PDA

View Full Version : I heard a song on the radio yesterday it's called Nina Cried Power

Sir C
10-05-2018, 09:30 AM
it's by a man called Hozier it's good you should listen to it.

I am so down with the youth.

IUFG
10-05-2018, 09:41 AM

Accidentally hearing a song on the wireless does not make you down wit da yoot, sc

Sir C
10-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Accidentally hearing a song on the wireless does not make you down wit da yoot, sc

Perhaps you are right; what does make me down wit da yoot is that I didn't say, "What's all this nonsense, you can't even hear what they're singing, they're just shouting, where oh where is today's Perry Como or Matt Monro?"

Actually the world would be a much better place if Matt Monro was still Top Of The Pops. :-(

IUFG
10-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Perhaps you are right; what does make me down wit da yoot is that I didn't say, "What's all this nonsense, you can't even hear what they're singing, they're just shouting, where oh where is today's Perry Como or Matt Monro?"

Actually the world would be a much better place if Matt Monro was still Top Of The Pops. :-(

Ah, but, talking of shouting. Jess Glynne. What a fúcking unpleasant noise she makes.

Sir C
10-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Ah, but, talking of shouting. Jess Glynne. What a fúcking unpleasant noise she makes.

Jesus Christ i, what have you made me listen to? :-( Plus she's a fúcking ginger!

SWv2
10-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Irish of course, Wicklow.

I am not a fan.

Sir C
10-05-2018, 09:55 AM

I am not a fan.

Are you keeping well and prospering, sw?

IUFG
10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
I am not a fan.

of Hozier or Wicklow

SWv2
10-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Are you keeping well and prospering, sw?

I am, thank you.

So what is your current favourite tune from True Meanings?

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2018, 09:56 AM
I know nothing of these crooners
I've heard of Dua Lipa on account of her looks

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-05-2018, 09:57 AM

I am not a fan.

Ah, there you are. Do you think, as I do, that the latest Paul Weller offering is utter shìte?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-05-2018, 09:58 AM

on a horse yesterday and the bally thing decided to stop for a munch on the grass half way round. Oh well methinks, can't fully predict what animals might do but when I went to reclaim my tenner the scurrilous little weasel behind the glass said "It don't work like that mate" and seemed to think he could just trouser my money.

Even laughed at me when I threatened to involve the local constabulary. You told me this gambling lark was as easy as persuading your mum to take the cock in her mouth

Sir C
10-05-2018, 09:59 AM
I am, thank you.

So what is your current favourite tune from True Meanings?

Ah, Lesbian Nan has a new album out, does he? I will certainly investigate. Although when I come to think ofg it, I don't think I've bought a Weller album since Days of Speed.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2018, 10:00 AM
"...the bally thing decided to stop for a munch on the grass"

:hehe:

Was the horse called Sir C ?

Sir C
10-05-2018, 10:00 AM
on a horse yesterday and the bally thing decided to stop for a munch on the grass half way round. Oh well methinks, can't fully predict what animals might do but when I went to reclaim my tenner the scurrilous little weasel behind the glass said "It don't work like that mate" and seemed to think he could just trouser my money.

Even laughed at me when I threatened to involve the local constabulary. You told me this gambling lark was as easy as persuading your mum to take the cock in her mouth

It is easy, so long as you choose the correct horse. As your mum always says.

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:02 AM
of Hozier or Wicklow

The former.

Was never really into his stuff, not my bag, but given that I am in Ireland I would have suffered an enormous over exposure to said work. That bastárd song ‘Take Me to Church’ simply must have been played on the wireless, specifically the Breakfast Show, every day for what seemed like a decade. Then his other songs, gash.

I see him around, small town you see, big lanky string of scruffy píss, but I have kept my opinions to myself.

Wicklow is okay, nice in places and not so nice in other. Bray for example, shíthouse. Wicklow mountains, very nice. I climbed the Sugar Loaf mountain in the summer which is in Wicklow. Highest mountain in Leinster I think. Sat at the top and ate a packet of Tayto. True story.

Climb is probably overstating it. There was a path 75% of the way.

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Ah, Lesbian Nan has a new album out, does he? I will certainly investigate. Although when I come to think ofg it, I don't think I've bought a Weller album since Days of Speed.

Well can I (honestly and without prejudice) say that if you were to purchase it you will not regret it, especially if you enjoyed the acoustic feel of DoS.

It's a fúcking masterpiece.

Sir C
10-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Well can I (honestly and without prejudice) say that if you were to purchase it you will not regret it, especially if you enjoyed the acoustic feel of DoS.

It's a fúcking masterpiece.

I shall give it a listen sw, ty.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-05-2018, 10:05 AM
It is easy, so long as you choose the correct horse. As your mum always says.

no your mum

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Ah, there you are. Do you think, as I do, that the latest Paul Weller offering is utter shìte?

You have been waiting especially to attack me haven't you. Like an ambush.

:-|

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-05-2018, 10:06 AM

I may have pinched it from Wodehouse fash

10-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I shall give it a listen sw, ty.

Don't waste your time. At our ages 54 minutes is precious.

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Don't waste your time. At our ages 54 minutes is precious.

Don't think I will forget this moment.

Ever.

10-05-2018, 10:08 AM
You have been waiting especially to attack me haven't you. Like an ambush.

No, not at all. I liked his previous offering and just think he's trying too much to be different with every new albumum.

IUFG
10-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Sat at the top and ate a packet of Tayto. True story.

Which flavour?

Heard the new Orbital album yet?
I am not overly impressed tbh.

Currently listening to Lies Are More Flexible by GusGus.
You can't beat a bit of Icelandic electronica :music:

Sir C
10-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Are you calling me a lesbian?

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:16 AM
No, not at all. I liked his previous offering and just think he's trying too much to be different with every new albumum.

The back story is that he wrote one of the tunes (Gravity) about 5 years ago and has been unable to fit it into an album since, as you say some of his recent 33s have been all over the place genre wise. So he essentially wrote and got others to write the album around said tune and in a similar groove.

Even I would admit that there was a few albums pre AKR which were hit and miss in places.

This one is consistently on the button. I have genuinely listened to it on constant rotation every day for 3 weeks now since release (which now I see that I realise is wrong). I have of course been listening to other stuff also as that would be seriously fúcking weird otherwise.

Anyway I am not talking to you.

10-05-2018, 10:20 AM
The back story is that he wrote one of the tunes (Gravity) about 5 years ago and has been unable to fit it into an album since, as you say some of his recent 33s have been all over the place genre wise. So he essentially wrote and got others to write the album around said tune and in a similar groove.

Even I would admit that there was a few albums pre AKR which were hit and miss in places.

This one is consistently on the button. I have genuinely listened to it on constant rotation every day for 3 weeks now since release (which now I see that I realise is wrong). I have of course been listening to other stuff also as that would be seriously fúcking weird otherwise.

Anyway I am not talking to you.

Perhaps I should give it another chance.

Probably won't though :-)

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Which flavour?

Heard the new Orbital album yet?
I am not overly impressed tbh.

Currently listening to Lies Are More Flexible by GusGus.
You can't beat a bit of Icelandic electronica :music:

Cheese & Onion, the preferred crisp for mountain climbers.

I’ve recently discovered Spotify which has opened up a whole new world to me. Sadly new Orbital album did not get past a first listen, did not even complete a full first listen.

Interesting Gus Gus keep popping up in my “Daily Mix”, Benched from Arabian Horse earlier. Working my way through a fair bit of Thievery Corporation also.

On a slightly different twist I have been enjoying Solan Goose by Erland Cooper who you probably know from Erland & The Carnival. The album is a celebration of the indigenous avian wildlife of the Orkney Islands.

SWv2
10-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Perhaps I should give it another chance.

Probably won't though :-)

Did you see the "new" Strummer compilation thing?

7sisters
10-05-2018, 10:38 AM

The one who gets on my t1ts at the moment is George Ezra. I wish some one would appear back stage with a shotgun and blow the c*nt into the front row while in mid song to his collective of adoring middle class housewives.

10-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Did you see the "new" Strummer compilation thing?

Yeah - not much really 'new' but might be worth getting just for old times sake. His post-Clash stuff was ok istr, but not great.

Burney
10-05-2018, 01:30 PM

On your recommendation I googled this song. I then found myself confronted with a pile of mawkish, sentimental, virtue-signalling, ‘meaningful’ toss.

An absolutely terrible record. I’d rather listen to Paul Weller, ffs!

SWv2
10-05-2018, 01:32 PM
On your recommendation I googled this song. I then found myself confronted with a pile of mawkish, sentimental, virtue-signalling, ‘meaningful’ toss.

Thanks B, noted.

Sir C
10-05-2018, 01:34 PM

I sort of liked the wailing, shouty quality. I didn't notice any virtue-signalling. Fúck listening to the words.

Burney
10-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I sort of liked the wailing, shouty quality. I didn't notice any virtue-signalling. Fúck listening to the words.

Google the video. It becomes clear the man is a foul, lefty cùnt.