PDA

View Full Version : Whacky dudes on University Challenge.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Thick as mince, every time. Guaranteed.

It's quite heartening, really.

Burney
09-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Thick as mince, every time. Guaranteed.

It's quite heartening, really.

I take it we're talking about this utter package?

IUFG
09-25-2018, 09:06 AM

Not seen it yet. Will watch tonight.
Me and the Mrs like a good assassination during the intros.

13 correct last week.
1 the week before. Art and literature are my weak spots...

Sir C
09-25-2018, 09:14 AM

Yes, but also the **** next to him who insisted on introducing himself in Welsh, like some kind of defiant nationalist warrior.

Daft Welsh ****.

IUFG
09-25-2018, 09:20 AM
Yes, but also the **** next to him who insisted on introducing himself in Welsh, like some kind of defiant nationalist warrior.

Daft Welsh ****.

Somewhat futile, given the programme is otherwise entirely in English.
Daft Welsh **** indeed.

Burney
09-25-2018, 09:20 AM

Daft Welsh ****.

Ah, yes. Griffiths. I find Welsh nationalists quite cute, really. Imagine being a nationalist for a place that hasn't been a nation for 900 years. It's almost as cute as being a Cornish nationalist with their funny black and white saltires. :hehe:

PSRB
09-25-2018, 09:23 AM
Ah, yes. Griffiths. I find Welsh nationalists quite cute, really. Imagine being a nationalist for a place that hasn't been a nation for 900 years. It's almost as cute as being a Cornish nationalist with their funny black and white saltires. :hehe:

There's a guy in our road who has those on his Audi number plates. Move back to Cornwall, you silly prick

Burney
09-25-2018, 09:39 AM
There's a guy in our road who has those on his Audi number plates. Move back to Cornwall, you silly prick

:hehe: He probably calls it 'Kernow' and everything.

Sir C
09-25-2018, 09:42 AM
:hehe: He probably calls it 'Kernow' and everything.

I bought a 1.5kg turbot off a boat in Kernow last week for 30 quid. Still slimey fresh. Slow-roasted the fúcker in plenty of olive oil. It was the finest fish I have ever tasted.

Don't knock the Kernowans.

Burney
09-25-2018, 09:52 AM
I bought a 1.5kg turbot off a boat in Kernow last week for 30 quid. Still slimey fresh. Slow-roasted the fúcker in plenty of olive oil. It was the finest fish I have ever tasted.

Don't knock the Kernowans.

I'm sure it was magnificent, but they don't get any credit for having fish.

Were you scared of fùcking it up?

Sir C
09-25-2018, 10:02 AM
I'm sure it was magnificent, but they don't get any credit for having fish.

Were you scared of fùcking it up?

I was quite relaxed, really. I checked on tinternet and lots of people said to roast it in a hot oven for 30 or 40 minutes, but then I saw a chap suggest making a lemon and garlic infused olive oil and roasting it at 150 for 45 minutes, which seemed to me a gentler way of treating the beast. It was really, really fantastic.