PDA

View Full Version : Christ's sake, we've got a game tonight!

Sir C
10-04-2018, 12:49 PM
It's on the telly early, I've no idea why.

Will we play a league cup side?

Shall I do my bets?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-04-2018, 01:02 PM
It's on the telly early, I've no idea why.

Will we play a league cup side?

Shall I do my bets?

So this gambling malarkey c. One simply hands a modest sum of money over to a bookmaker is it? And he hands back a larger sum.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Have you encountered any negative aspects to this apparent golden goose activity?

Tony C
10-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Provided he starts...ESR @ 3/1 to score anytime could be good.

He’s had his debut, nerves should be gone so hopefully he can get a couple decent chances. He had one really good chance very early on the other night but just rushed it.

iWobi @ 11/4 also looks good but he seems to be more about hard work and graft this season so don’t know how many chances he might get.

Some of the names in this Europa league though...F91 Dudelange..sounds like the Aldi version of a fighter plane, pretty sure MOL Vidi was a Star Wars character...one of them bears imo. Even Qarabag played a side call FC Sheriff whose logo is a cartoon sheriff’s badge...no jokes...look it up.

Sir C
10-04-2018, 01:17 PM
So this gambling malarkey c. One simply hands a modest sum of money over to a bookmaker is it? And he hands back a larger sum.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Have you encountered any negative aspects to this apparent golden goose activity?

Gracious me no. I commenced with my master plan on Wednesday last, since which auspicious day I have stripped the bookmaking fraternity of a total of £148! Such a sum is not to be sniffed at, rather like your mum's suppurating crotchpiece.

Sir C
10-04-2018, 01:18 PM

He’s had his debut, nerves should be gone so hopefully he can get a couple decent chances. He had one really good chance very early on the other night but just rushed it.

iWobi @ 11/4 also looks good but he seems to be more about hard work and graft this season so don’t know how many chances he might get.

Some of the names in this Europa league though...F91 Dudelange..sounds like the Aldi version of a fighter plane, pretty sure MOL Vidi was a Star Wars character...one of them bears imo. Even Qarabag played a side call FC Sheriff whose logo is a cartoon sheriff’s badge...no jokes...look it up.

Who on earth is ESR, t?

Luis Anaconda
10-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Who on earth is ESR, t?

Tomas Rosicky

Tony C
10-04-2018, 01:29 PM
7/1 Acca

FC Astana - Khazakstani Champions for the last 4 years...showed plenty of heart to score in the 5th minute of injury time to salvage a draw on match day 1 away to Dynamo Kyiv. Rennes might be in for a culture shock vs this lot.

Arsenal - Light work 4 nil

Chelsea - Even more lighter work 6nil

Ludogrets - I remember them going to PSG and beating them to help us win the group. Good side. Lost a 5 goal thriller on the opening night vs Bayer Leverkusen. They take a class drop tonight vs Zurich who needed a penalty to beat some team from Cyprus on opening night.

PSRB
10-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Who on earth is ESR, t?

One of our up and coming double-barrellers

Tony C
10-04-2018, 01:30 PM
Emile Smith Rowe

Sir C
10-04-2018, 01:30 PM
7/1 Acca

FC Astana - Khazakstani Champions for the last 4 years...showed plenty of heart to score in the 5th minute of injury time to salvage a draw on match day 1 away to Dynamo Kyiv. Rennes might be in for a culture shock vs this lot.

Arsenal - Light work 4 nil

Chelsea - Even more lighter work 6nil

Ludogrets - I remember them going to PSG and beating them to help us win the group. Good side. Lost a 5 goal thriller on the opening night vs Bayer Leverkusen. They take a class drop tonight vs Zurich who needed a penalty to beat some team from Cyprus on opening night.

I'm all over this t, good work! :clap:

Sir C
10-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Tomas Rosicky

I miss Tomas Rosicky :-(

And Santi. And Cesc. And Nasri. And Hleb. And Denilson.

Back when we were a real team, la.

IUFG
10-04-2018, 01:38 PM

what a bleedin' WUM

Luis Anaconda
10-04-2018, 01:38 PM

I still miss Paul Davis and Rocky and Merse and Alan Smith and Brian Marwood, and being 18

IUFG
10-04-2018, 01:39 PM
I still miss Paul Davis and Rocky and Merse and Alan Smith and Brian Marwood, and being 18

One forgets just how good Merse was in his prime.

I think that is down to him being an utter cretin on TV nowadays.

Sir C
10-04-2018, 01:46 PM

Brady, Price, Talbot, Rix :-(

Luis Anaconda
10-04-2018, 01:48 PM
One forgets just how good Merse was in his prime.

I think that is down to him being an utter cretin on TV nowadays.

Indeed, a beautiful instinctive footballer

Luis Anaconda
10-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Brady, Price, Talbot, Rix :-(

I was going to say Brady but I only ever saw him play live for West Ham :cry:

PSRB
10-04-2018, 02:03 PM

Good job he was instinctive and didn't have to think

Monty92
10-04-2018, 02:07 PM

:nod: It's when he stopped to think that it all went wrong. A bit like when he talks.

WES
10-04-2018, 02:28 PM

Yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no. And by real team you must mean cute, pretty football that ultimately failed. Coz that's what those teams did.

And no c*nt can seriously miss Denilson. :nono:

Sir C
10-04-2018, 02:31 PM
i was going to say brady but i only ever saw him play live for west ham :cry:

he could peel an orange with his left foot la!

Tony C
10-04-2018, 04:42 PM
The Kazakhs have done a right number on the French imo...thumping 2nil win.

barrybueno
10-04-2018, 06:07 PM

You da man TC. Bit of a smash and grab so far this game.