PDA

View Full Version : We’re on quite a nice little run now despite only really turning up for

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2018, 08:29 AM
45 minutes in most games. Hopefully he’ll start to play Özil in a more central position from now on and leave out Ramsey.

Luis Anaconda
10-01-2018, 08:35 AM
45 minutes in most games. Hopefully he’ll start to play Özil in a more central position from now on and leave out Ramsey.

Iwobi seems to be a favourite for the manager - would be tempted to start him on the right. Ramsey can start in Azerbaijan

Burney
10-01-2018, 08:51 AM

Yes. When do we next play someone decent, though?

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2018, 08:54 AM

Liverpool at the start of November. We have Crystal Palace away after the international break which could be a tricky one as well.

IUFG

Ramsey had a little strop when he was substituted at the weekend :hehe:

7sisters
Iwobi seems to be a favourite for the manager - would be tempted to start him on the right. Ramsey can start in Azerbaijan

He’s often been a great impact sub but never that consistent over 90 minutes.
Been impressed so far this season.

Sir C

Liverpool, 3rd November, at our place.

We've just won 7 in a row and we have a run of very winnable games for the next month. By the end opf October we could well be getting over-excited...

IUFG
10-01-2018, 08:55 AM
He’s often been a great impact sub but never that consistent over 90 minutes.
Been impressed so far this season.

True. I haven't been able to moan about him this season. yet.

Just Trent
10-01-2018, 08:56 AM

Been quite an easy ride for the coach so far. The real test will be in a few weeks when the weather gets worse, and we get our first proper look at how Emery wears a winter coat. We'll know much more after that.

Burney
10-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Liverpool, 3rd November, at our place.

We've just won 7 in a row and we have a run of very winnable games for the next month. By the end opf October we could well be getting over-excited...

So...what you're saying is. we're gonna get gubbed?

Peter
10-01-2018, 08:57 AM
True. I haven't been able to moan about him this season. yet.

He looks quick and powerful again, like he did when he first came into the first team. I think there is a good player in there and definitely one that is more suited to what Emery seems to want than Ramsey.

Burney
10-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Been quite an easy ride for the coach so far. The real test will be in a few weeks when the weather gets worse, and we get our first proper look at how Emery wears a winter coat. We'll know much more after that.

Oh, God! He's not going to wear one of those sleeping bag efforts like AW is he? :-(

Peter
10-01-2018, 08:58 AM

I watched about 15 minutes of the chelsea Liverpool game yesterday. Its hard to believe those Liverpool players are not on something. They are so quick and powerful.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2018, 08:58 AM

I’m not his biggest fan so there may be a bit of bias in my opinion but I think even the most neutral observer would have to concede he has been ****e so far this season. He just doesn’t seem suited to playing that far forward and Emery clearly doesn’t see him as one of his two deeper midfielders. Time to bench him.

IUFG
10-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Oh, God! He's not going to wear one of those sleeping bag efforts like AW is he? :-(

he's an overcoat man...

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_France/63/c3/unai-emery-paris-sg-rennes-ligue-1-06112016_1n8d419m8w1et13mzbo301b75e.jpg?t=10013088 32

IUFG
10-01-2018, 09:01 AM
I’m not his biggest fan so there may be a bit of bias in my opinion but I think even the most neutral observer would have to concede he has been ****e so far this season. He just doesn’t seem suited to playing that far forward and Emery clearly doesn’t see him as one of his two deeper midfielders. Time to bench him.

Ramsey must disagree. I don't think he stopped shaking his head, at being subbed, for 5 minutes

Sir C
10-01-2018, 09:02 AM

Certainly we're going to get gubbed. But before we get gubbed, we're going to wina few :cloud9:

7sisters
10-01-2018, 09:04 AM

All part of the Wenger clear out plan. I like the fact that this manager will hook any player for underperforming. Ramsey got a bit too comfortable under AW and was usually selected when fit.
I can’t see him being a natural starter with any other top 6 side if he leaves.

Burney
10-01-2018, 09:04 AM
he's an overcoat man...

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_France/63/c3/unai-emery-paris-sg-rennes-ligue-1-06112016_1n8d419m8w1et13mzbo301b75e.jpg?t=10013088 32

That is literally the first thing I've liked about him.

Now if he could just learn to stop speaking like Speedy Gonzales on helium...

redgunamo
10-01-2018, 11:01 AM

Right :hehe: