PDA

View Full Version : 'Spoons

IUFG
09-13-2018, 10:14 AM
So Wetherspoons want to move away from selling European drinks and move to UK, US and Australians ones?

Fúck me, there will be some pretty grim lager choices in there soon...

Burney
09-13-2018, 10:24 AM
So Wetherspoons want to move away from selling European drinks and move to UK, US and Australians ones?

There’s some cracking Namibian lager, tbf.

Rich
09-13-2018, 10:27 AM

:nod: Windhoek. Castle isn't bad, either. Wd the Boers.

Sir C
09-13-2018, 10:30 AM

Most African lagers are pretty palatable in my experience. Safari, Tusker, Kili, Mosi, all ideal for washing the dust of the bush from your parched throat #1000yardstare

Burney
09-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Most African lagers are pretty palatable in my experience. Safari, Tusker, Kili, Mosi, all ideal for washing the dust of the bush from your parched throat #1000yardstare

Dusty Bush. The booby prize from 3-2-1, wasn't he?

Sir C
09-13-2018, 10:42 AM

I wonder what happened to Ted Rogers? Dead now, if there's any justice.

I could never work out the clues.

Peter
09-13-2018, 10:45 AM

Fosters, Budweiser, Carling.

That's Brexit for you.

Does Guinness count as a european drink?

Burney
09-13-2018, 10:45 AM
I wonder what happened to Ted Rogers? Dead now, if there's any justice.

I could never work out the clues.

Alan Turing couldn't have worked out the clues, tbf. I seem to think I once saw a panto with Ted Rogers. Or it might have been Leslie Crowther. One of those anyway.

Just out of interest, I googled 'Dusty Bush'.

http://dustybush.com/category/senior

Burney
09-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Fosters, Budweiser, Carling.

That's Brexit for you.

Does Guinness count as a european drink?

It's brewed over here, I think. Or we could always have the mad Nigerian stuff.

Peter
09-13-2018, 10:48 AM
It's brewed over here, I think. Or we could always have the mad Nigerian stuff.

It is brewed over here but I would guess quite a few 'European' beers are as well.

Not that I am ever going to go in a Wetherspoons anyway.

Burney
09-13-2018, 10:49 AM
It is brewed over here but I would guess quite a few 'European' beers are as well.

It's all pish anyway. Real men drink good, English ale.

Sir C
09-13-2018, 10:50 AM

I went in one. In Swindon, at 3 o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon.

There were two Irish lads scrapping in the middle of the room, with no one taking any notice.

It was called The Savoy.

Peter
09-13-2018, 10:51 AM

I am not overly fond of ale. I dont actually enjoy anything but Guinness anymore.

Im getting old.....

Burney
09-13-2018, 10:54 AM
I am not overly fond of ale. I dont actually enjoy anything but Guinness anymore.

Im getting old.....

What about cider? I currently have three dozen pint bottles of it maturing in my utility room. It looks as though I've gone full Howard Hughes and started keeping my own urine.

IUFG
09-13-2018, 11:04 AM

Most euro lagers for sale here are brewed in the UK. Sadly.

I'm not sure if by the 'spoons 'rules' Stella, brewed in Luton (or wherever), counts as a UK drink?

IUFG
09-13-2018, 11:09 AM

fúck me.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1TLso4Hwrc

Viva Prat Vegas
09-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Burney - "I seem to think I once saw a panto with Ted Rogers. Or it might have been Leslie Crowther. One of those anyway."

Are you sure it was one of those and not Terry Scott ?

barrybueno
09-13-2018, 11:40 AM

I never drink Ale so I'd guess you're right on that. Been invited to this place at the end of the month;

https://amp.theguardian.com/travel/2018/sep/13/10-best-brewery-tap-rooms-craft-beer-bars-uk-and-europe?CMP=twt_a-travel_b-gdntravel&__twitter_impression=true

The Southey Brewing Co one. I do love the write up :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2018, 11:43 AM

:nono: Used to brewed at Park Royal but they closed that down - all British Guinness comes from St James's Gate. Used to have a mate who worked for Guinness - had a bar set up in his flat for a party once with a barrel of the stuff. I spent a lot of time behind that

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2018, 11:46 AM

**** knows what I was drinking at the cricket on Saturday but there were a few good ales (at 5.50 a pint they bloody well should be)

Burney
09-13-2018, 12:02 PM
I never drink Ale so I'd guess you're right on that. Been invited to this place at the end of the month;

https://amp.theguardian.com/travel/2018/sep/13/10-best-brewery-tap-rooms-craft-beer-bars-uk-and-europe?CMP=twt_a-travel_b-gdntravel&__twitter_impression=true

The Southey Brewing Co one. I do love the write up :hehe:

Nothing wrong with Penge. Snobby Guardian cùnts.

Peter
09-13-2018, 12:04 PM
:nono: Used to brewed at Park Royal but they closed that down - all British Guinness comes from St James's Gate. Used to have a mate who worked for Guinness - had a bar set up in his flat for a party once with a barrel of the stuff. I spent a lot of time behind that

Really? Well, I did not know that.

Excellent. Although technically it will be an EU import.....

Burney
09-13-2018, 12:04 PM
**** knows what I was drinking at the cricket on Saturday but there were a few good ales (at 5.50 a pint they bloody well should be)

Yes, there’s usually a decent choice of real ales at the cricket these days. The days when you had a choice between yellow watered-down fizz and brown watered-down fizz (John Smiths) are gone, happily.

Peter
09-13-2018, 12:05 PM
What about cider? I currently have three dozen pint bottles of it maturing in my utility room. It looks as though I've gone full Howard Hughes and started keeping my own urine.

I do not like cider at all. I had a Magners phase but it was short (and sweet...)

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2018, 12:06 PM

but from a British company (still owned by Diageo) - how does that work?

Burney
09-13-2018, 12:06 PM

Given that the U.K. is its biggest single market, I’d say the ball’s very much in Guinness’ court, wouldn’t you?

Burney
09-13-2018, 12:08 PM
I do not like cider at all. I had a Magners phase but it was short (and sweet...)

Magners isnt cider, p. :-|

My cider has bits in :cloud9:

Peter
09-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Given that the U.K. is its biggest single market, I’d say the ball’s very much in Guinness’ court, wouldn’t you?

I want my ****ing Guinness and I dont want to pay a premium for it. Sort it out!!

Peter
09-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Magners isnt cider, p. :-|

My cider has bits in :cloud9:

It is cider, sort of. For Irish women.

Lot of calories, b.

Peter
09-13-2018, 12:19 PM

**** knows. Its one thing to go ahead with Brexit but when you start ****ing with an englishman's right to a pint......the end of civilisation itself.

Burney
09-13-2018, 12:28 PM
I want my ****ing Guinness and I dont want to pay a premium for it. Sort it out!!

If it comes to it, they’ll re-open brewing operations here, p. Thus creating British jobs and putting dirty paddies on the scrapheap.

Another win for Brexit. :salutes:

Burney
09-13-2018, 12:29 PM
It is cider, sort of. For Irish women.

Lot of calories, b.

I find that the calories are largely offset by the explosive diarrhoea, tbf.

IUFG
09-13-2018, 12:34 PM

I used to work for Grand Met before they merged with Guinness.

The staff shop :cloud9: