PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey :wave:

Tony C
09-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Negotiations all washed up...leaving in January or the summer.

WES
09-27-2018, 12:37 PM

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Sir C
09-27-2018, 12:42 PM

Hmm. How does one go about replacing a player of his calibre?

Can we have Jack and Santi back?

Billy Goat Sverige
09-27-2018, 01:09 PM

Quite easy replacing an inconsistent overrated ********.

Tony C
09-27-2018, 01:14 PM
hopefully Ivan hasn’t got to him.

If he wants to go to Meelan next summer then he can spend the next 7/8 months training with the ladies team...wouldn’t even have him with the yoofs

Sir C
09-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Yes, but we're not losing one of those so that's no help.

PSRB
09-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Yes, but we're not losing one of those so that's no help.

I don't dislike him but can't say I've ever really warmed to him.

Also, he's Welsh :shrug:

Peter
09-27-2018, 01:26 PM

Two players with one pair of ankles between them? Yep, that sounds about right as a replacement.

Annoying to miss out on the fee but I wont miss Ramsey.

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2018, 01:33 PM
I don't dislike him but can't say I've ever really warmed to him.

Also, he's Welsh :shrug:

Anyway - this is only John Cross saying this. New contract is a done deal

Billy Goat Sverige
09-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Anyway - this is only John Cross saying this. New contract is a done deal

David Ornstein and Jeremy Wilson as well.

IUFG
09-27-2018, 01:44 PM

by acquiring one of these?
https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/56/2015/12/BHSB326BST56_1_Zoom-920x920.jpg

IUFG
09-27-2018, 01:45 PM
...I wont miss Ramsey.

Mesut in a number 10 role as well as the shirt :cloud9:

WES
09-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Mesut in a number 10 role as well as the shirt :cloud9:

Mesut has been well below his usual standards this season imo.

I find myself wondering if Ramsey being played in the middle is the reason for this. Clearly this is the Welshers best position - mostly because it means he's no longer not playing where he's meant to be playing - but I do wonder if it's worth the impact on Ozil.

That old adage about playing your best players in their best positions etc etc

IUFG
09-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Mesut has been well below his usual standards this season imo.

I find myself wondering if Ramsey being played in the middle is the reason for this. Clearly this is the Welshers best position - mostly because it means he's no longer not playing where he's meant to be playing - but I do wonder if it's worth the impact on Ozil.

That old adage about playing your best players in their best positions etc etc

So, we'll go from having a load of Number 10s to just Mesut.

We ought to start playing Iwobi there and forcing Ozil out to the left :wenger;

PSRB
09-27-2018, 02:30 PM

The plot thickens, apparently a new 4 yr deal was agreed between both parties but then the club withdrew the offer and no one knows why......

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2018, 02:31 PM
David Ornstein and Jeremy Wilson as well.

Fair enough - hadn't seen that

Sir C
09-27-2018, 02:33 PM
The plot thickens, apparently a new 4 yr deal was agreed between both parties but then the club withdrew the offer and no one knows why......

Perhaps Emery wants to sign a superstar in January #welcomewesley :cloud9:

Peter
09-27-2018, 02:46 PM

Someone must have pointed out that he was a useless ****.

Took a while but we got there in the end :)

WES
09-27-2018, 02:52 PM
Someone must have pointed out that he was a useless ****.

Took a while but we got there in the end :)

Unai has been reading my posts, Peter :cloud9:

Peter
09-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Unai has been reading my posts, Peter :cloud9:

Let's hope not or this will be the only decision he ever gets right. :)

WES
09-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Let's hope not or this will be the only decision he ever gets right. :)

Almunia > Fabianski > Schwarzer :-)

AFC East
09-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Excellent. If we can get rid of Kolscieny and change our name, the transition will be complete.

Tony C
09-28-2018, 06:50 AM
According to Ornstein a new improved 4 year deals was recently agreed by both parties but we decided it was best to rescind it and let him leave.

Wonder what prompted that?

WES
09-28-2018, 07:27 AM
According to Ornstein a new improved 4 year deals was recently agreed by both parties but we decided it was best to rescind it and let him leave.

Wonder what prompted that?

According to the Times, the useless Welsh c*nt doesn’t like playing farther forward and wants to move back into midfield. :clap:

Well done Unai for recognising what an utter liability he is there and well done Aaron in confirming how utterly self-unaware you are which goes a long way to explaining why you never learned to play the position, you utter c*nt.

Tony C
09-28-2018, 07:36 AM
Makes sense now...he would be 4th choice behind Torreira, Gwen and Xhaka.

If you want to be mean then 5th if you include Elneny.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-28-2018, 07:58 AM

One wonders why we didn't sell him in the summer and get some money for him. Kronke would be turning in his grave

Peter
09-28-2018, 08:32 AM
According to the Times, the useless Welsh c*nt doesn’t like playing farther forward and wants to move back into midfield. :clap:

Well done Unai for recognising what an utter liability he is there and well done Aaron in confirming how utterly self-unaware you are which goes a long way to explaining why you never learned to play the position, you utter c*nt.

If that is the reason then thank **** he is off.

SWv2
09-28-2018, 09:32 AM
Sad seens tbh.

Not the departure of Ramsey as a player but the fact that we now appear to be on the verge, cusp if you will, of a 6th international / first team player being in this situation within 2 years and the obvious knock on effect it has in respect of the squad and the ability to strengthen that squad.

Wenger really has a lot to answer for.

IUFG
09-28-2018, 09:46 AM
Sad seens tbh.

Not the departure of Ramsey as a player but the fact that we now appear to be on the verge, cusp if you will, of a 6th international / first team player being in this situation within 2 years and the obvious knock on effect it has in respect of the squad and the ability to strengthen that squad.

Wenger out imo.

Welcome back, sw. Been away on holiday?

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Sad seens tbh.

It's interesting that people really think this is just an Arsenal thing and not a general trend in football towards the player holding all the cards and increasingly running down their contracts. Fellaini pretty much held United to ransom; Sterling is doing so to Manchester City; Alderweireld at Spurs - it certainly isn't just Arsenal

SWv2
09-28-2018, 10:06 AM
It's interesting that people really think this is just an Arsenal thing and not a general trend in football towards the player holding all the cards and increasingly running down their contracts. Fellaini pretty much held United to ransom; Sterling is doing so to Manchester City; Alderweireld at Spurs - it certainly isn't just Arsenal

Of course, however the examples you have given are singular (I expect an analysis of squads would reveal otherwise).

We have 6.

Of course the knee jerk reaction of "sell the fúcker" is redundant as we simply cannot sell a player.

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Of course, however the examples you have given are singular (I expect an analysis of squads would reveal otherwise).

We have 6.

Of course the knee jerk reaction of "sell the fúcker" is redundant as we simply cannot sell a player.

Which six?
Sanchez who would swapped for a quality player
Ozil who signed a new deal
Chamberlain who we got very good money for
Ramsey who looks like he will go
Wilshere - who's injury record made him a slightly different case to the others

Who else?

SWv2
09-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Which six?
Sanchez who would swapped for a quality player
Ozil who signed a new deal
Chamberlain who we got very good money for
Ramsey who looks like he will go
Wilshere - who's injury record made him a slightly different case to the others

Who else?

Welbeck who despite the joshing which goes on around him is a very decent squad option and if not a 20m asset in the domestic market.

You can hardly argue now that the final outcomes with both Sanchez and Ozil were really ideal.

The former we lost 40m in the space of 4 months having backed out of an agreed sale with City. I like Mkhytarian a lot and irrespective of this weeks news I think he should be in the first 11 ahead of the Welsh but it was rather a deal we were forced into rather than one of design. Funny deal now as Sanchez has gone out to be utter toilet.

The latter had us over a barrel Theo style and we ended up paying massively and arguably over the odds to. We had to, we had no real choice of course.

Peter
09-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Welbeck who despite the joshing which goes on around him is a very decent squad option and if not a 20m asset in the domestic market.

You can hardly argue now that the final outcomes with both Sanchez and Ozil were really ideal.

The former we lost 40m in the space of 4 months having backed out of an agreed sale with City. I like Mkhytarian a lot and irrespective of this weeks news I think he should be in the first 11 ahead of the Welsh but it was rather a deal we were forced into rather than one of design. Funny deal now as Sanchez has gone out to be utter toilet.

The latter had us over a barrel Theo style and we ended up paying massively and arguably over the odds to. We had to, we had no real choice of course.

Isnt that a symptom of where we were/are as a club? Some big name players, deep pockets, but underperforming in the league and outof the Champions League. We also had a manager with one foot out the door.

We could have keptWilshere had we wanted to but the boss decided he didn't want him. Fair enough.

I agree that pulling out the Sanchez deal was a mistake. We should have taken the money.

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2018, 10:37 AM

also things that go on all the time at other clubs I would say. You know David De Gea, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Mata, Smalling, Jones and Herrara are all out of contract at United next summer

SWv2
09-28-2018, 10:41 AM
also things that go on all the time at other clubs I would say. You know David De Gea, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Mata, Smalling, Jones and Herrara are all out of contract at United next summer

No, didn't to be fair. What a mess and indeed what a funny mess.

Factor in also Pogbagate and there is a real popcorn and six bottles of beer scenario.

So, swap Ramsey for Martial in January then?

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2018, 10:43 AM
No, didn't to be fair. What a mess and indeed what a funny mess.

Factor in also Pogbagate and there is a real popcorn and six bottles of beer scenario.

So, swap Ramsey for Martial in January then?
I'd take that

Tony C
09-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Phil Jones on a free would be excellent imo

Poor Gunnersaurus can finally have some cover.

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2018, 10:47 AM

I thought that was Mustafi's job once Kos is back

Burney
09-28-2018, 10:47 AM

Is Gunnersaurus still the same bloke he's always been? If so, he must be knocking on a bit now. Time for new blood imo.

eastgermanautos
09-29-2018, 01:58 AM

Trudat. He ain't all that Sir C. Always fvcking up, skying shots over the bar, and then tweaking his forelock. We don't need this effeminacy.