PDA

View Full Version : I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Burney
09-25-2018, 09:59 AM
He's supposed to finish today. If he doesn't, I may stab him in the eye.

Quite how I've managed to remain sane is beyond me. :mad:

IUFG
09-25-2018, 10:02 AM

He's going to besmirch your new porcelain before he leaves. Mark my words.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:06 AM

Nice avocado suite, is it? Gold taps?

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Nice avocado suite, is it? Gold taps?

All tiled and we've replaced the bath with a fancy shower cubicle thingummy on the grounds that we never take baths. It should be rather nice.

Fùcking well wants to be given what it's costing me.

PSRB
09-25-2018, 10:14 AM
All tiled and we've replaced the bath with a fancy shower cubicle thingummy on the grounds that we never take baths. It should be rather nice.

Fùcking well wants to be given what it's costing me.

May I ask roughly how much? Wife also wants a new kitchen......my upcoming inheritance is going to vanish very quickly :-(

IUFG
09-25-2018, 10:24 AM
May I ask roughly how much? Wife also wants a new kitchen......my upcoming inheritance is going to vanish very quickly :-(

you see, an inheritance should look more
https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/1OrY7/s1/2018-nissan-gt-r.jpg

than
https://palazzokitchens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/3-1.jpg

PSRB
09-25-2018, 10:24 AM
you see, an inheritance should look more
https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/1OrY7/s1/2018-nissan-gt-r.jpg

than
https://palazzokitchens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/3-1.jpg

Some of it has gone on the Audi A5

IUFG
09-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Some of it has gone on the Audi A5

you went diesel, p.

Whilst sub 8 seconds to 60 is good. It ain't fun.

PSRB
09-25-2018, 10:28 AM
you went diesel, p.

tbf, I don't drive enough to blow a load on very sporty car, perhaps when the kids are a bit older and don't need child seats

Burney

Oh, it's only about 5 grand or so as it's only a remodelling rather than a complete overhaul. It's just comes on top of various other major recent expenditures.

A kitchen will be a fùck sight more expensive. :-D

IUFG
tbf, I don't drive enough to blow a load on very sporty car, perhaps when the kids are a bit older and don't need child seats

yes, at that point, go for it.

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:30 AM
you went diesel, p.

Don't really understand the concept of driving being 'fun', tbh.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:32 AM

A kitchen could be anything depending on size and, most importantly, the worktops. Are you going for Corian or marble? Prepare for a 40 grand bill.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Sir C "Nice avocado suite, is it? Gold taps?"

:hehe:
We had that type in the 70's ( no bidet though)
It HAD to be avocado on account of being the only style able to go missing from the supplier via the back door

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:37 AM

It HAD to be avocado on account of being the only style able to go missing from the supplier via the back door

We had a brown one with gold taps in the 70s.

Brown. Gold taps. :-(

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:37 AM

First flat I moved into after University had an avocado suite. That was in 1995, so it'd probably been there 20 years.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:38 AM

You realise you could have just left out 'driving being' there, don't you?

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:39 AM
We had a brown one with gold taps in the 70s.

Brown. Gold taps. :-(

What was it with the 1970s? Everything was either the colour of bodily waste or it was day-glo. Had pastels not been invented?

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:40 AM
You realise you could have just left out 'driving being' there, don't you?

I think you can accuse me of many things, but having no sense of fun is not among them. :-(

I'm actually slightly hurt.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Our front room was walled with a lime green wallpaper covering which had the small criss-cross texture of Shreddies
Felt better than it looked

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Burney "First flat I moved into after University had an avocado suite. That was in 1995, so it'd probably been there 20 years."

There must have been flock wallpaper glued to the walls too

IUFG

The feeling of acceleration?
G-force around corners?
Wondering if your brakes will actually stop you in time?

Driving is great. Driving in traffic isn't.

Sir C
I think you can accuse me of many things, but having no sense of fun is not among them. :-(

I'm actually slightly hurt.

There there lamb, don't take it to heart. Amongst your many fine qualities, one doesn't instantly think of a light-hearted joie de vivre, does one? I mean, you do tend to condemn the majority of human activities as pointless or shít, do you not? This doesn't make you any less an admirable person, just a somewhat curmudgeonly admirable person.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:45 AM
What was it with the 1970s? Everything was either the colour of bodily waste or it was day-glo. Had pastels not been invented?

The orange is still somewhat shocking when one thinks back. I swear we had orange and borwn wallpaper at one point.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 10:45 AM
There must have been flock wallpaper glued to the walls too

Wood chip wallpaper.
What a **** that stuff was to remove.

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:46 AM
There there lamb, don't take it to heart. Amongst your many fine qualities, one doesn't instantly think of a light-hearted joie de vivre, does one? I mean, you do tend to condemn the majority of human activities as pointless or shít, do you not? This doesn't make you any less an admirable person, just a somewhat curmudgeonly admirable person.

Oh, I reserve the right to condemn human activities as pointless, but I don't think that has anything to do with not having a sense of fun. It merely speaks of a sense of perspective.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Oh, I reserve the right to condemn human activities as pointless, but I don't think that has anything to do with not having a sense of fun. It merely speaks of a sense of perspective.

Yes. You know how when you're arrested you have the right to remain silent in case you make matters worse?

Well. That.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 10:48 AM
IUFG "Wood chip wallpaper. What a **** that stuff was to remove."

Ours was as sturdy as good quality cardboard

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Wood chip wallpaper.
What a **** that stuff was to remove.

:furious: This has been another cause of major expenditure lately. The arseholes who lived there before covered everything in woodchip. I feared this might be because the walls were iffy, but no. The walls were fine. These cùnts just liked woodchip if you can fùcking believe it. They need locking up.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 10:49 AM
The orange is still somewhat shocking when one thinks back. I swear we had orange and borwn wallpaper at one point.

The family home had a lovely orange and brown swirly patterned wallpaper. Green carpet. Red curtains.

The rise and fall, pull down Orange lamp over the dining table just topped it all off.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 10:50 AM
They need locking up.

far too fúcking lenient on them, imo

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 10:51 AM
To summarise, Burney's much more grounded in reality whereas Sir C's away with the fairies
As am I (It's a coping mechanism)
:hide:

Burney
Yes. You know how when you're arrested you have the right to remain silent in case you make matters worse?

Well. That.

Call no man happy 'til he's dead, as Solon wisely put it. :nod:

Sir C
:furious: This has been another cause of major expenditure lately. The arseholes who lived there before covered everything in woodchip. I feared this might be because the walls were iffy, but no. The walls were fine. These cùnts just liked woodchip if you can fùcking believe it. They need locking up.

At least it wasn't artex.

Imagine if it had been artex :cry:

Peter

I suffer the same accusations, b. Just because we are not shiny, happy people it doesnt mean we dont know how to enjoy ourselves.

I do shy away from using the word fun though. It seems incredibly childish and is used by the sort of people I dont really like very much :)

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Good point b

How often does Sir C yearn for the afterlife ?
"I wish I was dead" :-(

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:53 AM
At least it wasn't artex.

Imagine if it had been artex :cry:

Oh, people who apply Artex should simply be dragged into the street and shot in the back of the neck.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:53 AM
To summarise, Burney's much more grounded in reality whereas Sir C's away with the fairies
As am I (It's a coping mechanism)
:hide:

Does 'grounded in reality' mean 'fúcking miserablist'? Because that would be harsh.

A little harsh.

Burney
09-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Good point b

How often does Sir C yearn for the afterlife ?
"I wish I was dead" :-(

I'm not sure whether he believes in an afterlife. Sometimes he believes in reincarnation, but I don't think he's ever suggested there's an afterlife.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure whether he believes in an afterlife. Sometimes he believes in reincarnation, but I don't think he's ever suggested there's an afterlife.

I certainly hope there is no afterlife. I seek only the sweet peace of eternal oblivion.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Reincarnation's alright on tinned pears
:cooper:

Burney
09-25-2018, 11:02 AM
I suffer the same accusations, b. Just because we are not shiny, happy people it doesnt mean we dont know how to enjoy ourselves.

I do shy away from using the word fun though. It seems incredibly childish and is used by the sort of people I dont really like very much :)

:nod: When people start going on about 'fun', I figuratively release the safety on my Browning. Such people are deeply suspect.

As Dr Johnson put it: 'Nothing is more hopeless than a scheme of merriment'.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 11:02 AM
With Sir C , I sense that his soul is so tortured, he'll never get a moments peace even after they've switched the machine off and will continue fretting throughout eternity

PSRB
09-25-2018, 11:03 AM
A kitchen could be anything depending on size and, most importantly, the worktops. Are you going for Corian or marble? Prepare for a 40 grand bill.

Oh :cry: Does one not get granite any more?

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Never trust a man who smiles all the time
There's something wrong with them
e.g. Richard Branson

Burney
09-25-2018, 11:04 AM
With Sir C , I sense that his soul is so tortured, he'll never get a moments peace even after they've switched the machine off and will continue fretting throughout eternity

Oh, you don't buy all that 'tortured soul' bit, do you? He only puts that on to look deep and pull the birds.

Burney
09-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Oh :cry: Does one not get granite any more?

Formica and melamine are wonder materials, p. :nod:

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Have you had to actually talk to this tradesman and converse in his own language ?

i.e. "Awright ma'e ? Ow's i' 'angin' ? "

7sisters
09-25-2018, 11:07 AM

One of the first places I moved into had that, paint it on artex in every room. This was impossible to remove, so I had to have all of the walls re skimmed with plaster.. C*nts !

Burney
09-25-2018, 11:07 AM
Have you had to actually talk to this tradesman and converse in his own language ?

i.e. "Awright ma'e ? Ow's i' 'angin' ? "

I've said hello. And at one point he asked about my cider factory. He told me some story about having made beetroot wine and getting 'properly fùcked' on it. :-\

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 11:10 AM
One presumes your exterior visage was at complete odds with your inner thoughts at that moment

Burney
09-25-2018, 11:11 AM
One presumes your exterior visage was at complete odds with your inner thoughts at that moment

I was trying not to think about him using my lavatory, to be honest. :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 11:16 AM
"I've Christened the crapper for ya, geez"

Hang on... you've employed Herbert Augustus Chapman in to do the job
He'll be going through the drawers (and your wifes) when your back's turned

Peter
09-25-2018, 11:25 AM
:nod: When people start going on about 'fun', I figuratively release the safety on my Browning. Such people are deeply suspect.

As Dr Johnson put it: 'Nothing is more hopeless than a scheme of merriment'.

Precisely. Fun Has a bland, innocent connotation and implies, to me at least, some degree of organisation.

No such scheme could ever compare to seeing someone fall over, or watching a huge drunken argument unfold over absolutely nothing and admiring the fall out :). It only stops being fun if it turns violent.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 11:42 AM
"I've Christened the crapper for ya, geez"

Hang on... you've employed Herbert Augustus Chapman in to do the job
He'll be going through the drawers (and your wifes) when your back's turned

:nod: first shít in his new toilet and wánking into his missus's knicker drawer.

Burney
09-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Precisely. Fun Has a bland, innocent connotation and implies, to me at least, some degree of organisation.

No such scheme could ever compare to seeing someone fall over, or watching a huge drunken argument unfold over absolutely nothing and admiring the fall out :). It only stops being fun if it turns violent.

'Fun' is the sort of thing people who organise 'activities' at company parties think they are encouraging.
Enjoyment is what you derive at such events by ignoring these activities and getting riotously drunk instead.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 12:08 PM
'Fun' is the sort of thing people who organise 'activities' at company parties think they are encouraging.
Enjoyment is what you derive at such events by ignoring these activities and getting riotously drunk instead.

As an introvert, the very thought of having 'organised fun' with other people fills me with absolute dread.

Peter
09-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Yes, that is pretty much it. THe maximum level of organisation I will permit isworking out whose round it is. Even a 'whip' is a bit too formal for me.

Anything coming under the umbrella of 'activities' is not my cup of tea. On a stag weekend in Newcastle Iwas railroaded into some sort of go-karting at 9 in the morning. I had got to bed at about 5 in the morning and felt terrible. I wasnt happy. After the'activity' we went to a pub to watch an Arsenal Spurs game (the stag party was about 50/50 split) and the game ended in a huge row between two or three of the party over a refereeing decision. Some awful things were saidand we were all asked to leave the pub.

I was almost collapsed on the floor laughing. Now THAT is fun :)

IUFG
09-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Yes, that is pretty much it. THe maximum level of organisation I will permit isworking out whose round it is. Even a 'whip' is a bit too formal for me.

Anything coming under the umbrella of 'activities' is not my cup of tea. On a stag weekend in Newcastle Iwas railroaded into some sort of go-karting at 9 in the morning. I had got to bed at about 5 in the morning and felt terrible. I wasnt happy. After the'activity' we went to a pub to watch an Arsenal Spurs game (the stag party was about 50/50 split) and the game ended in a huge row between two or three of the party over a refereeing decision. Some awful things were saidand we were all asked to leave the pub.

Bigg Market or Quayside?

I'm guessing the former...

Peter
09-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Bigg Market or Quayside?

I'm guessing the former...

Not really sure. I believe it was on a fairly long road that leads towards Big Market.

I was never entirely sure where I was. I believe the strip club that I refused to go in was in Big Market.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Not really sure. I believe it was on a fairly long road that leads towards Big Market.

I was never entirely sure where I was. I believe the strip club that I refused to go in was in Big Market.

with no mention of water, it would have been the Bigg Market area.

not a bad night out in either place, although the former is a bit
http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/074_04152014_17-27.png

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2018, 12:47 PM

More importantly - did we win?

Sir C
09-25-2018, 12:49 PM
The feeling of acceleration?
G-force around corners?
Wondering if your brakes will actually stop you in time?

Driving is great. Driving in traffic isn't.

The man drives a diesel Passat.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 01:10 PM
The man drives a diesel Passat.

oh dear.

though that does explain things..

Sir C
09-25-2018, 01:18 PM
oh dear.

though that does explain things..

He is a great admirer of it because of the boot space.

The boot space.

He claims to remain unmoved by the wailing of my Aston at 7,000 rpm.

The man has no soul whatsoever.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 01:20 PM

The boot space.

is it a [gulp] estate?

Sir C
09-25-2018, 01:25 PM
is it a [gulp] estate?

Erm, no, it's a Vantage coupé. :shrug:

Peter
09-25-2018, 01:25 PM
More importantly - did we win?

I believe we drew, conceding a late equaliser. I think that may have been the cause of the argument.

Burney
09-25-2018, 01:29 PM

The boot space.

Your car looks rather nice and it gives you - my friend - pleasure. On those bases, it delights me. Beyond that, I have no feelings about it whatsoever because it is merely a collection of bits of metal and whatnot. :shrug:

Sir C
09-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Your car looks rather nice and it gives you - my friend - pleasure. On those bases, it delights me. Beyond that, I have no feelings about it whatsoever because it is merely a collection of bits of metal and whatnot. :shrug:

Michelangelo's David is a lump of rock, turned into something emotionally moving by the hand of a genius. A Mozart concerto is a collection of vibrations detected by the earholes but made beautiful by man. You can see where I'm going with this...

Burney
09-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Michelangelo's David is a lump of rock, turned into something emotionally moving by the hand of a genius. A Mozart concerto is a collection of vibrations detected by the earholes but made beautiful by man. You can see where I'm going with this...

Yes. And you don't appreciate Mozart Concertos just as I don't appreciate Aston Martinis. People, it would seem, are different. Not always wrong, but different.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Peter "I believe we drew, conceding a late equaliser. I think that may have been the cause of the argument."

If it was that game where Richard Wright dived over the ball in the last minute, no wonder you had the hump -
Newcastle in November :freezing:

IUFG
09-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Yes. And you don't appreciate Mozart Concertos just as I don't appreciate Aston Martinis. People, it would seem, are different. Not always wrong, but different.

You don't appreciate cars and therefore, under the current school of thinking for those that I disagree with, are evil.

There, I said it.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 01:47 PM

Northern girls do tend to dress inversely proportional to the outdoor temperature. Therefore, Newcastle is the home of the chilled-wind stiffened nipple. :eat:

Burney
09-25-2018, 01:50 PM
You don't appreciate cars and therefore, under the current school of thinking for those that I disagree with, are evil.

There, I said it.

Who said I don’t appreciate cars? I think they are a marvellous invention and am hugely grateful for their ability to move me from one place to another quickly. Wouldn’t be without them - wd Herr Benz imo.

By the same token, I think computers are marvellous things with lots of benefits. I’m still not going to start knocking one out over the latest MacBook, though.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Who said I don’t appreciate cars? I think they are a marvellous invention and am hugely grateful for their ability to move me from one place to another quickly. Wouldn’t be without them - wd Herr Benz imo.

By the same token, I think computers are marvellous things with lots of benefits. I’m still not going to start knocking one our over the latest MacBook, though.

Well, admiring a car for its boot space among its collection of metal and other bits is a bit like admiring a woman for her ability to carry the shopping among her carbon, calcium and other watery bits.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 01:55 PM

Actually I'm mad for a bit of Wolfie :shrug:

Peter
09-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Peter "I believe we drew, conceding a late equaliser. I think that may have been the cause of the argument."

If it was that game where Richard Wright dived over the ball in the last minute, no wonder you had the hump -

No, not that one. It was later than that. Around 07, about that time I think. I seem to remember it finished 2-2

Burney
09-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Well, admiring a car for its boot space among its collection of metal and other bits is a bit like admiring a woman for her ability to carry the shopping among her carbon, calcium and other watery bits.

Nothing wrong with judging a woman for her practical benefits: ability to cook, child-bearing capacity, sauciness, etc. Indeed, these things were once considered far more important than silly, nebulous concepts like 'love'. :shrug:

IUFG
09-25-2018, 01:57 PM
No, not that one. It was later than that. Around 07, about that time I think. I seem to remember it finished 2-2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6555249.stm

an all too familiar summary at the bottom...

Burney
09-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Actually I'm mad for a bit of Wolfie :shrug:

Since when? You've always pooh-poohed classical music as not your sort of thing. Has your woman finally civilised you?

Burney
09-25-2018, 02:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6555249.stm

an all too familiar summary at the bottom...

I have absolutely no memory of that game. :-|

Sir C
09-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Since when? You've always pooh-poohed classical music as not your sort of thing. Has your woman finally civilised you?

Indeed I have not. Classical, or to be more accurate baroque, music has never been my favourite genre, but I find much of it extremely pleasing.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Nothing wrong with judging a woman for her practical benefits: ability to cook, child-bearing capacity, sauciness, etc. Indeed, these things were once considered far more important than silly, nebulous concepts like 'love'. :shrug:

But who doesn't like a woman with sleek lines, who polishes up well, is fast and throaty and can throw you around a bit for pleasure?
Not that women can't be both practical and 'fun' to be inside, etc.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 02:03 PM
But who doesn't like a woman with sleek lines, who polishes up well, is fast and throaty and can throw you around a bit for pleasure?

Would you say that driving a fast car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman?

IUFG
09-25-2018, 02:06 PM

That was during Arsene's premature dismantling of The Invincibles. Fúcking Gallas :cry:

Arsenal: Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb (Senderos 90), Silva, Diaby, Rosicky (Julio Baptista 66), Ljungberg (Fabregas 39), Adebayor. Subs Not Used: Almunia, Denilson.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Would you say that driving a fast car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman?

Exactly, sc

https://www.morganjones.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Swiss-Tony-from-the-fast-show-a-tax-returns-are-like-making-love-to-a-beautiful-woman.jpg

Luis Anaconda
09-25-2018, 02:15 PM

Neither have I. I went through a period when I couldn't watch such games on TV so just switched my phone off and went for a walk. Still had that horrible moment when I switched it back on and checked the score but better than, say, the 5-4 game that could have finished me off

Burney
09-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Indeed I have not. Classical, or to be more accurate baroque, music has never been my favourite genre, but I find much of it extremely pleasing.

I distinctly remember having a conversation with you about Beethoven where you were all like 'Nah - tried it, don't like it'.

Burney
09-25-2018, 02:19 PM

Increasingly, I'd just settle for something quiet.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 02:20 PM
I distinctly remember having a conversation with you about Beethoven where you were all like 'Nah - tried it, don't like it'.

Oh, Beethoven :shrug: I don't like Deep Purple either, doesn't mean I don't like rock music.

Burney
09-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Oh, Beethoven :shrug: I don't like Deep Purple either, doesn't mean I don't like rock music.

No. NO.

You can't equate Beethoven and Deep Purple. You just can't. Beethoven (via Haydn, tbf) basically invented the concept of symphonic music. Yes, he was terribly German and sometimes had the subtlety of a housebrick to the temple, but he also created sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound that are some of - if not the - greatest moments of music in history.

Deep Purple wrote Smoke on the Water.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 02:33 PM
No. NO.

You can't equate Beethoven and Deep Purple. You just can't. Beethoven (via Haydn, tbf) basically invented the concept of symphonic music. Yes, he was terribly German and sometimes had the subtlety of a housebrick to the temple, but he also created sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound that are some of - if not the - greatest moments of music in history.

Fúcking hell. 'Sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound'? Do me a fúcking favour.

Burney
09-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Fúcking hell. 'Sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound'? Do me a fúcking favour.

If you can listen to the culmination of the first movement of the Eroica or the second movement of his seventh without feeling emotionally wrung out, you are leetle beet the dead inside, I'm afraid.

Or deaf. You might just be a bit deaf? Mind you, so was he.

Peter
09-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Neither have I. I went through a period when I couldn't watch such games on TV so just switched my phone off and went for a walk. Still had that horrible moment when I switched it back on and checked the score but better than, say, the 5-4 game that could have finished me off

I was halfway between hungover and freshly drunk and several lines in.....I was watching the game but only just.

Peter
09-25-2018, 02:44 PM
No. NO.

Seriously, from 'subtlety of a house brick' onwards that is a ****ing great description of Deep Purple (Gillan era).

Anyone who wants to have a go at Richie Blackmore is a massive, massive ****.

Burney
09-25-2018, 02:50 PM
Seriously, from 'subtlety of a house brick' onwards that is a ****ing great description of Deep Purple (Gillan era).

Anyone who wants to have a go at Richie Blackmore is a massive, massive ****.

:-( Oh, dear.

From everything I've heard about him, literally everyone he's ever worked with hates Blackmore - hence him changing bands every five minutes.

Peter
09-25-2018, 03:09 PM
:-( Oh, dear.

From everything I've heard about him, literally everyone he's ever worked with hates Blackmore - hence him changing bands every five minutes.

Oh he may well have been a complete ****. I dont think Beethoven was a chap you would go for a beer with.

Genius, all the same. :)