PDA

View Full Version : 28/9/18... the day i moved my pension and the countdown to retirement now starts

Pokster
09-28-2018, 09:08 AM
If i am still working in 5 yrs I will be most hacked off

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:10 AM
If i am still working in 5 yrs I will be most hacked off

Have you popped it into Unit Trusts, you madman? :hehe:

Pokster
09-28-2018, 09:13 AM
Have you popped it into Unit Trusts, you madman? :hehe:

No, various funds, not silly risk... but since my old pension provider offered me 30 times the value to move it, I would have been silly not to

Worked out that with an average return and a decent size pension the money won't run out until i am 97

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:15 AM
No, various funds, not silly risk... but since my old pension provider offered me 30 times the value to move it, I would have been silly not to

Worked out that with an average return and a decent size pension the money won't run out until i am 97

Good man. Similar to my plan. I was hoping for 2 years from now but I'm not convinced yet.

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:15 AM

30 times? :yikes:

Did this all start with an email from a Nigerian Prince?

Pokster
09-28-2018, 09:17 AM
30 times? :yikes:

Did this all start with an email from a Nigerian Prince?

30 mtimes seems about right at the moment, low interest rates and longer life expectancy means they want you off their pension books! And it means if I snuff it early the rest of the pot goes to the family, not just a small %

Pokster
09-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Good man. Similar to my plan. I was hoping for 2 years from now but I'm not convinced yet.

I was wanting to leave at 55 but as you say, not convinced that will cover it.... if i didn't have 3 kids then I would be out of the door on my 55th b'day

PSRB
09-28-2018, 09:22 AM
30 mtimes seems about right at the moment, low interest rates and longer life expectancy means they want you off their pension books! And it means if I snuff it early the rest of the pot goes to the family, not just a small %

I must consolidate my 4 different pensions, with their minimal value :-( I won't be retiring any time soon

Pokster
09-28-2018, 09:23 AM
I must consolidate my 4 different pensions, with their minimal value :-( I won't be retiring any time soon

Just think, you only have another 40 years or so to go :thumbup:

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:28 AM

2 of my 4 pensions have got transfer pelanties on them.

Robbing bástards.