PDA

View Full Version : I had a few days off last week and have come to the conclussion

Pat Vegas
10-01-2018, 12:45 PM
I do not wish to work for anybody anymore.

I will now 'hustle' and make my own enterprise.

7sisters
10-01-2018, 01:40 PM

It’s a good call F. I’d had enough a while back. Airport lounges at silly o’clock, roads getting ever congested, trains ? Conference calls, sea of e mails..
Much happier now. Even get to walk the dog in the mornings.
:-)

Sir C
10-01-2018, 01:43 PM

If I had my time again I'd definitely work for someone else. Ideally a big corporation.

Running a business kills you.

Burney
10-01-2018, 01:57 PM
If I had my time again I'd definitely work for someone else. Ideally a big corporation.

I think freelancing doing something that is both extremely well-paid and in high demand is probably the ideal way to go here.

Or be a lawyer. Because you can be utter shìt at that and still get paid.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-01-2018, 02:00 PM
No need for scruples either

Imagine having to defend reprehensible cunds
I'd feed 'em to the lions

Sir C
10-01-2018, 02:06 PM
I think freelancing doing something that is both extremely well-paid and in high demand is probably the ideal way to go here.

Or be a lawyer. Because you can be utter shìt at that and still get paid.

You can be freelancing away at your in-demand speciality when some politician makes a decision somewhere, or some clever búgger invents something different, or a journalist writes a spurious story and BOOM, you're done.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-01-2018, 02:08 PM
:nod:

RIP Riki

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:12 PM
:nod:

RIP Riki

A great loss to the legal profession, I think we can all agree. :-(

Is he out yet?

Viva Prat Vegas
10-01-2018, 02:14 PM
He became a cobbler, I believe

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:16 PM
You can be freelancing away at your in-demand speciality when some politician makes a decision somewhere, or some clever búgger invents something different, or a journalist writes a spurious story and BOOM, you're done.

Well you can be in a big company doing whatever you do and it can turn out some arseholes in the US have been selling people mortgages they can never repay and before you know what's happening, you're carrying a cardboard box home.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2018, 02:16 PM

and hiding you have to when irate customers return to your yard demanding refunds for the bodged up write-off you've sold them (with tread you've painted onto the tyres) - and let's have none of your cruel barbs about the fact I once worked in trade. Pulling jobbies out of your mum's arse was indeed stressful.

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Matilda-Worst-Used-Car-Salesmen-Harry-Wormwood-760x429.jpg

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:17 PM
He became a cobbler, I believe

He did get a pretty stiff sentence, but the law does tend to make examples of its own who go a bit naughty. He'd have got less for stabbing someone.

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:19 PM
and hiding you have to when irate customers return to your yard demanding refunds for the bodged up write-off you've sold them (with tread you've painted onto the tyres) - and let's have none of your cruel barbs about the fact I once worked in trade. Pulling jobbies out of your mum's arse was indeed stressful.

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Matilda-Worst-Used-Car-Salesmen-Harry-Wormwood-760x429.jpg

You don't see much of Danny DeVito these days, do you? Not that there was ever much to see.

I was never sure if he was a midget or just a normal small man.

Sir C
10-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Well you can be in a big company doing whatever you do and it can turn out some arseholes in the US have been selling people mortgages they can never repay and before you know what's happening, you're carrying a cardboard box home.

But there is always some other big company that will take you on. That's my experience.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2018, 02:26 PM
You don't see much of Danny DeVito these days, do you? Not that there was ever much to see.

Every time I see someone now who was 20 years older than me years ago, I am shocked by how old they look. Have you seen Paul Simon lately? And isn't odd how all jewish men morph into the same Shylock character once they hit 60?

IUFG
10-01-2018, 02:27 PM

We've discussed this before. He's a very fúcking short human. And almost in proportion; his arms do look a bit dwarfy.

What he lacks in stature he makes up in entourage.

PSRB
10-01-2018, 02:27 PM
He did get a pretty stiff sentence, but the law does tend to make examples of its own who go a bit naughty. He'd have got less for stabbing someone.

:nod: Batter someone within an inch of their life and get 3 years, stiff HMRC for a few grand and you'll never see the light of day!

IUFG
10-01-2018, 02:28 PM
But there is always some other big company that will take you on. That's my experience.

****ing hell, we're in near full employment.
you could find a job tomorrow, doing what you do already.
you might have to relocate, mind.

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:33 PM
:nod: Batter someone within an inch of their life and get 3 years, stiff HMRC for a few grand and you'll never see the light of day!

:nod: I also think he should have got time off for the amount of hilarity his crimes have afforded the rest of us. Crimes with comedy value should always come with a lower tariff than unfunny crimes.

PSRB
10-01-2018, 02:36 PM
:nod: I also think he should have got time off for the amount of hilarity his crimes have afforded the rest of us. Crimes with comedy value should always come with a lower tariff than unfunny crimes.

Totally, not like anyone got hurt. Surely being struck off the profession he'd studied for years for was punishment enough :shrug:

Viva Prat Vegas
I like the utter stupidity of those crooks who display their wares for all to see on social media or get caught literally in the frame of security cameras
:hehe:

IUFG

yes, but it is usually awful people battering other awful people innit? Disposable awful persons.

rob the man, well, a deterrent needs to be set.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2018, 02:40 PM
We've discussed this before. He's a very fúcking short human. And almost in proportion; his arms do look a bit dwarfy.

What he lacks in stature he makes up in entourage.

That's a curious use of the word entourage i. What are you trying to say?

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:44 PM

4' 10"! He's four foot and ten inches! :hehe:

And he's married to that ugly waitress off of Cheers.

Now I'm thinking about them having sex. It's not nice. :-(

IUFG
10-01-2018, 02:47 PM

he has a large following of 'minders' and other hangers on :shrug:

Burney
10-01-2018, 02:51 PM
he has a large following of 'minders' and other hangers on :shrug:

Did someone say 'Minder'?

Viva Prat Vegas
10-01-2018, 02:58 PM
The disgraces former lawyer was sentenced to six years so if he did the full stretch, our comedy value crook was released in the Spring

There is a weird animation on YouTube of the moment he was caught by the sniffer dogs

IUFG
10-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Did someone say 'Minder'?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/cars/2016/02/22/Minder-cars_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ _vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg?imwidth=1400

£32k and £52k those cars got at auction a couple of years ago.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/minder-cars-for-sale/

black vinyl roof :cloud9:

Burney
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
The disgraces former lawyer was sentenced to six years so if he did the full stretch, our comedy value crook was released in the Spring

There is a weird animation on YouTube of the moment he was caught by the sniffer dogs

:hehe: I think the rest of us can only aspire to this degree of fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YNzJfViZ-8

IUFG
10-01-2018, 03:12 PM
:hehe: I think the rest of us can only aspire to this degree of fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YNzJfViZ-8

Just how big were his shoes? Did he look like a clown?

So many questions.

redgunamo
10-01-2018, 03:15 PM

That's the spirit, P. Just sack the whole thing off. Buy some land, build a house and breed cocker spaniels. Or anyway, do whatever it is that you want to do. Take a wife, raise a family, live happily ever after.

So many young chaps nowadays are terribly advised. Work is supposed to involve some element of sacrifice, to be a means to an end not an end in and of itself :-\