PDA

View Full Version : 'and it's live!'

barrybueno
09-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Oh do shut up Tyler you fúcking annoying spastic.

redgunamo
09-23-2018, 03:35 PM

They've kicked him off FIFA too, poor bloke :-(

Just Trent
09-23-2018, 03:36 PM

and it's still as **** as it was in the opening game. Emery trying to change far too much, far too quickly. Half the team look totally confused. Keep it simple for the first few months. Then slowly expand the style as the season goes on. Also, stop picking Bellerin and Xhaka!! :angry:

redgunamo
09-23-2018, 03:44 PM
and it's still as **** as it was in the opening game. Emery trying to change far too much, far too quickly. Half the team look totally confused. Keep it simple for the first few months. Then slowly expand the style as the season goes on. Also, stop picking Bellerin and Xhaka!! :angry:

Ed Smith is at the game, I see. Still looking for a reliable opening bat :rubchin:

Just Trent
09-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Ed Smith is at the game, I see. Still looking for a reliable opening bat :rubchin:

Xhaka with those slow feet? A prime LBW candidate imo. Bellerin would probably keep getting himself run out.

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2018, 08:07 AM

You realise we have just won five games in a row, don't you?

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2018, 08:08 AM

Walcott for England?

PSRB
09-24-2018, 08:15 AM
You realise we have just won five games in a row, don't you?

Slightly flattering, though. Cech saved our skin yesterday. We do seem to be trying to shoe horn players into positions that don't suit them.

IUFG
09-24-2018, 08:23 AM
Walcott for England?

It was quite comforting to see that Theo is still, well, a bit shít.

Burney
09-24-2018, 08:27 AM
It was quite comforting to see that Theo is still, well, a bit shít.

I must admit, when he was through on goal, I relaxed immediately when I realised it was him, fully expecting him to fùck it up. I actually would have been quite put out if he'd beaten the odds and actually scored.

IUFG
09-24-2018, 08:29 AM
Slightly flattering, though. Cech saved our skin yesterday. We do seem to be trying to shoe horn players into positions that don't suit them.

Cech was superb yesterday. You're right of course, against a decent striker, we'd have been three down at half time.

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2018, 08:29 AM
I must admit, when he was through on goal, I relaxed immediately when I realised it was him, fully expecting him to fùck it up. I actually would have been quite put out if he'd beaten the odds and actually scored.

****ed up and managed to hurt himself - he still has it. I must admit I was more worried when he went through than Calvert Lewin

Tony C
09-24-2018, 08:36 AM
We won but I wouldn’t like to be any of them this morning facing up to Juan Carlos.

Knowing him they’re probably in the middle of 5 mile march with 20kg back packs and no breakfast.

:cloud9:

Peter
09-24-2018, 10:20 AM
****ed up and managed to hurt himself - he still has it. I must admit I was more worried when he went through than Calvert Lewin

How did he manage to injure his eye?

I'm not sure he did much wrong the chance, he just ran out of room. Cech was out to him pretty quickly.

redgunamo
09-24-2018, 10:25 AM
How did he manage to injure his eye?

I'm not sure he did much wrong the chance, he just ran out of room. Cech was out to him pretty quickly.

He didn't score, he should have.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-24-2018, 10:54 AM

I'm guessing that Emery is trying to work out which of his players can play the way he want them to play. He needs to decide whether Cech's struggles with the ball at his feet outweigh his obvious ability as a goalkeeper.

PSRB
09-24-2018, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing that Emery is trying to work out which of his players can play the way he want them to play. He needs to decide whether Cech's struggles with the ball at his feet outweigh his obvious ability as a goalkeeper.

Ozil has to play as a number 10, absolutely no point sticking him out on the wing to accommodate Ramsey.

Emery's going to need at least 2 more transfer windows to get the players he wants

redgunamo
09-24-2018, 11:00 AM

Yes, I must say I've been slightly surprised by that. I'd assumed that all these modern coaches, you know, students of the game, would already be well aware of all that sort of thing.

At least he is managing to win games while he's at it.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-24-2018, 11:19 AM
Ozil has to play as a number 10, absolutely no point sticking him out on the wing to accommodate Ramsey.

Emery's going to need at least 2 more transfer windows to get the players he wants

At least 2 more windows.

Yup, but the same can be said for Ramsey and Mkhitarian. Not totally convinced that Auba is particularly comfortable wide left either.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Yes, I must say I've been slightly surprised by that. I'd assumed that all these modern coaches, you know, students of the game, would already be well aware of all that sort of thing.

At least he is managing to win games while he's at it.

He was too busy trying to manage Neymar's ego last season so probably didn't have enough time to check out potential employers and staff.

IUFG
09-24-2018, 11:25 AM
At least 2 more windows.

Yup, but the same can be said for Ramsey and Mkhitarian. Not totally convinced that Auba is particularly comfortable wide left either.

4-4-2 is the answer, imo