

Against a better more disciplined team the useless Welsh muppet would have lost the ball there. Hector’s flick and Ramsey’s finish were mildly irritating in the sense that if frivolous moments like that don’t come off many people would be giving them both earfuls. Mikkie’s ball to Boomerang was the bit of genius in the move. Ramsey’s chipped pass at the start also awfully good.

Burney
10-08-2018, 10:41 AM

I think I know what he means. It felt a bit like a relic of a bygone era. We aren't the team that scores that sort of goal any more - even though we are.

That definitely made more sense in my head.

Peter
10-08-2018, 10:45 AM
I think I know what he means. It felt a bit like a relic of a bygone era. We aren't the team that scores that sort of goal any more - even though we are.

It was presented to me as a goal of the season, containing incredible skill. I saw some rather messy flicks and headers and a fairly fortunate finish. For me, not even the best goal in the game.

Sir C
10-08-2018, 10:45 AM

I see what you mean.

You hate Arsene Wenger and you hate art, elegance and beauty.

Fair enough.

Burney
10-08-2018, 10:50 AM
I see what you mean.

You hate Arsene Wenger and you hate art, elegance and beauty.

Fair enough.

I didn't say I felt like that - just that I can see why those like p and m who do hate Arsene Wenger would find it irritating.

WES
10-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Speaking of bang average. I watched Keita play for Liverpool yesterday. He wasn’t in the first 11 and came on when someone was injured, I think. That was the last time I noticed him.

You need a new hobby. :nod:

Peter
10-08-2018, 11:48 AM
I didn't say I felt like that - just that I can see why those like p and m who do hate Arsene Wenger would find it irritating.

Having watched it again I have to agree with Monty. The best bit is the ball out to Aubamayang. It is perfectly angled and weighted.

SWv2
10-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Speaking of bang average. I watched Keita play for Liverpool yesterday. He wasn’t in the first 11 and came on when someone was injured, I think. That was the last time I noticed him.

You need a new hobby. :nod:

He wasn’t in the first 11 presumably because he went off injured quite early in the Napoli game midweek. Back spasms apparently, similar injury caused our odd looking German genius to miss yesterday’s game which perhaps was a stroke of luck.

You are correct that he did less than fúck all when he came on, but then Liverpool in general were poor in comparison to City.

Funny how for all the media fawning and group reacharounds that surround that football club we sit but 2 points behind them and will go past them when we beat them at the Emirates in a few weeks – if indeed not earlier.

In summary. Liverpool are wánkers to a man.

redgunamo
10-09-2018, 03:55 PM
In summary. Liverpool are wánkers to a man.

:nod: One of their players has a decent season and half their squad gets nominated for European Player of the Year.

Wànkers indeed.