PDA

View Full Version : It is 10.05 am and someone in the office has just consumed a cold Ginsters pasty,

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:07 AM
a packet of McCoys and a Crunchie. :-(

This should be a sackable offence, surely?

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:09 AM

Seems churlish to fire them. I mean with that diet they've probably not got too much time on earth left anyway.

Frankly, right now I'd kill for a pasty and a packet of crisps. The Crunchie doesn't really swing my prop.

Peter
09-28-2018, 09:14 AM

Is it the pasty that is annoying you or the hour of the entire meal?

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:17 AM

They are probably hungover, give them a break.

Be thankful they are actually at work today. Thanks to FIFA19 (I assume) we appear to have a lot of sickness amongst our young males today... :rubchin:

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Seems churlish to fire them. I mean with that diet they've probably not got too much time on earth left anyway.

Frankly, right now I'd kill for a pasty and a packet of crisps. The Crunchie doesn't really swing my prop.

Yes, but I'd rather we didn't have to make a death-in-service payment, tbh. Our premiums would shoot up.

It doesn't help that I've eaten the grand total of some plain yoghurt and a banana today.

I can't even look at a Crunchie without my teeth hurting these days.

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Is it the pasty that is annoying you or the hour of the entire meal?

It's the whole ensemble. He's eating lunch for breakfast. Also, the idea of eating a cold Ginster's pasty makes me gip. :puke:

PSRB
09-28-2018, 09:19 AM

I LOVE a cold Ginsters pasty....not at 10.05, admittedly

Billy Goat Sverige
09-28-2018, 09:22 AM
I had a cold quiche Lorraine for lunch yesterday. Absolutely wolfed it down.

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:26 AM
I had a cold quiche Lorraine for lunch yesterday. Absolutely wolfed it down.

Cold Quiche Lorraine's fine. But there's something about cold, grey meat in cold, flabby pastry that doesn't really do it for me.

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:27 AM
I LOVE a cold Ginsters pasty....not at 10.05, admittedly

with Sririacha on, naturally.

Peter
09-28-2018, 09:27 AM
It's the whole ensemble. He's eating lunch for breakfast. Also, the idea of eating a cold Ginster's pasty makes me gip. :puke:

I wouldn't eat that if you paid me but each to their own.

Crunchies can **** off as well. Deeply unsatisfying.

PSRB
09-28-2018, 09:29 AM
with Sririacha on, naturally.

Some form of hot sauce, yes

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Some form of hot sauce, yes

good man, p :thumbup:

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't eat that if you paid me but each to their own.

Crunchies can **** off as well. Deeply unsatisfying.

It's this sort of laissez-faire attitude to unacceptable public behaviour that is causing civilisation to collapse, p.

It's a short step from tolerating the public consumption of cold Cornish pasties at 10.05am acceptable to transgenderism imo.

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:33 AM
good man, p :thumbup:

I'm off Sriracha. It's as insipid as a limp dick.

Akabanga's where you want to be https://heathotsauce.com/products/akabanga-rwandan-chile-oil

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:34 AM

You sir, are an incorrect twát.

No offence, like.

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:35 AM

Akabanga's where you want to be https://heathotsauce.com/products/akabanga-rwandan-chile-oil

:clap: Hot sauce snobbery now, is it? :hehe:

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:35 AM
You sir, are an incorrect twát.

No offence, like.

The thing about a hot sauce is that it's supposed to be, you know, hot. Sriracha is as spicy and your mum's milk.

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:40 AM
The thing about a hot sauce is that it's supposed to be, you know, hot. Sriracha is as spicy and your mum's milk.

it that why it says... Heat Level: Medium-hot, depending on your tolerance on your link? :vsign:

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:42 AM
:clap: Hot sauce snobbery now, is it? :hehe:

If you're happy with your mainstream hot sauce, good for you. Some of us have rather more refined tastes. :sniff:

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:44 AM
If you're happy with your mainstream hot sauce, good for you. Some of us have rather more refined tastes. :sniff:

I hardly think a readiness to take a flamethrower to to one's tastebuds is indicative of refined tastes. The reverse, if anything.

SWv2
09-28-2018, 09:46 AM

Hold on now food Nazi.

Does he look like he may have taken between 7-10 pints last night?

Sir C
09-28-2018, 09:47 AM
I hardly think a readiness to take a flamethrower to to one's tastebuds is indicative of refined tastes. The reverse, if anything.

Your tastebuds have been so dulled by a lifetime of boiled meat and potatoes that they have lost the capacity to process the complex flavours of spice. All you experience is heat. :shrug:

You'd be far happier at the buffet with wes, tbh. Perhaps you could put some ketchup on your heatlamp-curled pizza.

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Hold on now food Nazi.

Does he look like he may have taken between 7-10 pints last night?

No. He just looks a bit grey and flabby. I'm not getting the smell of drink off him.

I hope you realise I'd be much more sympathetic if I thought someone had had a skinful? That is entirely understandable and in the natural course of things. I would understand his desperate need to take on calories if I thought he was suffering.

I think he's just a disgusting pig.

Burney
09-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Your tastebuds have been so dulled by a lifetime of boiled meat and potatoes that they have lost the capacity to process the complex flavours of spice. All you experience is heat. :shrug:

You'd be far happier at the buffet with wes, tbh. Perhaps you could put some ketchup on your heatlamp-curled pizza.

You have long admitted that your years of self-abuse* have rendered you largely incapable of tasting anything properly. Your olfactory senses are poor, enervated, spavined things. This is why you crave heat - it makes you feel like you're actually tasting something.

*And the coke, booze and fags didn't help, either.

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:57 AM

Right, I've ordered some of your so-called Akabanga. If it doesn't blow my socks off, I'll hunt you down and pour it in your eyes :thumbup:

Burney
09-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Right, I've ordered some of your so-called Akabanga. If it doesn't blow my socks off, I'll hunt you down and pour it in your eyes :thumbup:

I can't believe you've allowed yourself to be suckered in this way, i. I thought better of you.

Sir C
09-28-2018, 10:06 AM

I was introduced to it at a roadside stall in the middle of nowhere in Rwanda. My driver stopped the car and excitedly demanded that I tried the local speciality being sold at this stall. Ever a student of global cuisine I expectantly approached and was served - a baked potato.

In order to give the experience some level of authenticity, I took the proffered bottle of local chilli oil and applied it. Liberally.

Trust me. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Burney
09-28-2018, 10:08 AM
I was introduced to it at a roadside stall in the middle of nowhere in Rwanda. My driver stopped the car and excitedly demanded that I tried the local speciality being sold at this stall. Ever a student of global cuisine I expectantly approached and was served - a baked potato.

In order to give the experience some level of authenticity, I took the proffered bottle of local chilli oil and applied it. Liberally.

Trust me. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

One of our teams recently held an event in Rwanda. It's fair to say they weren't expecting to see quite so many people walking around with semi-automatic rifles. :hehe:

Sir C
09-28-2018, 10:12 AM
One of our teams recently held an event in Rwanda. It's fair to say they weren't expecting to see quite so many people walking around with semi-automatic rifles. :hehe:

It's odd how you have to go through metal detectors to get into any public building or hotel, but everyone just passes their weapon round the side and collects it once they've gone through. :shrug:

Sir C
09-28-2018, 10:13 AM
You have long admitted that your years of self-abuse* have rendered you largely incapable of tasting anything properly. Your olfactory senses are poor, enervated, spavined things. This is why you crave heat - it makes you feel like you're actually tasting something.

*And the coke, booze and fags didn't help, either.

There is truth here, aye.

Burney
09-28-2018, 10:14 AM
There is truth here, aye.

:nod: And I got a wânking joke in as well.

Burney
09-28-2018, 10:18 AM
It's odd how you have to go through metal detectors to get into any public building or hotel, but everyone just passes their weapon round the side and collects it once they've gone through. :shrug:

Mind you, I quite Like the sound of somewhere whose local speciality is a baked potato.