PDA

View Full Version : Sokratis Papastathopoulos. The first player to score for Arsenal that hadn't played

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Under Wenger since Glen Helder.

IUFG
10-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Glenn Helder.

Back in the days when players had, ahem, character.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Yes thank you Jon Champion

Glenn Helder!
I think it was a winning lash into the net up at Boro

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Yes thank you Jon Champion

Glenn Helder!
I think it was a winning lash into the net up at Boro

3.0 i think.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Thanks Sod

(It was 3-2)

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:26 AM

I have to say I am very encouraged by the slightly bulky bubble.

Sooner we partner him with Holding and fúck the German out of an open window the better.

Sir C
10-05-2018, 10:32 AM

Sooner we partner him with Holding and fúck the German out of an open window the better.

I tend to agree with you here. I like the way this Greek chap is inclined to head the fúcking thing away.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2018, 10:38 AM
:nod:

Whereas some berk like Clichy would have passed it straight to an opponent in his own penalty area

Wheres the later Wenger defenders were reluctant, there's been a noticeable increase in the good old hoof up the field to clear the danger

WD Unai "Good Ebening" Emery

Luis Anaconda
10-05-2018, 11:32 AM

Very impressed with his interview afterwards - we need to work harder, we were lucky etc etc. Also times a sliding tackle well but when he gets one of them wrong it is going to spectactular

SWv2
10-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Very impressed with his interview afterwards - we need to work harder, we were lucky etc etc. Also times a sliding tackle well but when he gets one of them wrong it is going to spectactular

One of the recent matches, Newcastle or Everton perhaps, thought he was excellent and arguably our best player.

I have to say I had my doubts / reservations and I say that as a coach with a proven track record of success.

Luis Anaconda
10-05-2018, 12:08 PM
One of the recent matches, Newcastle or Everton perhaps, thought he was excellent and arguably our best player.

I have to say I had my doubts / reservations and I say that as a coach with a proven track record of success.

Newcastle - made some excellent challenges. He had to go off against Everton as he injured himself covering for you-know-who

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2018, 12:32 PM

Pity that other big Greek chap has been injured. I would have had him ahead of Holding at the start of the season.

Brafford
10-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Pity that other big Greek chap has been injured. I want to give PhenGold a shot (https://www.muscleandfitness.com/supplements/phengold-review/) and would have had him ahead of Holding at the start of the season.

Man, I vividly remember Glenn Helder even though he only played what, 2 seasons for us? That was a hell of a player.

Tony C
10-05-2018, 12:38 PM
London Bus that...straight away ESR and Gwen join the party.

SWv2
10-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Pity that other big Greek chap has been injured. I would have had him ahead of Holding at the start of the season.

After 2 games?

Holding has acquitted himself quite well in his time, indeed has done extremely well at times. Not sure what he has done to be so forgotten almost. Like to see him keep his place now.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-05-2018, 12:54 PM
After 2 games?

Holding has acquitted himself quite well in his time, indeed has done extremely well at times. Not sure what he has done to be so forgotten almost. Like to see him keep his place now.

Well i would have played both in the league cup and UEFA cup and then hopefully one would prove himself as a starter ahead of Mustafi. The big Greek has everything in his locker he just needs games to iron it out. Holding had stepped up to the plate though. I could see Emery have him ahead of Mustafi in the next game. He's proved as a manager he has the balls to boot out established players if a young buck is biting on their heels.