PDA

View Full Version : Europe currently blowing the golf

PSRB
09-28-2018, 11:11 AM
all started when Rahm missed that easy putt to go 2 up

Burney
09-28-2018, 11:15 AM

Good. Fůck them and their stupid blue and yellow flag.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

PSRB
09-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Good. Fůck them and their stupid blue and yellow flag.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Yanks now unravelling like a cheap suit

Pokster
09-28-2018, 02:09 PM
Yanks now unravelling like a cheap suit

So after jinxing the states this morning you are now trying to jinx Europe

PSRB
09-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Not if DJ keeps missing 3 foot putts :-)

Burney
09-28-2018, 02:16 PM

I see some woman was cracked in the head with a ball. :hehe: Disappointingly, I've found no footage of this incident. :-(

Pokster
09-28-2018, 02:25 PM

So since you Jinxed Europe, the USA team have closed the gap in 2 matches... guilty as charged :judge:

Sir C
09-28-2018, 02:25 PM

I remember a time when this post would produce a vicous, day-long argument about whether golf is a) shíte, b) everything wonderful and c) a game or a sport. Vicious, nasty arguments with personal insults and quite possibly threats of physical violence.

I miss the good old days :-(

Burney
09-28-2018, 02:27 PM
I remember a time when this post would produce a vicous, day-long argument about whether golf is a) shíte, b) everything wonderful and c) a game or a sport. Vicious, nasty arguments with personal insults and quite possibly threats of physical violence.

I miss the good old days :-(

I think we've all got old and mellowed. Except WES. He's basically the same.

PSRB
09-28-2018, 02:28 PM
So since you Jinxed Europe, the USA team have closed the gap in 2 matches... guilty as charged :judge:

USA on the charge!

Better?

Pokster
09-28-2018, 02:29 PM
USA on the charge!

Better?

:thumbup: wd p

Sir C
09-28-2018, 02:30 PM
I think we've all got old and mellowed. Except WES. He's basically the same.

Christ, old wossisname, greg, used to lay into Headgear's family situation and all sorts.

Mind you, he tried something similar with me once and subsequently realised his limitations. :hehe:

Burney
09-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Christ, old wossisname, greg, used to lay into Headgear's family situation and all sorts.

Mind you, he tried something similar with me once and subsequently realised his limitations. :hehe:

Yes. That was his go-to move. Didn't take it well himself, though. I seem to remember him cutting up very rough once about some less than complimentary remarks that were made about his wife.

Chief Arrowhead
09-28-2018, 03:07 PM

Ryder Cup always brings back the memory of the 1999 Ryder Cup on AWIMB when I was a neophyte to The Arsenal and , well, the internet was wild and woolly. It was at that time, given the vitriol, that I came to understand that our vaunted "special relationship" wasn't very special nor much of a relationship.

All in good fun, though.... I think. In retrospect it was pretty weird. It's just stupid golf after all. the players themselves are out of control in their histrionics. My theory is that their whole career is focused on their personal, individual abilities and achievements. Then every two years they are thrust into this team competition where your mistakes let down 11 other peers. They ain't used to it so don't know how to handle it.

Burney
09-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Ryder Cup always brings back the memory of the 1999 Ryder Cup on AWIMB when I was a neophyte to The Arsenal and , well, the internet was wild and woolly. It was at that time, given the vitriol, that I came to understand that our vaunted "special relationship" wasn't very special nor much of a relationship.

All in good fun, though.... I think. In retrospect it was pretty weird. It's just stupid golf after all. the players themselves are out of control in their histrionics. My theory is that their whole career is focused on their personal, individual abilities and achievements. Then every two years they are thrust into this team competition where your mistakes let down 11 other peers. They ain't used to it so don't know how to handle it.

Was that the one where the filthy colonials cheated by running all over the green when the Europeans still had a putt to take? Disgraceful.

I'm firmly on you chaps' side this year, chief. British golfers ought to be withdrawn from the team until they remove that foul flag from their uniforms.

Chief Arrowhead
09-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Was that the one where the filthy colonials cheated by running all over the green when the Europeans still had a putt to take? Disgraceful.

I'm firmly on you chaps' side this year, chief. British golfers ought to be withdrawn from the team until they remove that foul flag from their uniforms.

Yes! Yes, I believe it was. As I recall I was held personally responsible!

The amusing thing was that most of the Euro team lived in the US, mainly Florida. There's this enclave of gated mansions where they and some USers live. Still do, I reckon.

Yesterday Once More
09-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Tiger Woods is a sad, sad shadow of the player he once was

Pokster
10-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Tiger Woods is a sad, sad shadow of the player he once was

No he isn't, he has been shocking in all the Ryder cups he has played.. he isn't a team player and never has been