PDA

View Full Version : My interest in watching Arsenal currently has dwindled.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2018, 09:06 AM
I have been watching of course.

However it just feels weird.

PSRB
09-21-2018, 09:09 AM
I have been watching of course.

However it just feels weird.

I'm finding it very odd not seeing AW on the touchline. Don't like it

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2018, 09:15 AM
I quite enjoyed last night - could have done without the commentary admittedly. I assume Dury was told that people find Savage ****ing annoying so he had to be equally ****ing annoying to help disguise it

Pat Vegas
09-21-2018, 09:20 AM
I quite enjoyed last night - could have done without the commentary admittedly. I assume Dury was told that people find Savage ****ing annoying so he had to be equally ****ing annoying to help disguise it

the highlight was his attempt of a joke about boxer shorts and Sokratis :-(

Monty92
09-21-2018, 09:20 AM

:rolleyes:

Burney
09-21-2018, 09:23 AM

We play in a cut-and-paste stadium you could find anywhere; I feel nothing - good or bad - about the players; the manager feels like an impostor; and there's virtually nobody left at board level I think of as Arsenal in any meaningful sense.

Increasingly it confirms to me that Wenger was the last tie to the club I cared about and I don't really give a sh1t anymore.

PSRB
09-21-2018, 09:24 AM
:rolleyes:

:shrug: What? I don't like change.

Not of course to say, I'm not fully behind Mr. Emery and his project and as I've stated in a different thread, there's plenty of exciting players coming through. I just miss the old fella

IUFG
09-21-2018, 09:26 AM
We play in a cut-and-paste stadium you could find anywhere; I feel nothing - good or bad - about the players; the manager feels like an impostor; and there's virtually nobody left at board level I think of as Arsenal in any meaningful sense.

Increasingly it confirms to me that Wenger was the last tie to the club I cared about and I don't really give a sh1t anymore.

Meh, its all about getting older innit?

I used to drive all over to away games. Southampton. Wigan. Liverpool. Blackburn. Barnsley. Sunderland. ie some right old shítholes.

I can barely be arsed to go to home matches nowadays.

Monty92
09-21-2018, 09:46 AM
My eye rolling was because I warned everyone about this.

:shrug: What? I don't like change.

Not of course to say, I'm not fully behind Mr. Emery and his project and as I've stated in a different thread, there's plenty of exciting players coming through. I just miss the old fella

Pat Vegas
09-21-2018, 10:24 AM
Meh, its all about getting older innit?

I used to drive all over to away games. Southampton. Wigan. Liverpool. Blackburn. Barnsley. Sunderland. ie some right old shítholes.

I can barely be arsed to go to home matches nowadays.

seems everyone has got older at the same time.

Which of course is correct.

Rich
09-21-2018, 11:26 AM

Have you considered another team? We could support Fulham together, if you like? Beers in Putney before the game, zero expectations of success. Maybe even a relegation battle :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Have you considered another team? We could support Fulham together, if you like? Beers in Putney before the game, zero expectations of success. Maybe even a relegation battle :cloud9:

How will that go with your Chelsea supporting, r? On another note, rumours that Jason Roy may get a call up for the Test squad for Sri Lanka :yikes:

Rich
09-21-2018, 11:50 AM
How will that go with your Chelsea supporting, r? On another note, rumours that Jason Roy may get a call up for the Test squad for Sri Lanka :yikes:

Oh, I stopped supporting Chelsea because I don't like the manager or Morata.

He does play spin nicely, in fairness. At to be fair, who else is there? Could Hales be tempted back in the same way Rashid was (who I assume will also go since we'll play on nothing but raging Bunsens).

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Oh, I stopped supporting Chelsea because I don't like the manager or Morata.

He does play spin nicely, in fairness. At to be fair, who else is there? Could Hales be tempted back in the same way Rashid was (who I assume will also go since we'll play on nothing but raging Bunsens).

Fair point - seems like Denly may even get a go as offers another spin option as well. Thought about Hales as well - maybe they'll see who fares best in the ODIs and they can potentially add to the squad. Rashid will definitely go, along with Ali and Leach as the spin options. Looking forward to seeing Stone bowl - looks sharpish

PSRB
09-21-2018, 12:15 PM
Fair point - seems like Denly may even get a go as offers another spin option as well. Thought about Hales as well - maybe they'll see who fares best in the ODIs and they can potentially add to the squad. Rashid will definitely go, along with Ali and Leach as the spin options. Looking forward to seeing Stone bowl - looks sharpish

I thought Hales quit all red ball cricket?

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2018, 12:46 PM
I thought Hales quit all red ball cricket?
Like Rashid took the season off - never said it was permanent

PSRB
09-21-2018, 01:01 PM
Like Rashid took the season off - never said it was permanent

Did he not? Oh, i thought he did